The Bet (18+)

By unpopulardad

"The necklace alone around my neck is worth a million dollars, what makes you think I'd ever fuck you for a t... More

0. character aesthetics
1. Return
2. The arrow
3. Three Hours
4. Amuse me
5. Breakfast
6. The bet
7. Babies
8. Pink
9. High Maintenance (his pov)
10. Green Lingerie
11. The Engagement
12. Erection
14. Pretty thighs
15. The wedding
16. Vanity
21. Black and White
22. Kill him (dual pov)
23. New friends
24. Cameras
25. My bed
26. Dior
27. Own him
28. Conniving wife

13. Watermelon edibles

17.4K 363 74
By unpopulardad

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Today marked Sunday, which meant there was exactly one week until the day of the wedding. The day I have been dreading and wished never existed. The nauseating feeling in my stomach didn't help either.

We had been invited to the Russo family home this evening. They had planned an intimate dinner for both families just before the wedding.

Everything around me was just wedding related. White fabric, shiny pearls and fresh flowers. Thats all my eyes were seeing.

I had had countless dress fittings the past week and I wasn't sure if they were going to end at this rate. My mother had hired one of the best Italian tailors, all the way from Milan just to make my dress. The Preppy well known designer was perfect for the job. He had brought my scruffy sketch to life in a matter of days.

However I was slowly getting sick of it all. Don't get me wrong, I wanted my wedding to be perfect, I was only going to have one wedding anyway. My childhood dream of having the perfect wedding wasn't going to be ruined.

Like Lorenzo had said the day he gave me my engagement ring. Go big or go home.

Of course id rather go home but that wasn't an option sadly. So go big it was.

I still didn't want to go ahead with the wedding but what was done was done. I would be tied to a man who didn't love me and I didn't love back for the rest of my life.

I didn't bother arguing further with Papa, he wasn't going to have it. The deal was done and there was no turning back, unless if you wanted to start an unnecessary war with the other Sicilian family in New York.

My mother had taken charge of planning the wedding and all I had to do was give her my vision and she would make it come true. Lorenzo made it clear he didn't care how the wedding turned out after his blunt text message he had sent me after my mother had forced me to ask him, because apparently, it was rude not to.

Lorenzo: I don't care

Fine by me.

Even if he did have any wishes I wasn't plan on taking them into accord anyway. Call me petty.

News began to spread around about the wedding which meant the gifts were coming in. Every day I was awaken by the maids bringing in bags and boxes of gifts from family members, politicians and close associates of my father. My aunts and cousins had taken this opportunity to shower me with countless lingerie sets and jewellery. I think I had the entire colour wheel of bras and matching underwear.

And we cant forget Carina's inappropriate bdsm related gift. Sigh.

This morning I had woken up to two black gift bags, which my mother herself had dropped off to my bedroom.

"From the Russo's" she said with a huge grin before she left my room.

I stared at the two bags in front of me. I was guessing they were from Rosalina because I very much doubt it was from Lorenzo.

I pulled open the bigger bag, inside sat a square velvet box. I lifted the top, to reveal to most stunning necklace I have seen. It was simple yet the diamonds seemed to make my entire room glow. It was all diamonds with a single emerald in the middle.

It was stunning.

I opened the next box, pulling out the dark tissue paper which wrapped the item. I tore the paper and inside sat a dark green bra with the matching thong. From my favourite designers too.

I felt the fabric between my fingers, tracing the detailing. It was sexy and daring.

There was a printed note beneath the lacy set.

Any pictures you take they go to me. Only me.

-L

I blinked as I read the note. This man was unbelievable. Like hell I'd ever send him any pictures like that. I scoffed shoving the set back into the bag. The audacity.

I was about to text Lorenzo, give him an earful about his little gift but remembered I was going to see him tonight.

***

It was 7pm and we were ready to leave. I kept my outfit simple tonight, I wore an all black Versace dress with gold detailing. I had my hair in a low ponytail and finished the look with some simple strapped heels.

The drive to the Russo Mansion was long. As they lived in Long Island. Me and Sebastian drove together whilst my parents made their own way. Sebastian had already made it clear he was planning to ditch me as he had some sort of plans tonight. I think I heard him say something about an escort at a hotel.

Sigh.

The car pulled into a huge driveway, I was shocked as I looked ahead at the house.  It was massive. A huge driveway which was gated with dark iron gates, the entire front yard was decorated in fine grass and skinny branched trees dotted around. And to top it off, there was a water fountain just in front of the main door, the water flashed red because of the lights beneath.

My stomach returned with the uncomfortable feelings. This is were I would be staying.

Long Island.

Best get used to these surroundings.

We made our way inside the mansion once my parents had arrived. We were escorted inside by Rosalina, a huge smile on her face as she invited us in to her home.

The theme of dark blue and sandy brown spread throughout the house. Wooden floors and deep blue sofas. The fireplace decorated with fine vases and crystals ornaments. It wasn't shabby or over the top, rather it screamed 'well put together American family' to be specific.

The house felt homey and welcoming and not the house where criminal activities took place in. I wonder how many died in this very house.

It was juxtaposition.

Maybe this room was a facade and down the hallway led to the real darkness, men were probably tied down to metal chairs dreading to hear the footsteps of Lorenzo or his father. Okay maybe I'm thinking too much.

They most likely have a basement for all of that anyways, instead of down the hallway.

My mother and father had disappeared along with Lorenzo's parents, leaving me and Sebastian alone in the room. I watched as Sebastian pulled out a plastic bag out his suit jacket. Inside the zip loc bag was a handful of coloured gummies. Edibles.

This was Sebastian for you. He lived to get stoned and to feel on edge

"Watermelon flavour?" He offered, as he threw two in his mouth. Watermelon flavoured edibles.

My mouth watered instantly at the strong smell of watermelon. Dammit. I snatched the baggie from him and took one out and plopped it into my mouth. Just one.

"Do you carry these things with you all the time?" I asked examining them packet.

"I got them last night" I watched as he stood up, pulling out a rolled blunt from his pocket. "I'm going for a smoke, Tell dad I went to move my car or something"

"You can't leav-" just like that he left the room, leaving me alone.

I sighed, leaning back into the sofa. My eyes wandering to the hand painted canvas which decorated the wall. The mesmerising artwork, difficult to assess yet screamed a hundred words at me.

I was brought out of my trance when the door opened. My eyes widened as I stared at the bag of edibles in my lap. I looked for my bag but I must've left it in the car. Doing the first thing which came to my mind, I stuffed the bag in between my breast. It didn't do a good job but I didn't have any time to shove it further down.

I looked towards the door and my gaze fell on Lorenzo. I let out a sigh of relief, as it wasn't our parents.

He wore a plain black shirt and pants. His dress pants held up by a black leather belt with a gold eagle on its claps. Stefano Ricci.

His blazer in his hand. This was the first time I had seen him without the jacket and it did not disappoint. His shirt clung to his muscular frame like a second skin, his arms were big and looked like he could easily crush a mans head between them. I'm sure they had before.

His eyes traced over my body as he pulled on his blazer. The action was so simple yet so captivating. He moved so effortlessly. I almost felt intimidated under his stare.

He smelt like he had just came out the shower, and had lathered his body in men's aftershave. The strong addicting mixture of wood and citrus lingered in the air.

"Where's the rest of your family?" He questioned, taking a step towards me.

"I'm not too sure" I replied, I cursed in my head as his eyes fell on the purple packet which peeped from the dip of my breasts.

Great.

He raised a questionable look. I sucked in a breath as his hand reached in between, pulling out the packet. I couldn't ignore the way his fingers had brushed over my skin. Goosebumps erupted all over my arms and back by the simple graze.

Lord.

"Do you always have sweets with your or something?" He questioned flatly. I was guessing he was referring to when he ever so rudely barged into my bedroom, ate all of my fruit sweets complaining about the sugar content.

"Give it back, it's not mine" I mumbled out, about to attempt to take it off me but I didn't bother. Especially after the last time I tried to grab something off him.

He examined the packet briefly then his eyes lingered on the dip of my breasts.

Dammit

"Seems like they're yours?" I watched as he took one out and put it into his mouth.

"How do you know they aren't laced in poison?" I mused. His expression remained flat, but he let out a low sound of amusement.

"If I die.." his finger traced over my bottom lip and I froze. "I guess so will you" he then proceeded to brush an area of my lip where there was sugar from the gummy.

I sent him a scowl, moving away from him.

Just at that moment the door opened once again and in walked in Rosalina. A wide smile as she noticed the two of us in the room.

"Dinner is ready" she simply said before walking back out.

As I walked passed Lorenzo, I stopped.

"Thanks for the gift by the way" I said with a smirk. "My boyfriend loved it" I watched as his jaw tightened, a scowl masking his face. Before he could say anything I followed out the door.

🖤

Part two of this chapter next ;)

Remember to vote / comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.9K 51
"I'm not your bitch, Non succede," he says shaking his head. (not happening). "Are you sure? You aren't my bitch for tonight?" I lean down latching m...
299K 5.8K 80
*editing* "๐๐จ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐œ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž...
13.9K 219 35
โ—COMPLETEDโ— Kate Russo was trained by birth to be a dutiful and compatible wife for the next Don of the Italian Mafia. She was forced to become a qui...
1.2M 21.6K 49
****I'm writing this story because I want to be creative, while working with my imagination. If there is anything you feel wrong with my story feel f...