☑ THE SHADOW | Peter Maximoff

De j_woke

Most people don't know that It exists. It haunts her everyday. It taunts her to do horrible things for her "p... Mais

c a s t
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
o n e - y e a r - a g o | o n e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
o n e - y e a r - a g o | t w o
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
o n e - y e a r - a g o | t h r e e
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
o n e - y e a r - a g o | f o u r
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
o n e - y e a r - a g o | f i v e
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
o n e - y e a r - a g o | s i x
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
o n e - y e a r - a g o | s e v e n
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
o n e - y e a r - a g o | e i g h t
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e
f o r t y - s i x
f o r t y - s e v e n
f o r t y - e i g h t
f o r t y - n i n e
f i f t y
SEQUEL UPDATE

t w e n t y - n i n e

883 42 15
De j_woke

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

Amara cleared her throat and straightened her back, continuing her conversation with It while she moved down the stairs. Hopefully, she wasn't going to have to rethink her plan too much. Maybe, to Peter, that was just a one time thing to him, and he would move on from it easily.

She decided to ignore every single word he said before, because if she pretended that he didn't say he would basically die for her, that meant that he didn't like her that way, right? No, he didn't like her, and therefore she could keep him away.

Amara frowned deeply. She fucked up, and she did it in the worst way possible.

He would be safe with us.

"No," she said instantly, hopping down the last step. "He wouldn't. I don't trust you. Or that I'll be able to stop you."

But I promise I'll protect him-

"Just like how you promised you wouldn't look at him in the shower?" she asked, raising her eyebrows and stepping into the kitchen.

That's different. He peeked first! I was simply returning the favor. And you were the one that basically begged him to fuck you-

"Okay, that's not what happened-"

'Oh, please Peter, make me forget the horrors of my past-'

"Because you would have done so much better, right?"

Well, for starters, he would have been the one doing the begging-

"You disgust me." She paused for a minute to pick up one of the cans. "Make yourself useful - do you remember reading anything Russian? Can you translate this?"

I'll do my best.

She huffed and turned the can over. "And stop judging my methods. Have you ever had sex before?"

No, but I've read the same books you have, and it's enough to know that you were-

"Scared? Yeah. I was."

Unreasonably so.

"Why? Because it felt good?"

Very good.

Amara rolled her eyes. "God, how I wish it was Peter's mutation that was able to break through."

Oh, wait, I think I've got something!

Her eyebrows raised. "Really?!"

Yeah, that first line!

She squinted her eyes and followed the words. "Yeah?"

It says, "Fuck you!"

"You absolute piece of shit - this is exactly why we can't be around people!"

I thought it was because I like to watch them suffer.

"That, too."

I think it's just because you're no fun.

"Gouging people's eyes out isn't fun! It's murderous! And wrong! And disgusting!"

And fun.

"'Hey, Peter, I know you said you want to help me, but do you really wanna be with someone that has a demonic voice that tells her it's fun to rip people apart limb by limb and then actually go and do it because she's fucked up in the head and can't control the monstrosity living inside her-'"

"Yes, I do."

Amara screamed and whipped around, her hand clutching her chest and her eyes wide with horror.

She didn't even have time to process Peter was there before he bent down and picked her up over his shoulder, then proceeded to carry her over to the stairs. The horror in her chest went from being frightened that he was behind her to realizing that if he heard that last sentence, he could have heard the entire conversation she had with It.

Her panic made her limbs tremble. She shoved It down as far as she could.

"Where are we going?" she asked, trying to turn her head to see his face.

"Back to bed."

She gulped, watching the floor as he turned at the staircase and began down the hallway with the bedrooms. It was just then she noticed he was only wearing his boxers. "Why?"

"Because we're gonna wake up properly."

She furrowed her eyebrows as she repeated, "Wake up properly?"

Peter hummed, turning into the master bedroom and walking over to the bed. He was gentle as he set her down on her spot on the right, but he was quick to jump over her to his spot on the left. Her body lightly bounced on the mattress because of it. The bed creaked under the other mutant's movements as he turned so his back faced her, and he snuggled closer into the lumpy mattress.

Amara was beyond confused. She propped herself up on one elbow to lean over his body, trying to get a sense of what the hell he was trying to do. Her bewilderment faded as she watched him inhale and blink softly, and when he turned his head up to face her, a tiny smile grew on his face. She only needed to know one thing.

"Oh," he mumbled. "Hello."

"How much of that did you hear?" she asked, the nervous fluttering in her stomach praying that he had only just woken up because she admitted a lot of shit she was barely ready to say to herself, let alone Peter.

"No, no," Peter said, putting his hand on her face to push her head onto the pillow. "Here, we'll try again."

He turned around again, and she huffed, attempting to get herself comfortable while he did the same.

"Are your eyes closed?" he asked.

"Um... no," she responded. "Do they have to be?"

"Well, that is part of waking up."

Amara sighed and closed her eyes, deciding it would be faster if she obeyed his wishes. She listened to the sound of him turning in bed with the most amount of patience she could muster, but it was wearing thin. Silence soon followed.

When Amara could feel his breath gently hitting her arm, she raised her eyebrows. "Can I open my eyes now?"

"Only if you're awake." His voice was so soft she wouldn't have been able to hear it if she weren't so close to him.

She paused for a second, letting the silence fill the air again before she blinked her eyes open. Peter was laying there, just like he was when she woke up. This time, however, his eyes were already on her.

"Hi," he whispered, leaning in so their noses bumped.

The smile he had on his face was almost infectious, since when she glanced down at his grin, the corners of her lips turned up, too.

"Hi," she said back, softly biting her lip.

Her breath hitched when Peter lifted his head. He was so close their breaths mingled and the ends of his hair tickled her face, leading her to unconsciously reach up to tuck his hair behind his ear again.

Peter leaned in all the way, capturing her lips in a meaningful kiss. She momentarily forgot about any of her previous fears. Any of the doubts that she had about herself or what was going on had disappeared; it was just Peter, wrapping his free arm around her waist to pull their bodies even closer.

When he pulled back and looked her in the eye, the smile he sent her made her giddy on the inside.

"I would say good morning," he began, pecking her lips softly, "if we weren't in a place that could fall apart underneath us at any minute and didn't have an entire corporation hunting us down so we can be their little minions."

The laugh she let out was small. "And I would say good morning to you, too."

He hummed.

"Do you know what my favorite part of waking up is?" he asked, pecking her lips once more as she raised her eyebrows.

"No."

"Going back to sleep." He buried his face in her neck while hugging her tightly, and she chuckled.

Her arms wrapped around his shoulders without a thought. "Mine, too."

She bit her lip again at the butterfly kisses he placed on her skin, trying to calm her racing heart by running her fingers through his hair.

"Especially when it bothers Jean."

Peter hummed softly, but he didn't say anything more.

These were the things that people who were doing this as a one time thing did, right? They... they cuddled, right? And continued to kiss each other? Because... they wouldn't be able to see each other anymore?

Yes, that was a thing, Amara decided, because she didn't think her heart could handle it if it was something else.

Her insides were beginning to churn again, and the question she had from before reappeared in her mind. This was a serious problem, and she needed an answer. She had to know. "How... how much of that did you hear?"

Peter sighed. He pulled back enough to prop himself up, but she was still close enough to feel his warmth. "Enough to know that your friend is just... well, It's just a big bundle of joy, isn't It?"

Amara rolled her eyes. "Oh yes, lots of joy. Lots of 'fun' is to be had in It's company."

That seemed to be It's favorite word. Fun. Everything was fun. Murder. Torture. Pain. Suffering. All fun things, according to It.

She bit her lip, watching as Peter fiddled with the loose strands of her shirt. He had a content smile on his lips and a playful glint in his eye, but her gaze moved up to his hair, where she locked on the section that had been cut short at the Remedy base.

Her frown deepened. It was a rather large section that had to be at least six inches shorter than the rest, but what intrigued her the most was the slight curl it had that the rest of his hair didn't. It made her wonder what it would look like if the rest of his hair was that length.

She reached forward and slowly twirled the strands between her fingers. They were soft, yet slightly coarse due to the prolonged time of him not washing it and then finally taking care of it with probably infected water and an old bar of soap.

She watched it shine in the morning light with every new move her fingers made, and followed him as he laid his head back down on his pillow.

"I like waking up with you," Peter whispered. Her fingers moved on their own accord, slipping from his hair to move to his skin and trail to his cheek. He turned his head to kiss the tips of her fingers, and she smiled.

"As much as I like waking up with you," she said back, "you made a very good point that an entire corporation is hunting us down."

He groaned. "But I don't want to get up."

"And I don't want to die." Amara winked as she scrambled out of bed, just out of Peter's reach as he tried grabbing her. Her smile was unintentionally bright when she ran out of the room, Peter's second groan louder and even more annoyed than the last, and she chuckled.

She bound down the stairs, keeping It at bay for a little while longer and moving back to the kitchen. 

*****

w/c: 1826

a/n: this one was kinda cute to write, ngl... did you enjoy it as much as i did?? lemme know what you think, and every vote and comment helps!! xx

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

38.2K 1.2K 17
WARNING: THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS YOUNG, IT IS VERY INCONSISTENT AND I DONT RECCOMEND READING IT FOR A GOOD READ. I run into the room, I see...
14.9K 524 12
X-Men's Quicksilver x female reader with the ability to manipulate/warp reality and travel between dimensions. You had always dreamed of being a pa...
480K 15.6K 27
A story about Peter Parker and his abusive aunt, and how Tony Stark shows him how to fight his demons. *** summary; Peter Parker's aunt, May...
8.1K 179 16
Started~ Nov 12 2021 Finished~ Dystopia: an imagined state or society in which there is great suffering or injustice, typically one that is totalita...