The Baker and the Basketball...

By Moreghrimm

Sōdai Kessaku's family owns a small bakery in Tokyo, life is ever unchanging and she's happy with that. That... More

Chapter 1 - The Magnificent
Chapter 2 - My Bakery
Chapter 3 - New Hair?
Chapter 4 - Welcome Home
Chapter 5 - Our Date
Chapter 6 - Batsu
Chapter 7 - Rooftop Romance
Chapter 8 - The Ace of Teiko
Chapter 9 - Generation of Miracles
Chapter 10 - Confessions of the Heart
Chapter 11 - Another Chance
Chapter 12 - Sit and Look Pretty
Chapter 13 - A kind voice
Chapter 14 - Seirin?
Chapter 15 - Date
Chapter 17 - Sit Out.?!!!
Chapter 18 - Tōō vs Rakuzan
Chapter 19 - Determination
Chapter 20 - Goodbye Tokyo
Chapter 21 - Winter Tournament
Chapter 22 - Twisted Words
Chapter 23- Feelings Change
Chapter 24- My Worth
Chapter 25- The End
Extra- Sōdai's Middle School
Extra - Honeymoon 🍋

Chapter 16 - Aomine vs Kise

3K 79 8
By Moreghrimm

"I literally just had the most amazing idea in the world and the chemistry teacher totally shut me down!" I complained on the rooftop next to Daiki who was eating my lunch.

"Oh yeah?"

"Well I was thinking, oxygen tanks have limited air, a lot of people end up dying because they run out of air in underwater tunnels, so why don't humans create a smaller device that can be worn as a mask that filtered out the hydrogen from H2O, leaving mostly oxygen?"

Aomine stopped chewing his sausage and looked up at me,."You've got some crazy ideas roaming around in your mind." He said slightly intrigued.

"Well, she said that it was possible but the cost was too much to make, but I beg to differ. Tech like that would like world changing, it could be done!"

"Well then do it." he said bluntly.

"I'm not smart enough to."

"That's fair, maybe if you ever met like bill gates you could ask him to make it."

"That's not a bad idea-"

"Sarcasm Sōdai, that'll never happen." He said chuckling.

"Haha very funny."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's game time." I said nudging Aomine's shoulder as we walked into the Lockeroom, he took a deep breath in and smiled, I could tell he was really looking forward to dueling it out with Kise.

"Well, I gotta go get dressed." I said, holding up my duffel bag.

"Right, you got it tailored so it'll look less dumb." Imayoshi said smiling.

"Yes, yes." I exited and quickly went into the girls bathroom to change, I was pleased that the costume was smaller but it was a bit tight, it definitely exposed that I wasn't a man.. that might be troubling.

I walked out and met the team as they headed to the gym, I ran into the gym first and riled up the crowd who shouted loudly at my appearance. That's when I noticed that there was another mascot in the gym.. it was a yellow tiger, are you kidding me? They never had a mascot before!

I ran over to the coach and asked what was up, "Oh well, after seeing the great popularity of Tōō's mascot other schools have decided to bring out the ol' mascots too, you're a trend setter!"

"They're copying us!" I said angrily, I turned towards the tiger who was shaking his booty at me and smacking his butt, how disrespectful!

I quickly wrote on a board and held it up so he could see it read. "COPYCAT!!!!"

And the crowd bust out laughing chanting IMITATION! Towards him, poor guy lol.

After they calmed down the match began, it was close, but it was clear Aomine could outshine Kise on a one on one, normally Kise would have the advantage because he's more accepting of teamwork, however, Aomine is not the man he was. He knows now that it's okay to rely on others to help him. I smiled and cheered them on relentlessly.

By the end of the first quarter Kaijo was only a few points behind, I could tell Aomine was really enjoying the competition.

Me and the tiger beefed throughout the game, he kept testing me so I kept roasting him with the crowd. Apparently it worked because he got so mad that he ran across the court in the middle of the game just so he could tackle me, we tussled with each other as the crowd laughed.

"What are you doing!" I yelled at him.

"Just a PR stunt! Don't take it personally" He yelled back.

We rolled around in the ground until the refs finally dragged us apart, let me tell you it's hard brawling inside of a suit.

He and I got dragged out and were told we couldn't come back into the gym, lol.

"This is all your fault!" I yelled at him.

"Sorry!" He said back, he wasn't sorry at all.

I sighed and walked away, changing out of the costume in the bathroom, I was super sweaty so I decided to put on my baseball cap in my duffel bag, once I got out of the bathroom I saw a man standing beside it, he was tall and had brown hair and dark brown eyes, an attractive Japanese boy.

"Oh wow! So you're the one who was under the costume!" He said blushing.

"Uh yeah?" I noticed how sweaty he looked, "Ohhh.. you're the one who tackled me then?" I questioned.

"Ahhh, sorry about that" He said sincerely.

"It's fine, it's not like I can't sneak in."

"Well, allow me to come with you." He said bowing dramatically.

"No." I walked away.

"Wait! I recognize you! You're that girl that went viral for yelling at Tōō's star basketball player right?"

"No you're thinking of my twin sister Rachael." I said bluntly.

"Huh? Really?"

I snickered, opening the doors to the gym, I let them close on him and walked by the court trying not to interfere in the game, Kise saw me out of the corner of his eye causing him to fumble the ball. Tōō scored off of that. I feel kinda bad?

I sat down by Momoi. "Kessaku! You got into a fight with the mascot!" She shouted.

"Yeah I know I was there." I said sarcastically.

"It was so funny!!!" She giggled.

"Ahaha.." I said.

She got the hint and went back to watching the game, at this point Tōō was 12 points ahead, it was the middle of the third quarter. I could tell they were giving it their absolute all.. hopefully they don't damage their bodies, nah it should be fine, after all Aomine has been attending all his basketball practices so he's not out of shape.

The third quarter ended with Tōō still in the lead, Kise looked a bit down. He was doing the best he could but he couldn't keep up with the new and improved Aomine, I felt bad but I wanted Tōō to win.

"Sōdai you gave quite the show." Aomine said sitting next to me sweating bullets,.

"Ew, you stink."

He laughed. "Comes with the territory."

To be honest, his sweat smelled like cinnamon.. HOW??? So annoying

"Want me to beat him up?" Aomine asked seriously.

"Yeah right, your basketball career would be over." I said realistically.

"So." He muttered.

The buzzer went off indicating the fourth quarter was about to start, I smacked his back. "Go get 'em tiger."

"That's not funny." He said smiling as he jogged back on court.

In the end Kise and his team weren't able to beat Tōō. The final score was 84-67 (in this timeline Kise is unable to stop thinking of Aomine as better than him because of how much Aomine has changed and improved so he hasn't reached the point of being able to copy the generation of miracles YET)

Our team celebrated as Kise's third years began to cry, they knew this would be the last game they ever played..

As we walked out of the building I spotted Kise's team heading out aswell, "Wait up for me." I said to my team as I ran after Kise.

"Kise!" I yelled.

He turned around. "Oh hey Kessakuchi." He said smiling, I could see he had been crying too.. what could I even say to him?

"You're holding yourself back." I said bluntly.

"Huh?"

"I took the liberty of reading up on the generation of miracles a while back, you can allegedly copy any move you've seen once EXCEPT for the generation of miracles?"

"That's right."

"No that's wrong. And quite frankly that's not going to cut it." I said slightly annoyed. "I had a conversation with Momoi about it because I thought that was weird, she said that she thinks you CAN copy them it's just that you don't want to, they're not creating fireballs out there."

"She said that!" He looked embarrassed.

"Yes, take this information how you will, but I think we both know you're tired of making excuses for why you "can't" copy their styles. If you continue to deny your potential then they WILL leave you behind." I said, I bowed slightly and walked away leaving him in deep thought.

I walked back to my group who waited for me.

"So what'd you say to him?" Aomine asked curiously.

"I told him that if he gave himself the chance he'd be able to copy the generation of miracles styles."

Aomine rubbed his neck and sighed. "You really think he can?"

"I mean, it's not like you guys sold your souls for RAD superpowers. What you're doing out there is humanly possible to achieve for anyone who has the physical capability. Kise has the physical ability, he just needs to push through the mental barrier he created."

"You know this how?" Imayoshi questioned.

"Hehe I practice a form of martial arts called kung fu, The eyes of a trained fighter can always tell how much potential a person has." I said winking. "If Kise can't get though this mental block, then he'll quickly fall behind the other generation of miracles. They're constantly evolving and getting better, but I can tell Kise has hit a wall with the current level he's at. In order to beat the constant evolving generation of miracles, he himself has to evolve. "

Aomine smiled and rested his elbow on my head. "I can't wait to see what kind of monster you made when winter comes."

"Hehe.. you best put on your big boy pants or he might even beat you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 1.4K 22
Ever since young Tetsuya was always bullied because of his appearance so he tends to shut people out except his family but what happens when he meet...
59.2K 1.9K 39
After having her heart broken, Yuzuriha Airi became afraid to trust people and will only open her heart to her important senpai, Kasamatsu Yukio. How...
47.6K 1.4K 37
Hina was sent to America for a few years as her mother did not want her to see her father struggled for the rest of his life with his sickness, they...
92.1K 1.7K 21
this is a knb(kurokos basketball) and haikyuu crossover this is my first story although I write texting storys on YouTube Hinata has always been a sp...