The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 31

2.6K 118 19
By AvaFics

~*~

Rosh covered his disgust with a smile on his face. His clenched hands shivered in anger under the table as he screamed inside. Why the fvck does he have to stay in the same room as them?

The crown prince Arthur drank his tea as he chatted with Josh and Selina Vesta.

Rosh just looked at them the whole time while he munched some cookies. As he chewed the crumb, his cheek twitched at them.

'These prats are treating me like air. If they'll just ignore me, why did they even invite me in this troublesome tea party in the first place!?'

''They are shameless pricks, Master.'' Amros said, Rosh agreed. They're bold and shameless kids.

Arthur turned his head to him and gave him a smile. ''Young master Rosh, are you somehow uncomfortable?''

'Fvck you. Can't you see I'm dying here in tension because of your fvcking highness?' Rosh wanted to say but just returned a smile.

''Of course not, your highness. It's just it is one of my rare times being with kids my age.''

''Really? Well, I heard you were kidnapped just days ago, no? How was it?'' The prince asked. This took the attention of Josh and Selina, they turned their heads to them.

''Uhm, Prince Arthur, I think that topic will make young master Rosh uncomfortable.'' Selina said.

Rosh looked at her with furrowed brows, of course, he only displayed his distaste openly when the others had their attention out of him.

Prince Arthur put down his tea and interlocked his hands on his crossed legs.

''Oh, we wouldn't want that would we? Did I make you feel bad somehow, young master Rosh?'' Rosh could hear the mockery in his voice, making his rage go up from the inside. ''No, your highness. You are only concerned of my well being.''

''That spoiled dunce dared to mock my master!?''

'Quiet, Amros.'

''That's a relief then.'' Prince Arthur circled his finger on the teacup.

''I hope you aren't offended, young master. His highness can be a bit playful at times.'' Selina tried to cover for the prince, in fear that Rosh was offended.

''I am not, Lady Vesta. But it is of no concern to you.'' Rosh sounded kind but the end of his words says otherwise.

'In other words, don't talk to me b*tch.'

Selina was speechless. Her cheeks heated up in embarrassment. Arthur saw his sweet friend being humiliated slightly by Rosh and got pissed.

''Is that not a bit rude, young master?''

''Oh? Was I misunderstood, your highness? I apologize, I didn't mean it in a bad way, Lady Vesta.'' Rosh stopped himself from curving a smirk unto his lips.

''Ye-yes. I understand, y-young master.'' She barely mumbled her sentence.

The prince furrowed his brows but didn't say anything.

''A-Arthur...u-uh brother? How was your studies? I heard you resumed in tutoring yesterday?'' Josh wanted to lower the awkward atmosphere building up.

'For once in your life, your words are useful Josh.' Rosh said as he came up with an idea to escape. He clasped his hands together and smiled brightly.

''Oh yes, my teacher is very worried of me and——oh! Right, brother. I still have classes for today. I'm sad that we have to bid our farewells now.''

He stood up to them. ''May I excuse myself, your highness? Lady Vesta?..and brother.''

''O-okay, brother.''

''You're excused.'' Arthur said.

''Thank you. I'll leave now, your highness. Brother and Lady Vesta.'' He fixed his collar and bowed for 'proper' manners. He stepped away from them while purposely saying things to add to his alibi. ''Oh how late I am now.''

Rosh grinned sweetly before turning his back and left the room, followed by Yves and 'Hugo'. Leaving the three children staring at the empty seat beside them.

-

Rosh told Yves to leave them in the study except Hugo, which she reluctantly followed.

He and his 'knight' went inside the study and saw Diego waiting for him at the table.

''Ah, teacher, it's been a while? Or has it been?'' Rosh said as he sat infront of Diego, while 'Hugo' stood on guard behind.

Diego shot him a look. ''We met yesterday.''

''It was a spice for an intimidating sentence, Diego.'' Rosh waved his hand with a 'meh' expression.

''What a joke.'' He rolled his eyes.

''That aside, what do we learn now? Not that I have to learn anything. And before you tell me I'm bragging, I'll appreciate if you call it confidence.'' Rosh smugly tapped his finger while grinning.

Diego just looked at him with a glare and sighed deeply. Each time, Rosh is becoming more and more prideful. He knew the child was powerful, but too much confidence on himself will bring him down to carelessness.

With his thoughts, he slapped himself in his mind. 'What am I thinking?! It isn't like I care for this little devil or anything! Moreover, he's just a kid! A kid, Diego!' He shooked his head and calmed himself down.

''So, I've been meaning to say this for a while now.''

''Why I haven't been giving you information about your oh-so-beloved deceased girlfriend?'' Rosh said as if reading his mind. Not that he is, but he is indirectly doing it. Through Amros.

''If you knew then why the fvck aren't you giving me anything!? You're breaking your promise!'' Diego cursed and pointed at him.

Rosh darkened his eyes. ''You think I'm that petty that I'll use you without paying?''

''Yes!'' He instantly answered. Although Diego is scared, his pride won't let him be looked down by his student just because he has power.

''Well, understandable.'' Of course he would think that. After all, Rosh used his powers in him for blackmail and threats, it is unusual for someone to manipulate a person while giving them their salary.

Rosh went back to normal and shrugged. He used his mind to call out Amros.

Diego was shocked when a tall man with black hair and violet eyes suddenly appeared beside them. And he was even more surprised when the knight behind Rosh called him 'senior'! He started having a trail of thoughts. Was that man one of Rosh's servants? Was he also blackmailed? And is Rosh's knight an accomplice and knew everything about their matters!?

''This is Amros, just someone you don't know. Amros, give him what he needs.'' Rosh said.

Amros nodded and suddenly, a document full of hard proof of the cause of Therese's death, that includes the evidence of Diego's parents using money to use the bandits.

When Diego opened the document and read it overall, he was frozen in shock. Different emotions hauled inside of him that barely showed in his expression.

Shock. Confusion. Fear. And anger.

Shocked to know that the accident was created on purpose by his family. Confused as to why they did that. Fear of what will happen if he either will or will not pass the proof to the court. And anger because not just anyone but his own parents killed his beloved.

''Are..are these fabricated?''

''Hm?''

''I said. Are. These. Fabricated?'' He asked sternly.

''Of course not. Do you think the ministry wouldn't find out if those evidence were fabricated? Idiocy is risk, teacher.''

Diego's curled a fist and gritted his teeth. Rosh could almost see steam coming out of his ears that adds up to his darkened eyes.

His appearance somewhat satisfied Rosh, in a way, Diego can finally clear up the false truth he will be and have been living on in the past.

''Happy now?''

Diego scoffed madly.

''Never better.''

***

''You'll suffer for the rest of your days.''

''Just wish for a better magic in the next life. Dreams are free after all.''

''Hyacinth is so pitiful, having to take care of a dying waste.''

'Stop..please..'

''A child like you doesn't deserve to live.''

'No..sister told me I'll live..'

''You're just a stupid girl eating more than you could chew!''

'I..I never meant it to be that way..'

''You are so useless!''

'I'm not..they never loved me for my use.'

''Having a foolish thought of surviving when your body is already showing its denial!''

'I wanted to live longer..to see more than what I could...see more of the world..'

''You can't even fight for yourself. You're hopeless, you'll never live long..''

'But..my sister believes I will..'

''Powerful yet weak. Your life is a mess. Better have it gone soon.''

'No..I don't want to...I still want..'

''You don't deserve to see the world. You're just a girl with mana malfunction.''

''Even with a strong blessing, your constitution is weak.''

''Your body won't hold on for long. It's gonna diminish after time have passed long enough.''

''Just die already.''

''You're a crumbling bead...no worth and no value.''

''You. Are. Nothing.''

''NO!''

The black haired girl suddenly sat up, her body excessively sweating in cold and her face paling.

She looked down and saw her hand shaking, she clenched it.

''Again. And longer this time...'' She mumbled.

Her blessing have started to fluctuate again recently. And it has been worse than it ever was.

The feeling of being trapped in a void of silence. It was unbearable, a torturous kind of silence. When the whispers were heard, all she could hear were the downpour of mockery. The series of nightmare like hallucinations continued to happen for almost a month already, and it hasn't stopped since then.

In her mind, the words of the whispers pierced her heart like blades. She wanted to retort, but another part of her wanted to fall to their temptation.

The temptation to believe that she really is hopeless.

She could only fold her legs up to her chest, hug her legs and bury her face on her knees.

A whimper broke from her lips. Then silence.

Crying won't help, it wouldn't elongate her life nor help her control her powers. She could only grab a small beacon of hope from her sister, but then the light will fade away and leave her in the dark.

''Am I really...just gonna die like this?'' She wondered.

The Spring's eye. Her supposed savior isn't even confirmed if it were still existing, or was it lost or gone. There was nothing that could prove a slap in her face that she'll live.

''Aargh!!'' She screamed in frustration.

Suddenly the door opened, Hyacinth, her sister entered with a worried look.

''Are you okay? I heard you scream? Did you get hurt? Should I tell Carlos to call the physician?'' Hyacinth frantically asked her one by one.

The girl could only shot her sister a blank look. Her thoughts drifted to space again.

Was she really worth it? All the efforts and hardwork Hyacinth put just to give her a cure, was she, a waste, really worth it?

''You're worth it.'' She was taken aback by Hyacinth's voice. She looked at her and said flatly. ''I said that out loud didn't I?''

''You did.''

''I see.''

Hyacinth went and sat at the edge of her bed. She looked at the thin and sick features of her younger sister. Hyacinth scratched her index finger with her thumb, a habit when she's worried.

''Why did you scream?'' Hyacinth asked.

''Stress.'' Hyacinth didn't answer, obviously not believing her. The girl lied down and turned at the other side, not facing her sister. After a while she sighed. ''...nightmare.''

''Again?''

''Yes. It was worse than before.''

''I told you to eat the medicine to help you erase the nightmares. You never had a good sleep for weeks!'' Hyacinth said strictly as she looked at the untouched pills on the side table.

The girl layed on her back, she just shooked her head and covered her eyes with her arm.

''I don't want them.'' She said.

''But you 'need' them.'' Hyacinth added.

She didn't answer. Hyacinth quietly sighed deeply and stood up. She went towards the door to leave, not before she looked back at the small figure on the bed. Hyacinth's eyes darkened for a second as she turned her back and left.

The girl left alone felt herself slowly drifting to sleep.

Unbeknownst to anyone, a slight glitch appeared on the girl's body before disappearing without a trace.

***

A/N:

Hello, guys! A happy belated Merry Christmas to everyone! Just updated this chapter this night since I have load.

Our house's wifi network was turned off because of a big storm that went pass our region. It blew up the roof of our kitchen and we needed to renovate it, that's why I couldn't update.

But luckily, data exists. So enjoy the chapter, guys.

Don't forget to vote and support. Lovelots!

-AvaFics

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 13.2K 49
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...
3.4K 241 47
Have you ever just look up to the sky and ask the Moon Goddess "Why?" I have. I do it every single night for the past four years. I don't know if I...
9.6K 317 60
A family, full of deceitful maniacs... A kingdom ruled by tyranny, yet the people aren't aware... A story full of lies and deceit, woven to manipulat...
49.4K 1.6K 49
She lead a rather tragic life. The black sheep of her family due to her lack of affinity for fire. Her affinity was quite the opposite. Water in fac...