The Value of Tears (En- JayWo...

Από ENCARMOA96

Jay only values the valuable and that is money and his life but Jungwon is a different story as he values eve... Περισσότερα

Start
I
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIII pt. 2
XXIII pt. 3
XXIII pt. 4
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII (FINAL)
Bonus Chapter

VI

1.9K 123 52
Από ENCARMOA96

Jay

I let out a sigh as I made a mental note to drop off by HYBE Medical Center later. I brought out my phone before turning to the whining group of criminals.

"Try to tell anyone about me . . . and I will hunt you all down. ."

Good thing I have half my face covered.

I dialed the emergency hotline before I turn to them which they all look away.

"Yes hello . . uhm there are a bunch of wounded men in the abandoned burnt orphanage area. .. I don't know. There's a van here. . I think this is the burnt orphanage from 15 years ago. . you better hurry or they will ran out of blood"

I entered my car and drove away.

I can't believe I am actually driving to the hospital. And the moment I enter, I immediately spotted Sunghoon seated in front of the operating room. Damn, how can I forget their relationship?

I went straight to the cashier and asked for Shim Jaeyun and I asked for the full cost of whatever he'll be operated from which is a lot by the way.

I gave her my card to which she gasp upon the sight. I guess black cards are a sight these days and I just happen to have only that card in my wallet today.

I walk to the exit of the hospital to which I saw the men being wheeled in the emergency room.

................ ( I am running out of scenes so let us have some time skip )........

My dad and I are now driving to the seaside to get to the island where we will be mining for pearls underwater.

"Dad .   by the way, once the pearls are released, let us have the three new faces take the photoshoot at the beach . . sophisticated looks like them will make the scene more majestic"

My dad laughed and I know I gave a good idea.

Arriving at the port, me and my dad boarded the yacht towards the small island and I could say, it looked prettier than on the picture.

We landed on the seaside and my dad's men came to our aid and helped us with my luggage as me and my dad went to speak with the person in charge of this small island.

We were warmly welcomed or should I say very warmly welcomed. I am curious to what these women are doing as they continuously tried to give me something.

Dude, I don't need those shits and I don't care if you fish them out the sea.

The person in charge toured us around which is unnecessary to be honest because I believe I will only be staying in the house for the rest of my stay.

Arriving at the house made me breathe finally as I roam around the fully furnished house. It look so luxurious.

as my dad and the man spoke with each other, I was given the time to tour the house and I came across the balcony and the view was breathtaking. I can clearly see the sea to which I think is my advantage as I can see the people diving.

I went back to my bag and grabbed my phone and camera. I began to snap few pictures here and there. Damn this is really a good view and I know exactly where to place the models to snap the prettiest photos for those precious pearls.

I place my camera on the side before grabbing my telescope and started sight seeing from afar.

_____

Night came and dad invited me to have dinner with the other citizens here so that I can call for company if I needed to.

I joined them for dinner because I hate it when I rejected dad's invitation. I just sat there and ate as my dad spoke with the other folks. But then my interest was triggered when the folks mentioned something about the pearls.

"You know how those pearls are believed to not be from oysters?"

"Pearls only come from oysters"

They look at me before one of the oldest man spoke up.

"Not these pearls. . . pearls of this beauty cannot come from oysters. My grandfather told me stories of them before. . you know he said they come from a special sea creature"

"What could it be? . . . "

What folks say stays as fairy tales, you know those stories they tell children to either scare them or make them believe in something nonexistent like Santa Claus? Yeah, I believe that's what this old man's grandpa told him.

"You wouldn't believe me young man. People of your age will never believe me. . . I wouldn't bother"

I just rolled my eyes before continuing eating my food that is about to run cold. I just hope those divers tomorrow will be in good shape.

Speaking of divers, I noticed from their profiles how most of them are from this island. Is dad doing this to give jobs to the people here? That's gonna be a bad move. What if those divers are not good enough?

"Dad, is there a particular reason you picked divers from this island to work for us?"

"I'll explain later . . "

I just nodded and continue to eat as I gaze upon the beautiful sea and the night itself when something caught my eyes.

The shape of the rock is odd. It is shaped like a person is seated on the rock. Ok not even one day in this island already gave me the creeps. I'm not scared of people but ghosts, that's another element of nature that science cannot explain. It makes them more scary.

I drank my water and when I look back, the rock is shaped like a normal rock and that alone makes me choke on my drink as my heart sped up its beating.

Shit no one must know. I can't go around walking and be known as the man who is scared of ghosts. I won't be taken seriously then. And I hate to be seen as a joke, I might kill someone.

The people look at me and I just brush it off.

". . . my grandfather believe that those pearls came from mermaids"

And I now manage to spat out my drink.

Seriously, mermaids?

I believe blood sucking vampires exists more than believing that mermaids exists. I mean, how even are they brought to this world? It's weird to think about a human with a fish as its leg?

"I'm so sorry. . . it's just *ahem* so weird and unusual to think of mermaids and stuff when we're eating fish"

The people laughed even if I am not even intending to joke around.

"Don't worry young man . . . this place is amazing and you are lucky we allowed you here. . you see, not many people can come here. Our security is intense and the government actually protects us and this island. So unlike the city, this place is fresh. Plus, you can have all the pearls you can find. As long as our people can have at least a job"

"Why don't you just open this place for tourists? I mean people will pay anything to visit this place. . . and your people will have jobs. This place might even get rich. It has a huge potential"

"I'm sorry young man, but we want to preserve this place. We don't want uncultured people to come and pollute this area and its people. . . plus we're happy"

I seem to offend them.

What was wrong with my suggestion? I suggested something for them, and that is to take advantage of this place.

"Not everything is about the luxury and comfort young master. The people here values this place"

One of our trusted servant spoke and I can't help but to shut my mouth. These people are missing out on the grandeur.

"Luxury will soon perish but this place will remain forever fresh and beautiful for other generations to enjoy. What's the point of having so much when they will soon be gone right? At least us, we have this place like no other to call home"

Yeah whatever. They just want to be stuck to the life of boredom. I want this job to be done as quick as possible. I still have some business back home where life really lives.

The dinner was done with me not caring about what they are saying. My dad and I went back to the house to rest as dad will be leaving early tomorrow morning.

"Jay . . . don't you think that man has a point about living life? You know preserving the natural beauty for other generations?"

"Dad, it's the same with making money. I mean, you make money and then your kids will take them after you die and they make more for their future kids as well. The cycle goes on. . nothing special about this place"

Dad is acting strange. I mean, he would've agreed with me instead of saying those words.

As Jay went to his room, his father stood there with tears in his eyes. He regret everything he has done.

"If only I taught you right. . . I was like you now when I met you . . . I'm sorry, I didnt know you would literally be like this"

The regret he's feeling is immaculate but he knew he can do nothing because the Jay right now, is someone he cannot recognize anymore. And he knew it was his fault.

____________

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

107K 6.3K 41
"If you're meant to be, you're meant to be" This is an ENHYPEN JakeHoon book. I'm attempting if I can do this for this group and I hope I'll do well...
45K 2.7K 12
Book 2 of Café EN- series [Complete] Jay wants him to be more than just his Secretary Main ship💛 *JayWon Side ship💚 *Sunki *Heegene ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ Boyxbo...
48K 2.9K 32
What will you do if you are stuck between two choices? * Short Story * HeeJayWon *fiction
263K 15.5K 33
if you ask sunghoon, he will probably said what he feels for jake was 𝙟𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙮 but he can't help but to fall for it. no matter how many time...