Weight of the World

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Molly Winchester has hunted things that go bump in the night for as long as she can remember. When she and h... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
New Town Arrival
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Saving People, Hunting Things...
Book Two

03

435 10 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

At school, Scott and Molly met up with Stiles who asked, "So you killed her?"

"I don't know," Scott replied. "I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"I have. More than once," Molly said softly with a shudder. "Dean's a really huge comfort when I wake up screaming."

Stiles glanced at Molly worriedly, then turned to his best friend. "Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently."

""A," I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and "B," never give me or Molly that much detail about you in bed again," Scott said.

Molly grimaced. "Yeah, please no. Reminds me of Dean. And not in a good way."

Stiles nodded. "Noted. Let me take a guess here-"

Scott cut him off. "No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"No, of course not. Yeah, that's totally it. Hey, come on, it's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a lycanthropy class you can take."

"Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher."

Molly frowned. "Who, Derek? Aren't you forgetting the part where you two got him tossed in jail?"

"You were there too."

"Maybe, but who had the idea to dig up half a body? Not me!"

Stiles clasped a hand over Molly's mouth, glancing around. "You don't have to yell."

Molly pulled his hand off. "You do that again, I'll lick your hand."

"What are you, five?"

"I live with giant five-year-olds. Guess I've picked up a few of their habits."

Scott glanced between them, then said, "Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real."

"How real?" Stiles and Molly asked.

"Like it actually happened."

They made their way outside to see a bus that looked like a supernatural creature had attacked it.

In sync, Stiles and Molly said, "I think it did."

Stiles glanced at Scott. "She's probably fine."

"She's not answering my texts, Stiles, Molly," Scott said as he began panicking.

From a distance, Dean and Sam were investigating the bus in their FBI suits.

Dean frowned. "This is bugging the hell out of me. You're saying it's not Scott that did this or the other werewolf, so who was it?"

Sam shrugged. "I have no idea. I guess we need to keep digging."

"It seems to me Molly and those boys will do the same." His phone chimed with a text. "It's from Molly. She says 'I saw you stalkers. Dean, my threat still remains'

"What threat? Dean, what'd you do?"

"I may have gotten angry that Scott hurt her and threatened to go after him and she said if I did that she disown me."

"And you didn't tell me?!"

"Look, man, she's okay. But I'm keeping an eye on Scott."

Sam rolled his eyes and turned back to the bus. "We have an investigation to finish."

The teens walked back into the school and Stiles replied, "It could just be a coincidence, all right? A seriously amazing coincidence."

"Just help me find her, okay?" Scott said. "Do either of you see her?"

"No," Stiles and Molly replied.

Scott walked off to look for Allison.

Stiles turned to Molly with a slightly worried expression. "Do you think..."

Molly shook her head. "Don't go there. It's not good to think that way."

A voice sounded over the loudspeaker. "Attention, students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled."

Molly caught sight of the brunette and pointed across the way. "Looks like he found her. Odd. I didn't see her this morning. Maybe she left the house early."

Stiles looked to where she was pointing and said, "Oh good. I don't want to have to console him."

They entered the classroom and sat down.

Scott looked at Jackson who asked, "What are you looking at, asswipe?"

Molly narrowed her eyes and said, "How about you quit being a jackass."

"Maybe it was my blood on the door," Scott guessed, giving Molly a small thankful smile.

"Could have been animal blood," Stiles said. "You know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something."

"And did what?"

"Ate it."

"Raw?"

"No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven. I don't know, you're the one who can't remember anything."

Molly glanced between the boys. "You two need to keep your conversation quieter. Someone besides me might hear it."

"Mr. Stilinski, Miss Winchester, if that's your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to pull the headphones out every once in a while. I think you two and Mr. McCall would benefit from a little distance, yes?"

Molly groaned and huffed, crossing her arms as she slid down in her seat.

"No," Stiles argued.

Harris didn't listen to their protests and instructed them to move.

"Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much," Harris said.

Molly raised a hand and said, "Mr. Harris, the separation anxiety is too much."

"Miss Winchester, I'm losing patience. You're not moving back to your original seat. At least not for today."

"That's stupid," she mumbled.

"Hey, I think they found something," Harley suddenly said.

Students gathered at the window and Scott said, "That's not a rabbit."

"Okay," Stiles noted. "This is good, this is good. He got up, he's not dead. Dead guys can't do that."

"Stiles, Molly - I did that."

Molly shook her head. "But dreams aren't memories."

"Then it wasn't a dream. Something happened last night, and I can't remember what."

"What makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?" Stiles asked.

"Because during the full moon he wasn't changed. He was in total control while I was running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy."

"You don't know that. I can't go out with Allison. I have to cancel."

Molly met his eyes. "No, you're not cancelling, all right? You can't just cancel your entire life. If my brothers or I did that, a lot of innocent people would die. We'll figure it out."

They entered the cafeteria and Lydia, who'd heard the tail end of what Molly had said, asked, "Figure what out?"

"Just, uh, homework," Scott lied.

"Yeah," Stiles agreed. "Why is she sitting with us?"

Molly shrugged. "Popular girl can sit where she wants."

Scott noticed Allison walking up and moved his backpack from the spot next to him.

"Thanks," Allison said.

Jackson walked up and ordered to a guy at the end, "Get up."

"How come you never ask Danny to get up?" the guy asked.

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriend's coin slot," Danny replied. "So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack. Probably a cougar."

"I heard mountain lion," Jackson said.

Lydia frowned. "A cougar is a mountain lion. Isn't it?"

Molly nodded. "Yes. It is."

"Who cares?" Jackson retorted. "The guy's probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway."

"Actually, I just found out who it is," Stiles said. "Check it out."

"The Sheriff's department won't speculate on details of the incident but confirmed the victim, Garrison Meyers, did survive the attack. Meyers was taken to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition."

Scott said, "I know this guy."

"You do?" Allison replied.

"Yeah, when I used to take the bus back when I lived with my dad. He was the driver."

Lydia glanced between the group. "Can we talk about something slightly more fun, please? Like, oh, where are we going tomorrow night?" She turned to Allison. "You said you and Scott were hanging out tomorrow night, right?"

"Um, we were thinking of what we were gonna do," Allison replied.

"Well, I am not sitting home again watching lacrosse videos, so if the four of us are hanging out, we are doing something fun. Five if Molly joins."

Molly smiled awkwardly. "Uh, I don't know about that. Third-wheeling is bad enough. I imagine being a fifth-wheel is worse."

"Hanging out?" Scott asked. "Like the four, five of us? Do you want to hang out, like us and them?"

"Yeah, I guess so," Allison replied.

"You know what else sounds fun?" Jackson shot back. "Do you wanna hang to, like us and them?"

Molly narrowed her eyes and hissed quietly before mumbling, "Ass."

"How 'bout bowling?" Lydia suggested, glancing at Jackson. "You love to bowl."

"Yeah, with actual competition," Jackson shot back.

"How do you know we're not actual competition?" Allison asked, turning to Scott. "You can bowl, right?"

"Sort of," Scott replied.

Jackson narrowed his eyes. "Is it sort of, or yes?"

"Yes. In fact, I'm a great bowler."

Molly glanced at Scott with a frown before turning back to Lydia. "Well I'm a terrible bowler. My brothers always make fun of me."

"I'm sure someone can teach you," Lydia said with a small smirk.

As Molly, Scott and Stiles walked down the stairs and Stiles said, "You're a terrible bowler."

"I know!" Scott exclaimed. "I'm such an idiot."

"God, it was like watching a car wreck. I mean, first it turned into the whole group date thing. And then out of nowhere comes that phrase."

"Hang out."

"You don't hang out with hot girls, okay? Well, except maybe Molly." He avoided Molly's gaze and cleared his throat. "Uh, it's like death. Once it's hanging out, you might as well be her gay best friend. You and Danny can start hanging out."

"How is this happening? I either killed a guy or I didn't."

Stiles frowned. "I don't think Danny likes me very much."

"I ask Allison on a date, and now we're hanging out."

"Am I not attractive to gay guys?"

"I make first line, and the team captain wants to destroy me, and now -- now I'm gonna be late for work."

"Wait, Scott, you didn't - am I attractive to gay guy - you didn't answer my question," Stiles said. "Molly! Am I attractive to gay guys?!"

Molly stared at Stiles and blinked slowly. "Grow your hair out and maybe you have a chance."

Stiles nodded then said, "Hey Molly? Be careful, okay?"

She was still staring at him and her face morphed to a quizzical expression. "Yeah. I will be."

---

After a text to make her way to Stiles' house, the two joined Scott and made their way to the bus.

Scott got out of the Jeep and Stiles and Molly began following.

"Hey, no, just me. Someone needs to keep watch. Two people would be more preferable."

Stiles frowned. "How come I'm always the guy keeping watch?"

"Because there's only three of us, and someone should make sure you don't do anything illegal."

"Okay, why's it starting to feel like you're Batman and we're Robin?
I don't want to be Robin all the time and I don't think Molly wants to be Robin either."

Molly scoffed lightly. "If anyone's Batman, it's Dean. But Scott is right. Someone should have your six and keep watch."

"Nobody's Batman and Robin any of the time," Scott told them.

"Not even some of the time?" Stiles asked.

"Can I be Wonder Woman?" Molly asked in a hopeful tone.

"Just stay here," Scott instructed. "Molly, watch him."

"Oh, my God!" Stiles cried. "Fine. I don't need a babysitter, Scott!"

"Wait, Scott, you didn't answer me!" Molly said.

Stiles glanced at the blonde and nodded. "You can be Wonder Woman."

Stiles and Molly got back in the Jeep and she rested her feet on the dashboard as she began drumming her hands on her thighs.

She stopped suddenly as red and blue illuminated the dark. "Uh, we've got cops."

"Come on - come on-" Stiles muttered, panicking.

Scott ran up and climbed into the Jeep as he yelled, "Go! Go! Go! Go!"

"Did it work?" Stiles asked. "Did you remember?"

"Yeah, I was there last night. And the blood - a lot of it was mine."

"So you did attack him?"

"No. I saw glowing eyes in the bus, but they weren't mine. It was Derek."

"What about the driver?" Molly inquired.

"I think I was actually trying to protect him."

"Hang on, why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver? Logically, that makes no sense. He's just putting blame on himself, so why would he do that?"

"That's what I don't get."

"It's got to be a pack thing," Stiles guessed.

"What do you mean?"

"Like an initiation. You do the kill together."

"Because ripping someone's throat out is a real bonding experience?"

"Yeah, but you didn't do it, which means you're not a killer. And it also means that-"

"I can go out with Allison."

"I was gonna say it means you won't kill me or Molly."

"Oh, yeah. That too."

Stiles dropped Molly off at Allison's and she entered the house.

Molly walked up the stairs to see Lydia sifting through Allison's closet as she said, "Mmm, pass. Pass. Let me see. Pass. Pass. Uh, pass on all of it. Allison, respect for your taste is, uh, dwindling by the second." She held up a dark shirt. "This."

Lydia noticed Molly standing near the door. "Hi, Molly. Um, what is that?"

Molly glanced down at her shirt. "Plaid and plain T-shirt? Lydia, I swear to God-"

The strawberry blonde shook her head. "Right. No, it's okay. You look good."

Allison turned at the figure who'd entered the room. "Dad, hello?"

"Right," Chris said. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot to knock."

Lydia laid on the bed and smiled. "Hi, Mr. Argent."

"Dad, do you need something?" Allison asked.

"I just wanted to tell you that you'll be staying in tonight," Chris told his daughter. "Molly, your brothers want you staying here too."

"What? Molly and I are going out with our friends tonight."

"Not when some animal out there is attacking people."

"Dad, Dad, I'm - uh-"

"It's out of my hands. There's a curfew. No one's allowed out past 9:30 P.M. Hey, no more arguing." He walked away.

"Someone's daddy's little girl," Lydia commented.

Allison pursed her lips. "Sometimes. But not tonight." She put on a beanie and opened her window.

"What are you doing?"

"Eight years gymnastics." She flipped onto the ground. "Are you two coming?"

"I'll take the stairs," Lydia decided.

Molly smirked lightly. "I've jumped out of windows. This is nothing."

She jumped out the window and landed a superhero pose. "So cool!"

Allison chuckled and said, "That was cool."

---

They made their way to the bowling alley and as soon as everyone was there, Lydia introduced Molly to her date. "Molly, this is Jake. Jake, Molly."

Jake smiled and shook Molly's hand. "Nice to meet you."

"And you," Molly replied, yanking her hand back.

The six teens started a game and Scott said, "You look like you know what you're doing."

"Used to bowl a lot with my dad," Allison replied. "When was the last time you bowled?"

"Uh, at a birthday party - When I was eight."

Molly smiled awkwardly. "Still terrible, so..."

"I'm so bad at this," Lydia said, noticing how well Allison was doing. "Somebody brought their "A" game."

Allison got a strike and Scott complimented, "Nice job."

Jake went next got a spare. "Give me a damn strike!"

"Maybe next time," Molly told him as he tried kissing her cheek. "Do it and I hurt you."

"You're up, McCall," Jackson stated.

"You can do it, Scott," Allison encouraged, turning to Lydia's date. "Jackson? Mind shutting up?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just flashing back to the words "I'm a great bowler.""

"Maybe he just needs a little warm-up."

"Yeah, maybe he just needs the kiddy bumpers."

Molly shot Jackson a look before turning to her friend. "Maybe try aiming for the middle? I should probably take my own advice."

"How about you aim for anything except for the gutter?" Jackson taunted as Jake laughed.

Allison glared at the two boys. "Let him concentrate."

"Come on, just one pin, please," Scott whispered.

Scott once again missed and Jake said, "Nice job, McCall. Man, you are so skilled."

Molly turned to her date and narrowed her eyes. "You diss him again, it won't end well for you. I know a lot of places to make you hurt."

He wiggled his brow. "I bet."

"Not in that way! Pressure points to make you pass out or end up hospitalized."

"Don't worry," Allison reassured. "We only just started." She walked closer to her date. "Scott. You're thinking too much."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm ruining this," Scott said.

"No, no, not at all, but I wouldn't mind shutting them up, so just clear your head and think about something else."

"Like what?"

"Anything." She thought for a moment and leaned close to his ear. "Think about me. Naked."

Scott grinned and the game suddenly clicked.

"What did you say to him?" Lydia asked curiously.

"Uh, I just gave him something to think about," Allison replied.

Molly nodded. "Nice job."

Allison grinned. "That is seriously amazing. Jackson, uh, how many strikes is that?"

"It's six," Jackson said. "In a row."

Jake frowned. "Molly's strategy clearly worked and she's gaining on my score!"

Molly smirked. "Good. You could do with losing. In more ways than one."

"Maybe it's the natural talent," Allison guessed.

"I could use some natural talent," Lydia stated as she turned to the werewolf. "You mind helping me out this time, Scott?"

Scott shook his head. "No, you're good. Go for it."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence."

"Hey, I'll help," Jackson offered, standing behind her.

"How about I just try this on my own?" She bowled and turned to the others. "I think I'm getting the hang of it."

"That was sort of perfect form," Allison said.

"Was it?"

Molly rolled her eyes, irritated by how dumb Lydia was acting. "Maybe you should stop pretending to suck for his benefit. Quit dumbing yourself down."

Lydia narrowed her eyes slightly. "Trust me, I do plenty of sucking just for his benefit."

"Ew."

BOWLING ALLEY ARCADE

"Nice shot, man," Scott complimented. "Listen. I know we both didn't want to be here. But the thing is, we don't have to hate each other."

"I don't hate you," Jackson replied. "I just don't believe you. You know, you got everyone thinking everything's fine and normal about you, but I know something's off. You cheated tonight."

"How do you cheat in bowling?"

"I don't know, but you did. And I don't know if it's steroids or something weirder. I'm guessing something weirder since it's pretty obvious that your a freak. So don't think for a second I've given up on finding out what your little secret is. Or Molly's. You think I haven't noticed how she clearly knows more than she lets on or how unsurprised she seems by whatever's going on?"

"I don't have any secrets, and neither does Molly."

"Yeah, you two do. And here's the other thing. I don't know why, but I think whatever it is you're hiding, you don't want her to find out about it, either."

---

Jake dropped Molly off at the Argents'.

Molly noticed the Impala and darted inside, hoping she wouldn't get caught.

She ran up the stairs, got in bed, and threw the covers over herself, making sure to cover her shoes and clothes.

As Molly shut her eyes, the door opened and Sam said, "See, Dean? I told you. She's asleep."

Dean sighed. "She's safe. You're right. If she'd been out there when that bus driver was killed-" He glanced at his phone. "The sheriff wants us to join him at the hospital."

"Thankfully she wasn't. Sleep well, Molly."

When the door closed, Molly threw back her covers and did the pillow trick to make it look like she was in bed before climbing out her window.

---

She made her way to Scott's house just as Melissa pulled into her driveway.

Stiles glanced at Molly. "You had the same idea."

Molly nodded. "Yeah. Dean said something-"

"About the bus driver dying?"

"Yeah. How'd you-"

"I overheard my dad. Come on. We're going through the window."

Stiles and Molly climbed up a tree and the former opened the window. He entered Scott's room through the window and pulled Molly in.

Melissa walked into Scott's room and said, "Hey, Scott, I'm gonna go to - sleep. Seriously, Stiles, Molly, what the hell are you two doing here?" She was armed with a wooden bat.

"What are we doing?" Stiles asked. "God, do any of you even play baseball?"

"What? Can you please tell your friends to use the front door?"

"But we lock the front door," Scott replied as he entered his room. "They wouldn't be able to get in."

"Yeah, exactly. And, by the way, do either of you care that there's a police-enforced curfew?"

"No," Stiles, Scott and Molly answered.

"No. All right then. Well, you know what? That's about enough parenting for me for one night, so good night." She walked away.

"What?" Scott asked.

"My dad and Molly's brothers left for the hospital 15 minutes ago," Stiles told them. "It's the bus driver. They said he succumbed to his wounds."

"Succumbed?" Scott repeated, confused.

"He's dead, Scott," Molly said.

As Stiles and Molly left Scott's house, the former turned and asked, "How was the date?"

Molly shrugged. "He was an ass, I don't want to go out with him again."

"Did you have fun bowling at least?"

"I actually did. You should probably take me back to Allison's before my brothers see the old pillow trick."

"I'm glad you did. Yeah, good idea."

He drove to Allison's house and as Molly got out, he said, "Sleep well. I'll see you tomorrow."

Molly waved. "See you tomorrow, Stilinski."

She walked inside, kicked off her shoes, and curled up in bed, soon falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 356 65
COMPLETED [Book 2] Kaelin Whittemore/Hale was depressed. Growing up she knew she was different, she just didn't know she was the daughter of a serial...
2.6K 94 30
Months later after the Kanima and her mother's death, Casey is back in Beacon Hills to start off her freshman year at Beacon Hills high school. But t...
41.4K 579 54
Kasia Stilinski is no stranger to the supernatural, but being around a werewolf, a Banshee, werewolf hunters, and other such residents of Beacon Hill...
512 33 13
Each chapter is episode based. I don't own teen wolf or any characters/plot. This is just a bit of a retelling with some differences to the show. Ho...