Reborn

Par TheHiddenSecret1

My name is Mei Kurosu, 14 years old. I am known as the 'all-knowing child,' but it isn't because I see the fu... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Special Chapter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Special Chapter II
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 22

1.1K 63 11
Par TheHiddenSecret1

Hello Everyone! How are you? What are you doing? What are you planning for the holidays? My god, I cannot believe this year is almost over. I don't know about you, but I am so happy that this year will be over. Then again, I've been saying that majority of the time.

Anyway, I found some inspiration in writing again because I got a cute keyboard with a new computer. Those little things make you want to start writing, and it sounds entertaining. Also, I want to thank all of you for being so patient with me and loving my stories.

Let's get one with the story, shall we?

I do not own Vampire Knight.

Eyes having two different colors has a name to define the reasoning behind their strange changes. It is known as heterochromia. Different colored eyes are scarce and are mainly seen in dogs and cats. Some causes like an illness or injury to have their eyes not be similar. Heterochromia is widely popular in anime, manga, and games, but my brain cannot understand something. From what I remember, Rido has heterochromia, but my research about the cause has shown the same thing repeatedly. It could be genetics through birth, but no one in the Kuran family has it. This leaves the assumption of him having some illness as a child or an injury.

Rido Kuran never got along with his parents, but they would not go as far as to hurt their oldest son. He could have caused some injury to himself by acting recklessly. On the other hand, I could be overthinking this, which is some congenital disability. It is obvious to see my interest in wanting to know more about the elder brother. Why did he fall hard for his sister? How did he turn out to be insane? Why did he do the things that he did?

The memories of Anastasia could only give me so much information, and the hunter reports were not enough either. There is so little information about him in the past. I want to understand. I wanted to see where his head was at. I want to put the missing pieces in the puzzle.

"You're obsessed with this."

Zero comments while making broth in the kitchen. I glared at his back from the living room with papers on the table and floor. These are all reports about Rido, Juri, Haruka, and their parents. Even I know my increasing curiosity could be an obsession over them. As I read them repeatedly, something seems strange about these papers. Juri was found in the bathroom with blood and dust coating the floor, and her dress lay with nobody to fit in it. There was a report about Kaname standing lifeless in front of the manor mansion with the remains of Haruka's body on the floor.

My eyes widened as realization hit me behind the reason. Haruka was not supposed to be found in the snow but the only thing remaining was his clothes. I flipped to behind the page but was meant with the description of Juri's death. I scrambled my papers to find the other pages of this report to see if my theory was correct.

"page 11, 12...14. It's missing. The Kuran report is missing a page."

"Mei, come on. Let's eat-"

Zero stopped his speech for me to stare at him. I revealed the three pages that were missing one of their pages. Funny enough, it was about the report of Haruka and Yuki. Hopefully, Zero is something strange about this report to want to solve the missing pages. A scream from the bathroom grabbed our attention, and it was Yuki.

We ran towards the bathroom to meet up with Ichiru standing in front of the door with wide eyes. He was just as surprised as we were. I remember the last time the three of us were all in the bathroom with a minor incident. We do not want another incident between Zero and Yuki now. Yuki is still an airhead because the door was not locked at all. I gave the door three knocks.

"Yuki, it is Mei. Zero and I heard screaming. Is everything okay?"

It is not okay. I do not know what is going on in Yuki's head anymore nor the interactions between Kaname, Zero, Father, or anyone else. It is troubling that I cannot be there for her, but Yuki is not a little girl. The garden Kaname has set for her is slowly breaking. Rido made his appearance as that little boy in front of Yuki and me. It is only a matter of time before Yuki Kuran is revealed. Yuki only allowed a crack to open, but it was a signal for me to enter. I saw Yuki cowering in the bathtub corner staring at the water in fear upon entering the bathroom.

"Mei, I... I tried to remember my past. First time in ages... when I did..."

A slight frown was placed on my face as I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around her head. I helped Yuki out of the bathtub then dried her hair to avoid a cold.

"Yuki, would you like to go to the Hunter Association?"

She responds to my question by staring at me in confusion with wide eyes.

"If you are trying to remember your life before the age of five, it may be time to find some clues related to your parents' disappearance. It is time, Yuki."

Even though I say this, I need to go to the Hunter Association and find the missing report of the Kuran family. It is essential to retrieve this information and confirm my theory about Haruka Kuran before Yuki burns the pages. I grabbed a more oversized towel to wrap Yuki into staying warm. I had her stay in the bathroom to think about this, then walked out to face Zero and Ichiru. I had them aware of us heading to the Hunter Association in the process of finding Yuki's missing memories.

"The Hunter Association? Mei, are you sure about this?"

Ichiru asks in concern. I understand his concern because my announcement of the new President was yesterday. However, my concern is Zero's situation being a stable Level D vampire. He is also the target of being the main suspect in killing Shizuka Hio. I glanced at Zero, who focused his gaze on me.

"I'll do whatever you think is best, Mei."

Zero's response brought a smile to my face. It was settled for us to make an appearance at the Hunter Association headquarters.

In honesty, I thought it was only going to be the four of us but how wrong was I? My father would obviously come with us but what doesn't make sense is him?

"Why the hell are you in your human form, Yamato?!"

I yelled at the familiar hiding behind Father. This bird has disappeared from my sight but appears nonchalantly as nothing has happened. He is the only person that is aware of me remembering my past life as Anastasia too. What is this?

"You haven't called for my name in a while so I was worried. Besides, you're heading for that place which prevents me from hearing anything."

Yamato replied in a logical sense of reasoning. There was a reason behind not calling him during those situations. I did not need saving and none of those situations required him. I glanced at Yamato to find him surveying the area. He must have noticed the feeling of vampire hunters at every corner of this town. Now that I think about it, familiar life is as long as any vampire In fact, the familiar dies with their owner but the owner can force them to have another master. Yamato, who are you?

"We are here."

Father announces as we entered the building. The decor and structure are exactly how I imagined them to be. Father never allowed me to enter the building but brought the letter and paperwork directly to the house. The atmosphere was tense without the amount of staring at Zero and bowing towards me. This feels so awkward.

"Well, well, if it isn't the new little President with her little rebels. I thought the entrance ward of vampires from entering but you came in without a scratch. You've been domesticated then with that little band on your neck."

This rude man is one of the oldest vampire hunters but a trainer to the newest one. He mainly works in the building but has moments of going on missions. The way he speaks is normal including the angry expression on Yuki's face. She is still unaware. I stopped Yuki from saying anything by simply patting her head.

"You shouldn't talk so rudely to him. Zero is born from the Kiryuu family that is superior among the hunters, plus add to the powers of a vampire. He can become an important ally to us. He is stable enough to aid us, don't you think?"

The aura between the elder man and me was intense to see lighting flickering. I had tried hard to convince Kaname Kuran and my father into the day class. This man is not going to prevent me from letting all of my hard work go down the drain. In a few seconds, the man bowed his head in apology then walked off with an irritated look. If it was the former president, he would act all apologetically with a frown on his face. These hunters do not trust me as their president yet.

"My, my, I didn't think I would see you again so soon."

That voice brought chills down my spine. Their sickening sweet voice was hiding a much darker secret. This is going to be fun. I sighed softly then bowed in respect to the person.

"Former President, an apology for arriving without alerting you of our arrival. We are here to look through the documents of 10 years ago. My sister needs to look for something."

The President stared at my sister with their mischievous olive-green eyes. I moved to stand in front of Yuki but their gaze went to the back. For a split second, I thought I witnessed their eyes largening upon the sight Yamato. Yamato was not fazed by the former President or acknowledged them. I suppose Yamato disapproves of this person as I do. The President closed their eyes with the fan hiding half of their expression.

"I understand. These are private reports. I will only show them to you because Mei needs to learn about the headquarters as much as possible."

They say walking ahead of us while I stand next to Father. My father and I glanced at each other before sighing in the exhaustion of feeling stress by this President give us. We were finally able to make it to the library of records. This was much bigger than I watched and read about in Vampire Knight. These are century works between the Vampire and vampire hunters. All things that could make my anxiety levels calm down. Not wasting another minute, I head towards the books in search of finding the report 10 years ago.

I found a book containing the original copy of the Kuran massacre. Perhaps the missing pages could be found here but it wasn't on the page I originally thought. This page was talking about the wonderful birth of Juri Kuran. Did the Hunters shorten the version or was someone tampering with my papers? There are some loyal followers of Rido Kuran within the association. Those idiots suspect I'm an ignorant kid. Even though my title is the all-knowing child, it does change their perspective about me young and ignorant. I flipped through a few of the pages but it had nothing to do with the Kuran death.

"...Where... could it be? If I don't find it before..."

"Mei, look at the shelves."

I faced Yamato glaring at the empty spot from where the previous book was placed at. The shelf was a different color than the rest. By moving the miscolored shelf to the side, there was a stack of papers not even published to the library reports. It must have been quite old because of spider webs sticking close to it. I reached for the mysterious papers then read the hunter's name. The first name was fuzzy but I could perfectly make out the last name.

"...Kiryuu... Zero's parents?"

"Do you think the reason behind Kiryuu's parents being so heavily involved wasn't because of their children?"

Yamato asked me as we stared at each other surprised.

"They saw something that was not supposed seen?"

"Then..."

I immediately flipped the page to stare at the handwritten report of what seems to be Zero's father's handwriting.

"For those that have found this report, it means that my wife and I have departed from this world. We can no longer protect our children but we know our children will be safe. They are strong through any challenges heading their way.

You're probably wondering why this report is hidden. I have begun to suspect there are traders among the association. I cannot trust anyone with what I have witnessed but it is exhausting keeping the truth to myself. The horror is eating up my wife too. We cannot continue living like this but we must protect our sons. To the person reading this now, please understand the reason behind our intention and keep this knowledge to yourself.

It all started when we were alert about the death of a Kuran. We entered the premises to see the Kuran mansion's door off its hinges and onto the snow. The Kuran son was standing beside a crouch Haruka. We saw Haruka holding a red scarf and tears pouring down his cheeks to mix with the dust and snow. This was my first time witnessing such a heartwrenching moment from Pureblood. I assumed the person was Juri Kuran but something was not right. My wife had alerted me about the smell of blood inside the building. We entered the building to see clothes laying on the floor with blood and dust in between the floorboards. This dress seems to be more of Juri Kuran style but who was the person outside?"

My hands were shaking as the report did not make any sense. Two people died on that day of Yuki losing her memories. Juri Kuran succeeds in sacrificing her life for erasing Yuki's memories. Haruka was supposed to be stabbed by Rido Kuran but Zero's father is saying this. Then, this means that Haruka Kuran is. A startled scream from Yuki grabbed our attention. I hid the papers in my jacket to read more of this later. Yamato put the shelf back properly with the fake Kuran death book back. We went to where Yuki and everyone else was. A page from the book Yuki was looking at was burning up in flames. Anything related to that day, 10 years ago, the evidence will burn into flames. I can't let Yuki read this from Zero's parents. If anyone read this paper, then they would know.

Haruka Kuran is alive.

Finally! I have been waiting on how to bring this surprise alive. This chapter was perfect because it related to the Hunter Association. I know this is somewhat of a short chapter but hear me out. This was a time for Mei to finally get some answers. I wanted Mei's presence to create a big impact on the story plot and changes.

Another thing, I've noticed a lot of you guys are Aidou fans and want me to write an interaction between Aidou and Mei about Kaname like in the anime. Here is the problem, I went to the next pages in the manga and discovered one biggest flaw. Aidou is not in the Academy but at home with the Night Class. That ruin my plot for the next chapter because it was my favorite part in the anime. However, I am following the manga story plot.

Instead, I have an idea. I have created an Ichiru Pov so the next chapter could be about Aidou's perspective about Mei. This idea is going to be hard because that means the chapter is my original but with the Vampire Knight character. Let me know what you guys think.

Until Next Time

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

8.3K 72 27
小奶兔在清冷神尊怀里撒个娇 作者:何去兮 Not my Story
31.5K 582 13
"I've got a big problem, Alec...I don't think I can hate you anymore." His breathing shallowed, but Alec's lips curved into a tiny smile that Apollo...
582K 21.2K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
172K 6.2K 23
They first appeared in her dreams, now they're a reality. They might be dangerous, but they're passionate, too. One day, Somi's life is perfect, the...