Stars Stripes and Metal

By Dani20sma11z

To reject one's soulmate is certain death. Everyone is born with one, many go their whole lives without findi... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Giving into Temptation
Crawling before Running
A Global Safety Net
Confessions
Mind Games
Memories
Life and Death
Sokovia
New Beginnings
Goodbye Is Never Easy
Home
Watched
Wanted
Reunited
Fighting
Innocent
The Jade Soldier
Time Lost
Coffee and Kevlar
Civil War
A Place For Criminals
A Second Chance
Putting Down Roots
As Long As We Both Shall Live
A Love Lost, But Not Forgotten
Wake Up James
Orders
I'm Right Here
The Call
Children of Thanos
The Mind Stone
The Calm
Time Stands Still For No Man
Phoenix
Endgame
Everything Has Changed
A Final Goodbye
A New Beginning
One More Time
My Soulmate
What The Fuck?
Hostile Territory
Is Now A Good Time?
Therapy
Rediscovering You
An Old Friend
Hypothetical
Airplanes, Arguments and Allies
Breaking Point
Finding The Way Back
Playing God
Responsibilities
X-Gene
Feels Like Home
Remember Me
Unstable
You'll Die Too
Not His Woman, His Child
Lust and Trust
Rules
Rejection
Reconnect
Baby Blues
Back to Business
New Information
Kinks
Again
Distracted
Truth Time
P.E.G.A.S.U.S.
Back To Basics
Unbroken
Wife
Keeping Tabs
An Old Enemy
Target Practice
Vows
Level Up
Roadtrip
The Plan
Not The Plan
Making It Right
Mission Prep
A Bargin
Welcome Home Captain
The Rescue
An Eye For An Eye
Finding A Way Back
Epilogue

I Didn't Get To Say Goodbye

119 5 1
By Dani20sma11z

Wakanda, Africa. September 2018.

Ana stands with the rest of the team on the hill over looking the row of alien ships. Save looks over to his wife. "You fight like hell, you hear me."

Ana nods, hands in position. Ready to produce a fireball.

She looks at him, "Hey Cap. I love you."

Steve abandons his spot in line, and grabs Ana's face. "Fight like hell baby." He tells her again. He kisses her hard. "I love you." He grabs her hand as they wait for something to happen. Refusing to leave his wife's side.

The troops stand atop the hill as the doors of the space ships rise, releasing hoards of aliens. Thousands run towards the dome protecting the city, throwing themselves on it. James and Ana's eyes meet before he starts firing at the creatures that survive the force field. The aliens begin circling the dome, when T'Challa orders the barrier to be removed. Keeping the aliens in front of them instead of allowing them access to Vision and Wanda in the tower. Shuri still struggling with the pain staking process of removing the stone. Creatures pour in through the opening.

T'Challa yells "Wakanda forever" before charging towards the aliens. The army begins charging after him. The two sides meet in a clash of metal and flesh. Steve glances over and sees Ana flip through the air before ripping open the mouth of an alien and shoving a fire ball inside it. She dives and rolls away, engaging another creature. Sliding under it and stabbing it. Ripping it open. She looks over to James as an alien knocks the gun from his arm and crash on top of him. He starts slashing at it with a blade. "James!" Ally screams and casts a ray of fire energy at the creature. Killing it. "Thanks doll." She smiles at him quickly before moving on.

The army is soon completely over run by aliens. Ana looks to Steve and sees him surrounded by half a dozen creatures. Panic rips through her, fearing for him. Rhodes is knocked out of the sky by another. Suddenly a bright white light descends upon the earth in front of them. Lightening erupting from within it. Killing hundreds of aliens.

Ana stands and sees Thor, Rocket and Groot standing where the beam had been moments before. Ana's heart all but stops when she sees Thor. He looks over to her and flashes her a quick smile, his eyes glowing electric blue.

YES!!!! Ana screams, exciting radiating off of her. She would laugh if she didn't notice Steve laying on his back.

Ana runs over to him, helping him to his feet. Thor runs as he lifts off the ground, and drives lightning into the earth. Killing hundreds more creatures.

Ana erupts into flames, forcing her fire out at the surrounding creatures around her. Half a dozen explode as the energy passes through them. Ana sees Natasha is being over run.

"Sam" she hollers searching the sky for him.

"Got you." Ana sees him coming for her, she runs up to a rock formation and jumps into the air. Sam catches her around the waist.

"Thats my girl!" James hollers as Sam drops Ana into the mass surrounding Nat.

Ana sees a creature running towards James, she jumps on its back and yanks on it's head, exposing its throat. James shoots it in the throat. Ans rolls off its back as it collapses. The ground ripples and shakes under them.

"What is that?" Ana screams. As massive spinning disks break through the earth.

Wanda lands in front of Ana and Natasha, forcing the disks to stop using her powers. She lifts them and throws them behind her. Wiping out and entire section of the alien army.

"Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asks Ana.

Wanda is suddenly knocked off her feet and down into a ditch.

"You got her?" Ana yells to Natasha and Okoye as she starts running to help Steve.

"Guys Vision needs back up" Bruce yells over comms.

"Go to Vision!" Natasha yells and Ana takes off towards the forest. She runs over to Vision, she sees Steve fighting with and an alien from the train station.

"Come on, Vis. Get up." She helps him to his feet and hands him a spear. The alien throws Steve onto the ground and starts choking him.
"Steve!" Ana screams as Vision stabs the alien through he back.

She runs to Steve and helps him to his feet.

"If that was payback it was not funny." Ana scolds him.

Whats that? Steve asks. Both notice something has changed. They looks around, it's too quiet. "We have incoming" Steve says over comms.

"Ana," Steve looks at her, his eyes pleading. "Get out of here. Go find Bucky."

Ally shakes her head as she looks around. "He's here."

Thanos appears behind them in a cloud of blue and black smoke. His massive purple form dwarfing all around him. Five stones sparkle on the the gold gauntlet encasing his left hand.

Everyone starts to charge Thanos. Bruce reaches him first, but Thanos uses a stone and Bruce becomes absorbed in the rocks behind him. He picks Steve up and tosses him aside. "Steven!" Ana yells. He catches T'Challa around the throat and slams him into the ground. Ana reaches him, she sliding under his feet and push off the rocks above Bruce. Catapulting herself onto his back. She presses her hands to either side his head and presses all her power into him. Thanos reaches up and grabs her hard by the shoulder and throws her into a tree. Ana crumbles to the ground near Steve. Sam flies in, firing until Thanos disables his suit and he crashes into the ground at his feet.

Vision looks to Wanda, "We have run out of time. You have to do it." Wanda's eyes fill with tears as she forces her power into the stone, a gut wrenching cry tearing through her as she does.

James runs over, his eyes darting to an unconscious Ana, shooting at Thanos. Thanos activates the power stone, sending James flying. He lands next to Ana's unconscious body.

"Ana!" he rolls her over, blood falls from a gash at her temple. He cradles her head, urging her to wake up. One by one members of the Avengers are taken down.

Thanos come up to Wanda as she destroys the stone. He uses the Time stone and undoes the destruction. Bringing Vision back and ripping the Stone from head. Thanos places the stone in the gauntlet, the power of the universe coursing though him.

Thor lands in front of Thanos, blue lightening arching though the air around him. He uses his axe, directing lightning into Thanos. Thor throws the axe and shoves it into Thanos' chest.

"You should have gone for the head." Thanos tell him and lifts his hand. Snap. Thanos disappears.

Ana and James lean on each other to stand as Steve walks to Thor, "Where did he go?" He asks, looking around.

"Steve?" James calls out, his voice unsure and shaky, looking down. James' arm begins to turn to dust, carried away by the wind.

Ana looks over to him, "James?" Her voice full of panic, her eye brows pull together, tears threaten her eyes.

He looks at her and whispers. "Doll". Before he collapses to dust.

Ana stands staring at the spot James just was. Unable to understand what she just saw.

The dream. She saw this happening once before, the night of her panic attack. In her mind she realizes he's gone. Her eyes overflow as she falls to her knees. A gut wrenching scream erupts from somewhere inside her, the sound of her heart dying. She shakes violently, blood falls from her nose and ears. Steve runs over to her, he wraps his arms around his wife. She collapses into him, her whole body ripping apart as it starts to understand the loss. Steve tries to hold her, but the trembling of her body begins to fade.

Steve looks down to his wife a second before she looks up at him, fear in her eyes. Her legs and arms start turning to dust like James did. She clutches at her stomach, where their baby no longer exists. Tears fall from her eyes, down her cheeks.

No... no... no. Ana!! Please God... no. Steve begs, watching her disintegrate in his arms.

I love... you... she breathes her last breath. His hand moves to her cradle her cheek as she disappears. Steve stares at the space where his wife was moments ago, unable to breathe, to move, to think. Grief washes over him, she's gone. The love of his life, his reason for living. Gone. A silent scream forces it's way out of Steve's chest, his head falls back. His hands tremble violently when he brings them to his face, clawing at his hair. Steve falls back, his body failing to hold his own weight, devastation setting in.

Natasha, Thor and Bruce walk over to him, joining him on the ground. Sam, Wanda, T'Challa, Okoye, James, Ana. Gone.

They lost. They all lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry guys! I know. I know. It broke my heart to write this scene. Bare with me... it's not over yet. 

Thanks for reading and sticking me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 619 17
Steve Rogers thought he was one of the lucky ones but Natasha Romanoff, well, she thought that she was terribly misfortunate and she would love to ki...
20.8K 1.2K 11
Having a soulmate was never something that (Y/N) believed in, especially after meeting and falling for Tony Stark. But then Bucky Barnes returned to...
19K 339 13
Them: 2 HOT best friends with different pasts. Her: a sassy, homeless girl that locked her feelings away. °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°...
79K 1.8K 20
He's the one you love but you can't have him. That only makes you want him more y/n and Bucky Barnes have always been best friends. You've always bee...