The Prankster in Love

By Melizza_Jane

Melissa Black is the only child of Sirius Black. Her mother, Karis Davidson, unfortunately passed giving birt... More

Cast
Life at the Manor
Diagon Alley
Hogwarts Express
Gryffindor or Slytherin
Lissa
Lissa's First Prank
The Map
Halloween
Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor
Christmas
Snapebombs
Rose's are Red Part 1
Roses are Red Part 2
What About draco?
Questions
See You Later
Summer Part 1
Summer Part 2
Summer part 3
Summer Part 4
Harry Potter
Like Father Like Daughter?
Pure Blood
The Happy Normal Family
The Potions Partner
First's
Don't Make Him Mad
Finally, Christmas
Did It Even Happen?
Don't Lie To Eddie
The Dragon

TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!

56 2 0
By Melizza_Jane

"What time do you call this?" Said George coming out of one of the stalls.

"I'm sorry G. I was trying to finish my transfiguration essay and Cedric was doing his best to help me." I apologised to him while starting to set up the cauldron where he had set up the ingredients.

"You mean your boyfriend was doing his best to try and help you."

"No G, I've told you all before, he's just a good friend."

"Tell him that."

"Ohh shut up and start turning that dragon claw into powder."

It was Tuesday 29th October, 2 days before Halloween and George and I were in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom making the blemish potion for the scavenger hunt. He had already got all of the ingredients and told me not to worry about it. I'm 1000% sure he stole them from Snapes store and probably with the help of Freddie no doubt.

"So, you and Diggory really aren't a thing?"

"No George. Why is everyone so fixated on this?"

"Have you noticed how fixated he is on you? Cause everyone else has."

"He is not."

"He got you a rose."

"So?"

"It's obvious."

"How long is this potion supposed to take?" I asked trying to change the conversation.

"Two hours."

"How long has it been?"

"Fifteen minutes."

"Godric."

We sat for about ten minutes in silence making the potion until G nearly cut off one of his fingers. I healed his wound and he thanked me. Everything went back to normal after that, us bantering back and forth. Until George said. "Do you fancy anyone at the moment Liss?"

"No G. Do you?"

"Not even Diggory?" If looks could kill he would be dead ten times over. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It was just a joke."

I let it slide, I don't want to fall out with George. "Well? You haven't answered the question."

"Ohh, right. Umm yea, kind of." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Who is it?"

He took a minuet before he told me. "Angelina Johnson"

"She's lovely George, why haven't you asked her out yet?"

"I dunno, I don't think she feels the same."

"You talk about me being oblivious with Cedric. Talk about someone who really is fixated on you."

"Bull!"

"Trust me, if you mean it when you say you like her, you're going to notice every little thing she does to get your attention now I've mentioned it. You should ask her out G."

"And do what?"

"I don't know normal date things. Take her on a picnic."

"Hmm."

"What about the shrieking shack on your next Hogsmeade trip?"

"The shrieking shack? Are you nuts?"

"I'd want to go there on a first date. The looming danger of the place possibly falling down or getting scared by a ghost and then there's you her knight in shining armour to save her and keep her safe from death." I said looking off into nowhere imagining it.

George was looking at me as if I was insane "You've been reading far too many muggle books."

"You might be right." I sighed. "But it is romantic. Okay what about Madam Puddifoots? Take her there for afternoon tea."

"Actually, that's not a bad idea."

"You better do it, or I'll do it for you."

"You will not!"

"Try me. I think this is ready G." I said as I stirred the potion one last time. "We need to test it."

"Who can we test it on?"

"Ohh so you haven't seen it then?"

"Ehh? Seen what?" I didn't give him an answer I just rubbed a little bit of the potion onto the massive spot George has on his chin.

He ran over to the sinks to look in the mirror. "Ohhh myyy Godric!" He shouted. "Wait what the hell."

"Ohh I'm sorry G I thought you knew about it."

He spun round to me pointing at where the spot is...was. "It's gone already. I literally watched it disappear in seconds."

"How is that possible? What did we do that was different from the directions?" George and I read through everything at least three times over. "Wait G how finely did you ground the dragon claw?"

"We were sitting in silence at that point so it was realllllly fine."

"That's it. Look it says here it has to be like tiny stones not powder."

"We are geniuses."

"Ten second pimple vanisher."

"I'm selling this in the future."

*

Tonight, was the night where yet again I had to stand up in front of the whole school and announce the scavenger hunt. Even though I did it last year I was still really nervous. Last night the six of us set up the hall the same way we did last year. However, this year Holly was smart and brought three muggle items that blow up the balloons for you, so instead of not being able to breath my arms feel like I've been power lifting an abraxon. Of course, we still crashed on the common room sofa at three in the morning.

Freddie and I had hidden the sweets in greenhouse three, Holly and G had chosen to hide the blemish potion down in the quidditch changing rooms and Maddi and Lee hid the money in the Owlery.

We were sitting in the great hall just starting to fill our plates with food when the doors burst open and Quirrell came running in shouting. "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON, TROLL IN THE DUNGEON." Everyone had stopped what they were doing completely frozen like statues staring at him. "Thought you ought to know." He said and then passed out falling flat on his own face.

The entire hall erupted in terrified screaming from nearly everyone. All of us were running for the door trying to get back to our houses. Several purple firecrackers exploded from Dumbledore's wand. "SILENCE!" He ordered, which worked as everyone was once again staring at Dumbledore in silence completely frozen like a statue. "Prefects will lead their houses back to dormitories immediately." He said calmly as he then led the professors to the dungeons, all of us leaving Professor Quirrell on the floor.

When we got back to the common room all of the feast had already been brought up and laid out on long tables buffet style, presumably by the house elves. Everyone started to grab plates and line up to get food, Fred and George being first in line of course. I however was far too angry to even think about food, instead I had started to pace back and forth in front of the fireplace.

Fred and George came over a couple minutes later with plates piled high with food. Before they sat down they paused and gave each other a look which said 'Is she okay? Clearly not!'

"Emm, Liss?" George said cautiously.

"Hmm?"

"You, okay?" Asked Fred.

"I can't believe Dumbledore sent the Slytherin's back to their common room." I shouted continuing to pace back forth. Freddie immediately put his plate down and walked off. "I'm sorry Freddie, I didn't mean to shout at you." I called after him, but I don't think he heard me.

"No big loss if the troll gets the Slytherin's though, is it?" Said Lee as he walked over with Maddi, the two of them sitting down on the sofa with George.

If looks could kill, Lee would be dead, and I would be in Azkaban.

"Draco and Heather." Maddi whispered to Lee while George sniggered at his stupidity. Lee's face dropped when he realised why I was so angry at what he'd said. "Sorry Liss, sorry Holly, I forgot. They'll be fine though the professors went down with them."

I hadn't realised Holly was sitting on the bench in front of the fire with her knees touching her chin.

"They still would have been much safer going up to the astronomy tower or all of us being locked in the great hall."

"Liss they'll...Draco and Heather will be fine." George tried to assure me.

"Yea. Go get some food and sit down." Said Maddi.

"I can't even think about food until I know he is okay."

"For Godric's sake please sit down then, you're giving me a headache." Maddi complained.

I sat down in the big armchair that Fred had been sitting in and curled up holding my knees. What if he isn't, okay? He could be dead or seriously injured. Lucius would blame me. Then I would be dead. I need to protect my little cousin. My little brother. I have to go find him now!

I got up and went to head straight for the portrait door, but Freddie was on his way back and caught me before I even made it past the fireplace. "Nope! You're not going to find him. Sit down and eat this."

He handed me a plate piled high with all my favourite foods from the feast. "Thank you, Freddie, but I can't even think about food right now." I still took the plate and went to sit back down but I just set the plate on the table and curled up again behind Fred.

Just then Harry, Ron and Hermione came into the common room. "Where the bloody hell were you?" George asked Ron.

The three of them went on to explain how the two boys had to save Hermione from the troll because they had gone to find her after they found out she was hiding in the bathroom all day because of something mean Ron had said about her. They earned him a swift punch in each arm from his brothers.

"You were on its shoulders?" Asked Lee.

"Your wand was up its nose?" Scoffed Maddi.

"You knocked it out?" Asked George.

"With its own club?" Finished Fred.

"You were given house points for this?" Questioned Percy who had come over to find out if he needed to punish the first years or not.

"Was Draco there?" I NEED to know.

"What about Heather?" Asked Holly.

"No, I seen them go down to the dungeons with the rest of the Slytherin's." Said Harry.

"See Lissa. He's fine." Fred whispered to me.

That made me relax knowing the troll had already left the dungeons. All of a sudden, I felt and heard my stomach make the biggest rumble it had ever made.

"Hungry?" Asked Lee sarcastically.

"Just a bit." I replied while picking up the plate Freddie had put together for me. "Thanks Freddie." I whispered to him.

"No problem, Lissa."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER

I do not own any of these characters except Melissa, Holly and Maddi. The rest belong to J.K Rowling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424 56 22
My name is Victoria Rose Black. My father is Sirius Black, yes, the murder. When I was 3 he was arrested and thrown into Azkaban, after the murder of...
229K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
591K 13.4K 200
P A R T O N E Electra was born to Sirius and Nova Black When she was young Sirius was convicted of a crime he did not commit, which would have lef...
301 9 59
Lucinda Black is daughter of Sirius Black and student in Hogwarts, she was sorted in Gryffindor. Her mother was killed when she was four by some Deat...