E I G H T

Juno walked trying to distract herself

Juno walked trying to distract herself. From a small distance she noticed Grizz and his friends.

"Grizz!" She ran up to him. "Where have you been?"

"Where have you been?" He mocked. She immediately smelt the beer on him. She'd never thought she'd miss the smell of beer. Juno didn't know if her life was better or worse now that her mom was gone. It felt good looking after only yourself but she couldn't shake the feeling of something constantly missing. His arm wrapped around her shoulder as he lead her to the church, where they were heading from the start.

"Grizz and Juno, am I missing something?" Luke raised his eyebrows at them slight smirking.

The two laughed. Juno knew Grizz more than she knew herself and vice versa, they both knew nothing would ever happen between them. Apart from their first kiss sophomore year but it was purely experimental for Grizz, and Juno knew that.

"No, you're not, Luke." Juno assured. "I'm not Grizz's type."

Grizz nudged her glaring at her. She giggled immediately silencing herself as soon as the church doors opened and Cassandra walked out. The group stood in the back, listening as Helena continued.

"Because, getting drunk and, I don't know breaking thinks, it might makes us feel good in the moments but in the long run? It's making us feel worse."

Finch left Sam in his dad's office and wandered around. All this time in West Ham and he'd never been here. He thought of all the conversations that must've happened, all the decisions they must've made. And now here they were a bunch of idiotic hormonal teens running around. He made his way to the secretary's desk and sat on the leather spiny chair. He fumbled through the unorganized papers until reaching upon one. An envelope with a sticky note on it; From Lisa Montgomery. His fingers slipped through and ripped open the paper.

Doug Eliot,

Thank you for the loan, my family wouldn't have been able to move here with out it. You or Lynette haven't returned any of my calls. I know you want nothing to do with me but please I just need to explain myself. I need you to understand what happened that night. It wasn't intentional, I never meant hurt to Malcolm. Please, write back or call.

Lisa Montgomery.

Finch stared at the paper as if it would answer the questions running through his head. Why was his mom writing to Doug Eliot? Who even was Doug Eliot? And when was she sober enough to even write this? He sure as hell knew it wasn't anywhere between the last three years they were here.