Purpose [COMPLETED]

By AleaAvis

+ COVER ON HD made specifically for this fanfic: @AleaAvis on Twitter! *Fanfic based on the story on Hyrule... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43- Valentine's Special
44
45 -END 1/2
46 END 2/2
REVALINK SEQUEL ALREADY OUT!

EXTRA: Christmas Special

395 6 5
By AleaAvis

-Link ... Would you like to come live with me? - Revali asked, after that he brought a wing to his beak and shook his head -No ... That sounded very dry-

He was practicing to propose to Link one of the most important things for both of them, it had been weeks since their first kiss, since the tournament, the rest of the kingdom was being covered by white snow and the local festivals were starting.

There would be a celebration in the castle town on behalf of Hylia to celebrate the victory against Ganon half a decade ago.

Link decided to take a vacation in his hometown before considering becoming the princess's knight again, the rito believed it was to attend his own festival in Hateno for the end of the harvests and bless the next.

But if he accepted to be a royal guard or simply a knight again, it meant that he would travel non-stop to all regions, whatever decision Link will take, Revali would support it, but the problem was that his home was in that Hylian village.

And he couldn't go there, even though there were other generals, they all counted on Revali to dedicate his life to protecting the Rito village, the heart of the Tabantha region.

-I should tell Mr. Arn what I am planning to do, maybe he will help me- the champion spoke to himself, he was on Vah Medoh. Revali had returned to his town to be able to supervise and assure that the place was under quiet normality and it was somewhat boring, even helping with the Rito Night seemed much more entertaining than being a warrior at the time.

The Rito Night: where the town of the feathered champion was filled with hanging lights, everyone gathered a lot of typical fruit of the region, they sang, they celebrated while waiting for the dawn.

When the first rays of the sun touched the region, rito acrobats would throw olive leaves and white flowers around the huge rocky structure where the homes were built waiting for the wind to receive the gift.

It was a ceremonial festival full of warmth.

A boring tranquility that the Revali of the past hated with all his heart, but now, having matured, he preferred a thousand times to practice and live an overwhelming routine than to experience a daily fear that someone from the tribe would risk their life just trying to walk in the mountains.

He let out a sigh -I will try one more time, keep encouraging me, Medoh- the rito asked, in his mind he created infinite scenarios with which he would ask Link to move to the Rito village, whatever decision the Hylian made, he would continue to be his little knight and he would be his champion.

On top of the highly tidy desk inside the Flight Range's hut there was an open letter from the blond young man that said the following:

"My beloved Revali:

I still think a lot about our first kiss, I feel like a child who repeats over and over the moments with the person they like. I don't know if the same thing happens to you.

I would like us to meet, just tell me where. I want to spend time with you. Pick a place in Hyrule, I'll be there.

-With love, Link. "

Those festivals were an ideal time, but he didn't know which one to choose, or what to do.

-

Meanwhile the young Hylian was spending time at his father's house, who adopted a couple of dogs whose owners had died during the calamity. They were so energetic that the old blacksmith had to have more energy than before to be able to attend them.

The knight was frequently visited by neighbors, childhood friends, children, especially boys or girls who wanted to be the romantic partner of the renowned hero.

At that time Link said goodbye to a couple of children who had beaten him with their tiny wooden swords -Mr. Knightley! Please promise that tomorrow we will be able to play with you again! - said one of these.

The poor one-eyed man laughed a little nervously, he kept a kind expression to hide how much it hurt him to be beaten for hours in the form of a game -I-I don't promise ... nothing ... but ... please ... take care of yourselves! - With that said, he entered his home, closed the door behind him and let out a heavy sigh.

A couple of oversized dogs ran up to him and knocked him completely to the ground -Ah! D-Dad! - He exclaimed, asking for help.

Arn began to laugh as he approached to push the canines away -Life in the village became more interesting since you returned, they already visited me but not so often, everyone wants to see the hero or marry him, soon I will have a new son or daughter! - commented the old man who affectionately caressed the dog's heads.

Link laughed with flushed cheeks and scratched the back of his neck, he still did not tell his father that he had practically already kissed the rito who a few years ago threatened to pierce him using an arrow.

Just remembering that kiss, the young man got nervous and cleared his throat a little. -There are ... new letters?- He asked, trying to avoid the subject, his father denied -Not for you- the blacksmith replied.

Arn noticed that his son always asked the same question every week, the dogs climbed the stairs of the home to lie on the largest bed while the floor below began to flood with the aroma of freshly baked raspberry tart, the old man was baking the knight's favorite dessert.

Link's spirits were slightly restored as soon as he smelled such a sweet reward for the day, his father then took out two clay cups, put milk to heat and finally served the following food: A piece of tart for each one along with a cup of hot milk with a mixture of honey and cinnamon.

They took out two large pieces of tart that almost looked like half the plate.

Finally they sat down, Link little by little recovered his way of wildly eating as usual, in almost one bite he finished with his piece and then drank the milk eagerly, he smiled from ear to ear when he felt satisfied.

Arn let out a loud laugh -It reminds me of when you were a little boy, but look at you, you're even growing a beard- he said wistfully, then got in a serious expression -Now, you know that many girls and boys come to see you because they are interested romantically in you, but there is already someone who catches your attention, am I wrong? - he asked

Link was swallowing his drink when he heard the question, he spat the liquid and started coughing repeatedly as he hit his chest trying to catch his breath.

When he raised his head he saw his father wiping his face with one of the workshop's rags -Ah! ... Sorry! Dad! - the blond apologized, extremely embarrassed, the older man made a gesture with his hand indicating that he should not speak until he finished cleaning.

As soon as he did, he looked at Link again -For the next time I will try to ask things when you don't have something in your mouth- Arn said, he was still seriously expectant of the answer, the blond instead looked around the house a bit nervous -Son ...-

-There is...someone- the knight began to say, he remembered that shameful occasion where he got so drunk that he dared to kiss Revali's neck, or when he jumped off a balcony just to annoy the rito and they ended up kissing, his cheeks turned red.

He was embarrassed: Yes, Revali had seemed attractive to him after meeting him, his heart celebrated when the rito approached him to give that rare compliment after saving him from Windblight Ganon, but at that time he unconsciously just wanted the feathered one to leave him alone, then, when they began to work together, he looked at him as a colleague, a friend, and finally when he was about to leave to get the triforce of courage, a small thorn remained that repeated in his head the phrase: "Maybe I like him... "

And that "Maybe I like him ..." stayed there for several years, he met love in different ways, he corresponded, he loved, he gave all of his self; But Link kept thinking about what he would do if he came across Revali, fantasies of seeing him again or at least his silhouette in the sky, there were times where the blond took out the rito's cream-colored scarf that he gave him to smell the soft aroma of pine mixed with raspberries.

Link always felt excited every time he went to the rito champion's native village and a great disappointment when he could not find him.

He almost asked the ground to swallow him the day he decided to visit Eria so he could bathe and make himself more presentable when he met him after several years.

Revali was much more handsome than he remembered, knowing that he took care of his sister, that he helped him in his work so that he could go to attend the destiny's call was what replaced the "Maybe I like him ..." by an "I love him" .

Arn smiled -And does that someone correspond to you?- He asked, Link quickly nodded while making a frown with his lips -You...already...know them- he answered

The old man brought his head back, looking at the small square chandelier that hung over them -I already know them ...- that blacksmith repeated meditatively -Someone close? - he asked, Link nodded again - one of the champions? - His son made an affirmative gesture again.

-My first option would have been Mipha but we already know that she had an incredible fairy tale with Princess Zelda- said Arn putting a hand to his chin -Daruk either, because he is very focused on taking care of his family and the Goron people ... Urbosa has spent more time with the princesses or the king than with you ... Revali? - he asked at the end.

The old man noticed how Link startled and his cheeks reddened even more -Do you like that egomaniac rito who kept looking for you to challenge you to all kinds of absurd confrontation when you were in the restoration of those fortresses? - He asked somewhat surprised, the blond nodded slowly, if he put it like that, it sounded stupid.

... Pretty stupid.

Arn started to laugh -I didn't think you liked them with such heavy personalities- he limited himself to commenting -But, sometimes he came here to see how I was or to ask for advice, I must say that Revali has matured a lot, but not enough as if to say "no" to a fight, just like you, so you're birds of a feather if you ask me- after saying that the blacksmith took a sip of his drink.

Link smiled relieved, happy, his father seemed to have approved their relationship, the small wooden clock on the wall tinkled a loud bell marking six o'clock, almost at the same time someone knocked on the door from outside, the hylian went to open only to find a rito, but it was not HIS rito, although it was a messenger -Letter of an urgent nature from the champion Revali-

Those words were enough for the knight to gather all his strength to maintain his composure and not take that letter from him, he gently took it in his hands.

He quickly opened the envelope and read the message:

"My beloved little knight. I long to have you between my wings and caress your beautiful face, your hair, I would like to spend these festivals with you, the winter waltz of the Zora, the Harvest Festival of Hateno, the Rito Night, the celebration of the castle, the Goron tournament and even the Gerudo bonfire.

I am completely willing to fly by your side, I just want to be with you.

Madly in love and yours, Revali "

Those last words made Link blush dramatically, he imagined so many romantic scenarios in those celebrations next to the rito champion, but he had to choose ... Or maybe not ...

He had the sheikah slate, and he could make a perfect date using it, but both of them, especially Revali would need to gather energy if they planned to make such a hectic day, he prevented the messenger from leaving to write a reply letter with a handwriting that seemed shattered by the swiftness compared to the beautiful handwriting of his lover.

Link closed the envelope, wrote the name of Revali as the recipient to give it to the rito who was waiting with incredible patience at the door of that house -Is this the answer letter? - the feathered asked surprised by the short time he waited to which the blond nodded repeatedly.

After the departure of the messenger, Link began to plan everything meticulously, nothing would ruin that date, his first date with the love of his life.

The days passed, finally the day when all those celebrations would take place arrived, Revali received a clumsily written letter that said: "We will go to all the celebrations, get ready, I will go for you" that sounded more like a threat by the hieroglyphs that looked like letters than a romantic proposition.

Although he was partly excited, that day he would not wear his armor, he wore a wine-colored tunic with golden threads at the ends, a brown belt whose buckle had the symbol of his people, instead of his iconic braids he had made a single one that was long and reached his shoulder where the final lace was adorned with the earring that Link had given him years ago.

He was inside the Flight Range's hut so that no one else would see his feathers al fluffed up.

Revali was an adult, a warrior, one of the heroes who defeated the calamity ... So why did he get so nervous about that day?! He looked at himself in the mirror over and over again, and even practiced how he would say hello to the knight.

He pretended that he was leaning against the frame of the entrance to the place - "Hello Link, you are early" ... No, no- he cleared his throat, made another pose, crossing his arms - "What? These rags? It's a date? No? I had to wear something decent for the occasion "- the rito wanted to look great, heroic, gallant, he wanted to leave the hylian speechless (if he could be more than speechless than he already was), make him blush, get as many expressions out of him as possible.

Soon he held his head between his wings -Come on, calm down, it's just a date ...- he went silent for a couple of seconds -With the man you have liked for almost a decade, of course, just one date- the first formal date after having courted the hylian.

He went to put on his champion scarf and as he ceremoniously put it on he heard someone knocking the frame of the hut's entrance, Revali turned his head looking out of the corner of his eye at ...

-Link!- He exclaimed, letting go of his scarf, making the weak knot he made unravel, the knight was wearing that princely and attractive royal guard outfit.

-S-Sorry, I was getting ready- he looked around being grateful that it was tidy and that his armor was carefully placed on a yellow trunk where the Great Eagle Bow was also kept.

Link approached waving his hand slowly, when he was a short distance away and pointed to his scarf and then made a gesture that said "May I?"

Revali understood, let go of his scarf and nodded -I would appreciate it- he said with a smile, trying to calm as much as he could the accelerated pulse of his heart, the hylian extended his hands to begin to carefully tie the rito's scarf -You look ... very handsome- he muttered shyly.

After finishing, Link went a little closer, looking into the archer's eyes, the other took the knight's hands, preventing him from letting go -I must say the same about you, champion of the sword- Revali said gently caressing his knuckles.

-I missed you- he added, the swordsman had his cheeks flushed and even so he kept getting closer -Me ... too- he replied while kissing the rito's beak gently.

The rito's beaks may not have been lips but they were very sensitive, Revali closed his eyes feeling the tender touch as well as the slight heat that his lover's lips gave off, he let out a sigh when feeling so overwhelming and expected action.

Link kept placing soft kisses until he separated, giving a small laugh -It seems that you never been kissed like this- he commented, Revali half-opened his eyes still caressing the hands of his lover -You are the only one who I have allowed to do it, I never wanted anyone else doing it- he replied.

Overwhelmed by the answer, Link's cheeks instantly flushed, he looked away as long as the rito didn't see his face turned into a tomato, however, Revali took him by the chin with one of his wings to make their eyes meet again -Don't you have a whole day planned? Or will you let it go on like this? Because with a lot of pleasure I can continue to be incredibly cheesy just to bother you-

Link did not know whether to hit his beak or give him another kiss, but it was true, they had a carefully planned day to which he separated, clearing a little, began to gesture with his hands:

"I had planned first to go to the Castle's celebration for a good breakfast, then to Hateno's festival to celebrate the good harvest, then to the Goron tournament to support Daruk, then to the Gerudo bonfire to toast with Urbosa, then to the Zora's waltz to dance a couple of songs and finally be here in the Rito's Night, just the two of us "

-You planned a whole trip through the kingdom, eh? Sounds ... Interesting- said Revali surprised, in a way astonished that Link had planned everything so meticulously, but he felt as excited as the hylian.

Link took out the sheikah slate, and made a gesture with one hand that said "Ready?", Revali nodded with a smile crossing wings -You are in charge today, although I warn you, it won't be easy to please me- he commented.

They smiled, accepting the "challenge" of the day before them.

Both disappeared to reappear in a sanctuary near Hyrule's Central square, the snow fell delicately but on the stone floor there was no trace of the white gift, there was some of it in the surroundings, but there were colored ribbons on the streetlights, various attractions, food stalls, art, among other things.

Despite not liking people very much, the rito did enjoy a good festival -How about if we first see what they sell and then we go for breakfast? - he proposed to Link who nodded in agreement.

As they passed, only a few noticed the presence of both champions but most of the attention was focused on the same thing: Celebrating and seeing the novelties.

First they went to an antiques stall and pieces of artifacts -Look, this ... would look good on... Mipha- said the hylian showing a necklace whose stone was shaped like a drop of water -This one has the style of Zelda- said the rito showing a diadem that consisted of a thin golden chain with a pearl -This one definitely looks like Urbosa- they said in unison, pointing to a pair of golden emerald earrings.

The two kept looking through things until Revali found a hood that on top had a pair of bunny ears -Hey little knight, this would look very good on you- when he turned around he noticed that Link had a similar pair of ears.

Link lowered the hood for a moment to make a sign: "If you put them on, I'll put them on"

-We will put them to the count of three then- said Revali amused -Three  ... Two ... One... Now- as ridiculous as he felt, the rito put on the bunny ears and looked at the blond who had not put them on but instead he began to laugh, letting out a hoarse laughter as he pointed at him.

-AH! You filthy cheater! - exclaimed the rito, taking them off immediately, wanting by all means to put the hood on the hylian who was only lightly slapping the archer's wings, preventing him from putting that thing on him -I would have taken ... an image- he said with a laugh.

Revali grunted -You would have and "here lies the champion of the sword"- the salesman began to clear his throat causing both of them to pay attention to him - Are you going to buy something or not? - He asked with the greatest patience.

The rito began to search his pouch to get a couple of rupees adjusting the price marked on the small wooden sign, extended his wing and paid, Link looked confused and asked a question with sign language after leaving the hood that he had in hands:

"Why did you buy that thing?"

Taking advantage of his moment of distraction, Revali took off the swordsman's royal guard's beret to smash the hood on his head -For this!- He said with a triumphant laugh -Where do you have the sheikah slate? This would be a worthy image to record- he said now as Link tried to retrieve his beret.

The pair scampered along the stalls until they crashed into a red-haired man that was wearing eccentric purple robes who just smiled at them with an eerie calm -Ah! ... I-I'm sorry! - Exclaimed the champion of the sword giving several bows, Revali also gave repeated apologies, the man just started laughing as if it were part of his job -No problem, gentlemen, do you want to take a look at my store? - He offered extending his hand.

It was a square wooden awning with exotic fabrics and a wooden table with various mask around it, there was a sign that said "Happy Mask Shop"

Revali noticed that Link began to see the various objects before them, there were also masks for rito, the blond took the mask of a yellow painted fox in his hands, took off the hood with the bunny ears and placed that object on face to look at him.

He made a gesture with his hands: "How do I look?"

-I feel that that mask is something sad for you, I still prefer the bunny ears to be honest- said the rito as he took a mask that looked like a bald eagle's and put it on -How about this one? -

Link took off his mask and stuck out his tongue in a gesture of disgust, the rito laughed amused -I see, I see- he commented, leaving the mask, he heard a sound that he knew well: The little knight's stomach roaring, he was hungry.

-Shall we have breakfast?- He asked, spreading his wing while with the other he put the royal guard beret on his partner who only nodded.

But there was no success, the food stalls no longer had anything, the inns and restaurants were filled, they walked all over the city, the only thing they got was a lemonade that was already warm.

Link was feeling frustrated, the first phase of their date had not worked -Maybe we'll find something in Hateno, you said it was our next destination, right?- Revali asked, who stowed the bunny-eared hood in his pouch.

Maybe they could find food there, the hylian took out the Sheikah slaye. The couple disappeared and then reappeared in Hateno, violins and flutes filled the air with beautiful melodies but something felt out of place.

There were far fewer people than in the castle town -I'm thinking about ... Sauteed vegetables and fish- said Revali stroking the swordsman's head, ruffling some of his hair through his beret -I will get that fish, go to your house to prepare those vegetables- commented the rito.

"It was not what I had planned, but I suppose it will do" thought the blond who decided to go with the flow, before the archer left, he took him by a wing carefully to be able to gesticulate: "But after eating we will go immediately to Eldin" said Link.

The archer nodded with a smile on its beak before taking flight, meanwhile the knight felt somewhat discouraged. The first phase of their date did not turn out as planned, but maybe they could still have a good day.

Walking home, Link noticed that the music was playing but the tables where communal meals would be held in the center of town had no one, the plates were empty and no inhabitant seemed to know what was going on.

Soon he spotted his father and sister, Eria, he diverted the path to go with them -Ah, son, weren't you on a date? - Arn asked with a somewhat absent appearance -What happened ... here? - he asked immediately.

-We think it was monsters that came at night and took away the food that was ready to be eaten, and even the grocery store is empty because we used everything- Eria replied, crossing her arms in a clear symbol of disgust.

Help them, maybe he would invest a lot of time in that, but it was the right thing to do, he heard a couple of flaps and soon Revali landed near them -Arn, Eria, nice to see you ...- he greeted with cordiality he looked to the sides -What's happening? -

Link started gesturing: "We will need more fish, meat, fruit, wheat, and-"

The rito made a gesture with its wings to indicate to stop -Let's see, I thought we would only eat, not run the errand, what the hell happened here?-

"The monsters, they ruined the food for the celebration, there is nothing, they took everything, we cannot leave them like this, it is a very important celebration for my people"

After receiving that answer, Revali brought a wing under his beak in a meditative way. -I'll tell you what ...- he smiled mischievously, his emerald eyes began to burn -Let's have a competition for the old days- he said.

"What?"

-Yes, I will go for the meat, fish and fruits that I find, you will go for wheat, sugar cane among other provisions that are only available in stores- he proposed and then looked at Eria -I need you to gather the cooks as soon as possible for them to heat the pots - he said.

-Master Revali, it's something that we can d- she went silent when she saw that the rito was serious -Okay, but don't delay, I'm very hungry- she said, exhausted as she took her father's hand so they both began to gather the people.

Revali returned his sight to Link -Are you afraid of losing? - He asked mockingly as if he were the arrogant rito from so many years ago -Never- replied the blond in a hoarse voice with a smile on his lips feeling the adrenaline rush through his veins.

-I will go for a borrowed bow and arrows, you can use the sheikah slate, take it as a generous advantage from your servant- said the archer but his lover shook his head -Without ... slate- the hylian replied, with that he ran out to the little stable in his home.

It did not take long to then to see Link riding out in Epona towards the exit of the town indicating the start of the competition, Revali took off into the sky.

Each time they arrived with ingredients they both whipped what was brought on the tables and exchanged quick glances to see who "had the advantage."

Two and a half hours passed and the pair of champions left the last thing they needed for the celebration. They collapsed on the grass, their luxurious costumes that were supposed to be used for the Zora's waltz were made a mess of dirt, grass and water -W-Who won? - The rito asked, exhausted.

Link was on the grass, and Epona nibbled his hair, sometimes giving light licks to the hylian's face, he shook his head while panting -You can declare a tie and come to eat- Eria said holding two plates of sautéed fish with vegetables.

-I'm benevolent enough to give your brother the benefit of the doubt, that's fine with me- said Revali sarcastically as he rejoined, felt a somewhat sharp blow on his wing -Ow! - The blond had hit him and now made a sign language gesture:

"Tie and nothing else"

He extended his hand whose glove was full of dirt and the rito shook it -Okay, okay ... Even though you're full of dirt, I think that if we go to the Zora's waltz they will take us out immediately, I think it was a bad idea to wear these outfits so early - he said, diverting the subject.

But it had been a lot of fun, it had been so long since they felt like that!

Immediately the blond began to see his uniform, it was full of dirt, branches, wheat flour, among other things, he released Revali and stood up immediately while trying to clean the outfit as much as he could with his hands.

The rito champion stood up to take the dishes that Eria offered him -Thank you, I hope you can use what we brought- he said in a low voice respecting the frustration that his lover experienced, the young woman shook her head -You've done more than enough, Master Revali, Thank you-

-We all deserve a good celebration- replied the other with satisfaction, leaving the plates on the table near Link. Arn approached with woven straw baskets containing freshly baked bread -You must change your clothes if you want to continue with your date! - the older one scolded.

Revali looked at the knight astonished -T-They already know?- He asked with some nervousness, the blond made a gesture with his head and shoulders as if to say "Probably".

-They should eat first and then change, but it's only an opinion, I only came to spend the festival with dad, not to be the babysitter of these two- Eria pointed out, the pair of lovers exchanged glances, they definitely weren't in their plans to get so dirty, but it had been a lot of fun racing.

The blonde then gestured: "A good meal would be good to celebrate our tie."

It was with that comment that they sat down to eat, the inhabitants of the town approached to thank them as well as try to flirt with the hylian, a young woman with brown hair served them a couple of jars of juice -Take it as a thank you- said the girl who winked at the swordsman who just took a big gulp of his drink trying to pretend that he didn't see that little flirtation invaded him with discomfort.

-It looks delicious, we appreciate it very much- Revali intervened with kindness, then looked at Link, pretending that he was going to tell him something important -The other day Nill told me that he was considering adopting a rito kid that they found in the mountains- he began to tell to the blond, the girl had no choice but to leave to respect the conversation.

Link, on the other hand, seemed genuinely surprised by that -Adopt? - He asked, the rito nodded -Some warriors recently found an orphan child, Nill wanted to adopt him immediately- he said -Have you ... Considered it too? - Asked the blond.

Revali almost choked on his drink but only ended up clearing his throat and lowering the jar -I don't feel like I have enough patience to raise an infant, but ... I would be a great uncle- he commented, puffing up his chest with pride at what the hylian laughed a little.

However that left him thinking -Little knight ...-

-Uh?

-In some future you plan to hmm ... Adopt? - There was silence while the blond's blue eye was marked in surprise -I-I mean many years from now! It doesn't matter if we are together or not! I-I just wanted to know if you consider it- Revali said with his feathers extremely ruffled.

Link passed his hands playfully around his almost empty jar, bit his lip as he looked around the plates that were spread out on the festival, some children playing, some waving at them, parents feeding mashed potatoes or milk to babies who barely had their first teeth, the knight adored children but ...

-I think ... It's very early ... I would prefer... Being an uncle... - he answered at the end with a hoarse voice and then coughing a little, relieving the itch in his throat taking a last drink of juice.

Many hoped that the knight would be the one to bring an infant home but the reality was that he did not see himself assuming such a great responsibility, it seemed even greater than having the master sword.

-Time will tell then- Revali concluded finishing his plate of food, Link finished his almost with a bite, looked at the rito and smiled with satisfaction -Ughhh, your face is full of crumbs, wait- the archer took a silk handkerchief from his pocket, with his free wing, carefully grasped the hylian's chin so that he could clean his cheeks.

The blond made a disgusted face but still didn't do anything to get away -Since we're a mess, how about we change and then go with Daruk?- Asked the archer.

-Daruk ... First- replied Link, they had already used hours of that great goron tournament to help the people of Hateno, and he didn't want to waste any more time -Well, then let's go- Revali said releasing him, the hylian let out a satisfied sigh from the food, he patted his stomach a few times before picking up the sheikah slate.

Then he took out two Chilly elixirs from his pouch, which they quickly drank.

-Here ... we go-he said in his broken and enthusiastic voice.

When they arrived applauses and cheers invaded the air, maybe if they ran they could see the last fights, Link took Revali from the wing to start running towards the audience.

As the rito ran, he could notice the warmth and strength with which the hylian took him, he looked so excited, happy, although the archer could match his speed when running, he let himself be guided.

They arrived at a stone platform near the mount where the heads of Goron's chiefs from the past were sculpted, the competitors had paint all over their bodies and garments tied around their waists.

The tournament was to honor a very ancient fighting art dating back to the Twilight era called "sumo", as soon as the contestants arrived they were already straining to try to knock each other down by crossing a circle marked on that platform.

According to a blackboard near the platform it was the quarterfinals, they lost a large part of the tournament, Link pursed his lips avoiding taking a frustrated sigh.

The couple watched the tournament with fascination, they spent most of the time in silence or cheering on their favorite contenders -They say they only accepted one hylian throughout this fighting art- Revali commented after seeing how one of the matches ended by declaring winner one of the participants.

Link nodded -The hero ... of ... twilight- he deduced, the rito nodded -It would be interesting to see the species competing with each other in this tournament, but I think we will see that until the near future, I hope- said the other.

When they were the finals they saw Daruk approaching the platform, the goron champion wore that same outfit and red paint around his body with the symbol of his people, extended his arms to greet those present where many of them were visitors who only wanted to see the action.

Daruk spotted the pair of champions who had arrived - Little guy! Revali! - He exclaimed - Victory will be dedicated to you! - He said sure of himself.

The couple smiled and raised their fists with excitement -Go for it Daruk!- Revali encouraged.

A large goron approached the arena, had a purple paint around his body, the two got into position, leaned forward bending their knees, the opponent of the goron champion touched one in the form of threat and let out a growl .

Daruk instead laughed out loud -For the best fight of the day!- just when the fight started the goron spectators gathered even more to support that fight closing the rito and the hylian's vision area, just when they were able to regain their vision the last fight of the day was over.

They both sighed in disappointment, but were happy that Daruk had won, the goron champion approached them both with a huge smile on his face and took them by the shoulders pulling them closer to him -I want you to join me in celebrating this great victory! -

Link smiled, and started gesturing with his hands: "We will stay a little while, we are touring Hyrule", the goron nodded -Okay! How about we all eat a rock roast?- He said, patting the rito's shoulder -It serves you to eat something decent for the first time in your life- he added referring to Revali.

The blond covered his mouth avoiding laughing while Revali looked offended at the goron -Just because I don't eat rocks doesn't mean I have bad taste, and I already ate a couple of hours ago- he said, crossing his wings.

Now that the tournament was over there would be a banquet, the gorons who collected the most select rocks prepared for the occasion, there were lots of rock roasts, goron curry with rice, meat among other dishes with spicy flavor.

Someone served two pieces of rock roasts in front of the group of champions once they were seated on one of the large stone tables, Link had not refused to eat a little more, took his piece and immediately nailed his teeth on the crispy and smoking rocky surface.

At those moments Revali watched him with some surprise and horror as the hylian devoured solid rock with his teeth, wondering why that boy who again stained his cheeks with food attracted him so much.

Soon Link noticed that he was looking at him, he turned to see him and smiled with his cheeks full of small crumbs and then offered him -Erh ... no, thanks- the rito replied in a low voice.

-At least give a bite, Revali! It won't kill you to try something new! - Daruk exclaimed, hitting the archer on the back who snorted - Good! If you leave me alone with that, I will do it - the archer angrily said as he took the rockroast that the hylian offered him to give it a careful bite.

To his surprise, the rock gave way smoothly as if it were a cut of fish, reaching the palate with a rich meaty flavor that could not be compared to other dishes and that was richly mixed with a touch of curry.

-Not bad at all- he murmured turning to see Daruk who was looking at him with a confident smile -Did you think we gorons ate rocks that we found out of nowhere or what?- Asked sarcastically the goron, Revali looked away as Link finished his rockroast.

-In any case we have to go and prepare for the Zora's waltz- interrupted the archer -You will go too? That's fantastic! - exclaimed the goron, Link looked surprised and made a gesture: "Will you go too?"

-That dance will be partly to honor the engagement between the princesses! Mipha is part of Daruk's family of brothers and sisters, I think Urbosa will also go- said the older, Revali exchanged glances with the blond, apparently if they had gone to the Gerudo's bonfire Urbosa would not be there, so it only remained to go to the Zora's waltz before of the Rito's Night.

The rito put its wings in a gesture that seemed to hold the air -Are you telling me that if we had not come here we would not have known about this dance to "Honor" the princesses, and we would be the only ones out of the event? - he asked.

-You see, Urbosa and I are the heads of our tribes, we must go to pay our respects to the union so that there is more approval throughout the kingdom and avoid extremist opinions such as what we lived in the tournament, you have already done a lot for both of them, so we opted to give you the day off, especially since both of you are starting to experience life as a couple, right?- said Daruk.

The archer's feathers became extremely ruffled -How did you know ?! - He asked with an irritated tone, the goron began to laugh showing his large white teeth -You are quite predictable! You two kept making tender eye contact during Mipha's appointment as champion of the tournament, and even when we said goodbye, we are not stupid- he responded with enthusiasm.

Link cleared his throat with his cheeks looking like red tomatoes -But ... still ... we're ...just... starting- he tried to defend, despite having a good laugh Daruk placed his huge hands on both of their shoulders giving a couple of pats -This old man will keep quiet as a rock, but if they go to the waltz you better wear something more ... clean-

Revali looked himself up and down, those clothes were his best outfit, he could tell that the hylian was also going through the same problem -I suppose we could go with our usual clothes, huh? - He asked, looking at Link who nodded.

-If you go surely the princesses will be very happy, but if you have other better things to do, we are not going to complain either, this is a special day for all Hyrule and it deserves to be celebrated as you want- recalled the goron, the pair looked at the older one with glances determined that in silence said "We will go".

When Daruk withdrew to attend to the congratulations of other contenders the champion of the sword began to gesticulate: "Let's see ... First I will take you to the Rito village with the sheikah slate, and then I will go to Hateno so that we can change, I will return and we will go to the Waltz together"

-Sounds like a good plan, I'll be ready in five minutes- said the rito with a reassuring smile, noticing how the hylian's face darkened as that day passed, soon a blue light enveloped them and they appeared in a sanctuary near the Flight Range.

Link made a "I'll be back soon" gesture in a shaky way from the cold before disappearing before him.

Revali looked for a few moments at the platform where his lover had been a few moments before turning around and taking flight towards the cabin that was waiting nearby.

The blond meanwhile returned to Hateno, the atmosphere was much more lively, because they helped with the food, artists from nearby towns came to sing, act and entertain the inhabitants who had now organized a great dance to the sound of lively accordions while some dancers moved artistically laces of different colors.

As much as he wanted to stay and watch the celebration, he had to dress for the waltz.

He sneaked close to the house, before reaching the door, he went to the stable to give Epona an apple and stroke her mane as if that gave him luck, a luck that he needed a lot.

His date with Revali was being a disaster, the clothes they were supposed to wear for the elegant event were disgusting, they had not been able to go to breakfast at the citadel, not to mention that Hateno's food became scarce, they almost lost all the Goron tournament and also they were about to go in vain to the Gerudo bonfire.

When he entered his home he went upstairs and opened his closet where the champion's tunic was, his pants, boots, he cleaned his face and then dressed in the chosen outfit, he quickly looked at himself in the mirror to tie his hair where he noticed another misfortune.

His face: He was no longer that 17-year-old knight with bright eyes, serene, energetic countenance, now he had a long scar over one eye that he could never open again and other one next to his chin, marks of fatigue...

Did the rito really love him like that?

With a new insecurity added to those that were born during the day, he took the sheikah slate and disappeared in an enveloping light to reappear again in Tabantha where the rito awaited him, Revali was looking at the horizon with his wings behind his back.

The Rito village looked like a small set of stars from there because of the decorations they placed; As soon as he heard him arrive Revali turned and smiled, wearing his armor again and even looking more comfortable with it.

"Did you wait a lot?" Link asked.

The rito shook his head -I just arrived, I can't deny that you looked handsome wearing that royal guard uniform but, I feel like you are more like you wearing this outfit... - he said approaching, Link did not react to the comment he only nodded and without asking if he was ready or not, they disappear in another bluish light.

They reappeared in one of the lower rooms of the Zora's domain, the water reached their feet, the hylian let out an exasperated snort when he realized that they got in the wrong sanctuary, the water soaked his boots, his pants, he reluctantly walked towards the stairs.

-Link ...- called the rito.

The aforementioned did not respond, he began to shake one of his legs with the false hope that it would dry soon -Link- called the archer who followed him, Link instead took off his boots to empty the water in them.

He stopped as soon as Revali took him by the shoulders -Link, answer me, what's wrong? - He asked genuinely concerned, the hylian's blue eye was crystalline from tears that wanted to come out -I ... I ruined it- he murmured with his hoarse voice.

In those moments Link not only hated his face deformed by countless battles but also his hoarse and disharmonious voice, he shrugged as he looked away helplessly.

He was in a silent lament avoiding crying in frustration.

The music that emanated in the region was not happy as in his town or traditional as in the Eldin region, but the harps, cellos, flutes and violins began a soft melody that denoted all the elegance and perfection that was lacking in him.

He waited for Revali to sigh helplessly so that he would then leave.

But no, he felt a warm hug that brought him closer to the rito's chest, then as one of the archer's wings caressed his barely arranged blond hair, slowly his body began to sway next to Revali's as if they were following the rhythm of the waltz that filled so beautiful domain.

He didn't tell Link to stop feeling like this, the knight continued not looking at him, silently fighting out his frustration regarding his date and insecurities until in the third piece he felt more recovered.

The hylian raised his head to admire the rito's sky blue scarf, his pants, socks, and boots already dry from the icy winter air that even reached the Zora domain.

Link passed the back of his hand over his nose to try to clean himself, then passed his forearm over his eye that had threatened to shed tears that did not come out in the end -It's ... The worst date ...- he said with his imperfect voice - I am no longer ... young ... nor am I ... handsome- he added after fighting against a huge lump he had in his throat, he lowered his head.

He was an adult, he shouldn't feel as vulnerable as a teenager, but there he was, almost crying while feeling his feet frozen and his eye surely red from having threatened to tear.

Revali brought a wing to the blond's chin to make him look at his eyes -You came to my door looking like a perfect hylian prince who has just arrived from a war with those attractive scars and well-trimmed beard- he began to narrate, he drew him back to his chest, using his free wing to encircle his waist.

The rito began to dance before the fourth song, letting the Hylian let himself be carried away -We went to see many fun things in the city near the castle, we had a delicious lemonade, then we helped your people and we had a competition that reminded me of the old days- he whispered letting out a small laugh -We ate in the company of your father and sister, we visited Daruk who supported our relationship- he kept dancing, making them slowly climb the stairs and by the time they reached the flat floor they swirled slowly.

Revali hummed the sweet melody, passing its beak over Link's head, inhaling the soft forest aroma that it emitted, then brought it to his ear -It was the best first date I could have ever had-

Link separated from the rito and began to gesticulate with an exasperated expression: "Don't try to console me, this has not gone at all as planned, this day is special for everyone and I just ... tried to cover more than I could, just like when I lost my eye "

The archer looked stunned at the expression of the hylian who was about to pick up the sheikah slate to leave, but before he did, he firmly took his hand with care not to hurt him -In this point of our lives, do you think I would do something so low as to lie about how I feel?- he asked as if he was deeply offended -Zelda, Mipha or even Urbosa could lie about how they feel when they are in situations that they do not like but I ...- he brought his forehead to the blond's in form of intimidation or it seemed in that way -I don't ...-

They were silent and exchanged glances, Revali released him gently, his expression softened -It has been a great day, this reminded me of so many old times, my head has not stopped saying "Goddesses! I have not had so much fun in years". Do you think I care if you have your two eyes or not? If you care then, erh, I don't know, let's go tomorrow with Robbie and Purah to see what we can do, we will find a solution, Do you want a more romantic date? I prefer a thousand times what we live today than being on a perfect itinerary where I can only see the stoic gentleman of so many years ago-

He brought his wings to the hylian's cheeks but before touching him he stopped as if asking permission to even be close, Link took them to finish bringing them closer to his face.

-I have read your letter, and my answer is: yes ... I have repeated that kiss over and over again, then that kiss in this morning drove me crazy- he sighed, reaching his limit -I want to wake up every day I can by your side and the spend nights embracing you with my wings ...- Revali's heart was pounding, threatening to leave his body or create a thunderous sound against the metal of his chest plate -I want you to live with me- he finally said.

The zora music deadened the silence that created that sudden proposal, Link opened his eye in surprise while Revali swallowed hard: "There is still time to retract, no, hell, you already said it, it's now or never, it's what you feel for him "debated in his head.

Link was barefoot, cold, shivering, listening to beautiful music and a proposal that had been given him the best gift in the world.

He nodded slowly, the rito reacted immediately -W-Wait, I-Is that a yes? D-don't you want me to live with you? I could arrange with Nill for- Link literally closed the archer's beak with his hand -I said ... yes-

Then he released him, hugged him tightly, wrapping his arms around the slim waist of the feathered warrior, closing his eye with a smile that went from ear to ear -Oh goddesses ... I will make my house a home, I will go where you go- Revali let out a sigh of relief, in love, ecstatic- I thank the universe so much for having met you, my sweet and beautiful little knight- he said lost in the emotion of the moment.

Link instead started to laugh a little -W-What's so funny? - Asked the archer, the knight looked into his eyes while raising an eyebrow -Are you really ... Revali? -

The feathers on the rito's face began to ruffle again and then he smiled mischievously -Of course I am! Unless you want to keep an eye on me just to be sure- he said mockingly.

The joke and his conceited tone were so bad that Link laughed a little more -That was ... horrible!- He said.

They began to laugh louder, feeling ridiculous, stupid but quite happy, Link now approached the rito's chest, leaning his head on the chest now, guiding the steps of the music that was playing in the distance, it was better than being in the waltz's room where the music came out, that empty place in the domain was the only stage they needed.

-Do you want to go dancing? Go to Tabantha? Your wishes are orders- the rito whispered to which the Hylian shook his head -Whatever happens... happens- he replied in a low voice.

Daruk was right, they would celebrate the rest of that day as they wanted, after saying yes to that proposal he felt that he had a whole life ahead of him.

Soon they decided to go greet the princesses at the ballroom where the Zora honored the engagement between their Princess Mipha and Princess Zelda, but they did not stay, they decided to spend the rest of that beautiful day with a new custom of their own.

After saying goodbye to the champions and sovereigns of Hyrule, Link took out the Sheikah slate to reappear on Vah Medoh, the air lashed vehemently at the young Hylian's face, but the rito champion as well as the divine beast gave him the warmth he needed to cope the cold.

-They say that the sun rises first through Akkala in the east- Revali began to say extending his wing towards that direction -I would like ... to follow the direction ... of the sun ...- replied the blonde -We could fly slowly through of the kingdom following the course of the moon, and then follow the sun's at dawn- proposed the rito holding his beloved by the shoulders who only nodded attracted by the idea

Vah Medoh roared before starting his march positioning himself, beginning a slow and constant flight where his pilot spoke with the champion of the sword about nothing but everything at the same time.

Author's notes:

(First of all, Thank you very much, we have reached more than 13k readings, more than 300 votes, many comments, many messages of support. When I wrote "Purpose" I planned to save it for myself as a kind of relief for this ship, nothing else was planned. Many things have happened this year but I am very happy to have published this story that, although it is not perfect, has helped me to give me an idea of ​​the writing style that I want to carry.

This was going to be a Christmas special but as in life many things happen, because life passed and I was in a writer's block from which I could not get out until now, again I appreciate the love that you have given to this fanfic, your support, your Love, I hope you had a great Christmas and I hope you to have a great New Year.

Dear readers, thank you for everything. I am polishing "Ocean" to be as good as "Purpose" and "Reunion" will soon have a new chapter. I promise that it will be a worthy sequel to this beautiful story that you have decided to have in your hearts.

Thank you for everything, really, Thank you, thank you, thank you)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

538 24 12
"Under the oath of the goddess Hylia, you shall protect the prince. Blessings on you, and the other champions." Link, the prince of Hyrule, has an an...
29.8K 622 33
When you were but a young child, you traveled to Rito Village with your mother and while you were there for a small break, you meet a small, dark (na...
6.2K 287 45
Written in Blood . {After OoT/MM fic} Hyrule is on the brink of another bloody war when he returns, the hero that had slipped away to be forgotten by...
3K 77 62
This is basically a beta of my newest work, the Saviors of Hyrule, so you can read that on my Ao3 if you want better quality, storytelling, and less...