The Chosen One

By DV_tweetsie

This is a complete fictional story that happens in the alternate timeline and universe having no resemblance... More

Prologue
Chapter-1 Their first meet
Chapter 2 - Kulu kulu venpani pola
Chapter 3 - Thread of magic
Chapter 4 - Sivaangi ma
Chapter 5 - Inimel Dhaan
Chapter 6 - Will you?
Chapter 7 - And the game begins
Chapter 8 - Past and Present
Chapter 9 -Beach, beach, beach
Chapter 10 - The colors of Magic
Chapter 11: Ashwineyy, the Cooker
Chapter 12 - Tough love
Chapter 13 - Gift from the universe
Chapter 14 - The puzzle pieces
Chapter 15 - It's broken
Chapter 16 - All ties cut
Chapter 17 - Consent
Chapter 18 - Like parents, like daughters
Chapter 19 - It's a promise
Chapter 20 - One Father to another
Chapter 21 - Another Mother
Chapter 22-Time to heal
Chapter 23 - The challenge
Chapter 24 Wolf in sheep clothes
Chapter 25 - Romance is in the air
Chapter 26 - it's time for truth.
Chapter 27 - Heart to heart
Author's note
Chapter 28 - The word
Chapter 29 - Queen to the rescue
Chapter 30 - The Decision
Chapter 31 - Family is everything
Chapter 32 - The final knot
Chapter 33 - Trust is must
Chapter 34 - Fate's game play
Chapter 35 - Time for some reconciliation
Chapter 37 - #Ashaangi
Chapter 38 - A day before the big day
Chapter 39 - The D-day
Chapter 40 - Surprise Surprise.
Chapter 41 - The beginning
Chapter 42 - His Sun, Her Ocean
New Story Alert!!!!
Chapter 43 - His heart hers alone
Chapter: 44 - The Good in everyone
Feedback time
Chapter 45 - His achievement, their achievement
Chapter 46- Superheroes
Chapter 47 - Her concerns, his priority
Chapter 48 - Engagement
Epilogue

Chapter 36 - Time for family

2.9K 388 67
By DV_tweetsie

"Illa Sivu, let me stay at the hotel it self, I am feeling a bit awkward" Mika replied when Sivaangi asked her to live along with them at Ashwin's house, until the marriage.

"Idhula enna awkward Mika, you are my sister and Ashwin's parents are so sweet, avanga onnum solla maatanga" Sivaangi replied while packing the kids bags.

"I know, I have met his mother, she had visited us a few times when I was living in Ashwin's house, they know everything, the problem is not his parents.." dragged Mika

"Hey.. enna solra Mika? are you worried about our parents? " Sivaangi asked shocked

"I won't call it worried Mika, some unsettling feeling, not even anger, disappointment may be? I can understand why you avoided me? but them? they are my parents, evalo reasons sonnalum I am some how not able to come to peace with that. Do you know how much it hurts to have a feeling of being orphaned when you have had the most loving family? A lot, it hurts a lot" Mika said looking at herself in the full size mirror.

"Hey, un kovam, varutham, edhu naalum show it on me, I am the sole reason, please avanga paavam, I was the one who put them in that situation, forcing them to make a choice, they were cornered when the doctor's advised any agitation to my mental health can end up in an abortion. Ennakaaga and indha kozhandhainga well being kaanga dhaan they did it. Naan dhaan reason, please Mika, if you have really forgiven me, prove it by forgiving them. " Sivaangi pleaded.

Mika did not reply, but just nodded her head.

The journey back from Ooty to Coimbatore went on in complete silence, each one of them immersed in their own thoughts and kids sleeping due to over exertions.

Sivaangi's mother was busy discussing food arrangements with Ashwin's mother when they entered the house.

"Uff, you guys are finally back home safe, inimel until the wedding is done, engayum poga koodaadhu" said Ashwin's mother, lifting sleeping Mithra off Ashwin's shoulders.

"Aamam Sivu, kalyanam time la ippadi trip poradhellaam advisable illa, even if something coincidental happens, even if we don't believe in superstitions, manasu unnecessary ah confused aagum, so please don't " said Sivaangi's mother getting Nethra from her.

They waited at the entrance it self until both the grandmothers are back after leaving the kids on their bed.

"Enna angaye ninnuttu irukeenga? poi change pannitu vaanga, food ready ah irukku" said Ashwin's mother

" neenga vaanga Sivaangi amma, namakku neraya velai irukku" she added trying to pull Sivaangi's mother who was standing there frozen.

She too turned her attention properly towards the entrance and noticed Mika standing there now along with Ashwin and Sivaangi

"Ada Aathmika, vaa vaa, eppadi irukka? evalo varusham aachu paathu, ulla vaa" Ashwin's mother came forward playing the host, but Mika's eyes were on her mother.

Ashwin signaled at his mother, who in turn signaled the workers and slowly they all left the place silently, leaving the mother and daughters alone.

Mika slowly moved forward and hugged her mother tight, who reciprocated the hug with same intensity.

She couldn't speak anything, the only syllable that left her mouth was 'Amma', she just kept on repeating it again and again as she continued to hug her mother.

"Mika" came a familiar voice from behind, which made her leave her mother and turn towards its direction

"Appa!" she said in an yearning tone amidst all tears.

"Mika, needhaanada kanna, vandhutiya? " her father came near her and hugged her tight, she too dug her face deep into her father's chest hugging him back.

Sivaangi looked at this family union with equal amount of happiness and guilt.

Mika looked at her sister and signaled her to come near her, Sivaangi wiped the tears from her eyes and moved towards her parents and sister with a smile.

"Seri seri podhum podhum naanum oruthi inga irukken marandhudadheenga" Sivaangi said in a teasing tone pulling them apart.

"Parava illa, unakaaga I gave them completely for more than three years, inime enakku dhaan, ini one minute kooda unakku tharamudiyaadhu" Mika said in a challenging tone, hugging both her mother and father.

"Hey, adhellaam mudiyaadhu, three years oh thirty years oh, enakkum venum" Sivaangi said forcing herself into the group hug.

Her parents hugged them tight finally with a sense of content and happiness, their family back together, a sense of completeness replaced the void that has been filling their life for the past years. They all felt whole once again.

"Enaadi idhu mudi poora ippadi sembatta maari panni vetchurka? naan kooda irundha varaikum eppadi irundha mudi ippadi keduthu vetchurkka, enna fashion kandraaviyo" sighed her mother first time noticing her daughter's hair.

"Paah, vandha ponnu eppadi irukka enna, oru question illa, direct ah thitta dhaan thonudhu illa? I missed this so much amma, indha care, indha urimaya thitradhu, next day shoot irukunnu solliyum thara tharnnu izhuthutu poi, thala poora enna vetchu massage panradhu, I missed everything, I missed you" Mika said with a smile

"Adhukkenna, aye Sivu, poi andha enna bottle eduthutu vaadi" her mother immediately replied in a teasing tone.

"Ayiyo aala vidu ma, uyira vittu set pannirkka hair idhu, en stylist kondruvaan enna edhavadhu aachuna" replied Mika in pleading tone creating a wave of laughter in the room.

"Mika, unakku mela guest room ready pannirken, your luggage are already there, nee anga poi fresh aagittu vaa ma" came Ashwin's mother's voice.

"Thanks Aunty! I will use that room for now, but night I am sleeping with my parents" replied Mika

"Ennadhu? no.. appo naanum" Sivaangi whined

"Hey, nee poi un kozhandhainga kooda illa unakku sikkirkkey oru adimai avan kooda poi thoongu, today naan mattum dhaan amma appa kooda" replied Mika sternly.

"Palla odaipen kazhudhai, enna mariyaadhaai illama Ashwin eh avan, ivan, adimai ellam solra?" retorted Sivaangi's mother.

"Hello unga maapilai gethellaam nengale vetchukonga, enakku avan good friend first, a good well wisher, apporam dhaan indha thangachi husband mannangatti, mattai ellaam" Mika replied strongly getting a hit from her mother.

"Ennadi Sivu iva unna maari aagitta? ivalavadhu uripadiya irukkannu ninachu sandhosha pattene, kadavule pethadhu rendum ippadi rowdy ah aagiduchey eshwara" her mother fake complained to the god instilling laughter every where.

They were all at the dinner table when Mika re introduced the topic again.

"En Ashwin, after marriage do you expect me to address you with respect? " Mika asked sincerely

"Akkavum, thangachiyum enniku respectful ah address pannirkeenga ippo panna?" Ashwin replied in a teasing tone.

"Hey, ava ketta avakitta mattum reply pannu, edhukku enkitta vara? " Sivaangi argued with a fake anger.

"Yen madam romba ozhunga? do you remember what happened when you once came to visit me on my movie sets?" Ashwin asked with a single raised eyebrow while drinking the soup from his bowl.

"Illaye, marandhiduchu, seri vera edhavadhu pesalaam, Mika, are you leaving immediately after the marriage? " Sivaangi asked, visibly trying to change the topic making Ashwin chuckle

"Eii, enna topic change panriya? enna nadandhichunu sollunga Ashwin" exclaimed Sivaangi's father getting a death stare from his daughter.

"Ayo Appa, uncle, aunty irukaanga" Sivaangi snarled at her father between her teeth

"Oh, engalukkaaga yosikaadheenga, even we are eager to know what happened, nee sollu Ashwin" encouraged Ashwin's mother

Sivaangi bowed down with her hands on the back of her head while Ashwin started narrating what happened.

"I was shooting for the so and so movie at Prakash studios, madam visit panna vandhirndhaanga, scheduled time vida shoot konjam delay aagiduchu, semma gaandu madamkku. She was sitting in the visuals room, where the director and cinematographer re run the scenes before closing for the day, I came there and she started yelling at me" Ashwin said

"Dei Ashwineyy, enna vilayadriya, evalo neram wait panannum unakku? periya hero aagitta periya ivannu ninappa manasula, ennkitta adhellaam nadaakaadhu therinjukko, enakku nee first boy friend apporam dhaan indha hero ellam purinjidha? innoru vaati ippadi pannine, kalleduthu mandaya udachiduven therinjuko" Ashwin repeated Sivaangi's words

"Ayo oru word marakaama appdiye exam answer repeat panraa maari panraare" Sivaangi mumbled.

"Idhula enna biggest twist na" Ashwin dragged looking at Sivaangi who immediately lifted her head and begged him not to continue.

But Ashwin ignored her pleading and continued

"The microphone in the room was on and almost whole set heard her!!" Ashwin finished

"Ahiooo!" Sivaangi whined and looked down unable to look at his parents or hers who were looking at her with a tease and shock mixed look.

"Kozhandhainga azhara maari kekala?" she said immediately getting up from the table

"Kekalaye" everyone replied at once in chorus.

"Illa kekudhu, enakku kekudhu" she mumbled

"Adhellaam onnum kekaadhu, they are in the lawn playing under Vasanth's supervision" Ashwin's mother replied sarcastically, making her sit down

"Hello enna ellarum kalaikureengala, en Ashwin naan eppadi venaalum koopduven, dei koopuduven, vaada koopduven.. adhu ennoda rights, summa tease pannadheenga" Sivaangi retorted with pride, her head held high

"And my rowdy don is back!!" Ashwin declared proudly creating a wave of laughter among everyone seated there.

Author's note:

A simple fun and slightly emotional chapter to enjoy the family reunion.

Hope you all like it.. or not?

Let me know your thoughts and opinions in comments and your love as always via votes.

Also note that I am taking my covid booster shot tomorrow and hence the updates may or may not be there for next few days depending on my side effects.

Love,

DV

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 14.8K 92
Ashwin a introvert guy... Became a loner after his first love 💖"KANMANI"💖. He was completely shattered after kanmani's death, his world became blur...
30.1K 2.1K 66
A coddled little princess of the family A firstborn son, burdened with considerable responsibilities. A rebellious bad-boy prince, ready to wait and...
59.2K 4.1K 38
Hi guys.... I'm an amateur writer.... so please forgive my flaws... this is the story about 2 innocent souls who are married out of compulsion.... a...
160K 21K 54
When fate entwines the life of two polar opposites in its own sadistic yet magical way, a beautiful love story unfolds. This is the story of Ashwin...