Floral

By harryskiwi01

Fashion has always been important to Flo- creativity has always been her escape, her sketches motivation. A c... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
update.
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
update
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
update
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SEVEN

SIXTY SIX

1.3K 28 3
By harryskiwi01

HARRY POV:

Party planning is in full swing! 

It's been a few days since I met with Gemma and after having dinner with her last night we have a clear plan and a hefty to do list moving forward.

Although I don't particularly like Flo working so much and so late it's been quite beneficial, being able to make phone calls without worrying she'll hear me. This morning I've spoken with our old band members Josh and Sandy who are on board, I've been able to run the plan by Mum and Robin, and invite James who thinks he'll be able to make it over. 

"Hello?" I say answering my phone. 

"Harry? It's Ben, I've only just had a chance to listen to the message you left."

Ben Winston has been a friend of mine for many years and worked with us on tons of projects. "It's great to hear from you man! How are you?" 

"You too, I'm good just adjusting to life as a new dad. Thanks so much for your lovely gift."

I can't remember exactly what I got delivered to Ben and his wife Meredith, but it was a bunch of stuff for the baby as well as the two of them. "No need to thank me, congratulations again!" 

"Ah thanks I can't wait for you to meet her! Anyway, I haven't got a lot of time so what's this you'd like my help with."

"Well, I'm not sure whether you've heard about..."

"The fact you've met the love of your life? James filled me in but go on."

Knowing he's probably not got too much time, I explain my crazy plan to Ben as best I can and how I'd really appreciate if he could help me out after seeing what he was able to do for the band. "James is coming, the boys are on board, and it's going ahead it'd just be extra special if you were involved. Flo was a true One Direction super fan so she'd be over the moon to meet you and your family too." 

On the other end of the line Ben's silent for a minute or so, I know it's a lot to ask especially with a new born. "Count me in! We're going to make this epic Harry, I can't wait to see you boys perform again and I definitely want to be a part of it."

"For real?"

"For real! It wasn't just you four that had the time of your life." 

I shake my head in disbelief. "Thank you! You don't know how much I appreciate you doing this and I just can't wait to see you." 

"Me too, it's been a while."

I think back to the last time I saw him, we sat outside one of our favourite restaurants in Los Angeles having lunch. A few weeks later I was on a plane back to London, not yet realising how much my life would change. "Listen, I'm sorry I left quite suddenly but it was the best thing I could've done." 

"Don't apologise Harry," Ben says sympathetically. "Honestly, Meredith and I were worried about you the last time we saw you, it was obvious you needed a change. Although, we never expected you to move a girl into your house and settle down."

He laughs and so do I because I never expected it either. "Believe me, neither did I!" 

"We're happy for you, very happy." I know he means it, I can hear it in his voice. "Listen, I'm going to have to go, we've got the team meeting for Late Late. It was lovely speaking to you and I'll make sure to speak to my contact for the theatre today." 

"Alright, I won't keep you any longer! Thanks again, let me know if the theatre can be done and I'll start making calls on my end." 

After ending the phone call with Ben I already feel better about the party and pretty confident that it's all going to go well. Other than running to the studio this afternoon I haven't got many plans today, so I decide to sit down and make a list of things I need to do over the next few weeks to make sure the party is perfect. 

Next week I've made sure to free a day in my diary to go and buy Flo's birthday presents. I know it's probably unnecessary with taking her to Edinburgh and organising this concert party hybrid, but it's my money and I want to spoil my her because she deserves it.  

Flo POV:

Lou has come to visit me in the office today, whilst Lux is in school and Harry's spending his lunch with Antonio. I don't mind working by myself, but it's always nice to have some company and a second opinion on my designs. 

"How many have you sketched since I was last here?" Lou's flicking through my folder of designs that have been decided on and will be made for the tour. 

"I couldn't even tell you, all I do know is that my hand is in agony every time I leave the office." 

"Are these just for the tour or will any be used for the Dunkirk press appearances?"

I worried that if I tried to design custom looks for the Dunkirk press tour they either wouldn't be ready in time or to my standards. Instead I've decided to use a few Calvin Klein looks for the press tour and design two or three pairs of embroidered silk trousers.

I shake my head, "I'm only using custom designs for tour or special appearances  for the album." 

Lou closes the folder and slides it back towards me. "They're gorgeous, I love all of them!" 

"Thank you," I reply. "I do doubt myself sometimes, so it's good to hear your thoughts."

"So..." 

"So?"

"Have you any idea what Harry's going to do for your birthday?" 

I've been thinking a lot about my birthday recently, as it draws closer I find myself taking time to reflect on the last year and how my life has changed. "No, I know we're going to Edinburgh which I'm looking forward to."

Lou laughs, "I know you know that Harry won't stop there. You're turning twenty one aren't you?"

"That's what worries me," I sigh. "I'd be more than happy with going to Edinburgh and spending some one on one time together without any talk of work, coming home and having a meal with family and friends." 

"You don't want any presents?" 

"No he does and is doing enough for me, more than enough in fact." 

"How do you mean?"

"What hasn't he done for me? Over the last few months he's given me everything I could ever want and I couldn't be more grateful for that." 

Lou pushes her chair back and walks behind me, hugging me from behind. "Well, I understand that but I want you to know that you deserve the world and more!" 

I smile putting my hand on her arm and hugging her back. "Thank you, I love you."

"Love you too. Right, I better go and collect my baba." 

I check my watch and see that it's not even two o'clock. "Don't you think you're a little early?"

"Early finish today, I'm taking her to the doctors."

"Is she okay?" 

Lou sees my concern and nods. "Absolutely fine I hope! There's another one of those viruses going around her class, so I want to get her checked out just in case."

"Another one?" 

"Don't get me started Flo," Lou says sounding frustrated. "Anyway better run, see you soon!"

"Let me know how she gets on!" 

:

On Friday evening I finish work around five and head home. It's an early finish for me, but I've put in a lot of overtime recently and definitely feel it. Harry and I are alone this weekend, we should've had Lux but unfortunately she ended up catching the virus from one of her classmates. 

When I get home I find Harry in the kitchen cooking dinner, I watch him for a while swaying to music in the background as he swaps between chopping vegetables and stirring whatever is cooking on the hob. 

"Enjoying yourself?" 

After hearing my voice he immediately turns to face me with a smile. "I didn't hear you come in."

"I know, I love watching you. Can I come in for a cuddle?" He nods, I walk over and put my arms around his neck. 

"I've missed you," Harry rubs his nose softly against mine.

"Well, you've got me all to yourself this weekend." 

He sighs, "I'm looking forward to it, I just wish she wasn't so unwell." 

I put my hand to his cheek, "I know what you mean. Thankfully, it's only minor and she will be fine by Monday." 

"Why don't you have a shower and change out of those clothes, then how about we choose a film and eat on the couch?" 

"That sounds divine," I lean in and kiss him something I've been thinking about all day. Working so much overtime it has felt like we've hardly seen each other except for in the evenings, I can't wait to be with him this weekend. 

After showering and changing into my pyjamas I resist the urge to go into my office and do a quick half hour of work before dinner, it's a habit I'd definitely like to break. Instead, I head downstairs and into the living room to set up the television, light some candles, and turn on the fire. I do love it in here because it's just super cosy.

As Harry plates up our dinner I make sure to fill our glasses and take any cutlery through to the living room. When I meet him back in the kitchen he asks if I've had a chance to check my personal email to which I reply that I did and I saw what the architect for the new house had sent over. 

"Did you look through it?" I shake my head, I didn't have too much time, I can see how delighted Harry is. "When I looked over the plans, I couldn't help wandering how it's going to turn out."

"How do you mean?" I take a sip of my wine.

"Well, how certain aspects may change as it's being built and what we'll do with the interior of course. Then I couldn't help thinking about when we eventually move in being close to family, maybe even thinking about starting our own."

I take a considerably larger sip of wine, "let's build it first."

Whenever we discuss plans for the new house Harry can't help mentioning us settling down and having a family. I want all of that and more, but it's so far ahead. 

"Don't forget to put the date in your calendar," Harry says oblivious to my slight anxiety.

"What date?" I ask before realising. "Right, the meeting with the architect." 

The email was sent to the both of us to confirm a time and place to finalise the plans, with a draft of them attached. Around a month ago Harry and I sat down to discuss what we'd want in terms of space, size, and layout before sending that over so our team of architects could work on a concept. 

"I know you're busy with work at the moment love, but please don't forget."

I tilt my head with a guilty smile, I've not been very reliable over the last few weeks. "I won't I promise."

Instead of watching anything over dinner, we talk properly for what feels like the first time in weeks. Harry tells me he's finalised everything for our trip up to Scotland, before celebrating my birthday we'll be filming the music video, I try to persuade him to at least tell me the name of the single but his lips are sealed. Eventually, the topic of conversation navigates back to the new house and our ideas for the interior design. As we've spoken more about our ideas, we've discovered that our style has completely changed and grown since living together.

"Do you know what I mean?" Harry asks after telling me he's tired of the colour scheme throughout the house.

I nod, it never would've been something I'd choose but it's always made me feel comfortable and relaxed. "Yes, but equally I don't think there's anything wrong with our house."

"The layout and location still work, but I'm bored of the style. I'd like it to be brighter with wooden floors and some more colour."

"Have you been looking at my Pinterest? I'm drawn to warm wooden floors, vintage rugs, slightly rustic but modern. A cosy and contemporary cottage you could say."

Harry's eyes light up as I describe the aesthetic. "That's exactly what I want in the new house-"

"What we want in the new house," I smirk.

"That's what I meant, but I think we should renovate this house too."

"I don't know whether that's a good idea, is it really necessary?" I say apprehensively. "We're spending a lot of money on the new build and all the furnishings."

"We are investing a large amount in the new house, but that's our forever home! Hear me out, we're not selling this house are we?"

It's a rhetorical question, but I answer anyway. "No, I imagine we'd need to go between the two."

"Exactly so we continue investing our money here too, make it more to our taste."

I can see where he's coming from, I still have my reservations and think we should wait a while. "Let's wait a few months at least." 

:

Later on I'm reading in bed when Harry appears in the doorway. "Are you not coming to bed?" 

"Actually, I came to ask whether you're ready to go?"

I look at him feeling confused. "Have I missed something?"

"Come on, I've organised a surprise for you! You don't need to change, we won't be seeing anyone." 

I'm very sceptical, but I can see that he's excited so agree, throwing on a hoodie and following him down to the car. 

Outside it's dark except for the warm flicker of streetlights with the rain drizzling London looks like something out of a movie. There are people in the street, each of them wrapped up because of the chill in the air. The car radio plays in the background accompanied by the hum of the heating system, I feel relaxed and a little sleepy.

"Where are we going?" I don't receive a reply from Harry. He drives for a short while, turning down a couple of streets, until eventually parking on a quiet street.

Harry turns to me with a mischievous smile on his face, "I think it's about time you hear the album."

Now I understand why he's so animated, a rush of anticipation runs through me. "Seriously?"

"Seriously," Harry softly places his hand on my upper thigh. "I wanted to bring you to the studio for the experience, to make it fun and I suppose a little more special."

We walk inside hand in hand, I've never been in a recording studio before so naturally I'm intrigued. Inside it looks just as I'd imagine, I notice that there are pictures of recording artists on the wall and some vinyl's which looks cool and quite vintage. Harry pulls me softly into a studio on the left with a few brown leather couches and even a mini fridge! 

I watch Harry as he moves between the Mac on the desk and his own MacBook, setting everything up. It's kind of surreal to me that he's spent months coming here, perfecting his work and now he's ready for me to hear it. 

I don't know what to expect, we've not spoken in depth about the album because he wanted to keep it to himself. I make myself comfortable, crossing my legs and snuggling under a blanket that was draped across the back of the couch. 

"I've wanted to share this with you for so long. Before we begin, I wanted to give you some background, is that okay?"

"Of course," I nod.

"The album is self-titled so Harry Styles by Harry Styles." 

"I like it," I tell him honestly. "After being in the band so long I feel it's almost a way of giving you your own identity back. As if you're saying this is the real me, my own lyrics, music and vision."

Harry smiles, I must've got something right. "The order you'll be hearing the songs in is the track list that we've settled on, but don't hesitate to share if you think it works. 

"I can do that." I notice that Harry looks like he's in a world of his own, focused on something other than the music. "Everything okay?"

"What?" He looks at me in a daze. "Finally I wanted to touch on something a little more sensitive..." I nod giving him the go ahead, so he continues. "A lot of these lyrics were written before I met you, but I could see how it might be hard knowing that I've written these about..."

"About another woman?" I hold my hands up to stop him, I appreciate him thinking of me, I don't mind at all. When we began dating, I knew that the album was almost complete and knew that meant the lyrics were about his exes. "Harry..."

"I know that you're not like that, but I need you to know that I love you and only you."

I lean forward taking his hand, rubbing my thumb across his knuckles. "I do know that, there's nothing you need to be concerned about."

"Promise?"

"Promise," I lean forward even further and plant a soft kiss on his lips. 

:

Harry pulls me into him as we leave the recording studio, it's around one in the morning. I look up at him and his eyes meet mine. "You don't even know how proud I am of you."

"You don't know how much that means to me."

"Thank you for sharing your music with me." 

I can't even describe how magical that was, it's a moment I will never forget listening to what he's created over the last year for the very first time. Each track is unique, but the album as a whole is Harry through and through. I had chills listening to the album and I can't wait to see him perform it live on tour!

------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

How are you all?

So sorry I've been MIA for almost a year - that's crazy - it's been a wild one. I've now graduated university with my Film Studies degree and got a brand new job doing social media marketing. As you can imagine I haven't found much time to write until now, I love writing and love this story so want to keep updating as best I can for you guys. 

What've you been up to?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter - where do you want the story to go?

Thank you for constant support over the last year! 

Lots of love, 

Beck x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unsuitable By 1D

Fanfiction

22 0 30
When superstar Liam Payne meets up and coming politician Hayley Jones at a charity event in England the chemistry between them is undeniable but thei...
327 1 12
Harry and Kate has been lovers since their middle school days. Harry loves her, Kate loves him... They thought that's enough to keep their love brea...
1.1K 26 18
Ivy Johnson hates to look like everyone else; she loves looking different. Ivy doesn't dress is odd clothes, no, she dresses as a hipster, as a trend...
62.9K 1.5K 95
I should have fixed my hair, checked my makeup. I should have made sure the obvious tears that even I didn't realize I had shed were cleaned from my...