π™π™‘π˜Όπ™ˆπ™€ // π™€π™‘π˜Όπ™‰ π˜½π™π˜Ύ...

Por musingmind1

🎡We set fire to our insides for fun🎡 Kate Quinn moves 5000 miles away from home when seeking a fresh start... MÑs

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine
Ten
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three.
Twenty-four.
Twenty-five (season 3)
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven.
Twenty - eight
Twenty-nine.
Thirty.
Thirty - one.
Thirty - two.
Thirty - three.
Thirty - four.
Thirthy - five.
Thirty - six.
Thirty- seven.
Thirty - eight.
Thirty - nine.
Forty.
Forty - one.
Forty - two.
Second book!!

Twenty.

7.2K 144 11
Por musingmind1

"So chimney won't be back for a few weeks?" Kate asked, pouring a coffee for her and Buck

"Yeah, doctors orders"

"It's gonna be weird without him" Kate said, handing Buck his coffee "how's Maddie?"

"I don't know, she's saying she's okay but I think she's just saying that"

"Maybe she's just hoping to convince herself, fake it till you make it and all that"

"What about you?" Buck asked

It had been weeks since The year anniversary of Samuels death, weeks since she broke down in her boyfriends arms, somehow not scaring him away.

Kate was doing better, or so she wanted to believe. In all honesty, Kate hadn't been sleeping great, her dreams were poised by the memories leading up to her sons death. She had barely eaten, her diet was ruined by what she assumed was her grief.

She just couldn't understand why her feelings had change so Drastically.

She called Eddie when she felt ready enough to explain it all to him, he apologized for being so mad but she didn't care about his anger, she just wanted to explain it all.

Kate hasn't told anyone else, right now enough people know and she doesn't want to open that door fully yet

"Hey, I didn't get kidnapped or stabbed"

"Kate" Buck said, giving her hand a soft touch

"I'm okay, it was just a hard day but it's been weeks and I feel fine, I promise" she felt awful for promising, but she didn't want Buck to worry.. she didn't want anyone to worry.

"If you insist" he sighed, his wrapped his hand around his girlfriends hip and pulled her towards him

Kate shuffled her feet as Buck pulled her closer, she looked up at him with a smile "I like that you're concerned"

"It's kinda in the job description" he joked

She rolled her eyes "Hush, I still like it."

Buck put his coffee cup on the counter, he held kate with both hands and kissed her happily; he soon moved his lips from hers to her neck, Kate let her head fall back with enjoyment until she realized they had work.. work was always ruining things.

"Buck, we have to work" Kate said, but not trying to stop it

"We can late" he mumbled, moving further down

Kate didn't protest as he unbuttoned her shirt, she really didn't want to be late.. but she could always blame traffic

"Traffic is pretty bad" she hummed, running her fingers through his hair

"So bad" he continued to kiss her,

Kate let out a small giggle as she felt her feet lift off the ground, bucks arms wrapped around her tightly as she rested her on the counter

Kate reached down, she pulled bucks shirt over his head "god that never gets old to look at" she gazed at him,

"Neither do you" his voice was raspy, almost sounding like he was shouting for hours.

"Your room or mine?" Kate asked

Buck picked her up from the counters, she laughed as he carried her to her room,

"Oh, oh be careful" she pointed to milo,

"Oh come on" he grunted,

"Buck put me down" Kate insisted, holding back more laughter

Buck put her down carefully, Kate picked her cat up and scratched his next before sending him in his way

She looked at Buck and slid off her pants, "come on then"

Buck pushed her against the bed, he towered over her and stared into her eyes for s few seconds, mesmerized by them

"You can stare at me all day or do something?" She asked

Buck smirked at her, he brought his lips to her neck and continued to kiss her just as he didn't before, Kate ran her nails up his back as he did.

She let her Arms rest above her head, bucks arm rested on the head bored above her. Bucks lips reached lower and lower.

*

Kate and Buck made it to work, the traffic excuse didn't raise any questions thankfully. But they both had seemed to forget that Bobby was doing a Tour for Harry's class, luckily they made it on time and didn't miss anything

"I hate to be the barer of bad news, but Buck left a mark" Eddie said quietly, not wanting to distract from Bobby's speech.

"What!?" Kate whisper yelled, she took out her phone and used the camera to check "oh god" she rubbed around the small bruise that was left, hoping it would leave.

"Traffic huh?" Eddie teased, receiving a punch to the arm.

"Hey, that's not a good influence for the kids"

"Whatever" Kate rolled her eyes "I gotta go cover this up," she slipped away from Bobby's talk, the bell rang throughout the station and hen came over the speaker.

Kate walked into the changing room and took out her small to go back, it spent more time in this place than anywhere else. She took the small concealer from her bag and looked in the mirror that hung on her locker door, dabbing the pale concealer into neck, she followed with patting on some powder. Thankfully it was doing the job.

"Excuse me" the voice of a little girl chimed

Kate turned and smiled at her, "hey, why aren't you with your friends?"

"I don't like fire trucks" she shrugged, "I like makeup, can you do mine?"

"Oh, I don't know how your teacher will feel about that" Kate answered, a sorry look on her face.

Kate watched as the 10 year dropped her head sadly, she clearly wasn't amused by the big trucks and ladders "okay, but only a little"

The young girl ran over and took a seat on the bench "my names Allison"

"Mines Kate" Kate retuned

She took the small tube of lip gloss, running a small brush along the applicator, the dabbed the brush on Allison's lips. Kate grabbed her brush and added a small bit of powder, nothing that would raise a question or even be noticed.

"I like a boy" she mumbled

"You do huh?" Kate asked, closing the powder "is this why you wanted makeup?"

"Yeah, I want him to think I'm pretty"

Kate smiled sweetly "sweetie, you are beautiful without any makeup. Whoever the boy is will realize that too" 

"You're very pretty" Allison complimented, this made Kate's heart melt into a puddle .

"Thank you, you are very sweet Allison"

Kate felt a pair of small arms wrap around her chest, she hugged the young girl back almost crying at the cuteness.

"Alright, why did you go back to your friends before they notice you are gone" Kate stood up, giving a wave as the 10 year old ran back to her class.

She slid past Buck who was standing there for minutes, watching as kate encouraged the girl.

"Evan Buckley how long have you been standing there?" Kate asked, putting her bag back into its spot.

"You are great with kids you know, it comes naturally for you"

Kate pulled him in, although the locker rooms were made of glass and you could see everything. Everyone was too distracted by the kids to notice if they were alone together.

Kate wrapped her around around his torso, she looked up at him "Well she was a very cute kid"

Kate reached up, her lips meeting with bucks.

"Hey!"

They both pulled apart quickly, exhaling a breath at the sight of Eddie; a silly grin painted on his face.

"Jesus Eddie" Kate shook her head

"You two are doing a really bad job at keeping this a secret" he pointed out, "that could have easily been hen"

"Eddie you have 3 seconds to run before I kill you" Kate threatened

"Oh com-

"1."

"Seriou-.."

"2."

Her arms crossed over her chest, she raised her brows and lowered her head slightly, giving him the all known mother look.

"That's not funny, my abuala used to look at me like that"

"Go" they both said, Eddie finally took the hint and left.

"I hate him sometimes" Kate sighed

*

A level three outage, the CAD system that Bobby was praising crashed, leaving at least 30% of 911 calls to dial out. The crew would be spending a day in the old Trucks, trailing streets and taking calls over the radio that have been sent from 911 dispatchers.

An eventful day to say the least.

They walked into the lobby of an apartment building after receiving a call about a geriatric mother about to give birth in the middle of said Lobby, it took longer than usual after they were directed to the wrong place.. or rather no place at all.

"We apologize for the delay. Hen, you're up. Eddie, start fluids." Bobby instructed.

"We can't just have the baby here in the lobby. That's not how this is supposed to happen." Her husband worried

"Trust me, it's not the first and it won't be the last" Kate nodded, handing Buck the blood pressure machine.

"Hi. I'm Hen. What's your name?"

"Sonia. 39 weeks pregnant. 38 years old, which makes me a geriatric pregnancy. - God, I hate that word."

"It's just a word, who cares what age you have this baby" Kate assure,

"I can't believe I'm finally gonna meet him. Here. In the lobby."

"That's all right. You're doing great, okay?" Hen soothed"Now, on this next contraction, we're gonna push, okay,"

Sonia fell silent, Kate gave a small press on her forehead "Sonia hun, you okay?"

"There's something wrong with the baby."

"No, no, no, no, no, no. Your baby's fine. You'll-you'll be able to see for yourself in just a minute." Hen reassure as quickly as she could

"No! No, this was a mistake. All of it. Roger was right to panic. Look, we can't do this. I can't... I can't do this. I shouldn't have this child" Sonya panicked

Kate knew that panic all to well, the same panic she felt as she was about to push out her child without her fiancé by her side.

Kate kneeled in front of the woman "hey Sonya, Sonya look at me! you are terrified and that's okay, this is terrifying I know but you are not wrong for having this baby because once you hold him in your arms you are going to realize just how perfect it all is. He will be here and everything else will make sense" Kate encouraged

"So let's give one last push and meet your son okay"

Sonya nodded, she relaxed her head against the pillows on the ground. Hen coached her through the last contraction and it was all over in seconds, her baby's cries echoing the lobby.

"Hey, hey sweet boy. Oh you have no idea how long I've been waiting to you meet you"

A memory flashed before kate, she blinked the threatening tears away, the fog cleared from her head and what seemed like seconds had actually been minutes, hectic minutes.

The cries of Sonya's baby only got louder, adding to Kate's sudden headache, her husband demanding to know want was happening and Eddie and hen trying it figure it out

"Kate" Buck squeezed her shoulder, Kate glanced up and quickly got back into action.

"He won't stop crying, why won't he stop" her husband worried

Kate stood up, she walked over to him "baby's are a-lot more preceptive that we realize, how about I take him?" She offered

He nodded and carfully handed her his son "hey little guy, pretty stressful entrance huh?"

"Guys, let's get her on the gurney. Let's go." Bobby ordered

Sonya was lifted into a gurney and rushed into the ambulance with Bobby and hen, Kate Eddie Buck and Roger took the fire truck, no more ambulances were available and this was their only option.

The baby had calmed down, now back in the arms of his father, Kate couldn't help but admire the beautiful baby.

"Can you believe I did this" Kate gushed, admiring the baby in her arms. Staring into his beautiful blue eyes made every pregnancy horror symptom worth it.

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart" her mam sniffled, she hadn't stop crying since the baby made his entrance.

"Samual" she murmured "his names Samuel"

"That's the best name ever"

"Kate"

Kate was pulled out of her day dream, the truck had stopped and they were parked outside the hospital, Kate hadn't even realized she was in a daze till once again she was pulled from it

She noticed as Sonya's husband slowly walked over to her lifeless body, tears falling from his eyes " He's perfect. I wish you could see him. I know I was scared and worried that we weren't ready for this, and I am damn sure not ready to do this without you, but I will. I'm gonna figure it out."

He carefully laid his son on to Sonya's chest, wrapping his arms around her for what he assumed would be their last hug

A small beeping came from the machine, everyone felt relief wash over them.

Eddie walked over to the woman's side, pressing his fingers into the side of her neck  "She's got a pulse."- Go, go!"

The doctors rushed Sonya into the hospital, her husband followed slowly. Still processing all that just happened, he stopped and turned thanking them.

Hens knees gave out, she collapsed against the truck, an exasperated cry coming from her lips, Bobby wrapped his arm around her, pulling her into a hug.

Kate stared into the hospital, her emotions seemed to be running wild today.

"That was amazing."

"That was a miracle."

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

198K 2.8K 14
"NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN HER, AND NOT EVERYONE SUPPORTS HER, BUT HER GOD GOES WITH HER AND THATS WHAT SUSTAINS HER." 9-1-1 season 1 OC x Evan 'Buck'...
4.8K 65 12
This is a 9-1-1 story. Eddie Diaz was an army medic now he is a firefighter. His wife left him and his son Eddie. Is he ready to find love? Is Christ...
7.8K 252 9
the 118 and the 217 have been rival stations since forever. always trying to one up one another. but what happens when a member of the 118 and a memb...
22.2K 905 17
jane reynolds was not having a good year. but with an almost comical series of unfortunate events, she befriends a group of first responders. one of...