Imouto (Brothers Conflict Fan...

By Pink_Marshmallow29

Keiko's father, Hinata Rinatarou married a woman. When you marry someone, you get a package along with it. Wh... More

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 28
Episode 29

Episode 27

271 11 2
By Pink_Marshmallow29

"I'm gonna hang out with my friends this afternoon until evening. Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you, Ukyou-san."

Keiko and a few of the Asahina's brothers were lounging in the living room, chatting about their lives when Keiko stated that.

"Don't worry, imouto-san. Most of us are busy so I won't have to cook a large meal. Please have fun with your friends, you don't get to do it a lot later during the busy examination week." Ukyou reassured her.

"Yeah! Azusa will be discharged today, so Masa-nii and I will be busy helping him. You don't have to worry about it!" Tsubaki added.

"Who are you hanging out with? Your school friends or your childhood friends?" Yuusuke asked before feeding himself a potato chip.

"With my childhood friends." Keiko stood up from the sofa.

"Have fun imouto-chan!"

"Take care of yourself, imouto."

"Will do, goodbye!" She left the living room and got ready to meet up with her friends.

•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•

While Keiko was out with her friends, a package arrived for her from her papa. He was overseas with Miwa-san, accompanying her to a fashion show in Paris while exploring the catacombs.

Ukyou doesn't want the big package to be stolen so he decided to put it in the living room. As the sun set down, the brothers came home.

Some of them decided to hang in the living room. When they saw the package, they got curious. So, they waited until Keiko came home.

"Tadaima~!" Keiko greeted as she entered the living room.

"Okairinisai, imouto-san." Ukyou welcomed her back, pushing a cart full of snacks and cups of tea. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

"Yeah sure." She smiled, taking a seat next to Azusa. "Azusa-san, how are you?"

He smiled, "I'm feeling pretty good. It's been a long time since I came home, I miss this kind of mood."

"Did you have fun?" Yuusuke asked. He was lying beside Wataru on the floor, snacking on a cookie. Wataru was busy reading a manga.

She nodded her head happily. "We went to an art museum, watched a movie and went from cafe to cafe trying out their food."

"Oh, by the way imouto-san, you have a package from Rintarou-san." Masaomi remembered. "Let me go get it for you."

When he came back, he put the big package on the table.

"Oooooh!" This seems to have caught Wataru's attention as he got up and went to her side, inspecting the package. "You should open it, onee-chan!"

"Wataru, you shouldn't bother her." Yuusuke scolded.

"Yeah, open it up imouto-chan!" Tsubaki said, peering at the package from his seat.

"Tsuba-nii!"

Keiko chuckled. "It's okay, I don't mind opening it here."

"I'll get the knife cutter." Ukyou offered before standing up. When he returned, he handed her the knife cutter.

She thanked him before cutting the package open.

They all peered to look what's inside.

Is it an ancient vase? A cursed artifact?

"Oh?" Keiko brought out the content of the package.

There was a box of chocolates, perfume and a card.

She smiled when she opened the card to read its content.

To my dear daughter,

Happy 18th Birthday. I'm sorry I couldn't celebrate with you again but I promise the moment I land back home, we'll spend time together. I hope you love all the gifts. I love you.

P/s: don't eat the chocolates all at once unless you want a stomach ache.

From your old papa.

"It's your birthday today?!?" Wataru asked in disbelief. He had sat beside her, peering beside her shoulder and read the card.

"What?!?"

"We should celebrate it now! The bakery is still open right?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Um..." Keiko was startled. Their reactions were harmless, really. But for some reason, it made her feel... annoyed. "None of you guys asked about it... Besides, I'm used to celebrating it with my friends. Papa couldn't celebrate it with me due to work."

"Yeah, but you've got us now, your step brothers!" Tsubaki exclaimed.

"You should tell us something like this, imouto-chan." Kaname said.

"We care for every sibling of ours, including you."

"Care?" Keiko asked softly before standing up. "If you guys care, you would've asked when's my birthday in the first place." She scoffed. "But then again, I don't expect you guys to remember nor celebrate it with me." She bid them goodnight before leaving the room with her present in her hand.

"What's up with her? She's being annoying." Fuuto pointed out which earned a glare from Yuusuke and Tsubaki. "What? We're being nice but it seems like she doesn't appreciate it."

"Maybe she's tired... and disappointed with us." Iori reasoned.

"How could we not know when her birthday is? We've lived with her for almost 9 months." Tsubaki said.

"Yuusuke, you knew her the longest among us. Don't you know?" Kaname asked.

"Yeah, you've had a crush on her since you guys first met." Fuuto smirked. "You're the one that's supposed to know."

"W-well, I- um... I never had the chance to ask her okay? I was shy around her..."

Fuuto sighed, "Baka Yuusuke is useless like always."

Before Yuusuke was able to reply, Masaomi interrupted, "Now now, let's not point fingers. It's all our fault for never caring to know when her birthday is... or anything about her."

"I do know something about onee-chan!" Wataru shouted, his arm raised. "She likes playing games!"

"We all know that, Wataru. Other things like her favourite colours, what vegetables she dislikes, all that stuff." Azusa pointed out.

"Yet we declared we care about her..." Subaru muttered, his mind and the others flashbacked during the storm.

"... You guys care for me that much?"

"Of course we do, we're your brothers after all!"

A few of them slumped their shoulders. They felt bad and guilty.

How could they miss their step-sister's birthday? Of course celebrating birthdays were rare occasions because all of them are busy but they've never celebrated their step-sister's birthday... and now they've got to wait until next year... unless...

"Let's plan a surprise birthday party for her." Yuusuke suggested.

"It won't be on onee-chan's birthday though..." Wataru pouted.

Masaomi patted his head. "It's better to celebrate it later rather than not." He looked at Hikaru. "Hikaru, you're in charge of making sure Rintarou-san and okaa-san are here to celebrate together."

"Consider that done." Hikaru winked.

"Azusa, you're in charge of telling Natsume." Ukyou said.

"Ehhhh, but that's usually my job!" Tsubaki interrupted.

"Tsuba-nii... you'll just forget about it or remember to do it when it's too late." Iori pointed out, causing Tsubaki to pout.

While the Asahina's brothers were discussing, Keiko on the other hand...

"Why did I do that?" She sighed as she plopped herself onto the bed, one of her arms covering her eyes. "That was unnecessary."

She laid on her side, taking the frame on her bed side table. She caressed her mother's face. "Hi mama. I turn 18 today." She began telling how her day went. She frowned upon remembering what happened with her step-brothers. "I didn't mean to lash out on them like that... but I'm kinda disappointed and sad they don't seem to care enough about my birthday. They don't even care to know what's happening in my life..." An image of Yuusuke with his goofy grin flashed through her mind, causing her to smile. "Except Yuusuke... but he still didn't care enough to know when my birthday was, even after that declaration during the storm..."

She quickly got up and hit her cheeks. "Ugh, why am I acting like a kid? It's just a birthday..." She got up from her bed, deciding to bathe and wash away her thoughts.

•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•Δ•

A week had passed since then.

Keiko had apologised for lashing out on her step-brothers, saying it was just her emotions getting the best of her. Her step-brothers also apologised, hiding the fact that they are planning a surprise birthday celebration for her.

They were all busy throughout the week, making sure the foods, decorations and presents were prepared. However, the most challenging thing was keeping it a secret from Keiko. There were a lot of times their secrets were revealed but either they were lucky or Keiko was dumb.

On the afternoon of the celebration, Yuusuke and Wataru had invited her to an arcade, letting the other brothers decorate the house and prepare for the celebration.

After the preparations were done, Tsubaki had called Yuusuke, telling them to come home.

When Keiko stepped inside the living room, she was greeted with streams showered down to the ground and shouts of 'Happy Birthday!' to her.

"Ehhhh?" She smiled, walking further into the living room. She looked around the room, seeing the living room decorated with small banners and the floor littered with balloons. Some were also tied to the side.

"Otanjoubi omedetou, Keiko."

She turned around and her grin widened.

"Papa!" She ran to him and hugged him, causing them to stagger a few steps behind.

Her father chuckled, patting her head.

She looked up at her father with a pout. "You didn't tell me you were coming back."

"I can't tell you or I'd ruin the celebration."

A flash of light caused them to look to their side. Miwa was holding a camera while laughing. "What a lovely father-daughter reunion!"

"Miwa-san-" Keiko shook her head. "Okaa-san, okaerinasai." She smiled shyly.

"Tadaima, Keiko-chan." She gave Keiko a tight hug before leading her towards the dining room. "You must be hungry, right? Let's eat dinner!"

When they entered the dining room, Keiko gasped. The table was filled with all kinds of food, both fast foods and Japanese food.

"Hope you like all of the food we prepared... well some were bought." Ukyou stated as he stood beside Keiko.

"The cake was baked by me though." Louis puts his hands on her shoulder, guiding her to a seat.

"You did all this for me?" Keiko asked as her family took their seats.

"Of course!" Tsubaki nodded his head quickly before slowing down. He scratched his neck, embarrassment evident from his movement. "We're sorry for not caring about your birthday... or anything about you at all."

"Yeah..." Yuusuke continued. "You took your time to get to know us better, knowing what we like and dislike and remembering it but we..."

"We were idiots." Subaru continued. "Selfish idiots who don't even consider your feelings."

A few of the brothers remembered their selfish confession and actions towards Keiko and cringed.

"That's why..." Wataru started. "...we throw you a birthday and apology party!"

"And we invited Rintarou-san since it's been a long time since you guys met each other, right?" Hikaru added with a wink.

"You guys didn't have too... I acted like a child too, I'm sorry about that."

"Imouto-chan, don't apologise." Kaname frowned. "You didn't do anything wrong at all, we were the ones who hurted your feelings."

"That's right." Natsume agreed. "So, enjoy today's feast and smile."

Seeing her family smile made her smile too. "Arigato, minna."

And enjoying the feast is what she did.

After dinner, they all gathered in the living room to give Keiko her presents.

The eldest went first, gifting her the Usa-tan she received during Christmas. A few days before, Masaomi 'borrowed' her Usa-tan, saying he needs to do its monthly check-up. When in reality, he had added a new feature to it which is the addition of a mini first aid-set.

The serious lawyer gave her a reservation for a famous restaurant in Ebisu Park. She was going to decline it, saying it's too 'elegant' for a girl like her. However, he reassured her saying that he reserved a table for her and their father. Knowing how much Keiko missed her father, Ukyou thought spending time together in a fancy restaurant would be a great gift.

The pervert monk gave her tickets to a one-night onsen trip, suggesting she could use the extra ticket to invite him along the trip. Thankfully, Ukyou hit him with a pan, scolding him for his perverted suggestion. Keiko also declined, saying she'll invite her friends so she won't be spending it all alone.

The fox-like writer gave her a book on poetry as he remembered her once saying she's interested in reading poems. Of course, there were rules set up by him if she were to read it. One of them is to read it only when he is with her.

The identical twins decided to give her a set of outfits picked by themselves. It was a beautiful pink dress suited for the summer paired with white sneakers and a pink plaid hairband. She loves it!

The non-identical of the triplets gave her a new adventure game that was just released, the main character being an orange cat. He remembered her saying she wanted it so he gave it to her. However, he did advise her to play it moderately and not to forget to study for her exams.

The soft-spoken hairstylist gave her a set of aromatherapy, saying she should use it when he styles her hair for maximum benefit. And for when she is stressed with school.

The basketball athlete gifted her a cute purse. He added that Okamoto helped pick it out since he doesn't have any idea what to give her.

The quiet and calm Iori gave her a mini cactus, saying it'll be easy for her to take care of. When asked why a cactus, he said it reminded him of her. Small but tough.

Her same-aged brother gave her a discount card from the karaoke shop he worked part-time at. He even said he'll pay for the drinks and snacks she'd order.

The bratty idol gave her a ticket to his next concert, stating she gets to sit in the VIPs so she can get the best view of him on stage, performing his very best.

The youngest gave her a jar full of coupons that he made. A few were: help coupon, playing games together coupon, princess coupon and 100x kisses coupon. Some of the brothers complained about the kiss coupon but Keiko laughed it off, saying it's cute.

The last presents she got were from her stepmother.

Miwa sat next to her, handing her a small box tied neatly with a ribbon.

Keiko put it on her lap, carefully pulling the ribbon loose. When she opened it, she stiffened.

It was a necklace. A beautiful necklace decorated with 3 flowers, five petals each with small gemstones of different colour in it. It must have cost fortunes!

"Do you like it? It's custom-made just for you! It was hard persuading my friend to make it but here's the final product!"

"Um... thank you, okaa-san. It's really pretty." She said, giving her a fake smile.

It is pretty.

But she already has a necklace. The one that she is wearing right now with the heart-shaped charm. When it's opened, there is a picture of her mama and her little self.

She never took it off after her mama's death, wanting to keep it with her 24/7. Afraid she will lose it, just like how she lost her mama.

"I know right? That's why..." Miwa scooted closer to Keiko, her hand reaching out to the old worned-out necklace. "... you should change it."

Paaaap!

Everyone's eyes widened as they were shocked.

Keiko had slapped Miwa's hand away.

"I- I um I-" Her eyes became watery, as she stuttered an apology. Feeling frustrated and stressed out by everyone's stares, she abruptly stood up. "I- I have to go." She quickly avoided her step-brothers and ran to the door, wanting to be alone in her room.

"Keiko-chan?" Miwa was about to run after her when Rintarou grabbed her arm, stopping her.

He shook his head, explaining, "The necklace she's wearing was given to her by her late mother. It's something she cherishes very dearly." He pulled her to an empty seat, holding her hands. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you beforehand."

Miwa gave him a comforting smile, squeezing his hand and telling him, "It's not your fault. You didn't even know what I wanted to give her. It's entirely my fault."

He gave her a small smile before turning towards his stepsons. "I apologise on her behalf, she doesn't mean any harm. I hope you guys could empathise with her."

While they were talking, Keiko was in her room, all alone curled up on her bed. She felt horrible. How could she do that to Miwa? Her intention was definitely nice but... it just didn't sit well with her.

She loves the necklace, even though it's old and dull.

She grabbed her phone and called Daiki. For some reason, he was the first person she thought of to seek comfort.

Daiki immediately picked up the phone and said, "Keiko? What's up, you'd usually just text me."

"Just felt like calling you."

The line was silent for a few seconds before he said, "There's definitely something wrong."

She sighed, tears began streaming down her cheeks. "Yeah..." She laughed awkwardly, trying to hide her cracked voice. She began telling him what happened and how terrible she felt.

"I'll come over."

She sat up straight on her bed. "What, why?"

"You're sad."

"Yeah but..."

"No buts. Go drink some water and wait for me." He ended the call, causing Keiko to stare at her phone.

Her face heated up and she fell back onto her bed, covering her face with her hands.

She's falling harder for Daiki.

A knock on her door made her snapped out of her lovesickness. She quickly stood up and opened it.

"Keiko."

It was her papa.

She moved to the side, silently inviting him inside.

He smiled, patting her head while entering her room.

She sat down on her bed, her eyes looking at the floor. She knows why he's here.

And honestly, she thinks deserves the scolding.

"I really felt bad towards Miwa-san. Please don't be mad at me for too long."

The bed to her side dipped, signalling that her father sat beside her. He grabbed her chin and faced her towards him.

"I'm not mad at you. And so are the rest."

"But I hurt her feelings..."

"That is true." Keiko frowned upon hearing her papa's words. "But yours hurts way more, isn't it?"

She slowly nodded her head.

He placed strands of her hair behind her ear before hugging her. "You're so strong, I'm proud to call you my daughter."

She giggled, hugging him back tighter. "That's random but thank you."

"I'm serious." Though his tone was serious, he had a smile plastered on his face. It was quickly replaced with a frown. "I'm sorry for not being with you whenever you needed me."

"I don't mind." She buried her head on his shoulder. "My brothers were always there so I never felt alone."

"You're getting along well with them, huh?"

She pulled away from the hug. "There were times when they were being overbearing and um plain weird but in the end, they're always with me." She looked at her desk.

On top of it was a picture taken during her papa's wedding with Miwa. Everyone was in it, completing the family picture.

"I'm glad you marry Miwa-san. Mama would definitely approve of it."

Her papa let out a chuckle. "Speaking of your mama... wanna visit her graveyard while I'm here?"

She smiled, nodding her head. "Sure, it's been a long time since we spend some quality family time." She suddenly remembered Ukyou's gift and quickly added that they can go to the restaurant after.

"Speaking of present, I haven't given yours yet, right?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "You did, I got your presents last week."

"But you didn't get this." He pulled out a rectangle-shaped present.

"What's this?" She asked, grabbing the present.

"Open it up if you want to know." Her papa tapped the present.

She carefully unwrapped it, not wanting to ruin whatever delicate thing is in the present.

"It's..."

It was a frame with a picture of her parents. Her mama was on a hospital bed, holding a newborn baby girl. Her papa was beside her, smiling down at the baby.

"It's a gift from your mother." Keiko's attention immediately went to her papa's word. "Your mother wanted to give this picture to you when you've grown up." His lips curved downwards. "Unfortunately, she couldn't. So, I've been keeping it. I guess, a part of me wanted to hold onto it longer."

"Just like me..." She whispered, holding the necklace.

"But, it's time to move on. I've fallen in love again, still doing what I love and..." He pulled her closer, kissing her temple. "I have you, a person that has a mix of your mother."

"And I have you, a new mom and caring brothers." She looked down at the necklace. "Do you think Miwa-san will still want to give me the necklace?"

"I'm sure she will if you'll accept it."

"Then, let's go back to where everyone is." She stood up, pulling him to his feet. "I've got an apology to do."

Her papa chuckled, caressing her hair.

When they arrived at the living room, everyone was on the sofa. Some were watching Louis' favourite drama while some were talking among themselves.

However, they stopped when they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Keiko, I'm-"

Miwa was about to apologise when Keiko shook her head.

"Okaa-san, minna, I'm sorry you guys have to see that. I acted without thinking and hurt your guys feelings." Keiko bowed down before giving them a sheepish smile. "Um the necklace... can you help me wear it?"

Miwa's eyes widened before she gave Keiko a smile. "It would be an honour." She patted the seat next to her, causing Keiko to move there.

The brothers and their father watched them with a smile.

After her mother helped her with the necklace, she turned around to show the necklace on her neck.

"Ooooh it looks so pretty on you, onee-chan!"

"Very elegant yet simple. It suits your collarbone too, imouto-san."

"You make the necklace pop out even more, imouto-chan!"

Keiko laughed. "You guys sure love to flatter a woman." She held the heart-charm on her old necklace. "Can I put this charm on this necklace? I want to keep them in one place."

"Of course! Would you like my help? I can ask my friend to polish the charm too."

"Thank you, I would like that."

Her phone rang, causing everyone's eyes on her.

She picked it up, smiling as she heard the voice on the other line.

"Uh I'm here. How can I get up?"

"Wait, I'll come get you."

After she ended the call, she excused herself to go down. Her family were looking at each other, eyebrows raised as confusion washed over their faces.

When she re-entered the room, some of the brothers glared at the boy behind Keiko. Some were welcoming, giving him a warm smile.

"I hope you guys don't mind if Daiki joins?" Keiko asked, giving her best puppy eyes.

"Ooooh, we don't mind at all!" Miwa answered, pushing the boy to the living room.

"Thank you for having me." Daiki said with a smile, taking a seat on the sofa.

"Why did you come here?" Yuusuke asked, sitting next to him.

Daiki glanced at Keiko before turning towards Yuusuke. "To see my girlfriend."

"Your girlfriend?!?" They all shouted in surprise.

Keiko was surprised too. The audacity of this boy, claiming she is his girlfriend when he didn't even confess to her... is making her feel shy and embarrassed.

"Since when?!?" Tsubaki shouted.

"Seems like I miss a lot of your life, huh?" Rintarou asked, patting her head.

"Eeeeeh but onee-chan's mine!"

"You're with a guy like that." Fuuto eyed him up and down. "You should be with someone better..."

"You better enjoy yourself... cause this will be the last time you'll be here." Ukyou said with a... frightening smile.

"We're not..." When all eyes were on her, she paused. They're not exactly a couple but... a chance like this won't come again. And if he has decided to play this game, she'll play along. She cleared her throat before continuing, "Yes, he's my boyfriend. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce him to you guys since everyone is here."

"Hmm, it is." Rintarou hummed, taking a seat next to his wife. "Now, what makes you think you're suitable to be my daughter's boyfriend?"

While her parents 'interviewed' Daiki, she chatted with her brothers.

"So, what do you guys think of him?" She asked.

"He's okay I guess..." Subaru murmured.

"If Chii-chan's happy with him, then I'm happy."

"If he turns out to be bad, I'll kick his ass for you." Yuusuke said, showing his fist.

Keiko giggled. "Yuusuke-kun, he's your friend!"

"Besides, I think imouto-san will be able to kick his ass without needing your help." Natsume pointed out.

"Hey!"

They laughed. It is true that she can kick his ass, heck she can definitely kick anyone's ass if she wants.

After the laughter died down, she cleared her throat. Her eyes casting downwards, her cheeks growing red from thinking what she's going to say next.

"Um you guys." She called out, glancing at them shyly. When all of her brother's attention was on her, she cleared her throat. "I really appreciate the surprise, arigatou... onii-chan."

The four eldest were surprised but quickly gave a warm smile. The eldest of the triplets was grinning from ear to ear, the other two glancing at each other with a knowing smile. The three older brothers above her were surprised, they couldn't hide it. Guess they never expected her to call them that. The three youngest had a frown. They're either the same age or younger than her, thus why they feel left out.

"Onee-chan, onee-chan!" Wataru hugged her. "I helped with the surprise too!"

She giggled. "Gomen Wataru-chan. Arigatou, onii-chan, Yuusuke-kun, Fuuto-kun and Wataru-chan."

"Hmph if only I was older than you." Fuuto whispered.

Yuusuke smiled widely, showing his white teeth. "We're all glad you're happy with the surprise."

And they were right.

She was happy with the surprise from her dearest family. Her mama would definitely be happy too, seeing her daughter receiving the love she should.

°~°~°

I'm so proud I got to update this book after a while. Right now, I'm in semester break so hopefully I'll be able to write more :D

Happy reading!

Published on 29 July 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 7.2K 34
You are Sugawara's little sister. Blessed with your beautiful silver hair and flawless pale skin, boys have always fawned over you. When you start at...
40.1K 1.4K 53
(I don't own brothers conflict, only Lisa) - - - - - So, I noticed that most fanfiction about Brothers Conflict is based on the anime. So I decided...
160K 3.6K 30
Ema Hinata now Asahina,was living with her 13 brothers. One week before her father and Miwa-san's wedding, Ema receive letter that will change their...
283K 6.6K 48
Rosalie Hinata is Ema little sister. They are both the same age. Five years before her father Rintarou Hinato married Miwa Asahina, Rosalie had recei...