scratch

By roxann_season

Sometimes we wish we could start from scratch. Cold and heartless Kaden Romano, was going to get his second c... More

updating and other info.
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Rejection (Kaden POV)
Chapter 3 - The Past, Changing The Present (Kaden POV)
Chapter 4 - The Past, Brought Me... (Kaden POV)
Chapter 5 - The Past, Building Us... (Kaden POV)
character key~~
Chapter 6 - The Past, The Fae Truth... (Kaden POV)
Chapter 7 - The Past, Breaking The Ice (Kaden POV)
Chapter 8 - The Past That Keeps On Coming, This isn't Twice (Kaden POV)
Chapter 9 - The Past, Two Black Spots, The First (Kaden POV)
Chapter 10 - The Past, Two Black Spots, The Second (Kaden POV)
Overview
Chapter 11 - The Past, Loved Twice, New Start (Kaden POV)
Chapter 12 - The Past, The Keepers and The Takers (Kaden POV)
Chapter 13 - The Past, The Unexpected Truth (Kaden POV)
Chapter 14 - The Past, Getting There (Kaden POV)
Chapter 14 [outtake]
Chapter 15 - The Past, It Changes (Kaden POV)
Chapter 16 - The Past, Come What May (Donovan POV)
Chapter 17 - The Past, Going Home (Kaden POV)
Chapter 18 - The Past, The Children Know (Kaden POV)
Chapter 19 - The Past, Passing Knowledge (Kaden POV)
Chapter 20 - The Past, The Children Know (Kaden POV) Part 2
Chapter 21 - The Present The Past Caught Up (Kaden POV)
Chapter 22 - The Present Still Has Surprises (Kaden POV)
Chapter 22 OUTTAKE
Chapter 23 - No Op-Shuns, No Choice (Kaden POV)
Chapter 24 - Not What it Seems (Kaden)
Chapter 25 - Abracadabra (Kaden POV)
Chapter 25 [outtake] - Aftermath (Kaden POV)
Chapter 26 - Starting Over (Kaden POV)
Epilogue - Rich On Goodbyes Alone (Kaden POV)
SpinOff.
Shattered (Book#1)
Help?

Chapter 2 - Karma's A B!tch (Kaden POV)

39K 2.1K 116
By roxann_season

Chapter 2 - Karma's A B!tch (Kaden POV)

The Past- Kaden 25 Years Old

I need you...

Where are you?

Why are you taking so long?

Please find me...

Walking into the hall I see Cain, my little brother and shame eats me alive, "I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Are you still?" he asked ignoring my apology. Taking my eyes off the floor I looked into his eyes and gave one sharp nod, which he returned.

"Me too."

I hadn't wanted anyone to come with me; I felt that this was something I needed to do this on my own.

"They know you slept with her," he said as I began packing. I just nodded my head once again and continued with packing.

Everything was planned but this changed everything. I had originally planned to come back but I knew the family would never accept her, the woman's voice I heard.

I had played around with one of the planes at our disposal, making sure it would crash over the ocean, in water, hiding my scent and making me untraceable.

Where are you? Why are you taking so long? Please find me... I heard the woman.

"When did they all get home...?"

"45 minutes ago..." fuck they've probably heard everything that went down with Lana as Cain said.

Taking a look around one last time I went to face the doom that would leave me without my family.

"Walking out?"

I shook my head, and then walked to the living room, suit case in hand. Everyone was smiling at me but that wouldn't stay for long. The minute I saw them get understanding I was prepared.

"What's with the suitcase?" Jace asked.

"I'm leaving," I said coldly.

"But you just... Lana?" my mother said anger in her eyes, in all their eyes but they would never understand. I barely did and it was happening to me.

"She knew I was leaving, I told her what happened tonight meant nothing to me mother," I said coldly, rolling my eyes as they gasped.

"S-she knew?"

"Yes, I want to find my mate, that isn't Lana."

Where are you? Why are you taking so long? Please find me... the voice said again.

"Kaden, that girl just gave you a piece of herself and I am sure she did that to keep you, to show you how she felt," my mother said trying to rationalize with me like that would work like it had many times before.

"Doesn't matter mom, she spread her legs as a way to keep me, when I don't want to be kept," I said earning a slap right across my face but I knew it would get worse. My mother and father left the room not giving me so much as a side-glance.

Patrick and Peter, Lana's older brothers came at me instantly, kicking, flipping and taking their frustrations on me, doing this for their 'heart of gold' sister.

After 10 minutes the fight moving to the steps outside.

"Stop it! All of you!" my mother shouted.

Patrick, Peter and Jace all finally backed off and mom came up with my luggage placing everything in my car. Helping me up, and then helped me sit in my car.

"Do not bring your whore back into this house, because neither she nor you will ever be welcomed here," my mother said coldly walking away from me.

My family looked disgusted with me I didn't know what happened but I wasn't the only one to blame, none of them would believe that though. However the woman in my head needed me and I was not going to pick someone because they were convenient, I only saw Lana as my sister after everything and eternity should never be spent with the wrong person.

Where are you? Why are you taking so long? Please find me...

Clearing my voice I spoke up, "She isn't as perfect as you all think she is... this... me leaving is all her doing. She rejected me, for Jace. When I was thirteen years old, before she and Jace went off to school I shifted, and she knew all along that I was her mate but she told me she was in love with my brother. I begged her. Pleaded with her but all she could do was tell me how much she loved my brother..." I said my gaze focused on Jace.

"She went away with you, stayed with you Jace..." I continued to finally let the truth out after all these years.

"She broke me into a million pieces by the pond in England and left me out there and returned home, to your bed Jace." I spit the truth out, not caring that his now current mate heard everything.

"Lana knew for a year that I was her mate! A YEAR! But she loved you and rejected me. She cried, begged me to let her go so she could be with you, because she loved you and you loved her..." I said to him mostly but my whole family was watching me with wide eyes.

I turned to my mother, "You think of her like a daughter I know, but she broke me mom. She broke me so she could be with Jace... She told me that when we got to this age that we would get back together, that our children would play together and we would all be one happy family..." I said sadly.

"You may think of her like a daughter but you are my mother, not hers. I can't be with her mom, because I know her. You all think she's perfect... she called me nothing. She crushed me and went to go make love to my brother..."

"Whoever I'm looking for to me I know, with 100 percent certainty will be 10 times the woman that Lana is... I won't have to worry that she secretly still loves my brother. She mostly stayed away from here... she knew I was here mom, dad... she knew I was here but never came back because it hurt her to see the man she loved with his new mate. She couldn't even return for me! She was so hurt that you accepted your mate that she stayed away from me, so she wouldn't have to see you and your mate Jace!" I shouted.

"W-why?"

"Why what? Why wouldn't I tell you guys this? That my mate wanted my brother so much that she rejected me and stayed away from me because she couldn't bear to see you move on Jace?" I laughed manically.

"If she's hurt right now... don't look at me... blame yourself Jace. Mom, blame him... you too dad," I shook my head wildly.

I turned my head to look just my mother and father; "You lectured us over and over about not falling in love with someone because one or both of us would end up hurt..." but they didn't know that the person who would end up hurt would be me, and the people doing the hurting would be my brother and my mate.

"My mate just happened to fall for my brother and I was the one that ended up hurt," I said closing the door of my car and turning my car on.

I could hear my mother screaming my name, pleading for me to come back but I drove away. Drove down to my grandfather's house.

Where are you? Why are you taking so long? The voice said once again.

'I'm coming' I thought to the voice, hoping maybe the mystery woman... maybe she heard them.

I left my family... they might not understand because Lana was family but I deserved to find that love they shared with each other. I did not look back and I did not take Cain with me.

I knew where I was going; I had been getting glimpses of where the woman in my head was.

Are you coming? I'm waiting...

___________________________________________________

okay soo.... in the prologue... that is the present. The past leads up to that.

I haven't said who he ends up with. But he left his family. So as of right now...

all you know is:

1. Lana rejected him when they were younger (13 YEARS OLD)

2. KADEN left his family (He left Lana... HE IS 25 YEARS OLD)

3. He is searching for the voice.

Just those 3 things are known.

Follow. Please Share w/others (if you feel like its worth sharing). Please Vote (if you liked it). Please Comment (if you have something to say).

© 2016 roxann_season All Rights Reserved

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 23 7
How would you feel if someone you haven't seen your brother death coming back into your life. After all the ups and down, you still want to be togeth...
11.5K 232 23
"No matter how hard the past. You can always Begin Again" What if someone you left for a very long time come back to your life?
1K 31 15
He saved you from yourself. He gave you hope when you had none. Will he be the one to break through your walls? Or will you be able to keep him out?
4.7K 92 19
James' brother and sister finally get to the wwe and they make friends and when they introduce him to them, he gets along with one specific person mo...