ŹŸį“źœ±į“› ŹŸį“į“ į“‡

By prollysie

Why are you doing this?" I whispered, my head dropped to the floor as the floor began to blur with my tears... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21
22
23.
24.
25.
26.
27
28
29
30
31
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57.
58
59
60
61
Epilogue
Note

8.

9.1K 346 67
By prollysie

Pls tell me if y'all r liking the story so far. 😩😩

Ariya

"I need someone to stay late and complete the projects we have due tonight, and since you love galavanting around my workplace with doctor dearest I think it fits the punishment." He sighed while leaning back in the chair adjacent of my desk.

"I um.. tonight?" I stuttered.

"Mhm." He nodded.

"I-I don't know if I'm free?" I stated. I needed to pick Rylan up, cook him dinner. The last thing I needed to do was ditch him on the night we were supposed to make cookies together.

"Well if you need to cancel them."

"But s-"

"Now."

I sighed in defeat and nodded, I guess cookies can wait.

"Okay, let me just make some calls."

I waited obviously for him to leave as he realized and chuckled.

"Pretend I'm not here." He waved his arms before reaching over to grab a jelly bean from my small bowl.

I pulled out my cell phone and dialled Williams number, like he'd answer.

Please answer, William.

"Ariya, is everything alright?" His voiced was laced with concern.

"Am disturbing you?"

"No, it's my lunch break.. you're lucky."

"I need you to pick him up today, I have to work late." Mr. Johnson eyed me carefully and I shrugged off his gaze.

"Okay, that shouldn't be a problem."

"Make him something small, I'll call the school."

"Okay, love you."

"I-love you too." I whispered into the phone as his neck twitched in front of me.

I dialled the number of Rylan's school and waited for them to pick up.

"St. Pauls."

"Hi."

I let them know William was picking him up and hung up.

When I hung up we stared back at each other for what seemed like hours. Until he randomly stood up and left.

I sighed loudly and prepared for my metal demise.

-

I sat in the adjacent chair in Mr. Johnson's office, filling out the paper work.

"The Chinese food is downstairs I'll go grab it." He said while strutting to the open door. I leaned back in the chair and let out a deep breath.

We've been nothing but quiet, almost refusing to talk to each other the whole time. I think it's for the best because which ever one of us speaks will ultimately turn to pure chaos.

A short while later he came up with two small white boxes.

I began to open the box and pulled apart my chopsticks, I glanced up at him to see him opening his plastic fork.

He still can't use chopsticks.

My phone began to ring on the desk when an image of William popped up.

"Can I?"

"Yeah."

I picked the phone up and held it to my ear.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Could I just stay over, I don't wanna leave Rylan here."

"Sure, there's a toothbrush under the sink. Get him showered and in bed by eight, okay. And no take out, okay." I demanded.

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

I clicked the red button and placed it down.

Khyson-Mr. Johnson began to stare and I shivered.

"I appreciate you giving up your time."

"Wow, you're being suspiciously nice." I chuckled. A small smile tugged on his lips and I observed his dimples.

Those dimples.

"Gimme a chance here."

"I assume you like basketball."

I didn't assume, I knew.

"Mhm, if I could ask which sports you're interested in?" He asked.

He didn't remember.

"I'm pretty fond of basketball also." I smiled.

"I can't imagine you playing basketball miss priss." I gasped playfully and leaned back with my elbows on the arm rests.

"I can't imagine you being anything but rude and deceiving but here we are."

"Surprisingly I was quite the rule breaker when I was younger." I told him.

I waited, waited for him to piece the pieces together. Remember anything, something gleamed within his eyes and I sat up.

Maybe this was it.

"Is that so?"

I sighed I slumped back down in the leather seat.

"Yeah, even robbed a store."

"Wow, I didn't take you as the rule breaker type." He chuckled.

"The grocery store."

"Doesn't everyone steal from the grocery store at one point?" He questioned and I nodded.

I smiled.

-

I shoved my keys through the door and opened up to see William on the couch. I slammed my bag on the counter and kicked my heels off.

"Ariya." My brain barely registered his voice when I walked straight into my room and ran into my closet. Locking the door.

"Ariya, what's wrong."

I got on my knees and pulled out the bottle of wine from until the racks of clothes.

I peeled the cap off and connected the end to my lips, downing the drink. Gulp after gulp, sip after sip.

"Ariya?"

"I'll be out in a bit, you can leave." I forced out my best voice to try and convince him.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, go."

I watched tentatively as the shadow of his feet left the door and I was left alone.

All those years, the pain I helped him with, the pain he helped me with. We were connected by the hip for almost nine years and he couldn't even remember my name.

Like he remembers that night, the night we shared. Like he even cared, I doubt it.

I was just a fling for him, a lousy fuck to satisfy his needs.

He didn't love me.

He didn't have a ring in his finger, he could still have a girlfriend, though.

I placed the bottle down and unlocked the door, walking into the bathroom. Braving my palms on the cold counter top.

I didn't know the girl staring back at me.

The girl who tried to get drunk with her four year old son next door.

I'm a shitty mom.

I flipped my wrist over to glance down at the scars, the memories.

"Ariya!"

His voice startled me, but it was too late. My arm jerked and the blood spilled. It felt so good, this was the last time.

I collapsed onto the ground and he was quick as his arms encircled my body.

Cradling my wrist in his hand.

"Ariya, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry. Please, please look at me."

I slit my eyes open and stared up at him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Come on, let's lay down." He smiled and carried me to my bed.

"Where're they?"

"Your brothers.. I got them in bed."

He left and came back with a first aid kit.

"C'mere."

I laid unmoving as he cleaned my wound.

Embarrassed.

Why didn't he remember.

I walked down the hall and slipped into Rylan's bed, wrapping my arms around him.

"Mama?" He called tiredly.

"Go to sleep, baby. I love you."

"I love you more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

814K 14.2K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
214K 1.7K 35
18+ Only Rated R (If you're underage like myself and you want to read this then go for it but just warning you it's STRONG sexual shit in this book...
171K 4.6K 67
[ šŠšˆšš†š’ šŽš… š’šˆšš’ š“š‘šˆš‹šŽš†š˜ #šŸ ] Luciano Mariano stayed quiet and poised, with corrupting intentions for anyone who crossed his path...
316K 8.9K 25
Kingston Series #2 THE SECOND BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! **SEQUEL TO TANNERS TROUBLE** Ellie and Tanner went through everything together. They wer...