The Doctor, The Billionaire...

By MeganWriter

Faye Anderson is an OB/GYN who loves her job more than her social life, that is until one expected night chan... More

Be Social
Trouble Comes Knocking
You Never Called
Irateness and Incompetence
Something to Say
Hold Me Forever
I'm in Trouble
She Knows
Who is Colton?
The Normal Dr. Anderson
Anxiety Inducing
Bad Friend
The Rents'
Pain
He's Home
Death Wish
Dramatic Entrance
Facing Them
Overbearing Danger
Don't Be a Hero
Its Only Pain
The Blame
How to Move On
Blinding Sorrow
The Gift of Life
Namesake
At Home
Holy Matrimony
Wedding Blues

House and Home

663 30 5
By MeganWriter

Hey y'all! This is more of a filler chapter, so sorry its kinda boring but I added some sweet moments! I know where I want the story to go, its just a matter of finishing it now and I'm so excited! I hope you enjoy!!

**********

"Faye, wake up." I hear, as someone gently nudges me.

I open my eyes, shrinking away from the lights before coming to face Colton again, remembering I'm still in the hospital.

"You're good to go. Do we need to grab anything from your office before we head home?" He asks.

I shake my head no. "No, everything I need is in my backpack, which I took on rounds with me."

He simply nods before helping me stand up from the bed and handing me my scrubs to put back on.

"Do you feel strong enough to change by yourself?" He asks softly.

"Yeah I feel a lot better than when I woke up the first time. I need to use the restroom too so I'll be right back."

"Leave the door unlocked." He says as I enter the ensuite to the hospital room.

I turn around and huff. "They don't lock, what kind of hospital do you think this is? One where patients can lock themselves in the bathroom?"

He simply rolls his eyes as I shut the door behind me.

When I turn around towards the sink I wince as I catch my reflection in the mirror. My hair is still in the ponytail I had put it up in this morning, but it looks like I stuck my hand in a light socket.

Allowing my eyes to move to the gash and bruising on my head, I have to fight to hold back another wince. How Cotlon didn't run screaming for the hills when he saw me is beyond me. The cut looks angry and is surrounded by dark purple bruising that stretches from my hairline all the way to my right eyebrow.

Deciding to do something about my hair, I carefully pull out the ponytail and regather my hair, putting it back up so random strands are no longer sticking up in every direction.

After I finish with my hair I quickly use the restroom and change back into my scrubs which have some blood on them, which I assume is from my nice head injury. Head wounds bleed a lot, and I can't help but be thankful I didn't have to see the aftermath of my fall.

Making my way out of the bathroom, I grab my jacket from Colton which luckily hides the blood stain. I know it's a hospital but I'd rather not let the imagination of our patrons run wild about my appearance.

Before I even have a chance to grab my bag, Colton grabs it for me, giving me a look that says "I dare you to fight me on this."

I decide it's probably best to keep my mouth shut about that. Grabbing my phone, I see Dr. Fanning has texted me the room they moved Andy to.

"Hey, before we go can we go see Andy? I told her I would come see her later and I don't want her to think I just abandoned her."

Colton nods, placing a kiss on my cheek before I lead him towards the elevators and up to the 12th floor from our 7th floor.

When I arrive at Andy's room I make Colton wait in the hall, unsure how she'll react to a stranger being with me.

When she sees me her eyes widen in surprise at my head.

"Dr. Anderson what the hell happened to you?" She asks, and I have to hold back a laugh.

"I fought a desk and lost." I say, and she laughs before grimacing in pain, making me feel guilty.

"Sorry." I say frowning.

She shrugs. "It's okay, you're just too funny." She says, giving me a small smile.

I smile in response. "Anyways, I just wanted to come check in and talk to you about what happened about our plan for when you're released." I say before pausing for a second. "I was finishing up rounds today and I turned too fast toward the computer and passed out and hit my head on the desk on the way down. Since it's already probably spreading like wildfire, I'm pregnant." I say, giving Andy a small smile.

"Oh my gosh Dr. Anderson I'm glad you're okay, and I'm so happy for you!" She says, giving me a smile, and then looking at me apprehensively.

"Are you sure you want me to stay with you? You have a baby on the way and I don't know what Michael is capable of at this point. There's no doubt in my mind he wants to hurt me again." She says, looking at her hands in her lap.

"Andy, please call me Faye, I've been trying to get you to do it since I started here." I say, giving her a small smile. "I want you safe, and he barely even knows who I am. I think staying with me will be your best option."

"I don't want to be a burden." She says quietly.

I swallow before speaking again. "I promise you won't be, I already talked to my... partner and he agrees and is totally okay with you staying with us. He's out in the hall since I tried to fight that desk earlier. Would it be okay for him to come in and meet you?" I say, deciding partner sounds more serious and adult than boyfriend, especially considering we're having a baby together.

Andy still looks apprehensive but she nodgs agreeing, and I go to get Colton who enters still holding my backpack.

"Hi Andy, it's nice to meet you, although I'm sorry it's under these circumstances." Colton says softly.

"I'm sorry Faye, I can't do this to you. I can't intrude on you both like this and stay with you." Andy says, tears falling from her swollen and bruised eyes.

I go to speak to reassure her again but Colton interrupts me. "I've been living with Faye the past few months and have basically moved out of my house, why don't you stay there? It has state of the art security systems." Colton says, and it takes everything in me to keep my jaw from dropping.

Andy goes to object before Colton speaks again. "Faye obviously really cares about you and is really worried about you, I know it would make her feel better to know you were somewhere safe. Anyone who Faye cares about is someone I care about too." He finishes.

I know he's just a good person and not trying to go for brownie points, but damn is he winning them.

Andy sits for a few seconds before nodding in agreement, bringing a smile to my face.

"Thank you both, I'm so sorry." Andy says, choking out a sob.

I move to carefully hug her and rub her back. "We're going to help you in any way we can, Andy." I say, pulling myself from her.

After a few more minutes we leave so Andy can get some rest, making plans to pick her up and take her to Colton's house when she's discharged. They're still unsure on when that will be, but it won't be more than a couple days.

I feel guilty that I won't be visiting her again while she's staying there but both Colton and her ganged up on me saying I needed rest and she was sure plenty of the other residents were going to come in and bug her.

She didn't seem to mind the fact that her co-workers now knew what was going on with her, in fact she seemed almost freed knowing she finally has the support to get away from her piece of shit husband.

When Colton and I finally arrive back at my place he makes a comment about having someone get my car and I can't help but roll my eyes. I don't even want to think about how much he's paid in lost ticket fees since meeting me.

As much as I want to sleep, Colton ushers me into the kitchen to get something to eat, even though he made me eat at the hospital earlier. Thankfully, he only makes me choke down some toast before allowing me to crash.

**********

I groan as the ringing of a cell phone wakes me up. I presume it's Colton's since the hospital is "not allowed to contact me under any circumstance" under orders of Dr. Liz Fanning. I roll out of his arms so he can grab his phone off the nightstand, but he doesn't stir.

Annoyed, I get ready to give him a less than nice shove when I realize it's actually my phone ringing. I huff turning toward the nightstand on my side of the bed and picking up my phone, and my heart skips a beat when I realize it's my brother calling.

"Roman? Is everything okay?" I ask, not bothering to hide the panic in my voice.

"Yeah Faye! Why? Did I wake you up? Since when do you take naps on Mondays?"

My eyes widen and I pull my phone away from my ear to check the time.

I bite my lip before responding. "Since I was on call this weekend" I say, lying through my teeth.

And since I got pregnant, and also passed out and smacked my head at work but he doesn't need to know either of those things yet.

He hums in response. "Anyways, I have big news! We finished up our research! I'm coming back to Austin this Saturday!"

My jaw drops, and I move to sit on the side of the bed.

"I assume that means you'll be staying with me until you find an apartment?" I ask, my nerves sky rocketing.

"Sorry little sis, I will be crashing in your guest room for a couple weeks."

I hum, thankful Andy is going to be staying at Coltons while trying to figure out how to break the news that I currently don't just have a boyfriend, but a live-in one at that. At least I can tell him about the baby in person.

"So you're of course welcome to stay here and I'm really excited for you to come home, but things are going to be a little different when you come home... I currently have a boyfriend and he's living with me." I say, cringing at the anticipation of Roman's reaction.

"You have a boyfriend?! And he lives with you?? Why didn't you tell me? I know we don't talk on the phone a ton but a text would have been nice when you knew you were getting serious with this guy." My brother says, clearly a bit aggravated.

"I'm sorry." I say genuinely. "Things have been moving so fast for the past few months with work that I didn't realize how much had changed until now." I finish, only half lying.

He sighs. "I'm happy for you Faye, I just feel like I've missed so much in the last year."

I nod in understanding, forgetting for a second he can't see me through the phone. "I know it's been hard on you, Roman, but I also know you're extremely proud of the work you do."

He agrees with me, and we spend the next 30 minutes catching up before he has to hang up and go to his final team meeting. He only threatens Colton once, which makes my eyes roll hard. I survived medical school, I definitely don't need my older brother harping on any guy interested in me.

I turn and set my phone back on the nightstand and almost jump out of my skin when Colton speaks.

"Your brother's coming home?" He asks groggily.

"Jesus Christ Colton!" I say jumping and turning towards where he lays, his arm across his eyes. "I thought you were dead asleep through that whole thing."

He chuckles before grabbing me and pulling me onto his chest.

"He's not gonna try and fight me because we're living together, right?"

I shrug. "He's protective but not confrontational so you're good, although we still have to tell him about the baby. Good news for you is if he breaks your face, I happen to know some very good plastic surgeons."

I can feel his laugh roll through him as he pulls me closer, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"How are you feeling?" He murmurs, tracing his hand around the few stitches just below my hairline.

"All things considered, pretty good. My head hurts but it's not unbearable. I think my ego is more bruised than my head. I can't believe I ate shit in front of my entire team today." I say grumpily.

"In your defense it's not like you could help it. I'm pretty sure this baby is going to come out looking like a parasite, stealing all your nutrients."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, and now everyone is going to treat me like I'm breakable for the next 20 weeks."

Colton's hands move down to my stomach at this, lightly caressing the noticeable bump I've been sporting since week 17. I was thankful no one could see it in my scrubs, but that seems mute right about now.

"You're not breakable Faye, they know that. You're going to have to cut back, and you know that. You need to trust your team and let them help you."

I sigh, knowing he's right, but not wanting to admit it out loud.

Colton seems to notice this and chuckles. "Well, we should probably feed you and parasite before I let you fall back asleep again."

"Colton if you don't stop calling this baby a parasite I will kick you out."

Colton simply laughs, getting out of bed and heading to what I assume is the kitchen.

I stay in bed, finding my mind drifting to Andy. I fear that she won't be able to heal until he's behind bars, and who knows when that will be.

I continue to let myself spiral, finally interrupted by Colton with a sandwich and some chips.

We make small talk as I eat, and I feel full after half a sandwich considering how sick I've been the past few months. He finally relents on me finishing my plate and finishes off my sandwich and chips before taking the plate back to the kitchen. When he returns he looks a bit nervous.

"What did you do?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

He shrugs. "I found a house." He says, and I smile.

"Why are you nervous about it?" I ask, confused.

"I think it's perfect and I'm afraid you won't like it." He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"Lemme see it pretty boy." I say and he laughs, pulling out his phone and showing me the most gorgeous house I've ever seen.

I quite literally have to stop the tears from falling as he scrolls through the pictures of the house. It's definitely bigger than I would have suggested but it has everything we're looking for, plus the perfect location between his offices and the hospital.

"It's gorgeous, we need to put in an offer right away!" I exclaim, wincing as my elevated voice makes my head pound.

"I um, I already bought it." Colton says, and the amount my eyebrows raise makes me wince in pain again.

"That's why you were nervous you ass! You bought it without asking me!" I huff.

"Yeah but I was 99% sure if you didn't like it I could still convince you with promises of a remodel." He says, and I laugh.

"You got lucky." I say, rolling my eyes.

"I know." He murmurs, before taking my lips with a sweet and slow kiss.

He pulls back and stares at me, frowning when his eyes glance over the stitches on my head.

"You need to stop scaring the crap out of me Faye, I don't think my heart can take it anymore." He says, his frown deepening.

I sigh. "It's not like I do it on purpose." I say softly.

He nods. "I know... I love you. I love you so much it scares me. It especially scares me how hard this pregnancy has been on you." He says softly.

I don't even try to stop the tears from falling down my face. "I love you too, and I promise it will get better. Baby just hasn't gotten the memo that morning sickness was supposed to end weeks ago."

He chuckles before kissing me again.

We lay there for a while in our bliss before a phone interrupts us, and this time it's his. He excuses himself to take the call so I can get some more rest.

I fall asleep wondering how I got so lucky, and how my life could have changed so much in this short amount of time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 177 50
❝ sometimes love isn't exactly what we think it's going to be. ❞ hearts & other breakable things by cassidy smith [ started: 2019 - 2021 ] [ edited...
197 19 17
Amelia Nicholes is a medical intern who is very dedicated to her profession. She is preparing for her first day, when she meets a handsome stranger i...
Not His Kid By Liz

General Fiction

439K 13.6K 21
Leona Davis loves babies. As an OBGYN doctor, she's made it her life to see new life being born. What started out as normal day turned out to be anyt...
23.1K 792 27
love story between a doctor and a childish girl.