Don't Look Back

By Cheerreader96

Alexa Mercer has the perfect life. She’s the head cheerleader, popular, has the perfect boyfriend and she get... More

Don't Look Back- Chapter 1
Don't Look Back- Chapter 2
Don't Look Back- Chapter 3
Don't Look Back- Chapter 4
Don't Look Back- Chapter 5
Don't Look Back- Chapter 6
Don't Look Back- Chapter 7
Don't Look Back- Chapter 8
Don't Look Back- Chapter 9
Don't look back- Chapter 10
Don't look back- Chapter 12
Don't look back- Chapter 13
Don't look back- Chapter 14
Don't look back- Chapter 15
Don't look back- Chapter 16
Don't look back- Chapter 17
Don't look back- Chapter 18
Don't look back- Chapter 19
Don't look back -Chapter 20
Don't look back- Chapter 21
Don't look back- Chapter 22
Don't look back- Chapter 23
Don't look back- Chapter 24
Don't look back- Chapter 25
Don't look back- Chapter 26
Don't look back- Chapter 27
Don't look back- Chapter 28
Don't look back- Chapter 29
Don't look back- Chapter 30
Don't Look Back- Chapter 31
Don't Look Back- Chapter 32
Don't Look Back- Chapter 33
Don't Look Back- Chapter 34
Don't Look Back- Chapter 35

Don't look back- Chapter 11

1.8K 35 4
By Cheerreader96

Chapter 11-

I woke up the next morning and I had the biggest headache I’ve ever had before. I was sweaty and scared and my throat hurt from screaming.

The things that scared me most about my dream was that I was running in a dark forest and there were people chasing me they kept shouting, ‘Stop come back I can explain.’ that was the familiar voice.

The other voice was saying, ‘Alexa I missed you.’  That one was unfamiliar, I think.

The last and third was the scariest, it was more of a whisper than anything. This one said, ‘you’re coming with me rather you like it or not.’

I sat up and walked downstairs to get aspirin, a bagel, and to find Jessica.

I saw a pink note on the table and went over to read it; Hey Alexa I went out to get party stuff so you better be ready when I get back! –Jess.

I sighed and headed back upstairs to put some sweats and a tank on, then made my way to the guest house.

About 30 minutes later—after I started cleaning, Jessica came back with five huge bags, one of which was a clothes bag.

“Ohh what’s in there?” I point to the clothes bag as she sets down the others.

“Just some clothes and shoes I bout for me…” she pauses to look at me and I pout. “And you of course!”

I giggle at her and run over to her to look into the bag, she reached in and pulled out a little black dress with lots of silver jewelry and box with black heels in it. She sat it down on the couch and then she pushed what was left in the bag to me.

I looked inside and pulled out a pink dress with a black v shaped strap that wound around to my back, there was also a big black watch with rhinestones and a box of shoes.

The shoes were a taupe color and looked like boots but they weren’t.

“Jess, this is really pretty!” I look at her amazed. “Why didn’t you let me come along with you?” I look at her waiting for an answer.

“I wanted to surprise you and it looks like I did, mission accomplished.” I laugh and hug her tightly to me. She hugs back and laughs.

“Okay, now let’s start moving the valuables and furniture out of the way so we can have time to get ready.” She looks at pouting, and I can tell she doesn’t want to move anything.

“Oh come on Alexa can’t we just call someone to move it for us?” I smile and her and walk over to iPod dock I plug my iPod in and put it on shuffle and a Ke$ha song starts to play.

I drag her around and start singing to her as we clan the guest house.

---

Two hours later the house is ready and we head over to the main house to get ready, I shower and give myself a pedicure to match my shoes. I change into the dress quickly so I can spend the remainder of my time doing my hair and make-up.

After two hours of that I picked up my phone from where I dropped it last night and I had two voice mails, I listened to them, one was Aimee saying she couldn’t wait to come to the party, yay!

Note the major sarcasm.

The other was Justin, his just said to call him. So I did.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Alexa what’s up?”

“Nothing, you left a voice mail saying that you needed me to call you.”

“Oh yeah that’s right, what time does your party start?”

“7:30, is that all you needed?” deep down a part of wished it wasn’t just so I could talk to him more; there go my crazy thoughts again. I sat there thinking about our kiss again and what he told me the other day in the car.

“….can I Alexa?” Huh? Crap I must have spaced out and got lost in my train of thought.

“Um, sorry, I uh wasn’t paying attention I guess, can you ask your question again.” I blushed and smiled nervously, I sounded so dumb I bet he could tell over the phone, I was such and idiot.

He laughed and I frowned I knew he could tell.

“I said do you mind if I come over at around seven.”

“Um let me go ask Jessica.” I got up and walked over to Jessica’s room.

“Hey Jess, Justin wants to know if he can come over early.” I held out the phone so she wouldn’t say anything like she did in the car the other day.

“Sure, go ahead and I like your hair by the way.”

“Thanks! Yours looks cute too.” I turned to walk out of her room back to mine.

“Yeah she said you can come early.”

“Alright, but just wondering what’s your hair look like that has Jessica so worked up, did you put a baby bird in it or something?” he chuckled and I got mad.

“Haha, no I actually have it curled at the bottom in a side ponytail, how’s your hair Mr. Perfect?” I snapped back casually as I sat down on my swivel chair.

“Mr. Perfect huh, sounds like someone likes me.” He teased back. My face heated up.

“Oh please, I was just stating that you have a big head.” The blush was still on my face.

“I don’t believe you.” You could hear the smile on his voice.

“Well you should, I only like you as a friend, well only when you’re not being a jerk or trying to kill me that is.”

“That was one time! Gees you accidentally choke once and you never let me hear the end of it.” I could tell he was trying to hold back a laugh.

“Yes, because it was my fault and a accident.” I made sure it sounded sarcastic.

“See? It’s a good thing you finally admitted it.”

“Jerk!”

“Grudge holder.”

I laughed and we kept talking back and forth for about five minutes.

“So do you need the directions here?”

“No, I remember from when I took you home yesterday.” I blushed at the memory of us in his car.

“Oh okay well be in the backyard there’s going to be a little house look for it and youll find us there.”

“Okay see you in a few.”

“Aright bye.” I hung up and turned around, I jumped when I saw Jessica waiting by my door, she was smiling and I wondered if she listened to my conversation.

“Why are you smiling?” I asked suspiciously.

“Oh, nothing, but I think that you might like Justin.” She smiled even bigger and I blushed massively and turned away, damn now she is going to think that!

“Just like I thought.” She muttered this but I could still hear.

“No I wasn’t blushing because of that, uh let’s go over to the quest house he said that he’ll be here in a few minutes.

I grabbed my shoe, still in the box and walked downstairs and put my slippers on as I walked out to the guest house.

Jessica followed and we started to set out the cups, drinks, and snacks. All of a sudden the lights turned off I dropped the plastic cups I was stacking and I heard Jessica yell at me from upstairs.

“Turn the lights back on Alexa!”

“I never turned them off Jess!” I yelled back and as soon I went to pick up the cups I felt arms around my wait and I went to let out a scream panicking, thinking it was Mr. Daniels.

There was a hand over my mouth and I was turned around to face Justin.

He smiled down at me and I was seriously considering bitting his hand, but he saw the look in my eyes and moved his hand quickly.

 I crossed my arms and pouted. “Justin that was mean.”

“Sorry, but I couldn’t help it.” He smiled even though and he still had his arm around my waist.

I heard Jessica coming down the stairs and we moved a bit away from each other and of course I slightly blushed.

“Hey what the hell happened to the lights?” I quickly pointed at Justin and he pointed at me.

He laughed and I crossed my arms, again.

“Jessica he did it.”

She laughed at us and walked over carefully since it was dark and hard to see.

“Justin you need to go turn the lights back on right now before the DJ comes.” I turn my attention back to him once Jessica is right in front of us.

“Fine, I’m going.”

He smiled and went over to the fuse box.

Jessica turned to me smiling as the lights turned on, I walked away blushing and biting my bottom lip as I headed to the door.

I heard a knock and answered it.

“Hey, come right in this way.” I opened the door and he came in with all of his equipment.

He started setting up and I went back to the kitchen to finish up.

“Hey jess—“ I stopped talking as I turned and saw Justin standing there. He looked amazing; he had on a gray t-shirt a blue flannel shirt unbuttoned all the way a pair of dark jeans and some black shoes.

I stopped staring and looked away, quickly.

“Do you want to help me finish setting up?” I point to the food table and look at him.

“Sure I guess.” He walked over towards me and we start putting everything out for the party.

[AN: Comment Vote Fan! The next chapter will be eventful, so keep posted!!!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

728K 9.7K 26
Ali thought she was going to have a perfect senior year, and everything was going according to those plans until Rhys showed up. The attraction was...
515K 11.4K 28
Alexa is a 23 year old living in Boston, with a definite past. She fell in love in high school to a boy she never thought she could replace. Unfortun...
26.1K 352 20
Kendall, a bisexual 16-year-old, is living at home with an abusive mother, who's also an alcoholic. To cope with the physical pain received from her...
31.7K 920 34
𝐀 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐙𝐘 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 || 𝑱𝒖𝒌𝒆 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐒 [14+] 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 - 𝟏𝟐/𝟏𝟐/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇...