OPPOSITE ATTRACTS

By its_sanjh

• Devil born to be evil could only be healed by an angel, his angel• She was an introverted, reserved girl... More

INTRODUCTION
PARTICIPATION
GLARE
CHECKING HIM OUT!
NO HEART
HUMILIATED!
OBSERVANT
BEST FRIEND
CROSSING THE LIMITS
REVENGE
TRIGGERS!
SKILLED
INNOCENT
TRUTH
VIBES
MUSICIAN?
ADORABLE
DIFFERENT?
JEALOUSY?
WASHROOM!
PAYBACK
CUTE!
STRANGER
ATTRACTOR
RIVALRY!
BATTLE
CHEMISTRY
CHESTNUT HAIR
REPLACEMENT
WINNER
FRAGMENT
ADORABLE KID?
POLAR APART PERSONALITIES!
MYTHICAL
DOUBLE DATE?
CHANGE IN PLANS
MOVIE!
TALK
CONNECTING THE DOTS
HIS PAIN!
ROSE
SECRETS!
DISHEARTENED
WRONG BUT IT FEELS RIGHT
CARE?
OVER-FRIENDLY STRANGER
DEVIL AND HIS ANGEL
TRUST!
CARING FRIENDS
NEVER HAVE I EVER....?
DARKNESS
SPECIAL
MR. ARROGANT
DILEMMA
HEART
L...O...V...E
PAST?
BROKEN!
EXHAUSTED!
TUTOR!
OPPOSITE ATTRACTS?
SURPRISE!
SUSPICIOUS
MR. STALKER
TRUSTING THE DEVIL
CONFESSIONS
ARROGANT MONSTER
CONCERN
ANNOYED
HOME
I HATE YOU!
BIRTHDAY
"MYSTERIOUS K"
AFTERWORD

ORBS!

3.2K 225 22
By its_sanjh

"What a beautiful chemistry!" Came exclaimed voice of Anuj. "Where were you from past so many years, Ruhi?" His expression was one of that adoration and soon the auditorium was filled with one compliment after the other. I had never felt so blessed! I was proud of my dancing skills, but the praises were making me overwhelmed. I wasn't know how to express what those words were for me. I wasn't good with compliments, though I loved them.

Throughout the session, Ehaan was in the background as if he was least bothered by the compliments, praises. He might have received it many in his lifetime and had grown used to it. He was busy with his phone, just raising his head to glance when anyone uttered his name. Was he an introvert? His certain behaviour expressed so; he wasn't fond of people around him. He had a certain group of people, or was it about maintaining his rude exterior? I rolled my eyes, concentrating on the words Samaira was speaking.

"You know... Rudr was jealous of your chemistry." She giggled on saying it. I glared at her, wasn't she repeating the same thing about Ehaan?

"Samy, do make it clear whether Rudr is jealous or Ehaan." I shook my head, annoyed with her illogical talks. Why on earth would Rudr be jealous of my chemistry with Ehaan?

"Why is it that hard for you to believe that people especially guys can have soft corners for you?" She was shooting daggers at me.

"Isn't it obvious!" I shrugged my shoulder, walking towards my bag as she followed behind. "Guys like either bold or submissive girls and I am neither one." I provided the reason, that made me the odd one out.

"Guys might even like people in between. Am I not one of them?" Samaira inquired, "Varun does have some..." she blushed on speaking it out. I smiled at her, she was so adorable at times.

"Samy, you and I aren't the same." I tried to explain her. "We are different! You get comfortable with people easily, it isn't that hard for you to initiate conversation. Anyone interested in me needs to have lots of patience and by lots it's lots... None have time for it Samy," I shook my head taking a sip from the bottle and offering it to Samaira. "When the world is flooded with many beautiful and better options," I muttered as I trailed off. Though I knew it was highly impossible yet I loved to believe a miracle could happen. I wanted someone to have that patience!

"What if a person finds only you beautiful and best options of all?" We heard a voice and I turned to find Anuj along with Zara, his hand wrapped around her shoulder. A wide smile made his dimple pop up.

I rolled my eyes at his comments. "Don't raise my hopes. It's devastating when it doesn't fulfil." I remarked not looking at anyone in particular.

"That was deep!" Commented Zara and soon we burst into laughter.

"I promise you, miss innocent your hopes will get fulfil and I will make it happen." He winked at me, I kept staring at his determined face. What was his mind up with?

____

Everyone had decided to visit malls for the costume. Only two days were remaining. We were standing in the queue of the cafeteria. Grabbing something to eat before the dance practice could start. Unfortunately, like other days, the cafeteria wasn't vacant may be due to some extra classes, and other activities happening. We grabbed our plates and walked to one of the vacant seats, making ourselves comfortable.

"See who is there!" Samaira spoke eyeing someone in the far distance, I looked at the source curiously.

"Mia!" I whispered, shocked. Her entire figure had differed from the one I often glanced at. She seemed broken from within. Her coloured hairs were completely messed as if she hadn't combed them for days. Her hazel blue orbs seemed as if the ocean had died. Her face laced with no emotions, drained from constant cries. She doesn't seem the figure of glory, the most charming dancer our school had. Rather a girl with deep pain and broken hearts. I gulped the lump causing in my throat, trying to imagine her pain only glimpsing at her. At moments pain could be so deep that it could be displayed from their figures.

"She was absent for the past few days," Samaira muttered, I looked away from her. People around her were staring so hard, it might make her conscious. But she seemed far from her surrounding, too lost in her thoughts. "She had rushed out early on that day..." whispered mentioning the day votes were cast.

It wasn't unknown that the result might have affected her but to such an extent, it had stunned me. "Can I join?" A sudden voice compelled me to drag my mind from those thoughts. Varun stood in front of our table, a beautiful smile playing on his lips. During the past few days, I saw him smiling more frequently and Zara hadn't failed to offer its credit to Samaira. Though Anuj playfully blamed her for changing his friend.

"Sure," Samaira responded with a giggle. "Where is your gang?" She inquired looking behind him. They could never break apart during the past few days I had come to that conclusion. They would have arguments and drift into groups but eventually, they would sort things between them. Usually, they never sorted things between rather overlooked it, their disagreements never bothered them. That was beautiful! Having a friendship above self-pride.

And as if on purpose they entered the cafeteria. Though only a few were present yet eyes moved towards them, Mia who was lost in thoughts glance at them with underlying hope maybe someone special. She compelled me not to dislike her even after facing her thousands of humiliation. In the depth of the heart, I knew she was more broken than I could ever imagine. Though the entire half cafeteria was staring at them their eyes were searching for someone and came and rested on our table.

Anuj had a huge grin as he walked towards us followed by Zara on his side. Aarav and Ehaan stood there, Ehaan was planning to take a step towards us when Aarav mumbled something to him. Causing him to glance at Mia, she was staring at him with a painful sight. His eyes soften for a minute but they harden a second later. His eyes travelling back to us, on me. I diverted my gaze, wasn't desiring him to believe I was staring at him. It wasn't like he hadn't caught me before!

He was unsolved mystery, the stern mask covering his face. Concealing his emotions from the rest of the world. Those were unfolded during our practice session. I could glimpse at the hidden Ehaan Kashyap during those precious few minutes. It had convinced me that he wasn't a cruel monster, he was human as well. I was curious from birth, his concealed self was compelling me further to search beyond the surface. It was making me curious to know the person hidden from the world. His mysterious attire was pulling me towards him. But the minute that mask was worn, he used to turn into the beast. There was so much to the arrogant, popular, bad boy. Maybe something related to his past!

"How are you?" I sensed a hand on my shoulder and a person taking a seat beside me. I smiled at Anuj, his grin broadening.

"Which mall are we planning to visit?" Aarav inquired excited, glancing at Ehaan.

"Maybe the new one near the old market." He suggested, standing beside one of the vacant seats yet not occupying it. His face was stern lost in thoughts. After spending days, it was getting easy to read him. Maybe he wasn't that close book if someone attempted to read it. His eyes moved from Aarav towards me and again I diverted my gaze. I couldn't miss the smirk playing on his lips on catching me twice in a row.

"So, no practice today?" Inquired Zara. "I was enjoying watching you both dance." She complimented. She wasn't getting enough of praising us, our chemistry together.

"Mutual feelings bro!" Anuj, another admirer joined her.

"We will get late," grumbled Ehaan stepping to move out. He never showed interest as if the thought that our chemistry together was appreciated made him furious.

"Shouldn't we inform Rudr..." at my words Ehaan turned, his eyes getting darker. "And his friends," the other half came as a whisper. He could intimidate me, those furious dark brown orbs. I never knew, dark brown orbs could seem dangerous until I met his. As when I glimpsed at my dark orbs they often radiated innocence and adoration.

"He has to come..." Anuj groaned the entire group had a huge disliking towards Rudr and his gang, they labelled it as hate. Though the feeling was mutual between the gang.

"I guess so, as he is participating in the competition." Samaira mocked Anuj.

"Oh! Really, I wasn't aware," faking a dramatic accent. Samaira rolled his eyes at him. They both could never get along and we were gifted with the uninterested mocking, sarcastic sessions.

I stood up followed by others, as we were walking out. Mia walked towards us, "Ehaan I need to have a conversation with you." Mia attempted to talk to him, Ehaan looked straight as if unbothered with her pleading. It was in such an event I was forced to think he had no empathy towards others.

"Ehaan..." Aarav nudged his shoulder, forcing him to glance at him. Aarav eyes had softened, he surely had a soft corner for Mia. Maybe even desired them to end up together.

I and Samaira shared a look of confusion. We were mostly the two who had the least knowledge of things happening between them. Maybe they both had an argument and due to that Mia was absent from the auditorium for a few days, I hadn't caught sight of her in school as well. The rest of the audience was staring at us, for a change I wasn't their centre of attention. Though I had gotten used to the uninvited attention yet it bothered me at times.

"What?" He hissed at her as if glancing at her face made him feel disgusted. I glared at him, he had to learn manners! She flinched a little but maintain her posture, attempting to touch his wrist. A way to calm him down! I had seen her doing that before on our first meet.

"I think, you both need to sit and talk in private. We will wait in the parking lot." Aarav informed, giving a small pat on Ehaan shoulder. And we soon moved from there, for a second Ehaan's eyes met mine. I could glimpse at the burning fire radiating from those orbs. For a mini second my heart urged me not to leave him yet I convinced it that he had his girlfriend to take care of him. Making my way out of the building.

___

Any thoughts about Ehaan and Mia and their relationship?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 59.1K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
228K 15.2K 61
A Girl creates an Instagram account where her schoolmates can confess their feelings to their crushes without revealing their identity. The twist co...
3.1K 334 12
"Wh... What did you... you do Shriyan? Why did you kiss me? " Mishti's lips trembled but she ended up asking. " What? Did you not like it? Do you th...
17.8K 554 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...