FIFTY NINE

Flo POV:

Today's my lunch meeting with Jeff, I feel a little apprehensive but I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine. I didn't hear from him until yesterday when he messaged to see if I was still okay to come.

Jeff's booked us a table at a restaurant in Mayfair, I thought it was a bit much although Harry says that he's always done it. Apparently, it's quite an upmarket place and I wasn't sure how to dress considering it's a meeting, I think what I've chosen looks fine. I've decided on an oversized white shirt paired with some black dress trousers and my loafers.

"Yeah this is good," I tell myself as I straighten out the shirt.

I've left my hair down today and put in a loose wave, it's a nice change knowing I normally just throw it up. Today I wanted to look elegant and stylish but still professional, I need to make a good impression.

I tidy up my dressing table and put some clothes back in the wardrobe, I figure if I do it now it'll save me some time later on. Actually, I should have left by now, I just need to make sure I have everything. Opening my bag, I see I've got all the essentials so I'm ready to go.

Luckily, the traffic doesn't seem too bad today, so I reach the restaurant on time. "Thank god." Imagine being late the first time I meet him.

I park the car and then make my way inside, there's a fair amount of people eating lunch, so it takes me a minute to figure out where to go.

"Afternoon, can I help you?" A young-looking waitress asks coming up to me. "Actually yeah, I'm here to meet my friend but I'm not sure if he's here yet."

The waitress looks down at the computer screen, she clicks something and then looks up at me with a smile. "Can I take the name?"

I nod and smile back at her. "Yeah it'd be under the name Azoff, Jeff Azoff."

"I've got that, just follow me this way, your friend is already here." I see Jeff at a table in the middle of the restaurant, he's looking at the menu and has already asked for a drink. "This is your table, someone will be back shortly to take you order."

"Thank you so much," I say politely.

Jeff gets up from his chair, smiles and shakes my hand. "Flo? A pleasure to finally meet you."

"You too, I've heard a lot about you." I lie. Harry and I don't talk much about him and never have but I don't want to sound rude. I take a seat opposite Jeff and glance at the menu, it's quite an expensive restaurant.

"I'm only drinking water Flo, but feel free to order something different if you'd like."

I shake my head, "I'll have the same actually, I'm driving."

A different waiter comes over to us with a jug of water and asks if we're ready to order. Jeff nods, he decides on a burger and I order myself a chicken and avocado salad. I've never been to this restaurant before, the interior is incredible, for a while I can't stop looking around taking it all in.

There's silence between the two of us until I can't take the awkward tension anymore.

"So, Jeff, why did you want us to meet up like this?" I'm still not sure myself.

I notice he puts his phone on silent and then meets my gaze. "Business and pleasure I suppose. We'll be working closely together from now on Flo and you're Harry's girlfriend."

"Meaning what?" I ask, I don't like his tone very much.

"You have to understand, girls throw themselves at him all the time and have done for years." He shrugs, "I have to make sure you're genuine."