Life Past The Recordings

By RoyalKareem

He's fine. No, really, He's already getting much better with only little to nonexistent pain left. But This... More

Sun Palace's Garden
Henituse Territory
Harris Village
Earth 7
Dear Beloved
Their Story
Wise Listener
Meet the others
One by One
Sink In
World Tree-nim
Late Endeavor
The Meeting
Drunk King and Hero
Hero or Villain?
Paint Your Name
Grave I Built
Ship Trip
a Map's History
Wind's Whip
Rest Well
Swim or Drown
Goodbye
Berserk
Clouded Judgment
Stand By You
The Void Within
Slipping Away
Not Yet
One at a Time
Presents
Serene Scene
Looting For Fun
Poison Ivy
Despair Bomb
Fire Within
Ugly Records
Start of The Chaos
For What it Worth
Death's Antagonist
Lethal Discoveries
Through The Forest
Light vs Darkness
Aim for the Kill
Clear the Ground
Black Folks & Black Sky
Shades of Black
Grey Area
Monochromatic Battle
Daylight Terror
Inner Turmoil
Treacherous Behavior
Backstab
The Hero's Death
Finish it All
This is Goodbye
Side Story: Sucker for Happy Ending (1)
Side Story: Sucker for Happy Ending (2)
Side Story: Sucker for Happy Ending (3)
Side Story: Sucker for Happy Ending (4)
Side Story: Sucker for Happy Ending (5)
Side Story: I'm going home (pt. 1)
Side Story: I'm going home (pt. 2)
Side Story: I'm going home (pt.3)

City of Life

1.7K 143 73
By RoyalKareem

After Raon teleported them to their next destination, Rok Soo- well, Moonlight, felt slightly lightheaded from all the trip he did back and forth.

That being said, he was not aware that his body is swaying a bit as the world felt like it tilts just as he realized that Raon got them teleported into a meeting room.

+

"Cale-nim!"

"Human!"

That black-colored duo exclaimed as they witnesses their red-headed friend and guardian stumbling just as soon he arrived.

The Cale they know, though always move fast whenever it was needed, they also know that He's not a fan of rushing things which he did for whatever reason they haven't yet figured out.

And that seems to be resulting in the piling fatigue on the Transmigator.

+

'Hm?'

Rok Soo knew that he won't fall with just that, however, it seems like someone actually caught on his arm.

"Are you okay?"

That red-head with black mask hummed as he straighten his back.

Since he is now dressing up as Moonlight, Rok Soo switched his mind-frame and began to act.

'Let's get the show on the road, I guess'

And with that, Moonlight nodded as he pressed his mask closer as if not wanting his identity to be revealed since the three of them are not the only ones present at the moment.

"Yeah. Just a bit dizzy."

He casually informed to the worried swordsman.

Honestly, Rok Soo was not all that surprised to find Choi Han already waiting for 'Moonlight' since he did come a bit late.

As in an hour late from the scheduled meeting.

Rok Soo purposely did that to set the stage all the while preparing for the near future's plan by sending an ominous letter to a certain mercenary king at the Eastern Continent.

+

"Oh?"

Glenn nudged his best friend's arm.

"It seems like we're up next"

Bud nodded, agreeing.

"The timeline is different than our own first meeting"

That blue-haired mercenary, however, was more curious to the content of that 'ominous letter' mentioned, as it's not shown on the screen.

'Well, if I wait we'll get to that part eventually, right?'

Which is why he just quietly watching the whole thing with a flask ready on his hand.

+

"Where were you? I thought you said you'll be back after sunset"

Alver, that quarter dark elf with black veil that covers his lower face, said from his seat.

"And I did."

Moonlight nonchalantly replied before then sighing at the concerned look on Choi Han's face.

Only then he reluctantly added.

"I just need to take care of something, there's no need to worry about it. Raon was with me"

While saying that, he patted the head of the now visible young dragon.

It seems like these people were all trustworthy of the young dragon's existence.

"That's right, Choi Han! We were extremely busy! Human is probably just tired"

Raon, of course has been briefed by both Cale and Rok Soo on how to act in front of the heroes. That being said, his restless tone was not fabricated at all.

"...Is that so? we should postpone this meeting then. You looked exhausted"

Moonlight shakes his head at that despite resting is absolutely something he needed and he's aware of it.

The thing is, if Cale based Moonlight from both himself and Rok Soo, then he should really act a bit more stubborn.

+

"I guess he's at least aware how bull-headed he can be"

That ex-holy maiden scoffed.

"Hannah! How could you say that?"

Jack scolded, yet the swordsmaster just shrugged.

"I mean, am I wrong, Oppa? The young master is a strong-willed person"

Well, honestly speaking, her brother agrees with the stubborn part. He was more vexed that his sister just compared their savior with the mentioned mammal. A bull, of all things.

It seems like he took her words albeit too literally.

+

"No, I still have many things to do. I can't retire for the day just yet"

He said so but just as he was about to peel himself away from the hero, he acts like he's too tired that his knees buckle from the lack of strength.

"Ah..."

That's the only sound he let out as he ended up having Choi Han to carry him bridal style with an exasperated expression.

'Ho? Even as far as carrying me?'

Rok Soo actually felt some sense of dejá vù because of it.

"Jagiya... please. Don't..."

The black haired Hero sighed softly.

His voice is so low, only the red-head could hear him.

"Please stop punishing yourself like this. I beg of you"

Rok Soo flinched from the name calling, but Choi Han sees it differently.

"Let's rest for today, okay? I promise to wake you up early in the morning if that's what you need. Or if you can just tell me what to do... you know that I'll do anything for you, right?"

Moonlight did not react much on how the taller male leaned his forehead to his own lightly feverish one.

Rather than that, Rok Soo's internally surprised and allegedly impressed.

'Woah. Cale really got him fully tamed.'

He couldn't help but think.

Back when he was at level 10 of the previous test, Rok Soo was quite disturbed to know that he is paired with his hyung-nim.

After all, Alberu is someone he knew and pretty much close with- not to be mistaken, he's also quite disturbed that he has to act like a soft lover to one of his close friends this time- But the monarch's actions were normal when he thinks of them as an actual couple.

Married, and obviously known and approved by the people.

Not to mention, they were inside of Roan Empire's Palace. Alberu's territory.

Obviously they're pretty much free to do anything as they're the highest rankings of the mentioned place.

In this setting, however?

Rok Soo had thought that Choi Han and Cal- well, Moonlight, would be more like a closeted couple or something.

Yet this swordsmaster doesn't seem to show any indication of being shy or shameful to be this openly affectionate with many others around.

'What did that punk do?'

Rok Soo was quite amused at how bold Cale's lover is. Surely this means the red-head himself allowed it to be happening that Choi Han dares to be this forward.

Which is new to Rok Soo.

After all, The Choi Han he knew would at least blush like the innocent man his face supported him to be.

+

Back in Earth 3, Choi Han's cheeks do turned red in affirmation as he gets all shy from how spots on Rok Soo is being.

And it only gets worse as both Raon and Mary patting his arm and back as if trying to console him or something.

+

'Then again, this bastard has boldly introduced the term 'Jagiya' and 'Yeobo' to Cale who knows nothing about Korean supposedly. I shouldn't be this surprised'

Those are terms that's basically used by married couple.

Really, Rok Soo should have figured it out.

Suddenly he can understand why Cale turned beet red at the slightest mention of his lover.

"Pfft"

He couldn't help his chuckle.

To which that confuses Choi Han who blinked at such reaction.

"Is there... something funny?"

Mindlessly, Rok Soo commented.

"You're so cute"

+

Well, that certainly set Choi Han's face on fire.

Figuratively of course.

Though if someone asks, he might as well say that it felt quite literally.

+

Rok Soo found the young couple, Cale and Choi Han, to be extremely adorable that he starts to curse on Cale's suicidal plan.

Thank goodness there's another way to deal with it, or else Rok soo would be swearing like a veteran sailor on Cale Henituse's name for the rest of his life even while officially sharing the said name back in his own world.

+

Some people actually chuckled at this as he found their Hero-nim's thoughts to be utterly ridiculous despite having his expression remained stoic.

. . .

No.

Actually.

That's probably what makes it more hilarious.

+

"I... uhh, thank you?"

Now this sight of Choi Han, looking shy while smiling innocently, is more similar to his friend. Rok Soo himself has witnessed this kind of expression sometimes.

Well, putting that aside...

Moonlight glanced around and sees dark elves all around, including Obante and Tasha who seemed to be waiting for his arrival like some others.

He then opens his mouth to talk.

"We should be having a meeting right now... but..."

Rok Soo dragged it out as he closes his eyes with a light frown as he reached for his chest.

He does not want to hear any of his ancient powers protesting through the nights and preventing him from getting good night sleep.

So.

"...I'm afraid you're wiser this time, Han-ah"

He decided to act a bit more dramatically.

To which, That actually alarmed the swordsmaster and many others way more than what he's planning for.

+

"I mean, if this Moonlight persona is created based on Cale Henituse's character, I think it's fair for them to be this panicky"

Odeus calmly commented as he poured himself some late drink.

If there's anything he found it funny, it would be that the red-haired's reaction himself.

He was the conductor of the situation yet he was all confused with the music he produced.

+

"Moonlight-nim, do you need healing? Should we call for Eruhaben-nim?"

A dark elf which Rok Soo is not all too familiar about, though has seen before, asked.

He knew this dark elf as one of the healers, but he presumed that the healing he's offering did not come from himself as they all should have known that Cale is a human, and thus did not match with their type of healing.

That being said, Rok Soo is more fascinated to hear the ancient dragon's name being mentioned oh so casually by a Dark ELF.

'It seems like Cale has somehow managed to get Eruhaben-nim to the Heroes side'

And for some reason he was sure that the gold dragon has found out about Cale's situation just like Mary, Alberu, Rosalyn, and the kids.

To which, knowing that he'd need Eruhaben for his next plan, he decided to take advantage of this situation and nodded.

"There's no need to rush Eruhaben-nim. I am okay. However, there's indeed something I'm curious about."

But of course everyone else couldn't help their concern after hearing that.

Well, Rok Soo could careless about what they're thinking as he asked Choi Han to put him down.

+

'Yeah, I don't think that'll happen, Cale-nim'

Choi Han knows himself enough.

Putting aside the different kind of affection he has for the red-head ex-commander to be compared with his parallel self, Choi Han could tell that he shared a thought with the other swordsman regarding this matter.

+

"No, I'm taking you back."

Rok Soo sighed but did not argue with the raven.

'This is pretty much a replay of his situation with the other Alberu'

It was that moment.

["You. Really... just what should I do with you"

Cale just simply looked away.

"Fine. We'll continue the date."

The red-head was relieved to hear that.

"-but there will be major changes of plan"

"Pardon?"

Cale snapped his head to the other before holding back a shriek as he was easily picked up in a princess carry.

"Uh... your majesty?"

"Not 'your majesty'. Just call me by my name as usual if 'my darling husband' is too embarrassing" Alberu playfully scolded.

Cale was out of words for a bit of a while though he did nodded at the request before making himself comfortable on the other's embrace.

'Ho, this is actually not that bad'

He's getting sleepy from how comfortable it actually is in addition to his mental exhaustion.

Cale only snapped back to his senses when he heard the other's chuckle.

"How stubborn. I told you to just get some rest"

Yet the goldilocks saw his lover shaking his head once again.

"The date..."

"Yes yes. We're heading there. It'll take some time, so go ahead and take a nap for a bit. I'll wake you up once we're there, okay?"

Alberu mentioned as he planted a gentle kiss to the other's forehead.

Cale just nodded to that as he get to rest his body some more, complying to Alberu's words. He was truly exhausted both physically and mentally.]

Rok Soo could not help his series of coughs once that random recording finished playing... on the worst timing, he might added.

+

"Oh no..."

Everyone can already smell the chaos that would ensued.

+

"Not a word"

Rok Soo stressed his order to Choi Han who has stopped on his track upon seeing red dripping on Moonlight's pale palm.

Meanwhile, with Rok Soo himself.

'Shit. This is the third time'

He counted this morning when he's with Cale and the others, this noon while having lunch with Raon, and now, witnessed by many watching eyes.

Each progressively worse that he could actually feel the stung deep inside of him now.

He's starting to think that using Embrace three times back to back might not be a good idea.

+

"You think!?"

Alberu can only yelled out his frustration before grumbling on his seat.

At this point, grace be damned.

'This crazy bastard is diving me nuts...'

+

It was that moment.

{Cale. Sleep.}

Only two words from the Cheapskate whose tone has turned sharper than usual, could be heard.

The Scary Rock did not even comment as he is busy trying to maintain this body with the Crybaby.

Rok Soo felt like he definitely has no other choice but to comply this time.

However, first, he turned to the still startled swordsmaster that carries him.

"Hmm. You said that you'll wake me up tomorrow early, right? I'll take your word about that. Goodnight."

And that's all he said before laying limp as he closes his eyes and finally giving in to his forgotten fatigue, while ignoring the concerned shouts of the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 30.5K 110
In the alleyways of Yiling, there was an abandoned child who did his best to survive. Everyday, he scoured for food and fought dogs who hurted him. I...
198K 12.2K 63
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! What the f*ck! Why i being this bastard!!? I looked at my face in the mirror, and saw the face of Venion'...
229K 13.3K 26
Cale, who was forced to rest everyday after he stabbed himself with the dagger, woken up in the world which he's familiar with, Korea. But he was so...
28.1K 1.8K 10
alberu has dreams where he's in a relationship with a trashy bastard who he's never even met before so it's a bit awkward to have to meet him ship al...