Chapter 23 - No Op-Shuns, No Choice (Kaden POV)

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Chapter 23 - No Op-Shuns, No Choice (Kaden POV)

It's morning, late morning I believe. I can feel the rays of the sun, dancing across my face lightly through the thin curtains, and I hold back a moan when I feel her hand, feather soft on my chest, down to my abdomen, and I'm twitching in anticipation for what's coming.

"Ahhhh- daddyyy," I stiffen in a completely different way, Etta's hands stop abruptly and my eyes fly open, "Daddy," I hear Emerson crying, screaming, and all thought of what was previously going to happen - gone.

I'm up on my feet, throwing a shirt on - deflated - and wrenching the bedroom door open - my teens stumble down the stairs - "Daddy!" Emerson shouts, screams, and her voice so high - I hear Smith letting his own wail soon after and rubbing her eyes, Sawyer enters his room.

I'm shaking with adrenaline, ready to attack whoever is hurting my baby, throwing the door open, with Haven bawling sitting up her blue eyes filled with fright - Emerson screams again - holding her head, her normal toothy smile and bright eyes filled with panic.

Shaking, rubbing at her eyes, "Daddy," she cries once again, her body racked with sobs, fat "Emma baby?" I asked worried, pushing aside her thin bed-sheet, looking for signs of injury, "What happ - happened?" Haven cries and I see Ree and Vivian taking her from the bed, carrying her out of the room.

Tiny arms wrap around my neck and she holds tight as I rock us, and Etta places a hand on Emma's back, "shhh," I hush her when she starts back up, "What happen princess?" the words are whispered, my chest has long calmed, but my thoughts have flared.

Emerson wasn't a crier as baby. She was quiet, observant, slept without a pacifier and even when hungry she only fussed. When she was about two, when she could speak, that's when she started crying, throwing her mini tantrums. This ear-piercing scream, shaking - this was nothing I had witnessed from her - and the whimpers that continue now, "Did you have a nightmare Emerson?" Etta coos and for a minute my rocking stops because Emerson didn't have nightmares. She dreamt of pink things, sweet treats and wolves she rode like horses.

"The girl - girl - is - is sweeping - in - in red water," she hiccupped and the hand on her back stilled my eyes opened wide and connected with Etta. She - is this a vision? Did - have you saw something like this? Etta is startled as well, her eyes close and I see her filtering a rush of images, until butterscotch meets bluish-gray. Shaking her head from side to side, Sawyer?

"Do you know the girl Emerson?" her head, face glued to my neck, her warm breath on my collarbone, "westerday she was here," Emerson mumbled, her body shaking again.

"Hey - hey - it's okay, it's okay," my mind racing once again of the people that arrived yesterday, my mother, Christine, my sisters, the Riley women, she met them all yesterday. My eyes went to Etta's who stood, "I'll be right back sweetheart," she murmurs to Emerson leaving the room. When I make a move to stand, the lax hold Emerson has tightens, "No - no."

When the door opens some time later, I look up expectantly, but it's Sawyer, "What happened?" she asks quietly a bottle in her hand and Smith fussing.