✓Just One Time|| A. Agreste

By MyLovelyGlutton23

She's born to be my lover. On the outside Adrien was a gentle, loving guy. Kind to his peers and patience to... More

Just One Time
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Not an Update!
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
⛄🎄 Christmas Special🎄⛄
Not an Update
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Epilogue
Luka Ending

Chapter Twenty-One

2.4K 77 14
By MyLovelyGlutton23

∘˚˳°✧ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ||

Panic...

Anger...

Fear...

You didn't know what to do anymore. There were many overwhelming emotions inside you that you don't know what to feel, what to show or what to say.

You wanted your day to be peaceful. Accompany Adrien to his photoshoot, do some errand like an assistant then go home and sleep. You didn't want this .. you didn't want your mother and your brother seating across you and Adrien as they talk like you two are not there.

You didn't want to be here... Clearly your parents already abandoned you, not showing themselves during graduation, or even call or message you to ask how are you but no! You didn't even receive a single dot, word, sigh, just a sign that they're still alive.

They don't care about you... You made up your mind.

"Ehem!" You faked cleared your throat to stop the two and just get this done with as soon as possible. Adrien also looks like his composure is wearing thin since he's been drag here during work.
Despite him hating photoshoot, he would just choose that than be here and seat like an air, existing but also not.

"Oh I'm sorry" your mother said and sighed, looking at Lucas before handing the boy his fork to eat while you watch with cold eyes.

"What do you want Mrs (L/n)?" You ask, disregarding her reaction.

"I..i.." she stuttered before she cough..

"I just want to apologize" your eyes turned colder.

Fuck..sorry? That's all?

"I... it's not that we didn't want you but... We were—your father and i.. we don't know what to do anymore..i didn't want to give you but we don't know what to do with the debt. So..so we ask for Gabriel's help.....---------"

~

You run your way towards your destination where Luka wanted to meet you. Dark bags were forming under your eyes and people could notice the tiredness in them.
The rim on your eyes were also red, an indication that you just cried.

It's been 3 days when you saw your mother—no..if ever you'll call her like that once more.
You were stressed, barely sleeping and barely eating and Alya and your other friends notice it too.

Adrien, the person who was with you when that woman told you the truth sometimes looks at you with worry, going back to his old days, watching over you like a mother hen.

Fuck... Sometimes you just wanted to bash your head against a concrete wall and lay motionlessly on the road.

Life can really be tiring and a major disappoinment sometimes.

Sighing in relief when you saw Luka on his phone seating on the same bench where you and him pretended  everything's alright.
You nervously walk to him, loud footstep causing Luka to look at you with a smile.
You faltered when you saw something deep in those eyes, for some reason it made you felt fear and uncertainty as he patted the space beside him.

Loud heartbeat.

You already knew what's this is. It scares you how Luka could bring so much fear in you.

"How's your day?" You look at him and his eyes trailed in your face. You cursed when you forgot to put some foundation on your face to hide the swelling in your eyes.

"fine" Lies..

And you knew, that he knew it.. more than anyone, it would be Luka and... Adrien that understand what you really felt.

"H-how about you?" You ask, your eyes look to the side where he is seating, your breathing hitch when he was looking at you intently. There was worry, in his eyes and you panic.

"You know that i love you, right?" He diverted the topic, ignoring your question. You feel it...

"Y-yeah" you answered, uncomfortably shifting in your seat, while fiddling with your fingers, you wanted to look away, but something inside you knew that you wont stare at those beautiful eyes of his  like this once again, after this day that is.

"And I'm sure you know that i care for you, deeply" you nodded, eyes starting to heat up. You could even hear your heart beating so loud.

"Just s-say it, Luka" he look down, then you felt him grasping you hand to his.
It was simple, yet it made you feel a bit better.

"I.. this is gonna hurt, for you and i. I don't want to part ways with us not thinking properly, you get me?" You nodded.

You don't want to end this relationship...but if you look at it on the bright side, this would help you fix yourself first.

"You have been stressed lately, and i could see that. I want to help but for some reason your shutting me out, and i understand that you don't want me to know, yet." You nodded, feeling guilty.

"What i mean is—" Luka sighed, his other hand combing through his hair, finding it difficult to say the words. He also doesn't want to break up, but you needed it, he also needs it too.
He don't want your relationship to escalate further up to the point of no trust where you two would fight now and then.
He could see that you feel skeptical of his relationship with Marinette, however, he want you to say it to him rather than being suspicious.
He doesn't like Marinette that way, even though the girl shows clear interest to him, he won't and will not like look at her that way when he has you.

Luka doesn't want a relationship that could end the both of you.

"Everything around us is changing us both. You don't trust me with Marinette and I, i feel like I'm not showing you much attention and i feel guilty of that. Plus, with all your problem, i know you have a lot to think of and with this uncertain relationship of ours, it would only end up, hurting us both. I love you, and i know you do too. Because if you don't, you wouldn't have told me what happened at Las Vegas. But...i want us to separate, break up, cool off..for ourselves."

You squeezed his hand, tears streaming down your face as he cup your cheeks, brushing some using his thumb.

Blinking, you laced your fingers to his and nodded, understanding his point, and your situation.

You chosed to not tell him of your situation and even if it ended up like this, you would only choose to hide it again and again.

"Promise me that once we're alright, we'll go back to each other's arms once again"

"Promise" Luka smiled and you nodded

"Last kiss?" Chucking, Luka dip his head and met your lips, you bit his lips and wrap your arms around his nape, pulling him closer, wanting this to be memorable as this would be the last time you would feel his lips, hug him like this once more.
His fingers squeezed your waist and you hummed.

And as the sun of Paris shine brightly down at you both. You both parted, forehead close to each other as you stare at each others eyes

"If we still love each other, we'll mend this relationship"

Smiling you nodded and hug him for the last time

•°•.✧ᴇɴᴅ||

This chapter is entitled Uncertain Promises.
It's cringe-y as shit(oops sorry) and i really find it hard to make it low key, and ehmm..not cringe.

Anyway, life lesson... just break up already if you and your partner don't trust each other anymore
If you two can't fix it, that means—and also the world wanted you to end your relationship and the better person for you is just out there.

However, for those married already... Err..(to the scums who cheat) why marry when you're not contented with your spouse?

Anyway that's only my opinion.

We've reached 12 k and 500+ votes!
Hi! Also to those new readers! Thank you for supporting this story! I'm sorry for not updating!

My family and i are stuck in my hometown since every city that we're going to pass through are under alert level 3. We need antigen, rt cpr(is that the word?) And lots of requirements to go back.
Although i want to stay here, i still need to go back since I'm still studying there.

Anywayssss....this is my update

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 882 34
"It takes a broken heart, to know how to break a heart." Adrien Agreste has never been the same since his mother died. He refuses to get attached to...
111K 3.8K 18
❝If I was going to give up out of sheer rejection, what was the point in loving you in the first place?❞ *** Marinette Dup...
263K 7.4K 18
She's best at what she does. But what she does isn't the best. She's done may jobs like this before but protecting a famous guys son may not be as ea...
529K 18.7K 82
~Highest rank: #1 in mlb ~ -COMPLETED AS OF OCTOBER 5, 2022- (A/N: Please don't read this story if you're under 15, there is some content I'm not com...