Chapter 6 - The Past, The Fae Truth... (Kaden POV)

AN:not edited

Chapter 6 - Kaden POV- The Past, 25 years old

The rumors. The truth. The stories. The myths. The unknown. The circles. The hidden. The never forgotten. The never safe.

Fairies being in this realm was a death sentence, literally they were the most hunted. I guess in the grand scheme of things I could understand why Elizabetta was living in that shack up on a hill. She felt safe there, safe here with only nine or ten werewolves to protect her. Despite funding the laboratory that John currently did research and experiments in I never came here.

This place, the location for this laboratory was meant to be off the map, so that is why John always came to me. I never wanted to bring attention to research he was looking into because it was all completely beneficial for my kind as I were once upon a time and as I am now.

However I have to wonder how long ago I could have met Elizabetta if I had just visited once and caught her scent.

For five long years John has been on this island but I wonder if Etta has been here long as well... I've felt alone and empty for years since my kidnapping and return and I'm slightly frustrated that I could have possibly ended that time in my life sooner if I had only came here on my own. If I had come here... I wouldn't have to wait until Etta began calling me.

Was Fate taking too long on it's own so she sped things up? I had many questions and John seemed to be quite knowledgeable on the situation.

So when he began to speak I made sure to be on fire, ready and eager to understand and ask the appropriate questions.

"Her father-" she had already told me about him, not completely she skipped over but-

"Did she say that they were very close and that?"

"He cared for her?" I finished his sentence.

"No she did not, she skimmed over talking about him; but he left her his children so clearly they were close," I replied.

"That's not all too true, son. Her father was a horrid hurting man. Human. Although he came from a line of strong wolves. He died never knowing the truth about her, not that he would have cared. She ran away and I had to insert myself into her life to be able to keep her safe. Tell her who she was, what high value she had to the supernatural world. Her father, if you can even calls that-that coward of a man a father. He made life brutal for her until the day she ran away, but she didn't just run away. Etta, like you faked her death when she was 15 years old and I helped her to do so," he said letting me take in the information and process it. God her family thought she was dead? Was her father so cruel that everyone needed to think she was dead?

"Her father, Bill, hadn't spoken to his family since she ran away, they were attacked and he, his wolf mate were killed, I knew whose children they really were and so I had the team I had following those two children, Bill and his mate. I had them extract those kids and brought them to Etta," he said.

"Would her family not-"

"His family... he had a chip on his shoulder when it came to them, Tink 'dying,' gave him a reason to cut off all communications with them," John said shaking his head in disgust for this man Bill.

I started thinking about how it was possible for him to have children with another woman...

"Anyways, he had children with the other woman, Etta's mother left two fertilized eggs. With me in my lab, with Bills' knowledge on the chance that Etta was ill... When Ettas' father met his new wife, her mate was dead, his he believed left him, and they decided to use the two embryos-"