The Most Ancient and Noble

By wow_tayur_gay

!The characters are owned by JK Rowling but I own the story! Regulus learnt from a young age, that his brothe... More

The Noble House of Black
The Hogwarts Express
Slytherin House
Astronomy
Engagement
Confession

The Sorting Ceremony

88 3 0
By wow_tayur_gay

The group of 'Marauders' as they so fondly called themselves ushered Regulus off of the train and gently pushed him into the direction of a large group of young children.

The youngest Black looked at Sirius for comfort, which he never found as he was too busy talking to Remus and Peter. Instead, James placed a hand on Regulus's shoulder. "It's okay, all the first years go on boats, it's really pretty, just don't fall out of the boat, it's impossible to do that, they're enchanted, they take you to the castle in a much more magical way" James said with the award winning, girl catching, charming James Potter smile.

Regulus gulped and waved meekly as James and the rest of the marauders began to shout words of praise at him. Sirius was the loudest and half the students sent the group of friends glares for being so loud. "Go Reggie Go!" Sirius chanted as Regulus walked over to the large group of first years.

Then, they couldn't be heard anymore and the small boy became nervous.

A small blonde girl walked over with a large grin on her face. "Greetings, its rather dark here isn't it?" Regulus studied the girl. She had an accent, one he was well acquainted with, his cousin Bellatrix had developed the same accent. It was extremely well-known to be a regal pureblood accent. Regulus felt relieved to know his mother would have no problem with Regulus being friends with this girl. So with a steady face Regulus hummed. "Yes, it rather is quite dark, I suppose we shall be having our own feast, it's much to dark for the feast to wait for us" Regulus said as he looked to the sky. The girl giggled; "You're a funny one" She said, she held out her hand and bowed slightly, "I'm Pandora, Pandora Lestrange".

Regulus took her hand and shook it gently. "Regulus, Regulus Black".

The look of realisation when their eyes met as they burst into a fit of laughter made everyone turn to see what was so funny. "I know your cousin" Pandora said through her giggles. "I'd be surprised if you didn't, I know you're brother" Regulus said through his laughter which had his face turning red.

"O'roight ferst yers" The giant man boomed making Regulus and Pandora both jump. "We'll be takin' the boats" The giant continued.

Pandora leaned into Regulus's side; "His name is Rubeus Hagrid, he's a half-giant, gatekeeper of Hogwarts" Pandora whispered. Regulus turned to her with a look of astonishment. "How do you know that?" He asked. Pandora sighed, "Did your family not tell you anything about Hogwarts?" She asked.

Regulus nodded his head. "Sirius told me a lot, but I didn't really listen to him, because he was always talking about pranks and his friends" Regulus grumbled under his breath. Pandora giggled; "Well maybe, he was trying to help you out, whilst talking about all the fun he had".

Regulus lifted his eyebrow in thought. "There's a secret passageway, leads right to the Honeydukes cellar" Regulus said, "It's hidden, in a statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor". A proud smile stretched his lips as he recalled all the conversations Sirius had had with him about the rules and everything about Hogwarts. "Sirius has broken the majority of the rules at Hogwarts in one year, I've read the letters before my mother could, I know the rules".

Pandora sniggered. "I bet your mother was very happy reading those letters" She said.

The group of first years were lead to the boats and allowed to sit with who they wanted, as long as there was five to a boat and no more.

Pandora and Regulus got to a boat first. A small boy with big emerald glowing eyes and a slightly red nose sat down on the boat. "I'm Augustus Scamander" The boy said sniffling slightly. Pandora shook his hand and wiped the tears from his face with her handkerchief. "Now now Augustus, it is not proper for one to cry for no reason, we are only on a boat, we are completely safe with all the enchantments" Pandora said with a sweet smile.

"Scamandor? you say?" Regulus asked cocking his head to the side like a curious puppy. "You're a half-blood aren't you?" Regulus asked while Augustus nodded cutely. Both Regulus and Pandora showed a scared look. "Some people may not be nice to you, but don't worry Augustus, we'll look after you" Pandora said before shooting Regulus a look; "Isn't that correct Regulus?".

Regulus sat quiet, not answering, just staring at the dark waters below. He slowly began to wonder what would happen if he dipped his hand in the water. Or if he really could fall out and swim to Hogwarts.

Who was Regulus kidding? Definitely not himself. He knew he couldn't swim, "what a stupid idea to have" Regulus scolded himself in his mind.

They reached a dock and a tall(but not as tall as Rubeus Hagrid) woman stood with immaculate posture which Regulus actually envied. Her hat was large and positioned gently on her head, she wore it as if it were a crown.

"Welcome to Hogwarts; If you could follow me, and hurry about it, the seventh years are complaining about being hungry" The woman said. She guided them into the castle which many people oggled at. Regulus and Pandora looked slightly before deeming it not as posh as their family holiday houses; the Black's had one in Korea, Thailand, Germany and France, The Lestrange's also had one in France but the others in Italy, South Africa(Cape Town) and Hawaii.

"I am Professor McGonagall, deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" The woman spoke in a heavy Scottish accent. "Now, if you would please wait here, I will go and see if the ceremony is prepared to begin".

The first years were left once again. But stood with the large doors to the Great Hall and the well built stone stairs with paintings chatting.

"Welcome to Hogwarts young ones" a painting of a woman holding a baby said.

The muggle-borns were astonished at the paintings speaking.

Regulus shook off all the people who attempted to speak to him who weren't Augustus and Pandora.

The doors opened and Professor McGonagall appeared holding a rolled up parchment. "They are ready for you" She said with a small smile.

She lead the first years into the hall and as they passed Gryffindor table a loud "GO REGGIE!!!" Came from the unmistakable voice of his older brother. "Woooh! go baby Black!" James's voice called out. "GO REGULUS!" Remus and Peter shouted at the same time.

Regulus's ears turned red in embarrassment and the prefects began to scold the rowdy second years.

Regulus was one of the first people to be called up. He made eye-contact with Sirius who was smiling at him.

"Hmm? A Black? Your brother proved everyone wrong by being put into Gryffindor, let's see" The hat mumbled. "Plenty of courage, a strong mind and a high level of knowledge, but then there's an incredible amount of Ambition and Determination" The hat said to itself.

Regulus watched the colour drain from Sirius's face in the crowd of children staring at him.

"Better be......"

"SLYTHERIN!"

Regulus's eyes widened as his robes turned green and the Hogwarts crest turned into the Slytherin badge.

He walked slowly over to the Slytherin Table. He could feel his brothers eyes on him and he wanted them to go away. He wanted to be sorted again, into a different house. So at least, Sirius wouldn't look at him like a Orion Black in the making.

"Lestrange, Pandora" McGonagall called out.

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Scamander, Augustus"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Regulus watched as the two friends he had made were separated from him.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and the smile of Andromeda, Narcissa and Bellatrix looking at him. "It's the right way" Narcissa said with a cold look. "You are a Black Regulus, you should be proud" Bellatrix said.

He looked to Andromeda who looked at him with a sad smile. "Regulus, your house doesn't make you who you are, you're your own person, be who you are not who you're expected to be" said Andromeda, her hand still placed gently on his shoulder.

Unlike Sirius, Andromeda, Narcissa and Bellatrix were quite high up in the school, they were fifth ,sixth and seventh years. Andromeda was the nicest of them all, she looked at Regulus and Sirius as if they were the stars they were named after.

Some relief came over Regulus when he realised he would have Andromeda for the next two years of Hogwarts. Until he saw the look on Sirius's face.

"I'm sorry Siri" Regulus mouthed across the hall. Sirius just shook his head and turned back to his meal.

A/N

Well, despite Reg being all pureblood supremacy, he made a half-blood friend.

I did make Augustus up, I made sure there were no characters called Augustus Scamander, if you know a character with the name(In the Harry Potter universe) tell me and I will think of a new name for him :)

Bye for now my lovelies

Taylor ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 119 14
This is a love story between someone who doesn't Believe that they deserve love and someone who has so much love to give that it radiates from them l...
30.4K 887 34
"You look like a painting, Reg," whispered James, genuine adoration plastered in every inch of his face. "Is that a good thing?" Regulus knitted his...
5.6K 281 34
James has been feeling confused. Does he really love Lily? Why does he feel like this? Will the dreams end? Will the stares last? James can only over...
89.5K 3.3K 21
𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞, '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 James Potter fell inlove...