Into the Lion's Den

By DisasterChild20

Deimos Apollo Malfoy Weasley, Draco's twin brother and outcast of the Malfoy family. Given to the Weasley fam... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Not a Chapter but something I drew
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
A/N: Competition
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 5

267 8 0
By DisasterChild20

Deimos follows his brother along the corridor of the train til Ron comes to stop at a compartment with the boy from the platform, the one the twins told them was Harry Potter, in it "Anyone sitting there? Everywhere else is full." Ron asks pointing at the seat opposite him. The dark haired boy shakes his head making Ron walk in, dragging Deimos behind him to the seat before sitting down.Deimos copies and puts his case next to him "Hey, Ron, Deimos." the twins says appearing in the doorway. "Listen, we're going down the middle of the train... Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there." George explains. "Can I come see it?" Deimos asks excitedly. "We'll get him to show you when we get to school." Fred tells him "Harry, did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother. See you later, then." he adds before leaving with George."Bye." the three eleven year old respond. "Are you really Harry Potter?" Ron blurts out making Harry nod. Deimos rolls his eyes at Ron slightly "Oh -- well, I thought it might be one of Fred and George's jokes. And have you really got -- you know..." Ron trails off pointing to Harry's forehead. Harry pulls his fringe back to reveal a lighting bolt shaped scar on his forehead "So that's where You-Know-Who -- ?" Ron starts. Yes, but I can't remember it." Harry explains. "Nothing?" Ron asks eagerly. "Well -- I remember a lot of green light, but nothing else." the black haired boy responds. "Wow." Ron says before looking out the window.

Deimos starts fiddling with his case making Ron look at him "Don't, mum said not to on the train." he tells him. "But they might be lonely." Deimos sighs. "Check on them later, you saw them before we left." Ron shrugs making the blonde sigh. "Are all your family wizards?" Harry asks. "Er -- Yes, I think so, I think Mum's got a second cousin who's an accountant, but we never talk about him." Ron tells him. "So you must know loads of magic already." Harry comments. Deimos and Ron shrug slightly "I heard you went to live with Muggles, What are they like?" Ron asks. "Horrible. Well, not all of them. My aunt and uncle and cousin are, though. Wish I'd had four wizard brothers." Harry responds. "Six, five biologically. Deimos is adopted, we're the sixth and seventh in our family to go to Hogwarts. We also have a younger sister, Ginny. You could say I've got a lot to live up to. Bill and Charlie have already left, Bill was head boy and Charlie was captain of Quidditch. Now Percy's a prefect. Fred and George mess around a lot, but they still get really good marks and everyone thinks they're really funny. Deimos understands animals and is a metamorphmagus. Everyone expects me to do as well as the others, but if I do, it's no big deal, because they did it first. You never get anything new, either, with five older brothers. I've got Bill's old robes, Charlie's old wand, and Percy's old rat. His name's Scabbers and he's useless, he hardly ever wakes up. Percy got an owl from my dad for being made a prefect, but they couldn't aff-- I mean, I got Scabbers instead." Ron explains, his ears going slightly pink.

Harry looks confused "What's a metamorphmagus?" he asks. "It means I can change my appearance without spells or potions. My hair tends to change with my emotions too, lighter colours when I'm happier and darker when sadder. Along with different colours." Deimos explains. "That's awesome." Harry smiles. "Really? You think so?" Deimos asks him. "Yeah, definitely." Harry tells him "Can I see?" he asks. Deimos shrugs and turns his hair purple "Woah!" Harry smiles looking amazed. "He never really does it, but when he does it's awesome." Ron smiles making Deimos blush and decide to leave his hair purple. Harry starts to tell them about the Dursley's, his family, and how he had to wear his cousin Dudley's old clothes and never got any proper birthday presents from them "... and until Hagrid told me, I didn't know anything about being a wizard or about my parents or Voldemort." he explains. Ron gasps as Deimos flinches "What?" Harry asks. "You said You-Know-Who's name! I'd have thought you, of all people-" Ron explains. "I'm not trying to be brave or anything, saying the name, I just never knew you shouldn't. See what I mean? I've got loads to learn... I bet... I bet I'm the worst in the class." Harry voices his doubts. "You won't be. There's loads of people who come from Muggle families and they learn quick enough." Deimos assures.

After a while, about half past twelve, there is a clattering noise in the corridor followed by a smiling woman who slides back their door "Anything off the cart, dears?" she asks. Ron mutters about their sandwiches but Harry and Deimos jump up, Harry buys one of each items while Deimos buys two pumpkin juices, two pumpkin pasty's, a packet fudge flies and a pack of sugar quills before sitting back down "Hungry, are you?" Ron asks Harry. "Starving." Harry responds taking a bite from his pasty. Ron goes to open his sandwiches but is stopped by Deimos "Mum was out of ham and made everyone corned beef." he tells him handing him one of the pumpkin pasties and a bottle of pumpkin juice. "Thanks Deimos." Ron smiles. "Help yourself to some of this, I'm not going to eat it all." Harry tells them with a smile. Deimos smiles and looks at his case making Ron sigh "You fed them this morning and put some extra from them incase they get hungry. Stop worrying." he tells him. "What do you mean?" Harry asks. "I have all my creatures in the case, it's bigger than it looks." Deimos tells him making him nod. "What are these? They're not really frogs, are they?" Harry questions holding up a chocolate frog. "No, but see what the card is. I'm missing Agrippa." Ron responds. "What?" Harry asks. "They have a spell on them. Ron is talking about the collectible cards in the packet of famous witches and wizards, he has about five hundred but is missing Agrippa and Ptolemy." Deimos clarifies making Harry nod in understanding.

Opening the candy Harry looks at his card "So this is Dumbledore!" he says. "Don't tell me you'd never heard of Dumbledore! Can I have a frog? I might get Agrippa -- thanks--" Ron smiles taking one when Harry nods. Harry reads the back of the card while Deimos looks out the window at the landscape "He's gone!" Harry suddenly exclaims. "Well you can't expect him to hang around all day, he'll be back. No, I've got Morgana again and I've got about six of her... do you want it? You can start collecting." Ron suggests handing Harry the card from his candy. "Help yourself. But in, you know, the Muggle world, people just stay put in photos." Harry tells his new friends motioning to the pile of chocolate frogs. "Do they? What, they don't move at all? Weird!" Ron comments. Harry opens a pack of every flavoured beans making Ron look at them "You want to be careful with those, when they say every flavor, they mean every flavour. You know, you get all the ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade, but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe. George reckons he had a booger-flavored one once." Ron warns as he takes a green one before spitting it out "Bleaaargh -- see? Sprouts." he tells them. Deimos laughs as they start trying the different colours to see what they'll get.

Soon a round faced boy appears in the doorway looking tearful "Sorry but have you seen a toad at all? I've lost him! He keeps getting away from me!" he asks. "I'm sure he'll turn up. We'll keep a look out for you though." Deimos tells him handing him a sugar quill. "Thanks, I'm two compartments down if you find him." the boy smiles weakly before leaving. "Don't know why he's so bothered, if I'd brought a toad I'd lose it as quick as I could. Mind you, I brought Scabbers, so I can't talk." Ron comments. "People care about their pets Ron, no what what they look like." Deimos glares. Ron shrugs and looks at a sleeping scanners on his lap "He might have died and you wouldn't know the difference, I tried to turn him yellow yesterday to make him more interesting, but the spell didn't work. I'll show you, look..." Ron tells Harry pulling his wand out. As he does a girl, already in her robes, with bushy hair appears in the doorway "Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one." she asks. "No sorry, we've told him we'll keep an eye out though." Deimos tells her. "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see it, then." she says sitting down opposite Ron and Deimos, next to Harry. Ron clears his throat as Deimos tries not to laugh "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow. Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." Ron says.

Scabbers stays grey and asleep making a Deimos bite his lip "Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? I've tried a few simple spells just for practice and it's all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it's the very best school of witchcraft there is, I've heard -- I've learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough. I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?" she asks quickly. "I'm Ron Weasley." Ron mutters. "Deimos Malloy Weasley." Deimos introduces quietly. "Harry Potter." Harry finishes. "Are you really? I know all about you, of course -- I got a few extra books, for background reading, and you're in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century." Hermione tells him. "Am I?" Harry asks astounded. "Goodness, didn't you know, I'd have found out everything I could if it was me. Do either of you know what house you'll be in? I've been asking around, and I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad... Anyway, we'd better go and look for Neville's toad. You three had better change, you know, I expect we'll be there soon." Hermione says before leaving.

Ron looks at Harry and Deimos "Whatever house I'm in, I hope she's not in it.  Stupid spell -- George gave it to me, bet he knew it was a dud." he rambles. "Course he did Ron. He was winding you up." Deimos chuckles. "What house are your brothers in?" Harry asks. "Gryffindor. Mum and Dad were in it, too. I don't know what they'll say if I'm not. I don't suppose Ravenclaw would be too bad, but imagine if they put me in Slytherin." Ron responds. "That's the house Vol-, I mean, You-Know-Who was in?" Harry asks. "Yeah." Ron nods. "You know, I think the ends of Scabbers' whiskers are a bit lighter. So what do your oldest brothers do now that they've left, anyway?" Harry asks, trying to change the subject as he notices the change in mood and Deimos' hair changing a darker shade. "Charlie's in Romania studying dragons, and Bill's in Africa doing something for Gringotts." Deimos explains. "Did you hear about Gringotts? It's been all over the Daily Prophet, but I don't suppose you get that with the Muggles, someone tried to rob a high security vault." Ron explains. "Really? What happened to them?" Harry asks. "Nothing, that's why it's such big news. They haven't been caught. My dad says it must've been a powerful Dark wizard to get round Gringotts, but they don't think they took anything, that's what's odd. 'Course, everyone gets scared when something like this happens in case You-Know-Who's behind it." Ron responds.

After a few minutes Ron suddenly realises something "What's your Quidditch team?" he asks. "Er -- I don't know any." Harry confesses. "What! Oh, you wait, it's the best game in the world." Ron starts before explaining the game, positions and brooms. As he does three boys walk in, a blonde with two tall stockier boys behind him; immediately Deimos tenses and looks down avoiding looking at his biological twin "Is it true? They're saying all down the train that Harry Potter's in this compartment. So it's you, is it?" Draco asks. "Yes." Harry responds looking at the two boys weather side of Draco. "Oh, this is Crabbe and this is Goyle, and my name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." Draco introduces. Ron coughs slightly drawing Draco's attention to him and Deimos "No need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford. Although they still decided to take in my twin, how are you Deimos?" Draco asks condescendingly "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." he continues looking at Harry and holding his hand out. "I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." Harry responds not taking his hand.

"I'd be careful if I were you, Potter. Unless you're a bit politer you'll go the same way as your parents. They didn't know what was good for them, either. You hang around with riffraff like my brother, the Weasleys and that Hagrid, and it'll rub off on you." Draco retorts. "Say that again." Ron glares as he and Harry jump up at the same time. Ron noticing Deimos' hair going black. "Oh, you're going to fight us, are you?" Malfoy sneers. "Unless you get out now." Harry tells him. "But we don't feet like leaving, do we, boys? We've eaten all our food and you still seem to have some." Draco says motioning to the candy. Goyle goes to reach for the chocolate frogs but as he does Ron goes to stop him and he cries out in pain before Ron can touch him. Looking at his hand everyone sees Scabbers hanging off his finger, teeth buried into his knuckle, making Goyle fling his hand around and Scabbers fly off and hit the window. The three boys run off only to be replaced by Hermione "What has been going on?" she asks looking at all the sweets on the floor and Ron picking Scabbers up. "I think he's been knocked out. No -- I don't believe it -- he's gone back to sleep." Ron remarks "You've met Malfoy before?" he asks looking at Harry making him explain that he met him in Diagon Alley. "What did he mean by Deimos being his brother?" Harry asks. "He's my Biological brother, twin to be exact." Deimos murmurs, hair still black. Ron sits next to him "The Malfoy's were some of the first to come back to our side after You-Know-Who disappeared. Said they'd been bewitched. Dad doesn't believe it. He says Malfoy's father didn't need an excuse to go over to the Dark Side." Ron explains before realising that Hermione is still in the doorway "Can we help you with something?" he asks. "You'd better hurry up and put your robes on, I've just been up to the front to ask the conductor, and he says we're nearly there. You haven't been fighting, have you? You'll be in trouble before we even get there!" Hermione explains. "Scabbers has been fighting, not us. Would you mind leaving while we change?" Ron asks. "All right -- I only came in here because people outside are behaving very childishly, racing up and down the corridors. And you've got dirt on your nose, by the way, did you know?" Hermione says before leaving again. Deimos sighs and grabs his robes before getting into them, Ron and Harry doing the same "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately." a voice announces making Deimos bite his lip and turn his hair back to blonde, not wanting to standout more than usual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 12K 56
Aspen Malfoy was given to her Uncle Lucius when she was one year old when her mother tragically died in an Auror raid. From that moment she becomes...
423K 10.7K 64
❝ mischief managed ❞ ❝ with you it's the complete opposite ❞ Emerson Diors didn't always like the Weasley Twins. Their pranks were unbearable. Their...
18.5K 320 9
Two families. Two purebloods who fell in love. A short Draco Malfoy love story.
279K 8.3K 43
Being the oldest Weasley girl of the family and Ron's twin wasn't easy. Everyone knew who she was. Not because she was the first Weasley to be sorted...