Call My Name

By Bp_hiu

Wherein, Lalisa tried out for their school volleyball team and she met the strict, brutal, and talented Capta... More

Author's Note
Prologue
C1: Special Abililty
C2: Volleyball Team
C3: Bad Singer
C4: Club
C5: Try Out
C6: Match
C7: Subway Station
C8: Training
C9: Captain Bitch
C10: Secret
C11: Bike
C12: Jersey
C13: Punch
C14: Worth It
C15: New Season
C16: Tiring Day
C17: Sleep
C18: Dinner
C19: Keep Everything Inside
C20: Love Hotel
C21: We Are Just Friends
C22: In Love With My Bestfriend
C23: Second Game
C24: Effort
C25: Comfort
C26: Friends
C27: Run Away
C28: Hurting
C29: Third Game
C30: Camping Trip
C31: Full Moon
C32: Smiley Monkey
C33: Rude But Sweet
C34: Lowkey
C35: Thesis
C36: Great Tandem
C37: Secret Girlfriend
C39: Pervert
Happy New Year!
C40: Midnight Club
C41: Auction and Prize
C42: Gifts
C43: Replacement
C44: Physically and Emotionally.
C45: Our Dear Monkey
C46: Hangover
C47: Jealous
C48: One-on-One
C49: Championship Game
C50: Continuation
C51: Departing
C52: Visit
C53: Savings and Black Card
C54: Tease
C55: Best Night [M]
C56: Tempting
C57: Planning
C58: Family Day (Manobans' and Kims')
C59: I'm Yours
C60: Possessive and Teritorrial
C61: Fangirl Fiancee
C62: Joke
63: Happiness
C64: 'Us' 'We'
C65: Wedding
C66: Ms. And Mrs.Manoban
C67: Good Morning [M]
Epilogue

C38: Same Situation

28.4K 1.1K 195
By Bp_hiu

Artist: Somi
Song: Anymore
Album: XOXO

Jennie

Lalisa quickly pulled away and she distanced herself from me. She looked so nervous that this someone might get suspicious of us.

I looked where the voice was from to see which person I hated the most.

"Hoyeon." I uttered her name, and she waved her hand awkwardly.

"It's been almost a year since I last saw you, J. You still look great as ever." She smiled at me. "How are you?"

"I don't think you are in a position to ask how I am." I said with annoyance, and she looked down a bit, trying to hide her building tears in her eyes.

I was about to stand up from my seat, but Lisa stopped me by holding my arm.

"Jennie, I think you two should talk and fix whatever you two had." Lisa said, in a serious tone.

She called me Jennie not Nini, it means she is really serious about it. I don't think Lisa knows who the girl in front of us is. If she knows who she is, she might get mad and tell her to fuck off.

I was about to speak, but she rose from her seat and motioned for Hoyeon to sit. She whispered something to Hoyeon and patted her shoulder.

"Control your anger and talk to her properly without shouting or throwing things at her. I'll be waiting outside. Call my name if you need me." Lisa smiled at me and she patted my head.

She walked away, leaving me alone with Hoyeon. I watched her figure exit the ice cream parlour.

Hoyeon cleared her throat, getting my attention. She began fidgeting with her hands and appeared nervous.

"I'm glad you met Lisa." She broke the uncomfortable silence surrounding us.

"You know her?" I confirmed it and she nodded.

"We met in the championship game last season. She watched the whole game and stayed till all the people left the court. " 

I took a deep breath and controlled my anger. I badly wanted to curse her and get out of her, then go to Lisa who was waiting outside.

"Where are you studying now?" I asked calmly.

"Seoul National University." She answered, which made me chuckle in disbelief.

"You managed to carry your whole team to the championship, huh?" I raised an eyebrow and she shook her head.

"The whole team contributed. I'm not the only one who does all the work." I rolled my eyes.

Well, Lisa didn't say that I couldn't roll my eyes while talking to Hyoyeon.

"J, I want to apologize to you for not telling you my situation and for deciding without considering you and our whole team." She said it with full sincerity.

"Do you think that it is easy to forgive you? After you betray me and especially the whole team." I almost raised my tone and I felt my anger rising.

"I know what I did is unacceptable, but I only did that for my mo—" I cut her off.

"Your mom, I know, but still you betray us!" I raise my tone because I can't control my emotions anymore. 

I stood up from my seat and she grabbed my wrist to stop me in my tracks.

"Not only my mom, J." Her tears are afraid to flow from her eyes.

"Then for who else?" 

"For you!" She shouted, and her tears started to flow from her eyes. She stood up and walked towards me.

"What?"

"I'm protecting you from Sunny. She threatened me that she would make you suffer. If my mom is the only one on the line, I'm never going to betray our team, but it was you on the line." I removed her hand from my wrist harshly and glared at her.

"As if she can make my life suffer, just admit that you betrayed me because she offered you a large amount of money!" She wiped her tears and chuckled weakly.

"Yes, she did, but did I accept it?!" 

I didn't respond. She shook her head in disbelief.

"That's how you see me? A gold digger? I really love you with all of my heart, Jennie. I've never used you and have never considered using you. Can't you see my effort to show my love for you? I work my ass off to buy you gifts, pay for our dates, and surprise you."

"Do you really think that I want that? Did I ask you to do that?! All I want you to do is not keep secrets from me! But, you fucking did, and you even lied to me!" I don't fucking care anymore if we are in the ice cream parlour.

"Jen, I didn't want to keep a secret from you, but I have to because I want to protect you and everything important to you." I shook my head.

"You didn't even know what was important to me. Don't act like you absolutely chose the right decision because you didn't!"

She slammed the table and shouted. "What do you want me to do that time, huh?! You know what? You are lucky that you were born with a silver spoon while I'm just a piece of shit that was found in a trash can!! Fine! She offered me a very huge amount of money and promised me that I wouldn't need to pay for my mom's hospital bills!

You don't know how hard my life is! My family is in debt, my mom was on her death bed at that time, and I needed to work my ass off or else we would starve! "

"Jennie, open your damn eyes! You are so blinded by hatred and anger. Understand my situation, understand me! Stop blaming me for doing that because I didn't want it. All I want is for my mom to get well and to protect you. " 

Tears started to flow from my eyes.

I felt an arm wrapped around my waist. It's not the usual person who consoles me this time. Hyoyeon was the one to hug me and comfort me.

There is something missing.

"Shhussh, don't cry." She rubbed my back gently. "I'm sorry, J. I'm very sorry."

I slowly moved my arms and was about to hug her back, but I noticed Lisa's back. She is waiting outside, leaning against the glass and probably getting cold.

"Hoyeon." She slowly pulled away, but her arms remained around my waist.

"Why?" She put a strand of my hair behind my ears.

"I hate you." She nodded in understanding.

"I know, I'm going to make it up to you and the whole team. I love you so much, J. " She kissed my forehead and smiled.

"I have to go now. Lisa is waiting for me." She nodded.

"See you later, J." She waved her hand, and I nodded.

I exited the ice cream parlour and went to where Lisa was. She is leaning against the glass, her arms are crossed, and her eyes are closed.

"Lili." She opened her eyes when she heard my voice.

"Did you two make up?" She asked as she cupped my face and wiped it gently with her thumb.

"Not really. I can't still forgive her, but I think I can try." I answered and enjoyed her warm hands that were cupping my face.

"Good to hear then." She smiled and spread her arms widely. Her arms slowly wrapped around my waist, she rested her chin on top of my head, and her right hand was stroking my hair. "I'm so proud of you, Nini. Go on, let everything out. I know there are tears left that you need to let out."

That's it.

My tears automatically fall from my eyes.

I cried in her chest, and she just hugged me tightly.

•••

Lalisa

Jennie falls asleep when we are on the train. She must be so tired from the game and crying.

I carried her in my back until we got to their mansion.Her parents were the ones who welcomed us. They were surprised to see Jennie sleeping at my back.

They guided me to Jennie's bedroom and opened the door for me. I tucked Jennie in her bed, removed her shoes and socks, and put her phone on the side table because I knew she would find it when she woke up.

I went downstairs when I finished tucking Jennie into her bed. 

Uncle had a worried expression on his face, as well as Auntie. Suddenly, Kai arrives in the living room carrying a briefcase.

"I already tucked her in bed; she is really tired from the game." I didn't tell them about what happened in the ice cream parlour because I don't want them to get worried.

"Thank you for taking her home." My auntie thanked me.

"I always take her home, though." She chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"You have always been nice to our daughter. Thank you for taking care of her and never leaving her side. " 

"It's nothing, Auntie." I glanced at Kai, and he had just finished talking to Uncle. It may be about business. "It's already late; I'm going home now."

"Kai, can you take her home?" Uncle Kai asked.

"Yes, of course." Kai answered and motioned for me to come with him. "We will get going now. Bye Uncle and Auntie. "

"Bye, be careful on your way." Uncle said

"Goodnight, Uncle and Auntie." I waved at them and followed Kai outside, where his car was parked.

Kai opened the car door for me, and I went inside his car. I quickly buckled my seatbelt and he glanced at me, checking if I was ready to go.

He started driving to my house. I typed my address into his GPS.

I was looking out the window, watching the building we were passing by. I frowned when he missed left turn and didn't make a u-turn to go back.

"Where are we going?" I asked him but he didn't answer. Instead, he stepped on the gas and the car went fast.

We arrive in front of a building, which I believe is his family business building. 

He got out of the car and motioned for me to get down as well, which I did. I followed him inside the building.

A lot of employees greeted him, and he nicely greeted them back. We rode the elevator, and he pressed the highest floor.

When we arrived on the highest floor, we climbed stairs and he opened the door. It's the rooftop of the building, and it was beautiful here.

"Shout everything you feel inside." He said, which made me confused.

"What?" He sighed and went nearer to the railings.

"I'M IN LOVE WITH KRYSTAL!!" He yelled on top of his lungs that surprised me. He untied his tie and looked at him. "Your turn."

"No thanks, I'm not crazy like you." I waved my hand, refusing him.

"Come on, I know that you and Jennie are together, but you two are hiding it. Also, I know you badly wanted to shout to the world that you love her, but you can't because you respect her decision." He motioned for me to go near him.

I heaved a sigh and went towards him.

"Go shout to the world what you feel towards Jennie." He encouraged me.

I took a deep breath and held tightly onto the railings.

"JENNIE RUBY JANE KIM!! I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! " I shouted at the top of my lungs and felt great after I shouted my feelings for her.

"How is it? felt good, right? " He asked, and I nodded.

"I've been wanting to do that since we became together, but I can't because of the rule she made." I sat on the floor and sighed.

"To be honest, she can break that and just forget about it. However, her pride is too high and she felt that if she broke her own rule, it would ruin or dirt her reputation." He sat in front of me, not minding if his suit got dirty.

"Why does it feel like she can't do anything for me?" 

"You feel a lot of things when your lover is hiding your relationship with her because she doesn't want anyone to know. So, Jennie told you that you need to hide it so she won't break the rule, but the question is, Until when are you going to hide your relationship?"

"I don't know, she didn't tell me. All I did was to agree with her decision because I think that will make her happy. " He smiled at me and nodded in understanding.

"It's fun and full of thrills to hide your relationship, but when the time passes by, It will turn out differently. You will feel like she is embarrassed to date you, she can't risk anything for you, and she is not actually ready to be with you." I smiled weakly and looked away from Kai.

"So, who is the unlucky girl?" I asked him which made him chuckle.

"Krystal Jung." He answered. "We are both in the same situation. Kyrstal and I also hid our relationship."

"You mean you are in a relationship with a beautiful ice princess model?" I confirmed, and he nodded. "She is definitely blind. What did she see in you?"

"Hey! That's offending." I laughed at his reaction.

"Seriously, thank you for bringing me here. I appreciate your kind gesture, Kai, but you are still an asshole in my eyes." He shook his head in disbelief.

"Give me a break, Lisa. I already apologize." I rolled my eyes.

I looked up at the sky and stared at the moon.

"Kai?"

"Hmm?"

"Bring me home. If my mom scolded me for going home late, I'm going to kick your ass."

"Way to ruin the moment."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.6K 38
Lisa is used to get bullied during her junior high school time and once is saved by her senior. Lisa decides to go to the same high school just to me...
323K 7.2K 68
Lisa Manoban who has a different kind of work, a very different one. Jennie Kim who happened to be a bitch but an innocent girl in terms of sex. Wil...
5.6M 116K 60
Jennie Kim, a law student, struggles every day to support herself. Unlike other young people of her age, she never goes out to clubs and therefore ne...
1.2M 34.1K 27
Never been with anyone, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim certain of herself that a partner wasn't her source of happiness but money, party, and a bunch of friend...