The Value of Tears (En- JayWo...

By ENCARMOA96

Jay only values the valuable and that is money and his life but Jungwon is a different story as he values eve... More

Start
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIII pt. 2
XXIII pt. 3
XXIII pt. 4
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII (FINAL)
Bonus Chapter

VIII

1.6K 120 60
By ENCARMOA96

Jay

I woke up the next day with the sun in my eyes. Did dad really positioned me to be sleeping in this room to wake me up for sure? Because he did well, the sun is blinding.

I washed up before I went to the kitchen for my breakfast only to find a note from my father that he left already due to an emergency.

I went straight outside with a cup of coffee and I saw the divers already setting up their tents because no way in hell will I let them in my house. Yes, my house.

The saw me and they immediately gave their respect as I scan them one by one. All of them look like experienced swimmers or divers and from the fact that they grew up on this island, it is no surprise.

There he is, that waiter who almost killed me by kicking me directly in the middle of the street. How the tables have turned, I want to kick him too but this time, in the middle of the ocean.

I saw how all of them are dressed and they all have their oxegen tanks, every equipment possible is already on hand. Great, it's nice to not wait.

"What time of the day is the water warmer?"

I asked at one person who immediately replied.

"Approximately, 8:00 in the morning, that is 30 minutes from now sir"

"Prepare everything . .eat your breakfast . . where's the boat?"

They pointed towards a boat which looked like it can fit numbers of people. I checked everything before entering one tent that was labeled as mine. Well, I dont know what's the point but this will do. I will stay here for easier access just in case someone messed up.

I saw some diving equipment and it seems that dad has taken it seriously when I joked about diving.

I sat on the chair as I examine the diving gears. I want this search of those pearls to be a success. The JS Fashions are recruiting top rated artists and entertainers to endorse their products and to promote their label so we have to ace up and this is the thing that will put us above the rest.

I removed my top as I plan to put on my gear first before those divers. I held up the suit when I noticed how it seem too small for me. Or is it stretchable?

Just then, someone entered my tent in a rush and he does not look like one of the divers.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

He turned to me with wide eyes as he look at me. How he stares is irritating considering the fact that he's not answering my questions.

I snapped my fingers in front his face as he blinked in surprise as he slowly walk backwards but before he could leave the tent, I grabbed his arms and pushed him on the armchair before placing my hands on both the arm rest and glared at this unknown male.

His hands cluched on the bag he's holding as his eyes trembled and slowly filled with tears. His hands holding the small pouch were trembling as he look down.

"Speak up. . . what do you want? Who are you? Who sent you to spy? Speak!"

His hands immediately covered his ears as he sniffed and his trembling got worse and his crying got harder.

This is making my accusations more accurate. I mean who in the guy his age will cry this easy? Even a kid won't cry with the voice I just used.

He's definitely just using this act to not get into my nerves and get away with the Intel he got. Too bad for him, I won't easily give in to crying babies, even for grown ups like him.

He's seriously sobbing.

"I'll deal with you later"

I grabbed his wrist and drag him to my house and into one of the guest rooms.

"Dare to leave and trust me, today's your last sunrise"

I handcuffed his hands on the headboard before taping his mouth. Good thing I brought handcuffs with me just in case I will catch someone spying. It's either they confess or just let the ocean do their thing on them. I can just handcuff him near a window but I don't know why my first option was the bed. Probably for him to not ask for help or something like that.

I wonder what's inside that small pouch he's been clutching on as if its his life.

Locking the door, I went outside to put in my gear and after doing so, I called the divers into the boat as we sail towards the center of the sea. I then spotted the man from before whom I held grudge nervously placing his gear.

I smirked to myself as I know exactly what to do to him.

"Go in. . . just remember, I know and can identify each and everyone of you so no funny business. ."

They all nodded before diving in before I held the man back.

"Dive the other way. .. that's a special assignment"

He nodded immediately before diving in and the moment he went a few feet underneath, he immediately rose from underneath and quickly swan towards my boat.

"What's the matter?"

"I can't . . . I can't . . ."

I almost laugh at him.

"Why not?"

He trembled before I help him up the boat. I wonder how he felt when he was directly push to death due to the fact that his oxygen tank is not even set meaning to say, it's not working.

He's panting and one of my men gave him some water which is funny because I believe he just drank a ton of water.

"Watch after him. . make sure the other oxygen tanks next time will be in proper order"

I dived in and after going in a few feet under, I saw a shiny pearl stuck in one of the corals and upon picking it up, I saw how it is a black pearl.

I swam to the surface only to confirm how it is a black pearl.

Black pearl?

After more minutes under water, I managed to find just black pearls of different sizes.

After a few minutes, I rose to the surface and blew the whistle and the divers arose to the surface. All of them displayed fear and worry on their faces.

We drove towards the shore and directly into my tent where they all lined up and held out their pouches.
But after every man, all of us only managed to acquire few black pearls. All in various sizes.

I maintained my emotionless face as I look at all the pearls in front of me. This won't be enough. Black pearls are not what I am here for. The other three colors could be here but where?

"Those who did not manage to give me one pearl must go back to the waters and get me more, those who  have given me 10 pearls and above can go home. .  those ten below will go back to the waters for as long as your oxygen can take you. . . move!"

They all returned back to the waters, all except one. He's the only who managed to give me a handful of pearls and must I mention, a lot of black pearls. I look at him and to my surprise, he looks so young, maybe close to my age and I can recall how he's the first one to swim to the surface.

"Tell me . . what's your name?"

"I'm Lee Heeseung . . "

"You seem to know well where to find these"

"I do sir. . . my dad is a fisherman and I always play underwater. .  I also happen to be a fast swimmer . ."

"Good . . because I need an assistant. . someone to look after the other divers when I'm not around or doing other stuff. . . will you be willing ? "

"It's my pleasure sir . ."

I nodded before I shook his hand and sent him off to the boat.

He seem to be a nice kid who just wants to work but just in case he's just a spy or someone I cannot trust, it is easy to feed him off to the sharks . . I've seen one when I'm diving although I'm not sure if it's a shark as I just saw the fin.

Anyways, that Heeseung guy must teach those divers few tips for a more harvest of pearls.

I grab the pearls and went to my house to call my dad and tell him the progress.

"How's the dive?"

"Are you sure those colors of pearls really exist? . . look, I just found black pearls."

I showed on camera the pearls that we manage to get and he looked disappointed. I can't blame him, I'm also disappointed. It just so happen that dad already made an advertisement about our newest upcoming product which means we must act as quick as possible.

"Son . .  what about the other neighboring area?"

"We searched but only black pearls. . dad, do this, advertise how we will be releasing the products one by one .  .  starting off with the black pearl. . . in this way, it can build more anticipation and more time for us to search more. . ."

"Yeah . . . I think that'll work too. . but in doing this, you must make sure to have those pearls in time. .."

"Ok I got it. . . . "

I entered the room where I kept my suitcases and saw the boy from earlier, his eyes are closed and his hands are still cuffed. Did he somehow fell asleep while he's being held by a handcuff?

I place the pearls inside my safe as I locked it. I was about to stand when I noticed something on the floor.

It's a pearl. . . .

A blue pearl. Not just one but I managed to find 3 on the floor. Where did this come from?

________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 1.8K 47
Can you really stay the same, when the worlds ever changing around you? Two years have passed, bringing along a whole new set of struggles. Miscommun...
5.5K 194 9
Sunoo is in love with one of the more popular boys at school. He believes his love is one sided, but everything changes once an unintentional love le...
7.4K 451 14
Sunoo doesn't know why, he doesn't even know how but, he knows, he hates hates HATES Yang Jungwon. Reason being? that....... he does not know. but, w...
75.7K 3K 14
jungwon doesn't get attached to things easily, he doesn't even know how to love. he doesn't even plan to reciprocate jay's feelings. but that's alrig...