Treat You Better

By Rhodes_the_writer

Warning: Violence, talk and acts of abuse, bullying, etc. Violet's life is perfect, she has good grades, a ha... More

Welcome, Reader!
Chapter One: Sharing Coffee.
Chapter Two: Hale Frances is a Jerk
Chapter Three: Dinner Disaster
Chapter Four: Fate
Chapter Five: The Infamous Michaelangelo.
Chapter Six: The Outfit.
Chapter Seven: The Party.
Chapter Eight: It's Only Starbucks
Chapter Nine: A French Heroine.
Chapter Ten: What if it was Me?
Chapter Eleven: Murder and Some Dinner Too
Chapter Twelve: Sleepover
Chapter Thirteen: Friends Who Always Have Your Back
Chapter Fourteen: Trapped in Red Roses
Chapter Sixteen: Cake
Chapter Seventeen: The Beanbag.
Chapter Eighteen: Into the Den of (Rich) Lions.
Chapter Nineteen: The Cast.
Chapter Twenty: Hotel Lotus
Chapter Twenty-one: How to Kidnap your Primos.
The Song.
Chapter Twenty-two: Wanted: A Python.
Chapter Twenty-three: Sweet Talker.
Chapter Twenty-four: The Drive
Chapter Twenty-five: Awkward Messes
Chapter Twenty-six: The Real Villain.
Chapter Twenty-seven: Solar Eclipse
Chapter Twenty-eight: Shopping Trip.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Crazy by Comparison.
Chapter Thirty: The "Cool" Group.
Chapter Thirty-one: The Only Family Left.
Chapter Thirty-two: Fatherly Love.
Chapter Thirty-three: The Day of the Dead.
Chapter Thirty-four: The Return of the Jerk.
Chapter Thirty-five: Going 360ยฐ.
Chapter Thirty-six: What The...?
Chapter Thirty-seven: Cake in the Closet.
Chapter Thirty-eight: A Breakdown.
Chapter Thirty-nine: A Little Reunion.
Chapter Forty: "It's A Duck".
Chapter Forty-One: Lucky Andromeda.
Chapter Forty Two: The "I Love You" Thing.
Chapter Forty-Three: The Saturday of Your Nightmares.
Chapter Forty-four: Dollhouse.
Chapter Forty-five: The Cat That Got Out The Bag.
Chapter Forty-six: Unpleasant Surprises.
Chapter Forty-seven: Pep Talk.
Chapter Forty-eight: Purple Girl.
Chapter Forty-nine: The Truth and More.
Chapter Fifty: Headfirst Into An Endless Pit.
Chapter Fifty-one: Friendly Friends.
Chapter Fifty-two: Right On The Front Cover.
Chapter Fifty-three: Scary Kid.
Chapter Fifty-four: Boyfriend Duties
Chapter Fifty-Five: A Deathly Allergy To Ugly Shirts.
Chapter Fifty-six: The Turning Point.
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Favorite Things.
Chapter Fifty-eight: Premonition.
Chapter Fifty-nine: Action!
Chapter Sixty: The Final Showdown.
Chapter Sixty-one: The Child and The Brat.
Chapter Sixty-two: Promises.
Chapter Sixty-three: Familiar.
Chapter Sixty-Four: The Plant and The Sun.
Sixty-Five: The Message.
Chapter Sixty-six: "Meese" Isn't The Plural of Muse.
Chapter Sixty-seven: Even More Promises (Finale).
Epilogue: Lazy Day.

Chapter Fifteen: Room 211

210 11 26
By Rhodes_the_writer

Chapter Fifteen: Room 211

"You've been extra quiet lately." Angelo observed aloud but still quietly as we sat at our easels in Art Class. My favorite class of the week, besides Geography.

I was finding it really hard to enjoy it though. I was finding it hard to enjoy anything ever since the morning Dad agreed.

I just constantly felt myself slipping into that numbness waiting for me. Everytime I'd catch myself but I was still getting closer with every day that passed.

I tried to make myself go back to the way I was; happy, delusional, but music was just noise, food tasted bland, sleep was full of fear and I could never seem to reach my Mom.

I missed when I thought I had a perfect life, when I thought Hale was the best thing to ever happen to me, where I thought my mother actually cared about Dad and I, where I thought I'd always be glad to bring my boyfriend a cup of coffee every morning.

If you'd told me a few weeks ago that I'd turn into this weak girl fighting hard for her spot in the light, I'd have given you a hug and told you to get some help.
But now, I was struggling to remember who I was before.

Perhaps I could just let my trip to Paris with Hale seal my fate, I could never get away from him. I was so close to the peaceful numb anyways, it was far better than whatever this was....

"Are you okay?"

My eyes gained focus and I realized I was staring at my empty canvas.

Are you okay?

Three words, softly spoken. A question. Concern.

Fingers trailed along the back of my hand on my lap before curling around my hand in a firm grip.
Electricity zipped through my entire arm and struck me somewhere in the chest.

My eyes widened and I slowly turned to look up at Angelo. He was staring back at me, the space between his brows creased slightly with worry.

His eyes were stormy grey, like it was about to rain. I liked the rain, I liked his eyes and their ever-changing shades, they darted around my face, searching for something, and slowly a long lock of his golden hair fell in place to obstruct his view.

I liked that.
He looked a bit annoyed as he hurriedly brushed it away with his fingers. His hair was like sunlight. Hmm, I could write that down.

Why did it feel like I was seeing him for the first time?

He moved his grip a little, absently stroking the ring on my thumb with his own thumb. I doubted he knew he was doing it and that alone made me swoon.

"Answer me," he demanded, quietly.

He asked if I was okay and he wanted a reply. That's new.

"I'm..." I whispered, and shook my head. I was what, exactly? "I just... I don't know..."

"Someone asked me that once" He whispered with a shrug and took his hand away from mine while I tried not to show my disappointment. "You'd think it would be easy to answer. I replied the way you just did."

That was kind of hard to believe. The smooth, controlled, silently-brooding Angelo once an anxious, stammering, nail biter. "Really?"

"Yeah, I wasn't just not okay, I was a lot of things I couldn't think to say. I got confused."

I couldn't help but stare, he was making so much sense right now. "Exactly" I said. "Did you make sense of how you felt later?"

"Of course," He glanced at me before going on with his painting. "I'd tell you but we're in class."

"You could tell me at my place!" I whispered, "my friends are coming over and they're staying the night. You could tell me then and we could..."

"Bake that cake you promised?" He interrupted, giving me a side look and I grinned.

"Yeah, we can do that. Hope the Mayor won't mind you staying elsewhere for the night" I tried to joke. It was a terrible attempt, why did I say that and think it would count as something funny?

"I don't live with the Mayor anymore" He murmured, dipping his paintbrush into some paint as he stared at the canvas with lazer focus.

Then there was me, still figuring out how to start.
"What? Why, what happened?"

"Franca Frances happened. Long story."

I immediately let out a very elaborate curse and Angelo turned to look at me with raised eyebrows.
"Nice one" he nodded. "Never heard that before."

I blushed, "That's not the point, where do you stay now?"

"Miss Adams and the New kid- um- Angelo!" Ms. Murphy called. "Yes, I know your name now, son. Both of you are going to be the first to present your works today."

"I haven't done anything!" I squeaked and just decided to draw a new version of Moo the "cat-cow" but her knocking my vase to the ground this time.

(╭☞́⍛̀)╭☞

Angelo's POV
(From the day before.)

"Mister Angelo um, I mean, Sullivan, sir are you in here?" The lady with the soft voice called from outside the bedroom door.

Why do we have to be bothered? My subconscious asked while I just sighed. I was perfectly fine just reminiscing over events of the past few days, food, and Violet... and the memory of her in my arms that had taken a front row seat in my brain.

I stepped out of the hot tub, steam rising off my body, and I took a black robe off a hanger, not in the mood to hurry. The television was showing some dumb video about craft.

She knocked again, a quiet, timid noise that reminded me of someone.
"Mister Sullivan?"

You'd think a guy could find peace after a long day of classes. With a sigh, I opened the door and leaned on the frame.
"How may I help you?" I asked, pushing back wet hair from my face. My rings were in the drawer.

Wow, she's pretty. My subconscious observed and I had to agree. The maid was a slender brunette who apparently blushed easily.

"Oh, hello s-sir, the Mayor..."

"'Sir'? I think you mean Angelo."

"Angelo," the girl breathed with a loopy smile that she cleared away with a cough and a small shake of her head. "The Mayor and her consort need you downstairs in the lounge right away, Angelo."

Well, I wonder what the emergency is, wink, wink. My subconscious chuckled.

"Am I allowed to get dressed first?" I asked dryly.

The maid glanced down at my chest for a second before her face turned red for the hundredth time. "If you must," she giggled bashfully before realizing what she said "oh..."

"Hmm." I said and stepped back into the room to close the door.

Just as I expected, Franca, Hans and their spoiled son, Hale were waiting with the Mayoress and her husband Geoffrey.

Guess our time here is up. My subconscious said, packing mental bags.

"Angelo, I had no idea you had turned to this," Mayor Madison said, arms akimbo. "Your aunt told me that you threatened to vandalize her home and rob them of their properties!"

"He nearly did it even, thank God we stopped him, then he ran away!" Franca Frances sniffed, her crocodile tears spilling onto her expensive handkerchief.

"That is terrible, I thought you were a good child!" Geoffrey folded his arms. I never liked him anyways.

"You don't have proof, you know" I pointed out.
And you cannot use the word 'child' on us! My subconscious grumbled.

"Proof or no, this isn't the kind of rumor you want surrounding you." Franca said, standing gracefully to her feet. "I mean, what would the people think?"

The Mayoress looked at me and then Franca, "But he's your nephew. Where would he...?"

"You have enough dirt against you to throw you off your seat, Maddie." Franca said, the fake tears drying instantly. "If you want to add some more, be my guest."

The Mayor looked at her husband who nodded firmly before they both looked at me.

I shrugged at her. "I understand."

The Mayoress sighed and came to hug me.
"I'm glad you do, because my hands are tied." she whispered quickly.

The maid brought my one suitcase which I didn't even fully unpack, and she looked really disappointed. I won't have done anything with her, I already had my eye on someone.

I took my phone out, exchanging a quick message with Hunter McNamara as I passed by Hale, pulling my suitcase along.

He straightened his shoulders and sneered "I told you you'll..."

"Shut up" I interrupted.

Once I was outside, Franca came to join me at the sidewalk.

"Perhaps you'll return to New York now that you realize. There is nothing here for you." She growled, her icy blue eyes trying to bore through me.

"There's something you keep forgetting Franca" I said and glanced down at my phone as I just got credited with an interestingly large sum of money. "You have nothing against me. I'm free from you unlike everyone else in this town."

She knew it was true and that made her clench her fists in anger.

"I'm not going to New York, I still have quite a lot of stuff to do here, friends to make, a girl's heart to win," Empires to take over, "Other things. So don't bother me and I won't bother you"

"I never want to see your face around here again" Franca said, she was seething so much it was a wonder her hair didn't catch fire.

"We don't always get that we want." I replied, already bored of this conversation.
Beefburgers and fries for dinner! My subconscious cheered. He was always thinking of food.

My ride arrived and I drove away from the Mayor's Mansion, heading straight for my final destination for now:

Hotel Lotus.

If I were sane, I'd have come here straight away.

"I need the key to room 211 please," I said quietly to the receptionist who was oddly comfortable with two axes hanging in an 'X' on the wall over his head.

He took one look at me and our bored expressions matched.
"There's nothing like a room 211."

I raised my left hand and showed him my rings with symbols etched in the silver.

His eyes widened. "Right away, um...sir, I think I'll call Mr. Damien."

"Not Sir; Angelo" I corrected. "And sure, call Tio Damien."

~UwU~

Whooo, is there excitement in the air or is it just me?

Just me? Okay cool.
Well what do you think, my dear reader?
Tell me in the comments!

Rhodes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 8.1K 35
"You're trying, you really are but what I have done to you has broke you in ways not even God can describe." SEQUEL TO THANK YOU MR BULLY! Best: Shor...
128K 3.1K 52
Iris Harper is an 18-year-old girl who gives her life away to everything around her. She has always been known as the angel in school. But the devil...
194K 7.5K 80
It's not about the cards you've been dealt. It's about how you play the hand. Taylorina Ashton has a unique family. Most kids grow up learning how t...
40.7K 3K 41
โ I'm scared, scared I'll go back to being broken now that he isn't here to fix me anymoreโž Before, Florence Clarke was hospitalised for having anore...