Broken Walls ✔

By greyxry

{MxM} COMPLETED Liam Moonhovan is a single father with a five-year-old child. He fixates on working and raisi... More

ch 1
ch 2
ch 3
ch 4
ch 5
ch 6
ch 7
ch 8
ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
ch 16
Ch 17
Ch18
ch 19
Ch 20
ch 21
ch 22
ch 23
ch 24
ch 25
ch 26
ch 27
ch 28
ch 29
Ch 30
Ch 31.
ch 32
Ch 33
Ch 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
37
Ch 38
Ch 39
ch 40
Ch 41
ch 42
Ch 43
ch 44
Ch 45
Epilogue
Bonus chapter: the more the merrier
Bonus chapter: First day of school
Last Bonus chapter: Legally Family
A/N

Bonus chapter: No more of Alexis

6.2K 209 32
By greyxry

Third person

"So does anyone know what this is about?" Zar asked over the table. Mostly aimed at Liam and Enzo who just shook their heads.

Madi walked back into the room with her daughter, Eli, walking besides her. She took her place beside her husband, and Eli climbed into his lap.

Their daughter was adorable, and was named after Zach's mother and Madi's grandmother who coincidentally had the same name, not so much a surprise since Elizabeth was a common name. But to add their own spin they shortened it to Eli because it sounded better.

At only six years old, she basically looked like a female version of Zach with blond hair and freckles from Madi. Everyone loved her, especially Ethan who was only a month younger. Alexis treated her like a little sibling.

Speaking of which was the reason they we're all seated around Liam and Enzo's dining table. Alexis had called a meeting and wanted all of them to be there for a big announcement. Except her own siblings, Olivia had gone out with friends and Ethan was taking a nap up stairs.

"Oh you're all here ok" Alexis trailed down the stairs. Hair short and messy in what had become Alexis' usual haircut since six years old. Dressed in black baggy clothes as usual and some bracelets and a neckless from Liam and Enzo as a fourteenth birthday gift the week prior.

"Love, are you ok?" Liam asked noticing Alexis shift nervously clearly either nervous or uncomfortable or both.

Alexis nodded, standing straight. "Yea I just uh- I have some thing I really want to tell you guys because you're all important in my life"

"Do you have a partner?" Zach teased. But Alexis' dad's didn't seem to find it that funny.

"Who is it? Have we met them?" Liam asked interrogatingly.

"Is it that Tessa girl? I saw how she looked at you last time.." Enzo said nodding his head. Most of them had expected him to be the more chill parent when it came to this stuff but he was more protective than Liam was. Which says something.

"Oh my. Dad no. Tessa is a lesbian so we would never-" Alexis cut off, eyes widening. Although none of the adults, nor the three year old seemed to notice anything or react.

"Then what is it? Are you ok?" Liam asked softly.

"Ok well I know you're both the most amazing and supportive parents I could ask for. Along with the best uncles and Aunts" Alexis said fidgeting again. "I know you'll all just accept me and I've come to accept myself and I'm ready to tell other people. It's still just hard to do, even if I know it'll be ok" Alexis blurted out in one quick sentence.

Nobody said anything knowing it was best to just give Alexis time to talk and finish instead of cutting in again.

"I'm-...." Alexis eyes scanned all the adults patiently watching, with small encouraging smiles on their faces. "I think-" Alexis chocked. "Sorry"

"It's ok love take your time" Liam said softly, fighting the urge to just hug Alexis. Enzo too as he nodded in agreement.

"I don't 'think' I know I'm a boy. I'm transgender. And I want to go by he/him pronouns and be referred to as a boy" Alexis said, eyes closed and breath held, waiting for a reaction.

Liam was first to warp Alexis in a hug, followed by Enzo then everyone else. Even little Eli.

"It's ok love. We all still love you. We always will, no matter what" Liam said softly.

"Yea you'll always be our child, now you're just now known as our son nothing else changed." Enzo said kissing his forehead.

"and our nephew" Zar and Zach said at the same time and shot each other a glare.

"And a big brother to little Eli, Olivia and Ethan" Madi said and as if understanding Eli giggled.

Maybe it was the relief, or the joy, that he didn't have to keep it in anymore and they all accepted him for who he was. Alexis broke out into tears sobbing into his dad's arms as they both held him.

After Alexis stopped crying and they all broke away from the hug and back to their seats he spoke again. "t-thank you guys" Alexis sniffed wiping his tears with the end of his shirt. "Also I have one more thing to say."

"What is it?"

"I would also like to change my name to Alex. If that's ok with you guys" He said looking at his dads.

Liam nodded trying not to cry anymore than he already had, and he was doing better than his husband who was somehow worse than Alexis, although it was no surprise to anyone knowing how emotional Enzo was.

"That's perfectly fine. Alex" Liam smiled and Alex burst into tears all over again giving his dads a hug.

"But you can call me Lex for short. I think it's cool" Alex said moving back and wiping his tears.

Zach and Zaria seemed to be on the verge of tears themselves but Zaria's came pouring down when Alex got up, turned to his aunts and uncles. and said. "Thank you guys so much for being a supportive family since I was a child and letting me explore myself. I love you guys more than anything"

She got up giving Alex a hug. Zach on the other hand opted not to claiming he'd be just as bad as Enzo if he did. which was very much true. "Even if we did kind of know, it's so amazing to see you find yourself"

"What do you mean to kind of knew? I wasn't that obvious about it" Alex scoffed wiping his face with a small laugh that slowly died down when he saw the deadpan look on everyone's faces.

"Your dads even sent us articles on how to be supportive and make you feel comfortable and what to say and not to say" Tobias smiled as Eli played with his fingers from her moms lap over the table.

"Papa? Dad?" Alex turned to Liam and Enzo who just sheepishly smiled at him.

"I had my suspicions so I just wanted to be prepared and make sure you're ok. So I know about what to do" Liam said smiling.

"Yea we also asked a few of my trans ftm friends how to. Just to be sure they we're accurate." Enzo said "If you wanna talk to them they're happy to help. As someone who's experienced it"

In all honesty Alex just couldn't believe his luck to have such amazing parents. "Ok like when was I so obvious?"

"You did want to cut your hair and wear masculine clothes since you we're five" He pointed out. "and you didn't want to play with the boys and also hated being called a girl or anything feminine"

"I'm just gonna act like I didn't notice you stealing all my shirts and sweatpants" Enzo said with a small laugh.

"That could just have meant I was a tomboy" Alex rebutted.

"You almost had a panic attack and threw a tantrum when you had to wear a dress and do your hair for the school concert in third grade" Tobias said casually.

"And again when you hit the marks of female puberty" Madi said with a teasing smile.

"Oh and again when I tried to take you bra shopping and we just left with a bunch of sports bras instead" Zar giggled.

"Ok Ok I got it" Alex laughed shrugging them off. After that they stayed for a while before leaving to their respective homes.

Of course Liam and Alex had teased Enzo about crying more than both of them.

"Lex. Catch" a pillow landed smack on Alex's head causing him to let out a whine.

"Dad!" He exclaimed glaring at Enzo. "I don't get how you guys have adjusted to my name faster than me" He muttered putting the pillow down.

"Don't worry love. You'll get used to it too" Liam chuckled taking the soda handed to him by his husband who also handed Alex one as he settled on the couch.

Alex laughed opening the can. "Soooo... Does that mean I can get surgery?" He asked giving his dads a pleading look.

"I'm the wrong person to ask that" Enzo said throwing a piece of popcorn into his mouth, then pointing to Liam.

"Papaaaa" Alex turned his pleading look to Liam.

Liam chuckled finding it adorable. "No way"

"What why not? Are you being transphobic right now?" Alex teased.

"No. You're way too fucking young Alex. You can't get top or bottom surgery until you're eighteen. It's a law" Liam chuckled ruffling his son's hair.

"But that's so farrr, I can't wait four more years" Alex whined. "How about Testosterone?"

"Well one of you Dad's friends say they know a good therapist who can get you a prescription by this nice doctor but that might take some time" Liam said deep in thought, watching Alex frown.

"How about we get you a binder" He said watching Alex light up and excitedly jump around.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! No more shitty sports bra's and gender dysphoria woah!" He cheered and the laughter of his parents echoed the room along with his cheers.

"Now are we gonna talk about the fact you're more scared to come out to your siblings than to us?"

Alex froze and turned to his dad. "Is it that obvious? I just don't know how they'll react especially Olivia. I've already built this cool, older sibling image. What if they don't see me the same after?"

Enzo sighed and wrapped Alex in a hug. "I'm sure your siblings will gladly accept you for who you are. Give them some credit"

"Ok, but can you guys help me? At dinner today?"

"Of course"

Later that night:

As the family settled at the table. Alex was more nervous and on edge to which Olivia was quick to point out but he always shrugged her off.

The conversation begin with Olivia talking about her day, and what she did with her friends. "After the movie we all just walked home" she shrugged, putting a single pea in her mouth. "And what's up with you? Did you break something of mine again?"

Alex who was caught off guard by his sister staring intensely at him looked at his dad's for a second who just had confused but encouraging expressions.

He looked back at Olivia, her gaze more intimidating. "I'm trans and my name is Alex" he blurted out.

Olivia froze for a moment. All eyes on her as she dropped her pointing finger and sighed. "Alexi- Alex...You do know you'll always be my older sibling whether brother or sister or just sibling. I still look up to you"

Alex smiled at Olivia. "You look up to me?" he asked quietly.

"Don't let it go to your head. And I'm never admitting it again" She said going back to her usual snappy demeanor. Alex laughed giving his little sister a hug.

"I promise to be the best big brother ever" Olivia rolled her eyes, but nobody missed the smile that grew on her face.

"So Alexis is a boy now?" Ethan asked looking over at them.

Alex let go of Olivia and turned to the six year old. He nodded slowly. "You can just call me Alex"

Ethan looked at him blankly for a moment. "Ok" and with that he went back to his food, as if the conversation hadn't just happened. Olivia snickered at her brothers reaction and Alex just let out a laugh. Mostly from relief.

Liam took Enzo's hand under the table with a smile. "I love our family" he mumbled. Enzo smiled at him softly and nodded in agreement. After dinner was done the couple retreated to their room, like everyone else to get some rest.

The couple lay in their bed, Enzo on his back staring at the ceiling with his arms wrapped around Liam who was in the same position but between Enzo's legs, with his head on his chest.

"I just can't believe our little baby is all grown up" Liam sighed. "Soon he won't be our baby anymore"

"I know, it feels like just yesterday when I met five year old Alex" Enzo chuckled. "Technically he's already a teenager but he'll always be our baby. He's just becoming his own person too"

"Aren't you a wise man with wise words today?" Liam chuckled. "I'm proud of him though" he muttered playing with the gold ring on Enzo's finger, that had long replaced the silver promise ring from years ago.

Enzo hummed in agreement. "Yea. You've raised one hell of a kid"

Liam abruptly got up turning to Enzo with a stern look. "We raised" He corrected. "you're just as big of a part of his life and I am and you're his dad too. He wouldn't be him if it wasn't for you"

Enzo smiled and nodded. "I know, old habit" he muttered but Liam just kissed him softly with a smile.

"Did I mention I really love our family?" Liam said with a smile.

Enzo nodded. "I do too. I'm so glad I got to build it with you" he said giving Liam a kiss.

"me too" Liam smiled softly at his husband. "But, let's to to bed. It's late"

Ahhh I've been dying to write this chapter foreverrrrrr and here it is. I did base a lot of Alex's feelings and coming out on my own but it was so therapeutic for me to write it.

I hope you all like it as much as I do and enjoyed this bonus chapter.

Thank you for all the support. Your comments and votes always make my day. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 7.7K 20
**This story is, for the most part, still the same as before, however it was completely rewritten so some of the events and story lines have been cha...
222K 7.8K 27
When Remy's roommate suggests that he should try to be a Sugar Baby, Remy is appalled... until he realizes he's buried in student loans. He hates the...
840K 37.5K 26
"Those kids ain't right, I've seen the smallest one bash a mans skull against the shower wall with a grin... it's a fucking wolves resort!" St. Emil...
311K 13.3K 29
Time flies sure fast. The then Engineering Moon is now a father. Yes, Forth, the successful engineer is now a father of a three years old daughter. H...