My Mafia Princess

By lunalovesreadingg

She's a fifteen-year-old girl who killed her "father" in self-defense and lied about it to the police. She th... More

Intro
Trigger Warnings
ONE | Murderer
TWO | Dave
THREE | Found Her
FOUR | Airport
FIVE | Embarrassed
SIX | My Room?
EIGHT | If Only
NINE | Shopping
TEN | Weird
ELEVEN | Uno
TWELVE | School?
THIRTEEN | Artemis
FOURTEEN | Sister
FIFTEEN | Mirror
SIXTEEN | Inheritance
SEVENTEEN | Training & Reading
EIGHTEEN | What?
NINETEEN | Peace & Quiet
TWENTY | Shit
TWENTY-ONE | Tell Me
TWENTY-TWO | The Truth And Skittles
TWENTY-THREE | Disappointed
TWENTY-FOUR | I remember
TWENTY-FIVE | Gossiping
TWENTY-SIX | Revenge
TWENTY-SEVEN | Gunshot
TWENTY-EIGHT | Ignoring
TWENTY-NINE | This Is A Disaster
THIRTY | Bugatti
THIRTY-ONE | Race
THIRTY-TWO | Kiss
THIRTY-THREE | Interesting
THIRTY-FOUR | Staring At Me
THIRTY-FIVE | Traumatized
THIRTY-SIX | Marcello's Truth
THIRTY-SEVEN | A Whole Mess
THIRTY-EIGHT | Two People, Two Kisses
THIRTY-NINE | Sneaky
FORTY | Ice Cream?
FORTY-ONE | Dream
FORTY-TWO | Fire
FORTY-THREE | My Fault
FORTY-FOUR | Obey
FORTY-FIVE | The Win
Epilogue
Bonus chapter
Sequel!!

SEVEN | Dinner

75.8K 1.9K 513
By lunalovesreadingg

ATHENA RUSSO:

Footsteps. I hear footsteps.

Is it time for dinner?

I wait. I wait if someone is going to open my door and tell me it's dinner. I freeze when I hear footsteps near my room. They pause right outside my door and I see the door handle weigh down a little.

I fix my posture and look at the door.

But then they just walk away.

I sigh and I fall onto my back on the bed. My eyes slowly close. Am I on clouds? Because this bed feels so soft.

I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling. I haven't moved from my bed since I sat on it.

This doesn't feel real.

I hope this is a dream but I really don't think it is one. It feels too real but at the same time, it doesn't. The odds of this happening to anyone is probably zero.

I hear a knock on my door and I sit up immediately.

"Athena it's time for dinner."

I relax a little when I realize it's Elijah. I stand up and walk to the door and open it. I look up at see him waiting for me.

"Let's go down together, okay?"

I nod and exit my room and follow him down the stairs.

I try to remember the way but we take so many lefts and turns that I've just forgotten everything.

We end up in a massive dining hall. There's a long marble table in the center of the room. There's a piano in the corner. Unfortunately, I don't even know how to play the piano. I never got the chance to learn. To be honest I'm not really good at anything. I have no secret or special talent. I'm just kinda useless.

Everyone is already sitting down. Lorenzo is sitting at the head of the table. There's an empty seat on the right of Lorenzo which I'm 100% sure is not for me. Opposite the chair is the emotionless guy. I'm pretty sure he isn't. I'm guessing he doesn't know how to express his emotions that well. Anyways next to him is the twin with light blue eyes with Ares next to him. Then next to the empty chair is the twin with dark blue eyes with another empty chair next to him.

Elijah takes his seat and I stare at the empty chair. I sigh and sit down. The second I sit down everyone starts eating. I look around and there's already food on everyone's plates. I look down at mine and I suddenly feel sick.

I can't eat all of that.

I look around to see if anyone's looking and no one is. I huff and start eating. After a few bites, I already feel quite full. But I've barely even eaten half of the food.

I eat what I can and lean back in my chair.

I see a fork go near my plate and take some of my food. I furrow my eyebrows and look at the brother next to me. Is he stealing my food? If he is, he might as well take all of it.

He doesn't look at me but continues to eat my food.

"Domenico leave her food alone," Elijah sneers. Oh, so that's his name. And why haven't they told me their names? I sit up, "Oh no it's fine. I've finished anyway." Everyone looks at me with a look.

"You're finished?" Elijah asks. I give him a slow nod. "But you haven't even eaten half of it," he says, tilting his head in confusion. I shrug, "I'm not really that hungry."

He looks at Lorenzo who just shrugs.

"Wait, if your finished can I have some?" Ares asks with a grin. I push my plate toward him, "If you want."

Domenico pushes the plate back, "Back off it's mine now," he says glaring at Ares.

I look in between them. Are they really about to argue over food? "But I want it! So give it!" Yes. They are. "Fuck off Ares."

"Stop it now," Elijah warns. They both shut up but Domenico mutters something under his breath.

"What is everyone names?" I ask Domenico quietly. He looks at me confused, "You don't remember our names?"

I shake my head, "No. I don't."

He sighs, "I'm Domenico. My twin is Dante. You already know Ares, Elijah, and Lorenzo so that leaves us with Marcello."

I nod, "Okay, thank you."

He looks at me and I awkwardly smile at him. His eyes soften but they turn back to his cold stare and looks away from me.

Weird.

Lorenzo speaks, "Athena you will be joining Ares's school in two weeks. Domenico and Dante also go there. And your luggage is in your room so you can go upstairs and unpack your stuff."

I nod and get up and leave.

Now, this is where my biggest problem lies. I have no idea how to get around this house. I walk around, lost. I should've just pulled a Hansel and Gretel at this point. If only I had a bag full of pebbles paying around.

I see the man from the car and I smile at him, "Sorry to disturb you but um I really can't remember the way to stairs."

He laughs, "Alright Principessa, follow me."

That sounds like princess.

I nod and follow him and this time I remember the way. He guides me to the stairs, "Do you also want me to show you to your room?" I give him a small smile, "Yes please if you don't mind." We go upstairs and go to my room.

"If you need anything I'm here," he tells me.

I awkwardly smile, "Okay."

He walks off and I open my door. I enter my room and shut the door behind me. I see a suitcase which is mine in the corner of my room.

I don't think I'll be staying here for long so there's no point in unpacking.

I look around and see those two doors. I open the nearest one to me and it's a walk-in closet. I shut the door immediately. No thanks. I don't want to feel poor again. I open the other door and it's a bathroom. I shut the door and sigh.

It feels wrong to be here.

I need to change my clothes. I can't sleep in jeans and a sweater.

I grab the suitcase and lay it down on the floor and open it. I grab a hoodie and sweatpants and go into the bathroom. I lock the door and quickly change into it.

I hear my bedroom door open and someone walks in. I freeze.

"Athena?"

I sigh in relief. It's just Elijah.

I unlock the door and open it.

"Yes?"

He turns around and sees me. He gives me a smile, "I just wanted to talk to you."

Oh.

I step out of the bathroom and shut the door, "What do you want to talk about?" I ask.

He sits down on the bed and shrugs, "Well I know this whole thing is sudden but I just wanted you to know I'm here for you."

No one has ever been there for me. I find it very hard to try and believe it. I've been by myself for as long as I can remember.

I look deep into his eyes.

I can tell when someone is lying. No matter how thick the mask they put on. His body isn't tense, he's relaxed. I cross my arms and lean against the wall. He's sitting still and looking at me waiting for a response.

I shouldn't deserve anyone. I don't deserve anyone to be there for me. I just don't. Because I've got blood on my hands and I can never wash it away.

"Okay," I say blankly.

His eyebrows furrow, "Sorry what?"

"I-I mean. I mean. Thank you? Thank you," I stammer.

He has an amused expression on his face. He stands up, takes a couple of steps toward me, and stands in front of me.

"I'm going to go now," he places his hands in his pockets, "but I mean it. I am here for you. You've been through a lot. So if you need to talk to someone. Talk to me. And we're going to the mall to get your school supplies in a couple of days."

I quickly nod and he leaves.

I run my hands through my hair and sigh.

And the question that's been repeating in my head ever since I killed my father creeps into my mind.

What am I going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 2.6K 45
[COMPLETED] It was a sunny day, the weather was perfect for a nice picnic and having fun. It was a day like that when a tragedy struck in the life of...
190K 3.6K 57
At the age of 2 Bella was kidnapped from the park while playing with her 6 older brother's and father. Their mother had died just a month before it h...
827K 29.2K 59
Sequel to The Family I Hate. COMPLETE ✅ You gotta read that book first or this will make no sense. ___________ "You'...
1.7M 47.6K 47
Genesis has grown up with a neglective, abusive father all throughout her sixteen years of life. Despite all the pain and trauma she goes through, sh...