Fireball || Derek Hale [1]

By Ashlinized

"It ain't about how hard you can hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." -Rocky B... More

Summay/Disclaimers!!
Playlist
1. Flicker
2. Paradise
3. Livin' La Vida Loca
4. Can't Get Enough
Facts About Me (P.I.M.P.)
5. Novacane
7. Pyramids
8. Young Forever
9. Only One
One Shots!
10. Blessings
11. Superstar
12. Blame Game
13. Know Yourself
14. Energy
15. How About Now.
16. Connect.
17. Lean On
18. M.A.A.D City
19. Poetic Justice
20. 10 Bands
21. Wu Tang Forever
22. Homecoming.
23. Fire Squad
24. Runaway
25. Epilogue

6. No Church For The Wild

70.3K 1.6K 1.9K
By Ashlinized

The downfall to this dream starts with my past.

A past not long ago.

My black converse stomp across the moist dirt and crushed leaves, I walk aimlessly through the preserve. Humming quietly, a smile plastered on my face. I have no clue why I smile or why I hum, it seems not to be me doing it though. I don't feel like myself, even when I know I'm pushing my body through miles and miles of terrain I can still sense something else telling me to do it. The night sky is dark, almost black while the moon still shines with a glow. I feel at home there, even with so much space between civilization and I.

Then I arrive to a clearing, and it feels like all hell breaks loose. What amounts of animals I could hear running past me or crickets singing away stopped, and I came back. What sense of happiness and faith I had once towards this forest is gone, replaced by paranoia and fear. I look down at myself to notice I'm once again wearing the white top and sweats the alpha bit me in. How is this possible? I threw all this away days ago.

"What..." I trail off, standing in the middle of the one spot with open sky, directly underneath the moonlight.

I can't finish my comment because crying and screaming ensues, so loud it rings in my ears and drops me to the ground. My knees scrape against the floor roughly.

"Please stop," I scream," stop it!"

But it doesn't, it goes on and on until I've felt tears drop relentlessly on the ground and my body start to shake with sobs.

It's then I notice and pay attention to the yells and cries.

Everyone I know.

All of them.

Screaming in agony like they are being torn to shreds over and over, some of them even taunt my name. Plead for me to help.

"Listen to them!" Someone yells over the screams both theirs and mine.

I refuse at first, only pressing my hands tighter against the sensitive drums in my ears and trying to think of a better place like I had been taught once.

The volume raises, until it's stinging at my eyes and chocking away the air I breathe.

I finally drop my hands, against every fiber of my being telling me not to, I listen.

The volume of screams drops, but that voice booms,"Save the ones you can in the destruction with the purest form."

She, whoever she is, seems to be projecting from every angle of the trees. Call me crazy but the trees seems to be screaming at me, her feminine voice filled with authority. I don't know her voice, never have in my life.

I dare to mumble aloud," save who? What can I do?"

It's quiet, dead silence, even the blood rushing in my ears is silent but she answers within moments and I regret it all.

"Save the ones you can in the destruction with the purest form," she mumbles once more.

Lydia screams startles me, and I jump when something's thrown into the clearing, I soon realize it's not just something, it's somebody.

"Lydia!" I scream and run towards my best friend. Her pale skin is stained with blood and she's barely able to move. I see dark cuts and bruises everywhere, crimson coming out in heaps from every ripped apart piece of her body as I gather her in my arms.

"Save her!" She yells, whoever she is, from the trees.

I pull the one girl who could help me right now close to my arms," how do I help her!"

But there is no answer and I have to watch the blood drain from Lydia's pale green eyes, they don't move from me the entire time her life does away.

"Please no!" I whisper. What can I do! How do I save her!

I try to close her wounds with my hands, pushing my supernatural abilities to save her. There's nothing that I can do though, no matter how much I growl out like a werewolf or flash my eyes silver.

Lydia dies. Pale green eyes wide open but consumed in death.

She disappears straight into thin air the second her body goes cold, my arms dropping into my lap.

A male voice then screams and one again drops in front of me, its Jackson. Exactly like Lydia he's coated in his own blood and is unable to move or speak.

"Save the ones you can in the purest form," her voice screams out once more.

But I don't know how, I can't decode her message no matter how much I try. I can't push open whatever I need to release in order to save him. So I just hold him, my salty tears mixing with his blood.

He dies, goes cold in my arms, and disappears.

And the routine begins once again, Scotts thrown into my arms next, mangled and bloodied.

Stiles.

Allison.

Derek.

I cry for everyone of them and try my hardest to save them all but there's no hope. I can't do them. I can't.

I feel bloodied and suffocated, like my own life's draining out of me even though I don't have a single drop of blood on me. Her voice rings back every time, repeating the same phrase over and over.

None of it makes sense and none of it helps, it just plunges me further into lunacy.

I feel destroyed and ripped apart, scattered all over the floor as I watched my friend die. The screams never stopped, all continuing up until Derek's forest green eyes go out.

Once again it goes dead quiet, my sobs only heard.

"Save the ones you can in the purest form..."

It stops there because I'm continuously shaken in my slumber, it's not from the sobs or from the terrible dream. It's happening in reality.

"Imelda!" the person screams straight into my face.

It's Lydia, she's screaming at the top of her lungs and shaking me, grabbing at my shoulders and smacking me against the back headboard.

Once I've opened my eyes and staring at the frantic look of my best best friends expression I stop thrashing.

"Lydia," I mumble, my voice barely able to cow out because of the sobs.

"Imelda," she whispers and pulls me into a hug. She grips at my torso so hard her nails dig deep into the exposed ski of my back.

I hold her there, thankful that she isn't dead and it was a terrible dream. A very vivid one, but dream nonetheless.

I see Allison behind her, at the foot of my bed, tears streaming down her face. I feel terrible of what she's just witnessed but can't say anything, just dig my face into the pale neck of Lydia.

"You're okay," she mumbles, pressing soothing circles into my back," Allison go into the bathroom, there's a bottle of medication inside the top cabinet to the left of the sink, grab it for her along with down water please."

Allison nods and walks quietly towards the connecting ensuite bathroom, her heels clicking against the tiles floor.

Lydia pulls away and looks me straight in the face, wiping away the tears that are left over from my agonizing.

"Have they started again?" She whispers to me quickly.

I shake my head, "no, it wasn't the same dream. It felt different, almost real. I really thought I lost you Lydia, you and everyone."

Her mouth drops slightly, understanding my words.

Lydia has been there for me when these nightmares occurred countless times, before it use too be an every night thing. In the last months I had stopped having them but now I don't even know anymore.

Allison comes back, she holding a glass cup of water in one hand and an orange bottle full
of pills in the other. She's managed to wipe away any traces of tears and her hands only slightly shake. The girl is terrified, I think more so for me and what's happened, but nonetheless I've frightened her.

She smiles weakly when she's near enough and takes a seat next to Lydia,"hey, how are you feeling?"

I push tangled pieces of hair away from my face and answer," much better then a couple minutes ago. By the way, I'm sorry you had to witness that."

She shakes her head, long locks of dark hair flying around," it's okay, don't be sorry."

Her pale finger pass me the cold water and medicine to which I reluctantly uncap and drink, Lydia watches me the entire time, making sure I take them. Unfortunately, I feel as if this werewolf side of me will burn out the medicine long before it actually kicks in.

Once I've downed the last of the drink I kick off the comforter and stand, stretching out my tired body.

"I'm going to we rush my teeth," I mumble to both my friends and walk in to the bathroom.

I can hear both of them quietly whispering about me.

"What was that?" Allison asks Lydia once the waters been running from my sink.

Lydia stalls for a moment, probably looking for a plausible answer," She's having nightmares again..."

"Nightmares?" Allison continues to question.

Lydia halts before answering," yeah, she had them before. They went away eventually looks like they've come back."

They conversation cuts off them, Allison probably sensing not to push the subject. I continue to brush my teeth and then throw ice cold water onto my face. My eyes are red as ever, I can't believe that it's happened again. I really thought I had gotten rid of it.

"Imelda!" Lydia yells from my bedroom," your phones ringing! It's Scott!"

I huff and pull my hair into a ponytail," leave it! He probably just needs the chemistry work or something."

I feel like an asshole, but I don't even want to think about Scotts problems right now. I have enough of my own to think about, especially after that horrid dream. I feel like shit and I'll probably be a shit person today. I don't feel like going to school today, Lydia won't allow that though so I guess it's better I go during lunch.

I walk back into the bedroom, pulling my hair into a lose ponytail," so any reason you came to see me?"

They both notice my change in demeanor and Allison's the first to answer," Lydia thought you would want to come with us and get some early coffee before school."

It doesn't surprise me that Lydia would show up out of the blue, whenever I've had a nightmare she's arrived on my front doorstep within hours. Even that first day, when she barged into my home late at night, I had just awoken from one of the worst moments of my life. I joked to her about it once and she just shrugged it off calling it 'best friend knowledge'.

"So are you going to school?" Lydia asks me, although with her it's never a question, its me guessing the right answer.

I nod to both of them and check the numbers on my iHome dock," yeah but I think I'll show up for lunch. I kind of want to get my shit together before I walk into the sea on nosey students."

Allison laughs but Lydia stays serious, looking for any signs of deceit. She stands from the bed and brushes past me," okay but I'm picking out your outfit right now, come on Allison I'll show you her closet."

The strawberry blonde disappear behind the white double doors, I don't miss the hint of sadness behind her words.

----

Lydia says she gives me a hall pass for today outfit, although I don't really know if she knows what a hall pass is. Her definition of a hall pass involves black leggings, instead of pants, and a big burgundy sweater. Dark brown combat boots completes the outfit sitting atop my bed upstairs

"So lunch right?" Allison asks me with a hopeful smile as we walk towards the front door. School starts soon, actually in 5 minutes, but no doubt Lydia will be speeding down the streets to make it.

I nod and stretch my arms to open the door," yeah, I'll even pass by and get us something for lunch."

She smiles and walks out into the bright sun and cool temperatures that is a signature for beacon hills mornings.

Lydia steps out then," great, save me a seat."

I nod and wave them off, wait did Lydia just actually say that? I've sat with Scott and Stiles for the last couple of days, does she actually want to sit with them? Maybe it's me, she usually likes to keep a watchful eye the entire day after a nightmare.

Speaking of Scott and Stiles, my phone hasn't stopped vibrating from inside my pocket. Their countless texts and calls are greatly appreciated if they're worried about me not being at school but if it's to deal with another problem I really can't do that right now. I'll have enough people up my ass today, seeing as how Lydia will tell Jackson as soon as she sees him what's happened. Jackson being Jackson will probably spend as much time as possible with me today.

Might as well place my copies of Hoosiers and Space Jam near the theatre, and I should go get food after school. Maybe we can watch a funny movie, lord knows I need to have a good laugh.

I try not to scream, for a moment the dream swallows me whole once more. My hands begin to tremble and eyes water until I shake my head and run downstairs, towards one of the big rooms that's been designed into an office. I go into one of the wooden cabinets and pull out the big bottle of whiskey. When I've managed to yank off the black top my throat begins to burn as the hard, dark liquor runs down my throat. I swallow mouthfuls twice before capping it back up. Jackson made me promise once that I wouldn't drink without him near, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Besides I needed this more then anything right now.

Once I've locked up and set alarms I run upstairs and head towards the bathroom where a cold shower calls on me.

A small part of me is very curious to know what it is that's got both Scott and Stiles calling me like a desperate boyfriend. I'll find out later either way, although I don't know if I'll be in the mood to investigate.

I have my own little investigation going through my head right now and there's only one person who can help me. Derek Hale.

Guess I'll be stopping by the Hale house once more.

----

When I arrive to school, there's 10 minutes left before lunch. There tons of yellow police tape near a school bus and I will bet my dvd collection that this involves Scott. I manage to somehow sneak past every officer patrolling the scene with my boxes of pizza. No ones in the halls while I walk through, the lone sound of my shoes hitting the smooth floors is heard. I walk into the lunch room, where the cafeteria ladies only glance upwards to see me walk in and sit down at one of the back tables. I'm not there long thoughnow chase the bell rings quickly and soon after my friends arrive.

"Where have you been all day! And do I get a piece of pizza!" Stiles asks me dramatically as soon as he's sat down with Scott right on his tail.

I nod my head and push both pieces towards them before answering," Bad night and yes there's pineapple and veggie."

Stiles face morphs into disgust," who eats veggie."

Seriously Stiles, today you decide to make fun of my pizza.

I narrow my eyes at him," I do you little shit."

Seriously, I'm not in the mood at all. I seriously am so tired and it doesn't help that I had nightmare.

Scott surprisingly let out a little laugh even with the oh shit face he had going on.

Stiles just looked kind of shocked at the level of sass that has come out of me, take that Stilinski! You're not the only one who can deliver!

I open the box of deliciousness and grab a big piece of veggie pizza, watching as both Scott and Stiles dig into the Pineapple one.

Once the vegetables and cheese have hit my mouth and I've silently moaned at its goodness I take a deep breath and lean back; nodding at both boys," go ahead."

"Go ahead what?" Scott asks.

"Go ahead and fill me in on today's episode Werwolves R Us," I mumble lowly to both of them.

Stiles jerks forward in an excessive manner and starts," well Scott had a wild dream last night."

I look over at Scott; one eyebrow raised with a devious glance, he practically spits out the pizza at my facial expression and shakes his head," not like that!"

"See Scott," Stiles mumbles," I'm not the only one thinking that way! But anyways apparently he thought he had mauled Allison in a school bus."

I nodded," so that explains the duct tape, I knew we would have something to do with it."

Scott comments," I was practically going crazy trying to find her earlier, she wasn't answering my calls and she showed up just before the bell rang."

I nod once more in conformation," yeah because Lydia and her were both at my house."

"Anyways," Stiles cuts us off," it wasn't Allison but Scott thinks that whoever was found earlier is his fault and now he wants to question Derek."

I look at Scott," you do know that dreams aren't memories right?"

"It wasn't a dream," his shaggy hair moves to cover his eyes when he leans into the table to answer me," something happened last night and I can't remember what!"

Stiles huffs and asks," what makes you so sure that Derek has all the answers?"

Yeah really, why did I even think Derek had the answers to my conundrum?

"Because," Scott defends," during the full moon he wasn't changed, he was in total control! I was running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy!"

Over the chewing of my pizza I told him," you don't know that though!"

"I don't not know it! I can't go out with Allison I have to cancel!" He mumbles in defeat.

"No you're not canceling, you can't just cancel your entire life!" Stiles cuts back.

"Stiles is right Scott!" I say in my most hopeful voice," we will figure it out."

"Figure what out?" A feminine voice I know far to well asks when she sits next to Scott and in front of me," ooh! Veggie pizza!"

Stiles looks dumbstruck at his long time crush while Scott moves his head in the other direction, it seems like I'm the only one with a voice so I say.

"How I'm going to keep from everyone wanting a piece of pizza in this cafeteria," I answer swiftly, straightening in my chair and smiling at her.

Stiles moved close enough to my shoulder blade and mumbles," why is she sitting with us?"

Scott having the same questioning facial expression; I look at the strawberry blonde, who's taking the biggest slice in the veggie box, oblivious to us murmuring.

Shrugging my shoulders at both of them I answer, "fuck if I know, Lydia does confusing shit all the time."

And then suddenly at once, our normally empty table began to fill with others. Allison sat to Scotts right while Danny sat to my own right, greeting me with his cute dimpled smile. He was so adorable, I had talked to him a couple of time, once because he had driven Jackson to my home drunk. It was actually the funniest couple of minutes while both Danny and I moved him upstairs into my guest room while trying to deflect his shirt full of vomit. At one point we accidentally tumbled down the stairs with him and Danny got the chunks on the side of his face. Yup, Danny Mehealani and I bonded over chewed up pieces of crab and beer.

Anyways Danny sat down, murmuring a 'Hey' and asking if he could grab a slice of pizza. When I nodded and he went straight towards the pineapple pizza. Some weird lacrosse kid say at the head of the table between Lydia and Danny, smirking as he looked both my best friend and I up and down. I looked at Danny confused and he just laughed, shaking his head while the lacrosse player winked at me.

Did he... Is this dumbass actually trying to get at me? Wait, Lydia or I cause he just looked her up and down like she was a cow he was buying from the slaughter house. I swear, if looks over at me with another one of his 'sexy' stares I will claw his face, to hell if people notice me wolfing out on him or not.

"Move," Jackson tells the very same kid I was thinking of doing a Rock Bottom into the lunch table.

"How come you never ask Danny to get up!" He groans, annoyed that he's having to move away from us.

Danny is quick to get back at him," because I don't stare at his girlfriend and best friends coin slot."

The kid goes bright pink and moves faster then he was before, Lydia oblivious to it all while I tried to stop the quirky little smile.

"5 points to Danny-boy!" I whispered to the charmer next to me.

Jackson sits down, staring at me with that look only I know. He's worried out of his mind for me.

I shake my head and murmur,"not now."

Danny breaks the quietness at the table and says," so I heard they're saying it was some type of animal attack, probably a cougar."

Jackson breaks our state down, reaching over to grab some pizza and commenting," I heard mountain lion."

Lydia without looking away from her pizza cuts in intelligently," a cougar is a mountain lion."

I smile when everyone gives her a surprised look and Jackson looks baffled that his girlfriend has made him look stupid. Lydia Martin is the smartest girl I know, she's even tutored me on certain occasions.

When she notices everyone staring at her; she answers dumbly," isn't it?"

"Who cares," Jackson says bitterly," the guy was probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway."

"Wow Jackson," I mumble, bitting away at my pizza," you really know how to be sensitive."

He answers with any annoyed look and before I can roll my eyes Stiles tapping me with his hand and getting everyone else's attention," actually guys I just found out who it was, check it out."

He moves his phone so it's standing by itself on top of the pizza boxes and everyone leans in too listen.

The video begins with Sheriff Stilinski observing the scene not far from us and a voice over says," The sheriffs department won't speculate on details of the incident but confirmed the victim Garethson Meyers did survive the incident. Meyers was taken to the hospital where he remains in critical condition."

Scott suddenly looks up and says alarmed," I know this guy!"

"You do?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Yeah, when I use too take the bus back when I lived with my dad, he was the driver," Scott concludes.

Stiles and I both look at each other, wide mouthed at the newest revelation. This is worse then I thought.

"Can we talk about something more fun please?" Lydia says annoyed so she changes the subject," like... oh where are we going tomorrow night?"

She didn't just make Scott and Allison's date a double date. Oh my god Lydia.

Allison sort of chocks on her water, capping it and looking at Lydia in surprise," hmm?"

Lydia responds to her confused face," you'd said you and Scott were hanging out tomorrow night right?"

Allison looks at Scott," uhm... we were thinking of hanging out but we don't know what we were gonna do."

Stiles leans backwards, silently laughing and barely whispering," did she just say hanging out?"

I nod and move back with him, leaning against him so I can cover my laughter.

"Well I am not sitting home again watching Lacrosse videos so if the four of us are hanging out we are doing something fun," Lydia demands.

"Oh my god, this is a fucking train wreck," I murmur to Stiles, wether he heard me or not I just had to say it.

Scotts eyes flick towards me, pleading with me to get a grip on my best friend. When all I do is move my hand over my mouth he looks at Allison," hanging out?" She shrugs in response and he goes on," like the four of us? Do you want to hang out with us and them?"

"Yeah I guess, sounds fun?" Allison answers trying to cheer him up.

"You know what else sound fun?" Jackson says sarcastically,"stabbing myself in the face with this fork."

Lydia yanks it from his hands," well that's four of us if Imelda doesn't want to come..."

"Huh?" I turn serious, looking at her when everyone's eyes fall to me.

"Oh come on Imelda, I could find you a date? What do you like Lacrosse player, swimmer?" She says with a little smile.

I narrow my eyes," I would rather chug dollar liquor again then hang out."

Trust me I've drank Dollar liquor, its goes down terrible and comes back up even worse the next morning. You're basically swallowing left over penny juice.

Her smile falters, annoyed at my answer but continues and says excited to Jackson, "well how about bowling! You love to bowl!"

"She had to pick bowling," Stiles says with sarcasm.

"Yeah with actual competition," Jackson answers her.

Allison, overhearing him says," how do you know we are not actual competition? You can blow right?"

Oh this is going to get good, I can already hear Scotts heart racing at her question. Stiles and I both reach for our 2nd slice of pizza, getting comfortable as we watch this Scott McCal shit fest hit the fan.

"Sort of," Scott says, scared to answer.

Jackson moves the pizza boxes and leans forward, staring Scott straight in the eye," is it sort of? Or yes?"

With false courage Scott answers," yes! In fact, I'm a great bowler."

"Oh my fucking god," Both Stiles and I mumble.

-------

"You're a terrible bowler!" Stiles yells at Scott while we walk down the stairs; bells ringing above us, indicating it was time to get to class. I didn't think there was going to be anything making me smile but watching Scott suffer and Stiles small comments were hilarious.

"I know!" Scott yells," I'm such an idiot."

I laugh at my friend digging himself deeper into a grave of lies," god it was like watching a car wreck!"

Stiles finishes for me," first there the whole group date thing and then out of nowhere comes that phrase."

Stiles cringes, not able to say it so Scott finishes," hang out!"

"You don't hang out with hot girls! Okay it's like death! If it's hanging out you might as well be her gay best friend, you and Danny can start hanging out!" He explains, I shoot my eyebrows up at his beginning comment.

I laugh," so what you're saying is I'm not hot?"

Stiles mouth opens wide; realizing his mistake, he tries to take it back, while Scott finally gets to laugh at someone else's expense" no I mean it's different with you! You're different!"

"Really Stilinski, keep talking! I can remember all of this when I smother you with a pillow during one of our 'hang outs!'" I snap at him.

"Imelda!" He walks forward trying to say sorry, fortunately for him this is hilarious to me.

I move from his attempt at grabbing me, turning and walking backwards ahead of them smiling at him," and by the way if we 'hang out' then that means you're my gay best friend! I'll tell Danny he will be so excited!"

And walk away, smirking as Stiles groans from behind me.

Imelda 1 Stiles 0

----

The rest of the school hours I spent trying to focus on school, not the chaos that was my life and also the school bus outside. I mean honestly, can we get one normal freaking day in Beacon Hills?

When we weren't trying to keep the massive pain In the ass known as our furry secret from certain Argents or trying to figure out who the alpha was, we were running away from Derek Hale who seemed to have all the answers yet never gave us any. Well he didn't give me any as I have yet to find out what a Dea is.

Seriously, maybe I should just walk around with a big sign saying; DO YOU KNOW WHAT A DEA IS?

I should just ask Danny at this point maybe he can tell me.

I wasn't even safe inside my own dreams now, they were far too bloody and terrifying for me. When the last bell rang and other kids ran out like the flash I walked slowly, partially hearing Scott and Stiles talk. I'm pretty sure they could tell something was up; I was moping and Imelda Drake does not mope, she complains about the shit life she has until someone hands her ice cream.

So the day went on, I watched both boys play Lacrosse. Throwing gummy bears at Stiles head whenever he was sat on the bench, which was the entire time and chatting with Lydia. After the game everyone deserted me, those assholes; Lydia claimed she had a manicure appointment, Allison was spending time with her parents (not even gonna try to go with her, fuck around and end up with an arrow threw my thigh) Scott had to go to work, Jackson was prepping for swim season, and even Stiles was busy. How was Stiles busy?

So I spent the majority of the bright day driving around in my Andre, buying and eating junk food. So far I had managed to get donuts, a bacon burger, and even drove around until I found a decent sized amount of carne asada fries.

Now the sun was setting and I was facing the reality that it was time to get home, even if that was the last place I wanted to be. Jackson wouldn't show up to my house until 9 with a new bottle of vodka in his lap, that is if Lydia wasn't around.

Frank Ocean was playing loudly in my car, the fries practically choking me when I started reminiscing. That dream, it has to be connected with what's going on, one way or another. It just seemed like she wanted me to find something, she wouldn't tell me what it was but her words it was like a riddle.

Save the ones you can in the destruction with the purest form.

Scott was right, only one person has the answers.

"Dammit," I mumbled to myself, making a u- turn and heading straight for the woods.

----

Once again, I stepped out of my car and headed for the burnt remains of the Hale house. I pulled the red sweater tighter around me, I was shivering; although I didn't know if it was from the winter air or Derek Hale.

I could sense his eyes everywhere, I knew he was around. The green eyed monster known as Derek Hale was somewhere in the shadows of this place.

"Derek," I called out to him once the door was closed behind me," Derek please, something happened last night."

It was dead silent, the howls of the wind outside making the only sound.

"Why," his touch voice finally called out from somewhere near.

"Why?" I questioned and looked around," why did it happen I don't-"

"No," he suddenly appears in front of me," why should I help you when because of you and your friends I was arrested."

I bit my lip, staring at the man with a permanent frown etched on his face. As much as I hate to admit it, he is right. He had no reason to help me or Scott, none of us. I racked my brain for anything, something to make him want to help.

"I know we fucked up okay, we shouldn't have done what we did," my voice is firm, actually believing it all," but you came after us, Scott and Allison. I told you what would happen if you did that. You attacked me in my home and then let my friend get hurt by those hunters and even though we had no right in announcing your presence to them, we still didn't start this. Derek, even though we were wrong in getting you arrested you still shouldn't have threatened Scott instead of helping him."

"What makes you think I wasn't helping Scott by trying to keep him from playing?" He questions.

"All you did was tell him he couldn't play, told him what could happen but you never showed him. You never told us anything Derek, even me, and now Scott think he's attacked some innocent man on a bus while I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I am and if it's dangerous," I answer, staring at him straight in the eyes from his spot against the wall, leaning against its the black ash.

"You're not," is his only response.

"I'm not what?" Confused, out of everything that was his only reply.

"You're not dangerous," he says and stands straight, moving forward.

"Then why am I dreaming of all my friends dying?" I question," why couldn't I wake up from watching them all die? Why wasn't I able to help them? Why can't I get her stupid words out of my head? 'Save the ones you can in the destruction with the purest form' what does that even mean?"

"It means," his voice goes softer," that what you are is not dangerous, you can save lives Imelda. You aren't like us at all; not an alpha, not a beta, or an omega. What you are is far better then us."

"You mean a Dea," I mumble," if I'm not like you then why do I sound just like you with different eyes."

"You are and you aren't," he corrects himself," a Dea is a werewolf but is also a human."

"So what are saying?" He's giving me answers and I'm pushing as much as I can get.

"I mean, that were a werewolf is weak you are strong, where a human lacks you don't. You're one of a kind, nobody else will ever be like you," he details.

"Why do get the feeling there is a drawback," I mumble.

"Because there is," his voice gets cautious," you have the potential to kill all werwolves."

"What?" I mumble in disbelief.

He nods," my mother use too tell me stories of your kind, she warned us of the legends. One of them being about your death, if anyone kills doesn't matter if it's a hunter or a another thing of the supernatural. You die, we all do."

Definitely not exactly what I was expecting. Yeah this just got 10x harder.

I pull my hands through my hair and lean backwards, away from Derek's sudden invasion of space," okay, so what you're saying is that If discovered I'd go to the Argents top kill list?"

He nods," that's exactly what I'm saying. That's why you don't smell nor turn like a normal werewolf, nothing in this world can control you. You cannot be controlled."

"Okay," I mumble and look away a from him, "that's certainly gonna give me more nightmares then I need."

"Wait," Derek sniffs the air around me, and for a minute I actually think I smell bad until he's grabbing my jaw in his calloused hands and pulling me forward so his nose can sniff around my mouth. I can't breathe when his nose touches the soft corner of my cheek by accident," have you been drinking?"

I slap his hand away, heart thumping loudly against my ribs," leave it alone okay, it was a rough morning."

"So you drank to make it better?" His green eyes burn with curiosity, not moving away from our close proximity.

I narrow my eyes," you would too if you could only imagine the shit nightmare I've had."

"What nightmare?"

"The nightmare where my friends die, seriously Derek did you not just hear me say-"

"It wasn't a nightmare Imelda, it was a hint," he cuts me.

"A hint for what?" I question

"A hint to your ability," he concludes," the ability every single Dea has been heard to have. The ability to save and heal."

"What ability?"

He leans away," I've already warned you about what you are. I gave that to you but the rest isn't going to come for free."

"You can't just leave me like that!" I yell,and when he walks away I grab at his leather covered arm," what do you want? Money? Power? I can get it for you but you have to tell me!"

"I don't want any of that Imelda," he mumbles and pushes my arm off.

"Dammit Derek-" my phone rings loudly and I groan before pulling it out and checking who it is. Scotts calling me, I've missed most of his calls today so I sigh and pick it up.

"Hello?" I answer and Derek turns around, knowing fully well who it is.

"Imelda! We have to talk to Derek I'm on my way already, meet me-"

"Yeah I'm already here Scott, I'll explain why later just get here," I cut him off and answer.

-------

So apparently I wasn't the only one feeling in need of help, Scott asked Derek to help him remember if he had killed that man and also to help him control his abilities. Like me he only gave half of what was asked and said the other would come at a price. I had no clue what his price was but my gut instinct did not like them at all. His only advice to Scott was to go back to the bus and let his senses take over. Only then would he be able to remember.

Derek didn't say anything to me other then when we were leaving and quickly mumbled," be careful and stay safe."

I'm pretty sure that was to save his own ass anyways.

So now Scott, Stiles and I were on our way back to the bloody bus.

"Alright let's do this!" Stiles says excited as we all get out of the car and walk towards the gate.

"Hey no! Someone has to keep watch!" Scott tells him.

Stiles groans and his face looks mad," how come I'm always the one keeping watch!" And begins to climb the tall fence.

Scott pushes him away and down from his it," because I have to do this and someone needs to keep watch!"

Stiles starts going off irritated," why is it starting to feel like Imelda is Wonder Women, you're batman, and I'm robin! I don't want to be Robin all the time!"

From my spot high on the face I look down," sorry Stiles, next time!"

Scott looks up at me," no Imelda!" And grips my hips, yanking me off the iron gates and onto the ground softly," you need to say here too! I'll be distracted if you're there, no offense!"

I growl and both Stiles and I yell at the same time," oh my god!"

We both turn and walk the other way, towards the jeep. Once inside both of us sit there mad and irritated, honestly I don't know why I would be a distraction, plus I think it would be wise if I was there with him, incase the Alpha shows up.

"I'm Robin," Stiles continuously mumbles to himself, furious.

I turn to look at him and place a hand on his shoulder," Stiles you're not Robin, not even a little bit."

His hazel eyes look relieved," really?"

"Yes, you're not Robin. You're Batman and Scott is Superman," I assure him.

"I'm Batman!" He says happily.

"Yes now Bruce Wayne will you keep watch with Diana Prince or does she have to lookout alone?" I joke with him.

He nods and we both watch as Scott stands still before continuing to walk towards the bus where he pushes the doors and walks in. I can hear him breathing harshly and yelping a couple of times.

"Come on Scott," I mumble nervously and grip Stiles hand.

My gaze is broken when I look behind the bus and notice the headlights appearing.

"Stiles honk the horn!" I yell and push on it myself before letting Stiles doing it.

"Get in the back!" He yells at me.

Quickly I throw myself back but get stuck halfway through,"Stiles I'm stuck!"

My feet kick at something to push off from and get fully in the back.

"Imelda! Stop kicking you're going to break something! Hold on just-"

And then his hands are pushing at my legs, accidentally grabbing at my ass before pushing fully, I yell loudly. My head smacking against he back seat and cheeks going pink. Scott finally gets inside the car just as I can sit straight up.

"Go go!" Both of us yell at Stiles who is quick to drive away.

"Did it work! Do you remember!" I ask Scott, once we are safely away.

"Yeah! I was there last night! And the blood a lot of it was mine!" He manages to say over his hard breathing.

Stiles looks away from the road towards him," so you did attack him!"

"No! I saw glowing eyes on the bus but they weren't mine! It was Derek!" He tells us.

"What about the driver?" I ask him.

"I was actually trying to protect him," he answers.

"Wait, what? Why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?" Stiles asks confused.

"I don't know! That's what confuses me!" He says, truly sounding confused. So it was him, why did he help any of us?

"It's gotta be a pack thing!" Stiles goes on," like initiation! You kill together!"

I snort and roll my eyes at the ludicrous idea," yeah cause ripping someone's throat out is a real bonding experience."

"Yeah but Scott didn't do it which means he's not a killer and it also means-"

"I can go out with Allison," Scott finishes, although I doubt that's what Stiles was going to say.

Stiles looks at Scott with an annoyed expression and finishes,"I was gonna say it means you won't kill us!"

"Oh yeah," Scott agrees, "that too!"

It goes quiet in the jeep after that, until I narrow my eyes at Stiles from the backseat.

"Stiles," I grumble.

"Yes Imelda," he sounds hesitant to know what I have to say.

"You grab my ass again, and I don't care if it's trying to help me I will be the one killing you," I growl.

He nods and shrinks in the drivers seat," yeah, okay!"

And Scott just looks the other way, hiding that crooked smile.

What an asshole.

-----

Okay done! Ha! The ending was my favorite to write no lie! But yes we got a Derek and Imelda scene! There will be more to come but I just love writing bonding experiences with the boys so much!

Anyways do yourself a massive favor and check out -voidallison stories because they're seriously awesome! Tessa and Ashley make me so happy! Plus she's adorable and the cutest girl ever!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1K 36
"𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥- 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵..." "𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵?" "𝘛𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘋𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘬 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭... 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬. 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘯...
126K 2.8K 63
"All along there was some Invisible string tying you to me - derek hale x fem!oc! •++***++• Teen wolf SEASON ONE - SEASON SIX *• started: 6/26/23 *•...
687 45 39
"I get back up, that is the whole point. Always get back up and eventually, your opponent will just collapse from sheer and total exhaustion." +++++ ...
1.7K 110 9
"You know how much I hate that everybody just expects me to bounce back, Just like that" Daisy Young has always learned to survive on her...