ŹŸį“źœ±į“› ŹŸį“į“ į“‡

By prollysie

Why are you doing this?" I whispered, my head dropped to the floor as the floor began to blur with my tears... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21
22
23.
24.
25.
26.
27
28
29
30
31
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57.
58
59
60
61
Epilogue
Note

11.

9.1K 299 166
By prollysie

Ariya

"No, of course not, it was lovely talking to you too Mr. Evans. Have a nice day, bye."

Just in time for lunch, I thought after looking at my watch. I placed the phone back down while pulling out my sandwich from my purse.

I stood up while smoothing my pencil skirt down.

I watched Kameron walk into my office with a smile.

"So?" He asked.

"So?" I pondered.

Ah.

"You're a very grumpy drunk, stubborn too." I smiled. He lightly tapped my shoulder as we walked to the break room together.

"You weren't gonna tell me you were basically besties with Mr. Johnson?" I pondered. He shrugged as we sat down.

"We're not besties, we're just close." He sighed while taking a fork full of salad into his mouth.

"Okay."

"So, how's it going with you and Amara?" I asked.

"How come she's not here today?"

"She has extra classes this week, so." I nodded understandably. Something I knew too well.

My phone began to ring on the table and a picture of William and I kissing displayed itself upon the screen.

"Is that the boyfriend?!" He yelled.

"Shut up!" I grabbed my phone and picked up.

"William? Is everything alright?" I concerningly asked.

"I know it's your lunch break, I just wanted to call." I could basically hear his smile from the phone.

"You miss me?" He asked. I bit my lip.

"Always, did you get the um.. the pictures I sent you last night?" I whispered, Kameron eyed me with a smirk and I shoved his fork into his mouth.

"Yes, and I couldn't sleep."

"Up doing, other things?" I hinted.

"Well.. it was something along the lines of that."

"We're you at least thinking about me midst the action?"

"You could say that."

"Please stop doing this in front of me!" Kameron yelled while placing his palms over his ears.

William and I maybe didn't have enough sex as I would like to, but it's enough to keep me satisfied. William's nice and kind, but he wastes no time making sexual remarks.

"I have to go." I sighed, noticing the emotion on Kameron's face.

"Why, I miss you?" He groaned.

"Just stop by tonight, I need to get back to work." I said, biting my lip.

"Bye, I love you."

"Love you too."

I pressed the red circle with the pad of my thumb and placed my phone down.

"Happy?" He asked.

"Very."

"So, you dressing up for Halloween?" He asked.

Halloween wasn't until three weeks, it's so far ahead why would he be asking me?

"Why?"

"The office has a party, whoever has the best costume gets an extra paid vacation day, it's.. very competitive to say the least." He stared me down and I nodded along with him.

"Last year I dressed up as a Miles."

"Who?"

"Miles.. Morales.. Spider-Man! Oh my fucking god! Please don't tell me you're not a marvel fan." He placed his hands up in disappointment.

Rylan likes those movies, he has a poster of cap on his wall.

"I am not.. unfortunately."

"I grow to hate you even more each and every day." he sighed while shaking his head. I chuckled and continued eating my sandwich.

-

"Thank you for watching him." I told Amara as Rylan sat peacefully on her couch with a bag of chips in his hand.

"It's no problem, enjoy your date." She smiled.

"Thanks."

I walked next door and slipped my heels on.

God, I can't tell you the last time I went on a real date. It's like a reward, to myself.

Touching up my lipgloss before the doorbell rang. I grabbed my purse and twisted the dead bolts open before swinging the door open.

"Hello, beautiful." William smiled. I glanced down at the roses in his hand and an instant blush arose on my cheeks.

This is a great way to keep my mind off of Khyson.

"Hi, William."

He held his arm out and we made our way down the building and into his car. He chose to be silent the whole way there until I spoke.

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked.

"You'll see."

I left him pull into a parking lot. Leading me through the pathway to a nice restaurant that laid on the edge of the coastline.

"William, this is.. this is beautiful." I gaped. I felt his lips attach to mine before I grasped his cheeks to let the passion flow fully through us.

I pulled back and smiled before a waiter showed us to our table. We sat down together and spoke.

"So, how's work. The boss you hate?" He asked while sipping from his glass of ice water.

"Mr. Johnson?"

"Mhm." He nodded while looking over the menu.

It felt so absurde to be speaking about him in such an orderly fashion, acting like we had never had a real history. But he didn't care so why should I?

"Getting better, we don't talk much." I shrugged, bringing my hand up to the pendant on my chest.

"Mhm, so what are you gonna get? I'm thinking the shrimp tacos, wanna order an appetizer first? Or too soon?" He asked, completely sidetracking the topic of conversation that he had started. I sighed sadly.

"Um..." I looked over the menu, trying to lower my head in case the tears spilled.

Don't cry.

I dried my eyes and looked forward at him.

The waiter came up and asked for our orders.

"Can we get two Cesar's and two orders of the shrimp tacos."

He didn't even ask me what I wanted?

"Could I have extra hot sauce, if that's possible?" I asked.

"Babe, it won't taste good.. trust me." He nodded while holding my hand on the table. I nodded.

"Okay." I nodded with a small smile.

"Okay, coming right up."

"What's wrong, you seem.. down?" He asked.

"It's nothing." I cracked a small smile while nodding.

Just shake it off, shake it off, Ariya.

After we ate he walked me to the car and we sat there for a bit.

"You like the restaurant?" He turned his head to me and asked.

"It was, amazing."

The tacos weren't that good.

"I know, I could have about a hundred of those."

I unbuckled my belt and moved my body over the console in the middle to straddle his lap.

I really needed this.

He looked up at me and I stared down, he smiled while flashing his pearly whites, then cupped my cheek.

Connecting our lips we shared a passionate kiss, I roamed my hand down to his belt. Until he grabbed it and pulled back.

"Ariya? What are you doing?" He asked, disgust riched all upon his face.

"I was-"

"You know I don't like doing that in the car, we've been over this?" He furrowed his brows.

"I know but I th-"

"Thought that it'd be different this time?" He mocked me. I nodded and let him speak.

"My car stays clean and I hope to keep it that way, that's all." He tilted my chin up and nodded.

"Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded, he leaned down to kiss me and I pulled back.

"Ariya-"

"Take me home, please." I demanded.

"Ariya, you know that's not w-"

"Please, William. Just take me home to Rylan." I sighed while rubbing a stressed hand over my face.

"Okay, okay, sorry." He breathed. He took a deep breath while rubbing his face before turning the car on.

The drive was silent, I've never really fought with William. We've had our fair share of arguments but they were minor, like rescheduling a dinner, or putting mayo or mustard on a blt, and he always apologizes, it's never like this.

Never.

We made it to the apartment and I immediately got out of the car.

"Ariya, wait!" He yelled.

I pulled myself up the flights of stairs until getting to my floor. I shrugged through my purse for my keys until he grabbed my arm.

"Ariya, talk to me. If this is about what I sa-"

"Just go, William. That's all I ask.. I'm tired let me sleep." I spoke softly.

I heard him take a breath before letting go of my arm.

"Okay, Goodnight, I love you."

...

"I love you too, William.. bye." I said before he left.

I sighed while pressing my back against the cold door. Tilting my head back and closing my eyes. I pulled out my phone and shakily dialled Amara's number.

"Ariya?"

"Amara, do you think maybe you can keep Rylan a bit longer-if you can? Just until twelve or one maybe?" I bit my lip trying to hold the tears in.

"Of course, it's no problem."

"Okay." I hung up quickly before letting myself into my apartment, instantly sliding down the door ending with my legs clutched to my chest.

It burned, my chest burned so bad. I was so hot, sweating almost. I felt constricted, tight, my chest had no room for breaths. My eye sockets burned, the air pricked the surface. I bit my lip to contain the sobs. Sniffling.

"You're okay."

"You're okay."

"You're okay."

I took a deep breath in.

One more, do one more for yourself, Ariya. A deep breath.

I gave myself some time before calming down.

Pressing my palms to the ground to stand up, kicking my heels off while strutting into the bathroom.

I grabbed my pills from my purse and popped one in my mouth, cupping some water from the sink into my hand and downing it.

I dropped my bag along with the bottle on the ground while bracing my palms on the edge of the sink.

"You're okay."

"It's gonna be okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
1M 30.3K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...
158K 7.3K 14
š—¬š—²š—®š—µ, š˜š—µš—² š˜š—¶š˜š—¹š—² š—¶š˜€ š—²š˜…š—®š—°š˜š—¹š˜† š˜„š—µš—®š˜ š˜†š—¼š˜‚š—æ š—“š˜‚š˜š˜š—²š—æ š—ŗš—¶š—»š—± š—¶š˜€ š˜š—µš—¶š—»š—øš—¶š—»š—“ š—®š—Æš—¼š˜‚š˜ Ļˆ(._.)> __________________ ...