"Love Is A Word." | Killua X...

By apple-bean

"I can't love her." "Huh? It's normal to be in love, Fluffy." [Literally the only fanfic I might create.] Th... More

001 "Take a Break."
002 "You-"
003 "Is She Dead?"
004 "You're Here!?"
005 "Sorry Fluffy."
006 "Welcome To Drama Club!"
007 "It's Only a Joke."
008 "You Idiot!"
009 "Love!?"
010 "You Came."
011 "I Don't Understand."
012 "Hello Again."
013 "Meet Me at The Park."
014 "Trouble."
015 "Morning Jog."
016 "Refund Please. "
017 "September."
018 "Jealousy."
019 "Awake Yet?"
020 "My Rules."
021 "Umbrella."
022 "Sick."
023 "Mother Killua."
024 "Plan."
025 "Preparations. "
026 "Fancy Seeing You Here."
027 "Mine and Yours."
028 "Explain."
029 "It's Okay."
030 "I Knew You Once."
031 "Just The Beginning."
032 "Not Gonna Budge."
033 "Not So Simple."
034 "Little Liar."
035 "Alive and..Well?"
036 "Holding You Close."
037 "One New Message."
038 "October"
039 "Another Liar."
040 "Duck Conversation."
041 "Akemi's Love."
042 "Truth or Dare."
043 "Intertwined Hearts."
044 "Sudden Feeling."
045 "Aching Heart."
046 "Politely Disrespectful."
047 "Small Talk."
048 "Melancholy Thoughts."
049 "Party At...?"
050 "The Host."
051 "Hold My Hand."
052 "Everything Feels Calm."
053 "The Little Fish Girl-!"
055 "November. "
056 "blissfully hapless."
057 "Don't Disappear."
058 "Report."
059 "insanity."
060 "Communication."
061 "Past."
062 "present."
063 "Misplaced."

054 "Gorgeous Night."

305 12 12
By apple-bean

Killua's hands were wrapped around your waist as he greeted you, he had already missed being by your side.

The two of you had very different roles; the only time you two would on the stage together was when everyone gathered around at the end to take photos.

{Your P.O.V.}

"Gosh I'm hungry!" Akemi silently whined and stretched her back.

Killua let me go and stood by my side "I'm sure we can eat snacks, as long as they don't stain the costumes I assume." He questioned as the three of us walked back stage in the dressing room.

The girls dressing room was bigger than the boys, the only time the boys were in there was when everyone was eating.

"Ah this play sucks." Tenny said casually while he laid back on his chair.

"To you. I on the other hand love it so so much." Akemi said with a devilish grin.

"It's because you get to see him suffer, huh?" Shinoya answered as she walked up to us.

Akemi couldn't stop giggling at Tenny because of his mermaid costume, the group sat in a circle. The only person to have a chair was Tenny, because the rest of the seats were taken by the adults.

"We have about five minutes left, I think this play has been going pretty smoothly so far." Gon said as he gave everyone a positive smile.

"Yeah, but it all really doesn't matter until the ending part. A show or movie can be so satisfying throughout the story; but it seems it really depends on how the story ends. If the story doesn't have a certain ending the people are looking for then the entire story is pointless...well unless there's certain parts that people enjoy enough." Killua explained.

"Can we not think about that right now?" I said and gave a weak smile, I wasn't sure if the whole switching parts idea would fly with Ms.Tayana.

"Oh sure, my bad." Killua replied and scratched his head with a pouting expression.

"I'm going to need the sea witch, Ariel, the prince and crewmembers!" Ms.Tayana called.

"I guess it's time for us to get back on set." Killua sighed and looked at Tenny.

"Not until you bow to your princess." Tenny demanded and lifted his chin up high in a snobby way.

"Kinky." Akemi coughed out.

Shinoya and I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. Gon on the other hand was confused about how to react.

"Dammit Akemi! You ruin all my jokes!" Tenny complained.

"Are they jokes or a way for you to come out?" She replied with a smirk.

Tenny said nothing a got up, he went to go put on his princess dress.

"You upsetted the princess," Killua commented and stood up, "Well I'm off. I'll see you guys soon!"

Killua waved as he left, Shinoya followed behind him.

"What now?" Akemi asked me and Gon, she scooted closer to Gon

"Well-" Gon tried to speak.

"Excuse me, can the king please come behind the stage? He needs to be on set soon." A backstage staff member said in a stern voice.

"Oh I'll be right there!" Gon exclaimed.

He sat up on to his two legs and waved to Akemi and I.

"Bye-bye!" He said.

"Bye-bye!" Akemi replied with a smile.

Minutes passed and the sound of the audience applause was heard, "Do you think Ms.Tayana found out?" Akemi asked me in concern.

I hadn't thought about that for sometime now. I held my knees close to my chest, every now and then I glanced around the room.

One of the doors opened and Tenny's head poked through. Akemi and I quickly got up and rushed over.

"Shinoya told me that we don't need a voice changer or anything, we're just going to switch outfits." Tenny started to say in a whispering voice, "Do you remember the final lines?"

"Yeah I do." I said confidently, Tenny motioned his hand to follow him.

Akemi and I followed him to the women and men's restroom. I was the only one who still had my regular clothes underneath my costume, I slipped off the bird suit and gave it to Tenny.

"I'm gonna change into it and hand you the dress, ok?" He said as he entered the bathroom.

"Ok." I said and the two of us waited for him.

It was a quick process, I rushed to get backstage and met up with Killua behind set.

"Hey, are you ready?" Killua asked me.

I nodded and smiled nervously.

'Is this all gonna really work out?'

I got up on stage at the right time, I hadn't looked at the audience in a while. Everyone was staring at me and Killua.

'Is this what Tenny had to deal with? They look like they're judging me. Do they know?'

My palms were sweating a little, I took a deep breathe and said my lines. Killua was on stage with me and smiled brightly, I could tell that the only person I needed to look at was him.

The kiss scene was at the very end of the play, it went smoothly and quickly. Killua had held me close and swooped down to kiss me. I didn't know how to feel at that moment, especially infront of many people.

The music changed and everyone backstage came on set to bow down and the audience cheered.

Theater is terrifying and terrific at the same time, forgetting your lines, improvising, hideous makeup, beautiful  costumes, snobby people, nice people. It's all a mix of everything.

Ms.Tayana was calling out our names, "Here we have Tenny who played Ariel, the little fish girl!"

I tried to cover my face with the marriage veil that was on my head, I then bowed for a quick second and got back in my position.

The first play went well and the second one will start in thirty minutes.

{Killua's P.O.V.}

'I'm so tired...'

I had to stay in the same costume for two whole hours, after the second play I was the first to take off my silly costume.

"Finally! Real style!" I shouted with joy and went to see Gon.

He was stretching outside, I took a minute to look at the sky.

"Hey." Gon said quietly.

"Oh hey, are you exhausted?" I asked and stretched my back.

"Mmh. A little, it's been a while since we've been on set you know?" Gon responded and looked directly at me.

I paused and didn't know what to say in that moment. I just didn't want to think about that right now. And know that I'm reminded of being an actual celebrity...it just doesn't feel right.

"Gon...what should we do now?" I asked him trying to find just one answer.

Hope that things don't have to change.

"Ah...be happy with what we have now. You shouldn't need to worry about what comes next yet. We have another month and a half. Plus...you're starting to make me worried about this too." Gon admitted and shrugged his shoulders.

I nodded and sat on the edge of the entrance steps, Gon sat next to me.

The door opened and students poured out to leave, "Bye Gon!" As student said.

"Goodbye!" Gon said happily and waved.

"Do you know them?" I asked Gon.

"Nope!" Gon replied with a smile on his face, "but it's good to be kind."

"Yeah." I agreed and rest my hands on my knees.

"You two ready to go home?" Y/n asked us, she stepped down the stairs with Akemi.

"Shinoya and Tenny were picked up already." Akemi chimed in.

"Do your siblings know you're walking?" I asked Y/n.

"Yeah, I told them." She answered and sat on my right.

I gave her a look like I didn't believe her and she squinted her eyes and lifted her bottom lip.

"H-hey, what are you doing!?" I asked and backed up.

She laughed and booped my nose, turning her odd squinted look into a smile, "Do you believe me or what?" She asked.

I gave up right then and there, "I believe you! I believe you! Let's just go before it gets any colder!" I said trying not to stammer.

Y/n laughed and got up from the step, "haha, ok ok! C'mon then, Gon and akemi are already in the parking lot!"

The two of us grabbed our stuff and went to meet up with Gon and Akemi.

"Gosh, I'm so tireddd-!" Akemi yawned.

We had been walking for some time now, we passed the park and ice cream shop, everything was closed and it was cold out.

I didn't know where to look for I had seen these places before, so I looked up at the sky. I was scared of bumping into someone so I just stood staring at the sky.

I didn't know that the stars could be so beautiful. Something felt very satisfying inside of me. I then heard the shuffling of feet come to a pause.

"Hey fluffy, are you ok?" A soft voice said.

My eyes immediately looked toward the voice, it was her. Y/n. The others stood behind her and all I could do was stand in awe.

'Only two more months left. Two more months of a gorgeous night like this.'

"I'm great!"

[A/N: HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Thank you for almost 18k reads! I never thought this story would go anywhere after some time and I love that people enjoy this fanfic! Tbh I didn't think people would even be as interested in this story as I am.

I originally wrote the first few chapters of this story because of odd dreams I had and soon decided to make it a fanfic. It wasn't originally going to be a Killua x reader.

Anyways thank you so much for reading and I'll make sure to make a Christmas chapter (though I might not publish it on Christmas.) Thanks again!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 6.1K 92
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.2M 52.3K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
219K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
106K 3.3K 78
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...