12. Blame Game

"Why did you have to come grocery shopping with me if all you wanted was ham," Scott asks me as we walk up the stairs towards the car parking lot.

"1 because the maids forgot to get me ham and I love it so damn much it's like the one thing I can't live without and 2 because your mom likes me and thought I would watch over you so your hormonal little self wouldn't run off to feel up Allison," I simply answered, skipping as I looked around for the car.

"You couldn't have helped me with one of these bags?" He gestures down.

I briefly glance down towards his hands carrying about 15 bags and shake my head," your mom said I had to come with you, not help."

"IM CARRYING YOUR BAG!" He exclaims, gesturing towards the plastic bag full of ham.

I scoff," alright you big baby, give me my bag!"

I ha m it out of his hand and he looks at me in disbelief," really one!"

I shrug my shoulders," you were complaining about holding my bag! Now where did you park the car?"

He narrows his eyes a little before looking around," I can't remember."

Rolling my eyes I glance around," that's just perfect, okay hand me the keys."

He looks at me with wide eyes," do you think I can with all this shit in my hands Imelda?"

I narrows my eyes at his smart ass comments," well would you rather I stick my hand down your pants?"

He nods and quickly struggles to get the keys out, he succeeds and just as he goes to hand them to me the dumbass drops the milk gallon. The thing then decides to roll under a car

"Perfect," I grumble to him," I'll get it."

Scott drops the grocery bags and squats down with me," I think it's all the way on the other side..."

The thing is suddenly rolled back to us, claw marks indented into. I look at Scott once, both of us instinctively grabbing each other's hands as growls are heard. That's it, we are running off, down the empty parking lot. Scott's hand digging into my own as we run around cars. My feet skidded against the floors, running as light and fast as possible. We run until the ground starts deepening and the worlds LEVEL 3 are visible. Scott seemed to look around for a moment before shoving us behind a giant black truck, he sticks a hand over my mouth silencing my ragged breathing while I shut up and concentrate on quieting down.

Oh god, this alpha seriously can't pick better moments to attack us. Now we've left all the groceries in some unknown spot where some hobo will probably go back and eat it. That probably shouldn't be the thing I'm worrying about but honestly my heart rate needs to calm down because right now we might as well have a flashing disco ball attached to us.

We are far too frantic, Scott notices at the same time as I do so we both begin looking around for a distraction or something to at least cover our heart rates. I look around searching for anything that'll make very loud noise and then notice the tall building near us. It's an office building which means they should have alarms, quickly I run off, Scott putting his own plan into motion as I find the nearest thing that I could throw, which happens to be someone's tool box that I found in their truck trunk and fling it. I watch on, holding my breath as the box soars through the air and final connects with the glass building. It breaks and soon enough the alarms are ringing like wild. Scott has come up with the idea of jumping into every car and starting their alarms which together makes for a very difficult time for the alpha. He makes a full circle until he's jumping on the car nearest me and then grabs me, both of us running further down a level.