The Doctor, The Billionaire...

By MeganWriter

Faye Anderson is an OB/GYN who loves her job more than her social life, that is until one expected night chan... More

Be Social
Trouble Comes Knocking
You Never Called
Irateness and Incompetence
Something to Say
Hold Me Forever
I'm in Trouble
She Knows
Who is Colton?
The Normal Dr. Anderson
Anxiety Inducing
Bad Friend
The Rents'
Pain
House and Home
Death Wish
Dramatic Entrance
Facing Them
Overbearing Danger
Don't Be a Hero
Its Only Pain
The Blame
How to Move On
Blinding Sorrow
The Gift of Life
Namesake
At Home
Holy Matrimony
Wedding Blues

He's Home

649 29 2
By MeganWriter

Hey y'all!! Merry Christmas if you celebrate! If not happy Saturday! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

**********

I bounce on the balls of my feet, trying to get rid of the nervous energy that was flowing through my body. My brother's flight landed about 15 minutes ago, so he would be coming out of the doors in front of us at any second.

Realistically, the one person here who should be nervous is Colton, but he just stands with his arm around me, calm and collected, at least visibly.

Colton catches me staring at him and looks over with concern. "Faye, you're making me nervous, bouncing like that, do you need to sit?" I simply shake my head no, continuing to stare at the security doors in front of us.

Colton releases a sigh before coming around in front of me and grabbing both my hands in his. "Take a deep breath baby, then count to ten."

I do as he says, feeling my heart rate slow a bit. Seemingly satisfied that I'm no longer fidgeting he moves to stand beside me again, pulling me into his side.

I smooth my hands over the oversized sweatshirt I had stolen from Colton to hide my 21 week pregnant belly, which has really popped over the last week. To be honest I'm probably bloated from all the food Colton has been feeding me but it feels good.

I haven't had morning sickness since Monday, when I split my head open, and it's the longest I've gone without getting sick since I got pregnant. I've been nauseous here and there, but luckily everything has stayed down.

My head has started healing nicely, the bruising has turned yellow in some areas instead of the deep purple it was just a few days ago. It still looks a bit gnarly but I definitely feel more comfortable going in public now, although the only time I left the house this week was to get Andy from the hospital and settle her into Colton's place.

He gave her a run through of his whole system and how to work the cameras, and even showed her a panic room. The people who owned the mansion before him were really paranoid but he kept the technology updated because he knew he would want to sell the house eventually.

What Colton didn't tell Andy was that he hired out his security team to do drive by's every six hours to make sure everything looks how it should. It's very unlikely Michael would ever get past the front gate, but Colton didn't want to take any chances.

The past week has basically solidified everything I felt about Colton, and to be honest it's scaring the shit out of me. I haven't really relied on anyone, or let anyone in since my parents passed but Colton somehow weaseled his way in.

I know if I lost him, it would destroy me.

Colton absently rubs his hand along my side, which brings me out of my thoughts. When I look up I see the tall and broad form of my brother walking through the doors and it takes everything I have in me not to sob on the spot.

Pulling away from Colton, I run towards him and almost tackle him to the ground.

He pulls me in for a hug, catching his balance from my full force body slam laughing.

"Damn Faye, miss me?" Roman says sarcastically.

I pull away and wipe my eyes, giving him a light slap on the shoulder.

"Don't be an ass, of course I missed you. You're my big brother and I haven't been able to see you for a year."

He pulls me in for a hug again. "I know Faye, I wish I could have come and visited, or you could have come and visited but it just never worked out."

I nod in agreement, finally leading him to where Colton still stood with a smile on his face.

When we reach Colton, Roman pulls him in for a bro hug. Colton is a bit taller than my brother's 6'2" but my brother seems to have more muscle mass on him. I guess wildlife research kept him in shape.

"So you must be Colton, the guy shacking up with my little sister." Roman says, mischief clear on his face.

Colton looks amused as I land a punch on Roman's shoulder.

"Roman, I am almost 29 years old, leave him alone."

At this, Roman has the audacity to look innocent, and I roll my eyes.

Colton laughs. "Nice to meet you Roman, I've heard a lot of great things about you."

Roman looks skeptical at this. "If they're from Faye they're all lies."

I roll my eyes again before absent-mindedly brushing my hair behind my ear, which I realize is a big mistake right after I do it.

My hair had been placed to fall in front of the giant bruise and gash on the side of my head so it wasn't the first thing Roman saw when he saw me, but now it was clear he had seen it.

He grabs my face in his hands. "Jesus fucking christ Faye, what the hell happened?!" I wince as other people turn at my brother's loud voice, disapproving of his line of curse words.

"I passed out at work and hit a desk on the way down." I say as he continues to study the eye-sore.

He lets out a breath before releasing me and turning to Colton. "How bad was it? I know she'll play it off and make it seem like it's not a big deal."

Colton chuckles. "She scared me but no concussion, just a nasty bruise and some stitches. She took the rest of the week off work and I haven't let her do anything strenuous."

Roman nods before turning to me. "Keep him, I like him."

Colton simply laughs as Roman leads us toward baggage claim and I have to bite my tongue to keep myself from yelling that I can take care of myself.

After we collect Roman's bags, Colton leads us out to his audi SUV and Roman lets out a low whistle.

"Damn, this is way nicer than the pieces of shit I was driving through the Savanna."

Colton and I both laugh as he gets his bags in the car and gets in the back seat. We made small talk the whole way home, stopping to get my brother McDonald's. We offered to take him out to lunch but his words were "Nothing would make me happier than a big mac," so we obliged.

Colton tried to get me to get something but the sound of McDonald's made me nauseous, and the smell made me feel even worse when we got his and Roman's food into the car. I kept my mouth closed, hoping the first time I'm sick since the day I passed out isn't in the car in front of my brother.

Colton seems to sense I'm not doing well and offers me his sprite, which I gladly take. He also drives a bit faster than normal, but Roman doesn't seem to notice, or if he does he doesn't say anything.

When we finally arrive home I'm the first out of the car. I try to look inconspicuous as I take deep breaths of the fresh air, but Roman does seem to notice that.

"You good Faye? You're looking a little pale." He says, pulling a duffel bag from the back of the car, along with Colton.

I nod. "I think I'm just car sick."

Roman narrows his eyes at me, seemingly seeing right through my lie before he turns back to his bags.

I head inside ahead of them, unlocking the door and shoving the curious orange tabby out of the way so he doesn't get stepped on.

I get my brother settled in the guest room before I make my way to the kitchen to get some water, already finding Colton there with a cold water bottle and toast.

"We should probably tell him pretty quickly." Colton murmurs, handing the food and water over to me.

I simply nod and make my way over to the couch, taking a deep breath.

The nausea doesn't relent, even with the toast and water. Roman comes into the living room, studying me but before he can say anything I'm up and rushing toward my bedroom.

Realizing I'm not going to make it to my bathroom I divert into the guest bathroom next to the living room and empty my stomach.

I can feel Colton pull my hair back and start rubbing my back as I dry heave. The motions make my head throb and my vision blur, seemingly still not recovered from the desk incident on Monday.

When I'm finally done I fall against Colton, too weak and dizzy to stand. I can hear Roman ask Colton something but I'm too busy focusing on breathing to hear what it is.

When I finally feel more stable, Colton helps me up and leads me toward the living room couch, laying me down before he goes to get another water bottle.

After taking a few sips of water I finally mustered up the courage to look at Roman. Calling the look on his face concern would be the understatement of the year.

"Does this have to do with you passing out and hitting your head?" He finally asks as Colton sits next to me, pulling me into his side.

I nod absently before taking a deep breath, trying to steady my shaking hands.

"I'm pregnant, Roman."

I feel Colton's hold on me tighten and I can't help but wonder if he's sitting this close so he can use me as a human shield.

Roman's jaw drops and I have to do everything in my power not to laugh at his face, a mixture between happiness and horror. I don't know how that's possible but he manages to pull it off.

He looks between Colton and I for a second before speaking. "Damn, I go away for one year."

I laugh as he stands and pulls me into a hug before pulling Colton into a bro hug, similar to the one at the airport.

Roman sits back down, letting out a breath. "Holy shit, I'm gonna be an uncle."

I can see the tears in his eyes which brings tears to mine as well.

I pull away from Colton and get up. Colton tries to object but I reassure him as I make my way into our bedroom, grabbing the ultrasound pictures we've collected so far. I tear off a few before pulling off Colton's sweatshirt so my bump is visible.

When I return, Roman and Cotlon are both wiping tears from their eyes and I make a mental note to ask Colton about it later.

Upon seeing me return, Roman freezes, his eyes instantly falling to my protruding stomach.

"Holy shit Faye, you've been hiding this for a while."

I simply shrug. "The only reason the hospital knows is because I passed out on Monday and smacked that desk."

He looks at me concerned. "What's the full story on that?"

"I didn't eat after getting sick and then did rounds."

Roman frowns. "Are you supposed to be getting this sick this late?" He asks, asking the same question Colton has asked since I hit the second trimester.

I shrug again in response. "I'm 21 weeks. Usually we see morning sickness stop around 12 weeks when the second trimester starts but it's not uncommon for it to last the whole pregnancy."

Roman nods seemingly relaxing at my response. I wish Colton would do the same. No matter how many times I tell him this is normal, he still handles me with kid gloves every time I get sick.

Sensing that the interrogation is over, I make my way over to Roman and hand him the various different ultrasound pictures.

He sits quietly, taking them all in as the tears fall down his face. I make my way over back to Colton, sitting against him as I wipe my own tears.

"Mom and dad would be so proud of you, Faye." He whispers, and I choke out a sob.

We spend the afternoon discussing all things baby, and when we can introduce Roman to Colton's family. Callie is due in three weeks, so I'm hoping we can see them a couple times before the baby comes. My stomach flutters at the thought of Callie and Alex's baby being born and it takes me a minute to realize it's the baby moving, and not just because I'm excited.

Colton jumps a bit before chuckling, realizing it was the baby, and Roman lights up like a kid on Christmas. Unfortunately the baby seems to sense his enthusiasm because for the next 30 minutes as Roman waits patiently for movement, the baby only moves when he finally gets up to use the restroom.

Finally feeling hungry, I make my way to the kitchen but reroute myself when the doorbell rings. I curse, hoping it's just a delivery but freeze in shock when the door reveals a terrified Andy standing on my doorstep.

She chokes out a sob before speaking. "He found me Faye, please help."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 39.4K 25
Bea Callaway becomes pregnant at nineteen, throwing away her parents dream of her attending a top notch university. Her parents give her the option t...
34.8K 778 74
There's something about Faye White... This book contains sexual assault, mature language, drug usage, sex, suicidal behavior and jokes that some view...
118K 8.1K 7
{a Wattpad featured story} Everything in this book is real. Minor details have been altered to protect those who know me. I'm a female thoracic surge...
7.8K 188 21
Completed; Spencer's fiancee is in a terrible accident, and is in a coma. Toby Cavanaugh is the doctor. Things/feelings occur while her fiancee is un...