The Chosen One

By DV_tweetsie

This is a complete fictional story that happens in the alternate timeline and universe having no resemblance... More

Prologue
Chapter-1 Their first meet
Chapter 2 - Kulu kulu venpani pola
Chapter 3 - Thread of magic
Chapter 4 - Sivaangi ma
Chapter 5 - Inimel Dhaan
Chapter 6 - Will you?
Chapter 7 - And the game begins
Chapter 8 - Past and Present
Chapter 9 -Beach, beach, beach
Chapter 10 - The colors of Magic
Chapter 11: Ashwineyy, the Cooker
Chapter 12 - Tough love
Chapter 13 - Gift from the universe
Chapter 14 - The puzzle pieces
Chapter 15 - It's broken
Chapter 16 - All ties cut
Chapter 17 - Consent
Chapter 18 - Like parents, like daughters
Chapter 19 - It's a promise
Chapter 20 - One Father to another
Chapter 21 - Another Mother
Chapter 22-Time to heal
Chapter 23 - The challenge
Chapter 24 Wolf in sheep clothes
Chapter 25 - Romance is in the air
Chapter 26 - it's time for truth.
Chapter 27 - Heart to heart
Author's note
Chapter 28 - The word
Chapter 29 - Queen to the rescue
Chapter 30 - The Decision
Chapter 31 - Family is everything
Chapter 32 - The final knot
Chapter 33 - Trust is must
Chapter 34 - Fate's game play
Chapter 35 - Time for some reconciliation
Chapter 36 - Time for family
Chapter 37 - #Ashaangi
Chapter 39 - The D-day
Chapter 40 - Surprise Surprise.
Chapter 41 - The beginning
Chapter 42 - His Sun, Her Ocean
New Story Alert!!!!
Chapter 43 - His heart hers alone
Chapter: 44 - The Good in everyone
Feedback time
Chapter 45 - His achievement, their achievement
Chapter 46- Superheroes
Chapter 47 - Her concerns, his priority
Chapter 48 - Engagement
Epilogue

Chapter 38 - A day before the big day

2.7K 379 75
By DV_tweetsie

"Mine is more beautiful and bigger than yours" Mithra whined looking at the mehendi clad hands of her twin sister.

"No, see I have two hearts and five flowers, mine is more beautiful" Nethra argued looking at her hands.

"Amma, Amma, Maaa... " both of them shouted and shook Sivaangi who was sitting along with them physically but mentally some where else, while the Mehendi artist was busy showing all her talents on her tiny palms

"Mmm.. sollu ma" Sivaangi asked looking at her kids.

"Whose hands are more beautiful? " Mithra asked with a cute pout on her face.

"Whoa!!! look at that" Nethra exclaimed nudging her twin sister to look at her mother' s hands, which made Sivaangi too to concentrate on her hands.

Sivaangi never had any inclination towards Mehendi ever in her life, the mere thought of sitting in one place for one hour minimum without moving while putting the Mehendi and following few hours of not able to use her hands at all never sounded glamorous to her and to top it  off, she always had this complex how Mehendi might look in her kutty hands, but looking at her hands now, she herself was amazed by the talent of the artist.

"No wonder Mika praised about you so much, you indeed have magic in your hands, this is so beautiful" Sivaangi exclaimed looking at the artist.

The artist gave back a friendly, warm smile while her hands continued to draw like an artist.

"Ma'am, his name?  "  the artist asked.

"hmm.. what? " Sivaangi asked confused.

"I want to know his name, so that I can hide it between the designs, its a tradition, the darker the mehendhi gets the more you love him, the faster he finds his name in your hand, the more he loves you" the artist said with a shy smile.

"Ashwin, but you can just write AK, if writing Ashwin completely is difficult in my kutty hand" Sivaangi replied.

"You are marrying Ashwin anna?  " the artist exclaimed in shock

Sivaangi replied back with a pleasant smile.

"Wow! this is so good, when we saw the picture the other day in Anna's instagram post, we did not want to read too much into it, we just assumed that it was for a project together, even though we really wanted to think otherwise" the artist exclaimed while continuing her work.

"So what do you think  now? "Sivaangi asked curiously

"Nothing to think, I am just happy and content, knowing that destiny and fate cannot be altered even if the respective person involved want to change it, if it has to happen, it will happen, the path taken to reach there might be different and difficult but in the end the destination will be beautiful and perfect" she replied her eyes and face clearly echoing the emotion behind the words while her hands skillfully wrote 'Ashwin' in a beautiful calligraphic way, blending the words amidst the curves of the design, perfectly camouflaging it. 

Both Nethra and Mithra looked at both the women confused trying hard to follow their conversation but unable to comprehend even one single word.

"Akka, why have you not put such big design in my hands? for amma alone you have put until here?  "Nethra asked pulling the mehendi artists' sleeve trying to get her attention and stretching her hands until elbow showing how long her mother's mehendi was.

"Because it is your mother's wedding tomorrow, not yours "  the artist replied mildly pinching her nose.

"No, we are also getting married tomorrow, Appa said, so write appa's name in our hands also " Mithra argued with a cute pout.

"Yes, we also want to know how much Appa loves us, write his name and we will ask him to find it " Nethra too argued getting an astonished smile from the artist.

"Romba romba cute and chirpy neenga rendu perum theriyuma? the perfect mixture of your parents " she replied pulling their hands and wrote Ashwin's name in their hands as best as she could without spoiling the existing design.

"Thank you Akka, I am going to go and show this paati, byeeeee " they shouted and sprinted out of the place in a jiffy.

"Paah!! pada pada padannu, kutty pattas dhaan rendu perum, pure stress busters they are, even one child like this in every home is enough to cure all stress related problems" the artist exclaimed looking at Sivaangi.

"Ha Ha! everytime  some says this, all I want to say is kootitu poi oru 2 hours vetchukonga, neengale ten minutes la vandhu vittutu poiduveenga" Sivaangi retorted creating a jingle of giggle there.

"Oh my god, Oh my god, he is here, he is here" the artist exclaimed in panic.

"Who is here? " Sivaangi turned and looked at him walking towards her in a navy blue sherwani, followed by a bunch of people.

They all looked at Sivaangi and waved a big 'Hi' while her eyes grew big in shock and surprise.

Sivaangi was sitting near the pool on the sun deck chair, from there she could see them waving at her happily from behind the glass doors.

"Hey inga enna panreenga? " Sivaangi asked getting up looking at all her long lost friends.

"Inga enna panroma? nalla kelvi di.. one of our favorite person is getting married, naanga illama eppadi? needhaan marandhutta engala" said Nisha, her co contestant from the star singer days and currently a happening play back singer.

Sivaangi looked at all the bright faces surrounding her, looking genuinely happy for her.

She came forward and opened her arms asking Nisha to hug her as her hands were Mehendi clad, she thenturned side ways and looked at all her friends and extended her hands calling them all for a group hug.

"Paathu paathu mehendi bathram"  the artist exclaimed while seeing the emotional reunion with love.

Within few minutes, few more chairs were added and drinks started getting served for them.

"Semma azhaga irukka de" Nisha said removing evil eyes for Sivaangi with her hands.

"Maapla sir, inga vandhu sight adinga, naalikku she is going to be your wife innum secret admirer aave irundha eppadi" one of the guys shouted at Ashwin who was walking here and there in the pretext of doing something, but his eyes totally onto her.

Ashwin came there with a sincere face, as if he did not understand the context in which he was called,

"All ok dhaane, anything else you want? " he asked looking at them.

"Paah! ennama nadikaraaru paaren, yabbah saami!! " exclaimed one of her friend getting a blushy smile from Ashwin as a reply.

"Thank you Ashwineyy" Sivaangi said with happiness filled eyes.

"Enakku edhukku thanks ma? " Ashwin replied casually sitting close to her on the same sundeck chair.

"Ivangala ellam invite panninadhukku dhaan" she replied casually moving closer to him, filling the few inches gap between them.

"Oh, naan verum driver duty mattum dhaan, picked them from airport, invite panninadhu, avanga inga vara arrange panninadhu ellam Mika dhaan" Ashwin replied genuinely, picking her mehendi clad hand and admiring it.

"Hello Anna, naalikku dhaan neenga mehendi paakanum,  ippo paaka koodadhu" the artist who was silently enjoying all these conversation interfered when it looked like her work might get spoiled.

"Mmmkum, naanga ellarum kooda innum inga dhaan irukkom" Sivaangi's friends too mocked.

"Adhaane, en ellarum inga irukeenga innum? " Ashwin asked with a teasing smirk, shoulder hugging Sivaangi and pulling her closer to him.

"Engalukku third wheeling onnum pudhusu illaye, show season full ah idha dhaane pannittu irundhom, ippo continue panrom, actually feeling beautifully nostalgic. " Nisha said with a loving smile.

"Okay, you guys have fun, I have some work, ungala naalikku meet panren" he said looking at her friends

He moved closer to Sivaangi and whispered in her ears, "Night oru one hour thaniya free panniko" making her blush

"Mmkum, still here..." mocked Nisha

"Saabah, kilambitten, kilambitten" Ashwin retorted and got up.

Sivaangi laughed her heart out after so many years spending time with her friends, all her inhibitions and doubts about getting judged by her own close circle flew away the second they started treating her the same way as before giving her the confidence that she lacked all these days.

"Romba romba thanks neenga ellarum vandhadhukku, and romba romba sorry for keeping you away for all these years. Love you all so much" Sivaangi said with grateful eyes.

"Paah, sorry, thanks ellaam solra alavukku periya manushi aagittiya? we will always be there with you, friendship, love ellaam is formed for the character of the person not for the way they act in any given situation, we were not in your position, so we have no rights to judge you, our love is beyond that" one of the boys said tapping her on her head lovingly.

"All ok va? mudincha? dinner saapda vaanga, neeyum saaptutu poma" Ashwin said looking at Sivaangi's friends and the make up artist.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks Mika for bringing my friends here, enakku romba hesitation ah irundhuchu, adhaan naan invite pannala, but glad that you did" said Sivaangi looking at her sister who was lying next to her.

"Enakku theriyum how much you will like to have them, and I also know their character too, I am still in the industry and have been following them, so adhaan dheriyama call panninen, glad that you are happy"  Mika replied with a smile and turned her concentration towards the saree she was going to wear the next day.

"Mika.. " Sivaangi called little hesitantly

"Mmm sollu Sivu" Mika replied without lifting her head, trying to iron the fleets so that it is easier to wear the next day,'

"Mika.. inga enna paaru" Sivaangi whined.

"Sollu enna" Mika asked lifting her head.

"Nee nejamaave happy ah? no residual feelings? " Sivaangi asked.

"Ennadi blabber panra? enna residual feelings?" Mika asked genuinely confused.

"Illa, Ashwin ennoda marriage, unakku fully happy ah? have you completely moved on from him? " Sivaangi asked little hesitantly.

"Unna... payithiyama nee? enna kelvi de idhu? illa move on pannala, enna pannuva? vittu kuduthiriya? " Mika asked irritated.

"Illade, I know how difficult it is to move on from him, I have also been there, it is nearly impossible, adhaan.." Sivaangi dragged.

"I will give the answer for this tomorrow" Mika replied with a smirk-y smile.

"Hey, enna panna pora? " Sivaangi asked confused.

"Adhaan naalikku paapennu solliten la, wait till tomorrow" Mika replied proudly.

Sivaangi wanted to ask more, but her mobile blinked.

"Okay bye, one hour dhaan, I will be back, I need my beauty sleep, adhukulla, pesuveengalo, illa vera edhunaalum, get it done" Mika said while moving towards the door.

She opened the door to look at Ashwin who was silently walking towards their room.

"Naalikku kalyanam vetchukittu, adutha room la rendu kozhandhaingala vetchutu, sevuru yeri gudhikara teenage payyan maari vara Ashwin nee" Mika teased looking at him.

"Hey shh.. medhuva pesu, amma naalikku varikum meet panna koodadhu sonnanga, adhaan.. " Ashwin dragged while pushing her inside the room and following her.

"Seri adhukku edhukku enna push panra? yerkanave un future wifekku un mela enakku innum feelings irukkanu doubt ah irukku" Mika said teasingly looking at Sivaangi.

Ashwin looked at Sivaangi shocked.

"Ayo doubt ellaam illa, chumma oru general knowledgekku ketten, yeruma maade pottu kudukiriya, thirumbi indha room kku dhaane varuva, night thoongarcha pillow vetchu unna close panren" Sivaangi shouted putting her tongue out.

Mika too mimicked her tongue out action and left them both alone.

Ashwin closed the door behind her, went and sat next to her on the bed

"Kovama Ashwineyy, naan summa dhaan ketten" Sivaangi whined locking his biceps with her hands and leaning on his shoulder.

"Unakku enikkavadhu indha doubt poguma Kannama? Will you ever be able to trust us completely? " Ashwin asked really hurt.

"Ayyo Ashwineyy,  I trust both of you completely, the question was not about trust, it was about concern for Mika, it is a twin thing, right this second, I am the most happiest woman in the world, and I want Mika to have everything I am having now, I don't want her to loom over any unattainable feelings and waste her life." Sivaangi said.

"I know you love me so much, but naan onnum avalo periya geththu ellaam illa for Mika to waste her life over me, she is way matured to do that and she has her own ideology behind happiness. So indha chinna moolaikulla ivalo periya vishayam ellaam pottu yosikaadha ma" he said with a smile, leaning against the bed frame and pulling her on top of him.

"Seri appo vera edha paththi yosikatum? " Sivaangi asked comfortably lying on top him, her hands ruffling his thick lustrous hair.

"Hmm... naalikku indha time enna pannalaamnu yosikalaam, illa ippo indha one hour waste pannaama enna panradhunu yosikalaam" he replied rubbing her lips with his thumb.

"cha aama la, enna panalaam? "  she asked, moving closer to his face and replaced his thumb with his lips.

"Yeah, ippadi useful ah yosicha enakkum useful ah irukum" he said with a smile against her lips converting the slight grazing into a full fledged kiss.

After few seconds, their brain screamed for oxygen forcefully pushing them apart. She moved closer to his ears and whispered.

"I love you so so so much Ashwineyy, can't wait to become your wife tomorrow" 

"Same here Kannama, patta ella kashtamum I feel is worth it, now that all my dreams are shaping into a reality, nalla career, getting my soul mate as my wife, thanga vigraham maari rendu kozhandhainga, what else a man can ask for. Thank you so much for giving me all this. Love you too a lot" he replied kissing her on her fore head.

Author's note:

Hello hello, how are you all? 

New chapter is here, a day before the actual D day, just a breezy light one. In fact all the remaining few chapters will be breezy ones as we have already had many emotional coasters.

Hope you all like it, or not? what ever it may be let me know.

And let us all wait for Mika's surprise on the wedding, trust me, it will be good! or so I think, lets see.

As always let me know your thought and opinions in the comment section and as always shower your love via votes.

Love,

DV

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 2K 13
It is a One shot which is now promoted to Short stories. I humbly request to try once. It is about Vihaan, a navy officer and Saakshi, a college com...
119K 8.7K 25
This story follows the lives of Ashwin and Sivaangi, who fall in love when participating in a cooking reality show. But they are confused by their fe...
29.8K 2.1K 66
A coddled little princess of the family A firstborn son, burdened with considerable responsibilities. A rebellious bad-boy prince, ready to wait and...
452K 30.1K 70
This is a fanfiction and truly my imagination. Everything is fair in love and War. when war is for love then everything becomes fair. Sahana a young...