Montgomery | The Society

By aviannna

The Montgomery siblings have always had each other no matter what. Living on their own was their thing , the... More

C H A R A C T E R S
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E VE N
T W E L V E
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N

T H I R T E E N

607 21 1
By aviannna

Juno stood outside Becca's house. She lightly knocked before the door opened. Becca smiled letting the girl in.

"Sorry for just showing up." Juno smiled as Becca handed her a cup of tea.

"It's fine, I don't usually get visitors so it's nice."

Juno nodded. "Uhm, I just wanted to ask... uh well, Grizz is staying with Allie and they've got a lot going on and Harry wouldn't understand, I want to pick up a few things at home but I can't go by myself and you know Finch and so I was thinking maybe..."

Becca nodded. "Yeah, of course. I'll go with you."

"Thanks," Juno smiled.

"I have to say, you and Harry?" Becca raised an eyebrow.

"It's weird, I know." She chuckled.

"How did it happen?"

"The first night here, I think. He broke up with Kelly and I saw everything. I went over to his house that night." Becca raised her eyebrows. "Nothing happened, I swear, we just talked and slept. Eventually I got him to start talking to me besides that night. That's how it happened."

Becca nodded. "And nothing's happened since then?"

"Well, prom, but other shit happened that night."

"Right, sorry."

Juno half smiled. "It's fine, I'm okay, really."

Becca smiled. "I'm sure you are, Juno. I'll get dressed and we can head to your place."

Juno waited until Becca came out. The two girls walked over to Juno's house. They stood on the sidewalk. Juno stared at the house like she did before.

"Juno, you okay?"

Juno nodded. "Yeah, sorry."

She took a step forward until getting to the door. She took a deep breath and entered. She stared at the furniture, the memories of Finch filling her head.

"He hated this house." Juno smiled. "The first night we moved here he slept in the car, refused to even step in the here."

"That's Finch, stubborn." Becca laughed.

"And you know he wasn't all that bad. He was good."

"He was, Juno, I know that." Becca assured. "He was smart and opinionated. That made Finch, Finch."

Juno smiled before heading to her room. She packed a bag, took the note she found and stared at her pillow. Slightly looking back to make sure Becca wasn't near, she lifted and stuffed the envelope into her bag. She made her way into Finch's room to look for the first note he found. Becca stood looking around at his wall of pictures.

"I didn't know Finch had so many friends." Becca admitted.

Juno smiled. "He usually wasn't even home, always out with his friends, Tatum and Ace, I think we're there names."

Becca looked closer at a smiling Finch. "He looks so happy."

Juno looked through his drawers before finally finding a notebook under his pillow. She flipped through finding the note. Finally, Juno took the notebook and note in her bag along with the others.

"Who's that?" Becca asked making Juno join her.

"Dionne, Finch's ex-girlfriend."

"Definitely never told us about her."

Juno half smiled at Becca's reaction. "He's always been a private person. You weren't the only one out of the loop. He never told me about her either, I found out on my own."

"At least we know that didn't change."

"Very true." Juno agreed. "He liked you, you know?"

Becca shook her head. "Finch didn't like anyone."

"He's a really good actor remember." Juno smiled remembering his plays.

"Yeah, but he never... did anything to say that he did."

"Becca, as his twin sister, trust me. Finch liked you. He would talk about you in a way he never talked about anyone else."

"He did?"

Juno nodded. She nudged towards the pictures. "Have one."

"I can't." Becca shook her head.

"I won't ever come into this room, I'll never see them, they'll make me too sad. Taking one off my hands will do me a favor." Juno explained. Becca hesitatingly took one. A picture of Finch on the beach laughing. Juno smiled. "Good pick."

Juno went back to Harry's walking in to see him and Kelly talking.

"I'll come back later." Juno mumbled.

"Wait," Harry stopped her. "Stay."

Juno looked at Kelly who stared at Harry.

"He's dangerous, Harry. And if you don't tell them and something else happens... that's on you." Kelly said. She left letting Juno unpack her stuff.

"You mind if I use your closet?" She asked.

"Go ahead." He mumbled.

"Cool." She took her clothes out leaving the notes in her bag. "What's wrong?"

"I know who killed Cassandra and Finch."

Juno slowly put her bag on the ground. "Have you told Allie?"

"No, not yet."

"But you told Kelly?"

"I did, I didn't know who to tell. I didn't know where you were."

"I get it, you found the someone who'd listen. You guys have a past, it connects you." Juno reasoned. She didn't expect him to tell her everything, they weren't together, they were just living together. "You should probably tell Aliie or someone."

"Don't you want to know who it was?"

Juno looked down. "I'll find out eventually, besides, it's not like knowing who it was is gonna bring him back."

"Juno, I'm sorry." Harry looked at her. He felt guilty. He knew that in a way this was all his fault. Juno looked at him.

"Don't do that, don't feel sorry for me. Everyone else is doing it right now and... I really can't take anymore of it. Promise, you won't pity me?"

Harry hesitantly nodded. "Promise."

Later, Juno made her way over to Allie's house. She knocked but didn't receive an answer. She knew they were home, someone was always home.Juno could hear the mumbles of their conversation. She turned the knob on their door only for it to be unlocked.

Juno's footsteps caused them to look up. "Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt, I need to talk to Allie."

The two girls walked outside.

"What's up, Juno? Everything okay?"

Juno nodded. "Yeah, everything's good. I just... I was hoping you could leave Finch out of the trial."

"Juno, the evidence-"

"Use it, if you have to that's fine but I would really appreciate it if you just didn't mention his name. You know, he didn't like that kind of attention." Juno explained.

"Okay, I'll talk to Gordie."

"Thanks Allie." Juno hugged her.

Juno laid beside Harry, both unable to fall asleep. Juno trying to understand why Dewy killed her brother. And Harry beating himself over the fact that he knew what happened.

"Juno?" He whispered.

"Yeah?"

"There's something Dewy said... about Finch." She turned to face him, taking the pillows that usually separated them and moving them out of the way. He looked at her, her eyes saddened and curious.

"Tell me."

"He didn't mean to get Finch. He assumed Cassandra was alone and-"

"That's it. That's all I want to hear." She slightly turned her head.

"There's more..." Juno reconnected her eye contact. "He did it because he thought it's what I wanted."

"You wanted Cassandra dead?"

"No, no one deserves to die. I was annoyed with her rules but I didn't want her dead." Juno looked back up, staring at the ceiling. They sat in silence.

"I don't blame you, if that's what you think." She mumbled.

"You don't?"

"You can't control what other people do, Harry. Dewy did what he did because it's what he thought was right, it wasn't but I can't blame you for his mistakes."

"Juno..."

"Stop blaming yourself and go to sleep. You get grumpy when you don't get a full nights rest."

He chuckled slightly putting his arm behind her. She scooted closer placing her head on his chest.

Hey! I'm back for another update!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter and happy holidays!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 259 7
this is my first book :) started - september 12, 2020 ended - february 17, 2021 this is a cringey book !!
974K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
122K 2.2K 25
HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE "what do we do now?" i asked him slightly confused RIDE INTO THE DANGER ZONE he looked at me with a wide smile "i say w...
111K 3K 23
𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑. ❝ we only ever have so much time until the act is up, and we're gone. ❞ 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐁𝐎𝐑 - 𝐃𝐀...