His Substitute Wife {Book 2}...

By MyraKapoor

After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Cho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 14

1.7K 46 13
By MyraKapoor

Shit just got serious!

.

.

After she left, I turned to Brownie who was being supported by Gracie and poured her heart out. I went to her, to talk and console her because crying is not good for her. She needs to be happy all the time. She's gone through so much.

I won't let the history repeat itself.

I bend down to touch her but she pushed me away. I tried to get closer to her but she slapped my hand away while she sobbed.

"Gracie, please give us sometime", I told her to leave. She nodded silently and left the room.

"Brownie..", I tried to reach out to her.

"I told you.. I told you to leave me! I told you about not coming here with me! I fucking told you!", she shouted at me.

"And I told you, I will protect you, no matter what!", I said as I sat down beside her. "No one will hurt you, I promise! I'll keep Savvy at bay", I promised her and vowed to stand by my words, no matter what.

"Leave me alone, please", was all she said. But at this point, I was not in a position to listen to her. I stood up, bent down to her and picked her up in my arms.

"Ryan!!!,Stop it!!! Put me down!!!", she pushed me but I didn't even bulge. I didn't say anything and carried her to the room.

"Ryan, please put me down! What if she sees us again!!!????", She worried.

"Can you stop thinking about her and concentrate here? What you're doing is hurting our baby!", I carried her to the bed while she kept resisting, and pushing me to put her down.

Finally, when we reached the bed, I gently put her on the bed. Gracie walked in right after me as I had signaled her to bring the dinner in the room.

"Now, be a good girl and eat before you sleep. All you have to do it eat, sleep, repeat!", I said in an authoritative tone.

"I'm not hungry anymore!", she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't be stubborn or else, you know my ways!", I warned her.

"No please.. I'm really not hungry. Over eating can be bad for the baby!", she said and I did listen to her until, Gracie said otherwise.

"But sir, she hardly took two bites on the dinner table today", Gracie intervened as she played along with me.

I chuckled while Brownie threw daggers in her direction.

"Now you can't argue! Eat it or else, I'll make you!", I stated.

"Fine!", she said like an arrogant child while Gracie placed the tray in front of her.

I stood there until she finished everything.

"Now be a good girl and sleep", I said and pulled the covers over her.

There was rise of a sudden urge in me to protect her, to stay by her side but I fought against it. She's been through a lot today. The journey and the arguments must have exhausted her.

I simply kissed her forehead, making her eyes widen at me.

I smiled at her and without saying anything, left the room.

.

.

.

The next morning, I decided to work from home because honestly, leaving Savvy and Brownie under one roof could be fatal.

I went down to the dining table, only to find it occupied with Savvy. She was happily eating her food, without a thinking about her pregnant sister who was still not there.

I shook my head as expecting anything from her would be in vain.

I went up to her room, to see if she was still sleeping.

"Brownie?", I knocked on the door.

No reply.

I knocked again but didn't hear anything in return.

Maybe she's sleeping.

I quietly opened the door to peek inside. I stuck my head inside to see if she was sleeping, but the bed was absolutely empty. In fact, it was perfectly made, as if no one slept there.

I rushed into the room and checked the washroom.

Suddenly, a nauseous feeling crept inside me as my mind played the events of last night. She didn't take it well with Savvy just like before.

I could feel the history repeat itself I could feel my heart leap out of my body when bad thoughts about her leaving me again started settling in.

I quickly rushed down and checked the lawn and the other areas around the mansion but no sign of her. I hurried back into the house and into the dinning hall where Savvy was happily munching on her food.

I grabbed her arms and pulled her to her feet, making her hiss at me.

"What the hell did you do now?", I glared.

"What???What the hell are you talking about?", she narrowed her eyes as me as she tried to free herself.

"Don't try to act smart with me, Savvy! I told you to stay away from Jennifer then why do you have to interfere??", I yanked her arm.

"Have you gone crazy? Why would I say anything to her? If at all, I'd just throw her out of our house!", she hissed.

"For God sake, Savvy, stop this nonsense!!!! Can't you just hold your horses? Are you so blind that you can't even see she's pregnant?", I yelled at her.

"Why should I even care when you're there to care her like shes your fucking mistress!!!!", She snapped at me.

"SAVVY!!!!!!", I raised my hand to slap her but stopped.

No!

This is not what I've been taught!

It's not in my upbringing to hit a girl, even if she tries to cross her limits.

I, somehow, controlled myself and breathed out to relax. I pursed my lips as I glared at her and shook my head. Talking to her is like banging your head on the wall.

In vain!

Just then, Gracie entered as she took the dishes to the kitchen.

"Good morning, sir! Jenny has gone out with her friend. She wasn't feeling well so she called her friend and told me to inform you about the same", she said, making my heart pace at another level.

"What?? Then why didn't you tell me? I had been looking for her every where! And why in the world didn't she wake me up? I could have called the doctor here itself! She shouldn't have gone out!", I snapped.

"I guess she was a bit hesitant after last night's event, Gracie hesitated.

"Good for her! She understood the assignment!", Savvy commented as she took the last bite of her food and left the room.

I clenched my teeth at her comment but decided not bother much about her. Right now, Brownie is more important. I called her up but she didn't answer.

I dialed her again and it went straight to voice mail.

Shit!!!!

Where is she???

I then dialed Arnie and she answered on the second ring.

"Hello?", she answered.

"Where's Brownie? How is she? Where are you people??? Why isn't she answering my calls?", I yelled all at once.

"Hold in there, Ryan! Calm down! She's fine and we're in the clinic near our college. She wasn't feeling well since last night so she asked me to pick her up", she explained.

"But why didn't she tell me??? And how is she? What happened to her?", I asked urgently.

"The doctors are still running some tests on her. So I guess we'll have to wait", she sighed.

"Alright, I'm coming there! Send me the location", with that said, I hung up.

.

.

.

Soon, I was standing with Arnie in the clinic where Brownie was still being checked. I rushed into the room without paying heeds to the nurses who told me to sit outside.

I barged into the room where she was lying on the bed with her stomach completely exposed. The doctor was holding a wand in her hand, while she moved it on her belly.

They both shifted their attention towards me at the sudden gate crash.

"Excuse me? You're not allowed to enter without permission. Please leave", the doctor chided me.

"What happened to her? Are they fine?", I asked ignoring the death glares the doctor was giving me.

"Are you the father?", she knitted her brows together.

I hesitated for a moment because this was the first time I was going to make it all so formal and official.

"He is..", Brownie answered for me as she saw right through my state.

"Then you're allowed in. Please take that seat", she said. I walked up to them and sat right next to Brownie, observing all the instruments set around me.

"Here", the doctor pointed to a monitor which showed some black and white pictures. "That's your daughter", she smiled.

It was at that moment, I released the breath I didn't know I was holding. I couldn't understand where she was in her the monitor but something was moving and I guess it was her!

My daughter!

Our daughter!

Automatically, my hand reached for Brownie's as tears started pooling up in my eyes. I never knew I could get so emotional for someone who wasn't even born yet.

"Is..is that.. her?", I asked looking at the monitor and then at Brownie.

She squeezed my hand as I shifted my attention to her. She gave me a genuine smile and blinked, confirming it!!!

"She looks beautiful!", I awed.

That earned me a chuckle from her as well as the doctor.

"How in the world do you know she's beautiful? You haven't even seen her face yet, Ryan?", she giggled.

"A father cannot feel the baby but he can surely appreciate the creature he created", the doctor answered before I could say anything.

I was speechless!

Completely dumbfounded!

Never found myself so engrossed in something that I failed to feel my own stupid instincts!

This baby was changing me!

Brownie was changing me!

The God had given me something to live for, to laugh with, to love..

And I'm never letting them away from me.

.

.

Like ever!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 6.4K 25
please bare with me I wrote this book when I had no sense at all. this book is Stockholm Syndrome Lily Jenkins was just a girl who wanted anot...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
742K 16K 33
*This is the spin-off to Runaway Bride. I recommend reading it before starting to read this one.* Locked in a small room with her mother since birth...
104K 3.6K 72
Rebecca Downhill (Becca) has known nothing in her life but a strict father who is involved in businesses with the Italian mafia in NY, an absent moth...