Keeper of the Lost Cities: Th...

By girl_of_many_worlds

The Black Swan had kept everyone in the dark for fourteen years. Sure, they had kept Sophie Foster from the L... More

Author's Note
Cast of Characters
Preface: Adrien
Chapter One: Keefe
Chapter Two: Adrien
Chapter Three: Sophie
Chapter Four: Marinette
Chapter Five: Keefe
Chapter Six: Adrien
Chapter Seven: Sophie
Chapter Eight: Marinette
Chapter Nine: Keefe
Chapter Ten: Adrien
Chapter Eleven: Sophie
Chapter Twelve: Marinette
Chapter Thirteen: Keefe
Chapter Fourteen: Adrien
Chapter Fifteen: Sophie
Chapter Sixteen: Marinette
Chapter Seventeen: Keefe
Chapter Eighteen: Adrien
Chapter Nineteen: Sophie
Chapter Twenty: Marinette
Chapter Twenty-One: Keefe
Chapter Twenty-Two: Adrien
Chapter Twenty-Three: Sophie
Chapter Twenty-Four: Marinette
Chapter Twenty-Six: Adrien
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sophie
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Marinette
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Keefe
Chapter Thirty: Adrien
Chapter Thirty-One: Sophie
Chapter Thirty-Two: Marinette
Chapter Thirty-Three: Keefe
Chapter Thirty-Four: Adrien
Chapter Thirty-Five: Sophie
Chapter Thirty-Six: Marinette
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Keefe
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Adrien
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Sophie
Chapter Forty: Marinette
Chapter Forty-One: Keefe

Chapter Twenty-Five: Keefe

192 4 16
By girl_of_many_worlds

"Aw, yeah!" Keefe cheered as he watched the wall in Lord Cassius's room ice over.

Of course Marinette had been having a bit of a rough day. And yes, Keefe may have just wanted to mess up Daddy Dearest's room. Lord Cassius was at some boring meeting with the Black Swan (for unknown reasons), and he felt it would be the best time to mess with his father.

And he'd introduced Marinette to Ro, his ogre bodyguard. And of course, Ro had joined the "Marinette x Keefe" train.

And while, yes, Marinette had felt a little intimidated around Ro at first, Keefe assured Marinette that Ro wouldn't sneak amoebas into their food.

So now Marinette was busy freezing everything that pretty much belonged to Lord Cassius, per Keefe's promise.

"Ooh, get this!" Keefe said, holding out some expensive diamond his dad got when he got into the Elite levels.

"On it!" Marinette said, and with a small smirk, sent out a blast of ice, nearly freezing Keefe's hand.

"Ooh, this girl's got Blondie's spunk!" Ro cheered. "No wonder you love her."

"For the last time, we're just friends," Keefe rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"I still think this was a good idea," Marinette said, plopping down into a chair. "Thanks. I really needed that."

Keefe felt his cheeks pink a little.

"And it's kinda fun having this ability once you settle into it, ya know?" Marinette shrugged, small snowflakes twirling around her fingers. "I mean, I could do anything!"

Keefe could see a twinkle in Marinette's bluebell eyes.

His own eyes started looking around the ice crackling around them.

Maybe Frosters really only saw it, but he now did.

Who knew there was a hidden beauty in ice and snow?

"I mean..." Marinette stood up and stamped her foot at the ground.

"Woah," Ro gasped, and Keefe looked down to see swirls of ice cover the floor.

Keefe felt Ro's lips graze against his ear.

"She better be on your match list if you register," she whispered.

"Oh hush," Keefe pushed Ro out of his face.

"Seriously, you and Bluenette hanging out alone? What could get more romantic than that?" Ro giggled.

"But I already told you; I'm not registering for the match," Keefe stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I'm not getting into that drama."

"I'm sure she'd register if she could," Ro said.

Keefe paled a little. Did Ro know Marinette was a human?

"But I'm sure she's waiting for you to register," Ro teased.

Keefe mentally sighed with relief.

KEEFE WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Wow, Foster, slow down, Keefe transmitted back. Why are you so worried?

Okay, so I wasn't able to tell you since Silveny told me. But she made a complete question that makes no sense, Sophie replied.

Um... ok. So what did she ask?

She was wondering why you, me, and Adrien are feeling connections.

Huh?

Keefe shook his head.

He thought that was just between him and Adrien.

But all three of them?

Something was seriously going on.

That's when he felt snow pelt his face. He turned and saw Marinette, smirking (a little evilly), holding a sphere of snow in her hand.

"Don't tell me you've never been in a snowball fight before," she said.

Keefe had no idea what that was, and Marinette threw the snow again.

"Okay, this means war," Keefe said, noticing the winter wonderland around them. He quickly grabbed a handful of snow, shaped it into a ball, and threw it back, but Marinette blocked it with an ice wall.

"Cheater!" Keefe fake-pouted. He quickly created a set of snowballs.

"Oh, it's on, Sencen!" Marinette created her own set of snowballs, and the two of them opened fire.

After about fifteen minutes (and both teens were soaked and covered in snow), both of them fell to the ground laughing.

But Keefe couldn't shake what Sophie had told him out of his head.

She was wondering why you, me, and Adrien are feeling connections...

"I assume the best way to figure out why you're feeling connections is to find any physical ones first," Dex said, fiddling with a set of circlets, clamping one around Keefe's head. "I mean, we already know the three of you are blond."

"Isn't it obvious?" Sophie shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess so," Dex said. "Anyone else notice anything?"

"Keefe and Adrien have the same smirk," Marinette pointed out.

"Sophie and Adrien both have different colored eyes," Marella added. "And they're both moonlarks."

"Sophie and Keefe are soulmates," Biana chimed in, and everyone turned to look at her. "What?"

Keefe had noticed that the Collective in the Black Swan had disappeared once Sophie had brought up the question.

They were clearly hiding something.

"Okay, so similar smirks, eye colors, moonlarks, blonde," Dex said, scribbling in a notebook. "And these circlets should be able to track brain waves. Maybe that might be another clue as well."

Sophie, Keefe, and Adrien all shared confused looks.

"Anything else going on between you three?" Dex asked. "Well, besides the sudden realization I had that you three have some form of being a Polyglot."

"What do you mean?" Keefe asked, confused.

"Because you managed to speak French in Paris, while Adrien was able to understand and speak the Enlightened Language perfectly. Marinette, however, had to have a small bit of the ability implanted. And Sophie's a Polyglot, and we've known that," Dex shrugged, staring at a glass screen.

"Interesting," Dex said.

"What?" Sophie asked, and Keefe could feel that she was ready to get out of the circlet.

"Okay, so we know you and Keefe have photographic memories," Dex said. "Okay, Adrien, think of some little thing from years ago."

Adrien scrunched his face in thought.

"There was the time I thought the green crayons were edible," he said.

"Just green crayons?" Sophie laughed.

"Give me a break; I was only three," Adrien said.

"Okay, so all three of you have photographic memories," Dex scribbled into the notebook some more. "Well, it's a good start."

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked.

"Blonde, Polyglots, photographic memories, eye colors, moonlarks, and smirks," Dex explained. "Those are about all the physical similarities I can figure out right now. I mean, Adrien and Keefe are both male, but I'm not really counting that."

Adrien and Keefe shared a look, Sophie peeking past Adrien to see what was going on. The three of them were clearly confused about what was going on.

Oh, those sparkling brown eyes...

Keefe shook his head. Why was he always fawning over girls like Sophie and Marinette? After all, Sophie was clearly annoyed with him. He'd only known Marinette for a little more than a week.

Marinette...

A new question formed in Keefe's brain.

"Dex?" he asked. "You know how it says we're all Polyglots?"

"Yeah," Dex replied as Adrien and Sophie slid off the circlets, going off somewhere (Keefe assumed that it was either moonlark stuff or they were slowly growing feelings for each other. No matter. As long as Foster was happy).

"Well, as far as I know, I can't really speak other languages. And with Adrien, I can sorta understand how he would be able to quickly translate, considering he's the other moonlark," Keefe said, sorta mocking the last three words a little. It kinda stung that those two were pretty much known as the moonlarks to a lot of other people and that was about it.

But he took a deep breath and continued.

"So how did Marinette understand me?" he asked.

Dex looked up from the clipboard.

"How did Parisians understand me?" he asked.

"Simple," Dex shrugged. "You must've learned French."

Keefe gulped.

He knew Mommy Dearest probably did that.

What other secrets was Lady Gisela hiding?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 29 13
What if...Sophie Foster wasn't the Black Swan's only project? What if they had created an even more powerful backup to assist the Moonlark on her mis...
37.4K 294 29
Sophie or Agent moonlark has been a spy for the black swan since she was 7. Keefe or Agent legacy has been apart of the neverseen since he was...
19.2K 492 30
Sophie Foster thought she was a human, lived like a human for 12 years, except she wasn't. When she was 5, she started reading other people's minds...
1.3K 1 18
The Lost Cities, was ruled by the Vacker Family. Prince Fitz is heir to the throne. The people are living their best lives, and only feared one thing...