The Obsession (EXO Fanfic) ||...

By KimchiiDesu

❝ How much.. are you willing to sacrifice for the one you love? ❞ Chae Min Seo, a successful widow who works... More

The Obsession (EXO Fanfic) || ❋KimuGo Originals
Chapter 1 : Happy Anniversary
Chapter 2 : One Night Stand
Chapter 3 : Seo Office
Chapter 4 : Desperate Measure

Chapter 5 : 7 Years Later

2.1K 77 40
By KimchiiDesu

7 Years Later

....

....

Seoul University. Afternoon.

"Are you serious? You've never had a boyfriend in your entire life?!" said Ha Joon. I shut my locker and lean hard on it. "Can you please not make it seem like it's a bad thing. I'm still young okay? And boys can wait after I graduate. Besides, it's not like I'm interested in having one right now.." Ha Joon and Jihyun both stare profoundly at one another, making me feel guilty for no reason.

"Uhm, hello? Earth to Jung-Ah? By the time you get a boyfriend yourself you'll be over thirty! You seriously need to mingle with boys, like, right as of now!" says Jihyun, checking out male freshmen student as she playfully twirls her hair. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that remark, "It's actually great that you guys are worried for me. But if you guys really want me to be happy, you'd stop and let me make up my own life."

As I spun in place, I unexpectedly bump into a person way too close for his own good. I tilt my head up to find these group of morons at it again with their attitude. "Jung-ah! There you are! I've been starting to feel like you've been ignoring me since yesterday. I sent over a dozen bouquet over to your house yesterday, were you able to receive it?"

I sent him a dissatisfied look, hoping he'd realize how much of a pest he is each day. "Well, I don't know, Kyung. Maybe because I really am avoiding you since yesterday. And yes, I happily let my servants burn the flowers cause, you know, I'm allergic to those flowers, remember?" Taeil and Heechul simultaneously laugh at Kyung who had this unexplainable but satisfying speechless look.

As soon as Kyung regains his usual self, he starts jabbing the both of them around their abdomen. Let's see. I guess this is the part where I actually introduce who these unique people are. Well, to make things completely short, they're the children of my Mother's best friends. In short, my childhood friends.

Ha Joon, believe it or not, is actually one of the running candidates for Valedictorian. Even with her cheeky and weary personality, she works hard to get what she wants. She's an only child, so maybe it's because of that that she's working hard to inherit her Parents' oil company.

Taeil and Kyung are the most closest brothers you'll ever meet. They're both raised equally with their parents since they're always with one another. What's good with them around is that they rarely argue over something, and even if they do, they get over it after a while. They're considered one of handsome lads you'll ever lay eyes on. Even the senior graduates have a hard time coping with their good looks and amazing brains.

Kyung, however, is very obnoxious to which people are too blind to see. Sometimes, I'm not even sure if he really likes me for who I am, or is just being controlled by his Mother or my Mother to like me. Whatever reason it is, I will and forever be, not interested in him. I mean just think about it, it's like marrying your brother!

Anyway, Heechul and Jihyun are paternal twins. They were also so quiet before, and like Taeil and Kyung, they do almost everything with one another. Though, after getting into High school, they slowly started becoming noisy and very active at things. It's mostly because of Ha Joon, Taeil and Kyung that they started becoming different people.

And then there's me, Park Jung-Ah. The daughter of the most wealthiest parents of Seoul. To them, I am worth more than what they have in their banks. The same goes to my little brother who is carefully cared for by Mom, his name is Jongwon. Not to brag a lot about me, but I live in an almost perfect life. Perfect since I have all the things I need, and almost perfect since I can't be what my Mother wants me to be.

By the time all of us exit the school I find my personal butler, Baekhyun. Anticipating my presence as always, not too early and likewise not too late. I scatter away from beside my friends, hurrying up to where my car was parked. "Yah! Jung-Ah! Don't forget to ask your Mom about my party, okay!" says Ha Joon, hollering with all her might.

I whip back waving at her for a positive yes before slipping inside my car. Baekhyun willingly gets my school bag, placing it on top of his lap. "How was school, Jung-Ah?" I shake my head tiredly, heaving out the biggest sigh of all this month. "Fast forward to summer please." Baekhyun lets out a chuckle, "I'm taking that as an average day at school then."

I lean my head against the window, noticing a lot of things quite differently every day. After a minute or so, the streets drastically change into a new scenery, not the one I usually see every day. I sat straight, looking at Baekhyun. "Hey, is this a new route or something?" "I'm afraid not. We're currently heading to your Mother's workplace as we speak."

My eyes round up, "W-What? Turn back!" I plead. But he shuts his eyes close, letting me know that he has nothing else more to say about the situation, it's either that or he was told not tell." I roughly lean back on my seat, crossing my arms with a spoiled look. "I thought you of all people would understand how much I hate having to deal with my Mother's work, Baekhyun."

"I don't have any other choice, Jung-Ah. If I were to disobey her orders of bringing you to her, then I'm afraid it'll be easy for your Mother to choose someone even worthy to handle you." He solemnly said. "What's there to be afraid of, Baekhyun? You have been serving this family ever since I was five. There's no way my Father would allow you to be replaced. You're the most loyal of all servants in the household. It'll be a huge mess if you were gone one day!"

I watch him form a grin, "Thank you for that message, Jung-Ah. I am quite lucky to have been assigned to take care of you. Just seeing you grow up into a woman day by day brings me a lot of joy." And just like that. Baekhyun quickly copes up with my selfish attitude towards my Mother. I don't know how he does it, but I'm glad he's very understanding about it.

...

Seo Head Office. Afternoon.

"She's here, ma'am." I pass by Mom's secretary, freely taking place on the couch. Mother seemed quite busy with an important phone call, so right about now I'm wondering what she has me visiting here for. Finally, after five minutes, she hangs up. She stands from the chair and lands a soft peck on top of my head. "How was school, dear?"

I promptly sat with great posture, "Same as always, Mom." "That's great, dear. I'm really happy that you're having no problems whatsoever at school." She then takes a mild sip on her lukewarm tea, making me twice as hungry as when I got here. I shift my short attention to the wall clock and back to her. "Anyway, I heard from Baekhyun that you needed me here for something."

Her eyes spark with elation, "That's right. Well, I've been thinking. You're almost going to have your eighteenth birthday soon, and right now, I feel that it's the perfect opportunity for me to teach you a thing or two about my business. Don't you find it so fascinating? Just the two of us, bonding and spending time with each other." Mom softly handles my hand with hers, almost looking more younger than what I feel.

"Uhm, that's really swell, Mom. But don't you think I should focus on finishing college first? I don't mean to sound so offensive, but I hope you don't forget about what I discussed about before.." Mom's smile slowly disappears into thin air. I knew I shouldn't bring up the topic, but I really had no choice since she's doing it again; choosing my future.

"Look, Mom. I understand that it's your dream for me to inherit this company of yours. But I need to choose what I want for myself too. It's not that I don't love the work you're doing right now, it's just that, I feel that there's more for me to do in my life." I felt a small burst of excitement stuck in between my words, sounding off to an exaggerated tone of voice rather than a cool tone.

In the end, Mother reveals a small curve of her lips down. "I was afraid that you'll say that. But what am I to do, dear? You have yet to decide what you even want to do in the future. It's not for my sake and happiness, but for your sake. If you don't take initiative in what you want now, how will I keep my sanity at bay knowing that my daughter is still choosing her own path. You understand, right?"

I face the other way, waiting till Mother catches all her tears with a tissue. "I understand. Just please, stop crying, okay? Whatever it is you planned today, I'll go ahead and do it, okay?" I take a peek at my Mom's face, soon realizing that she had fooled me again with her fake tears. "Okay! That's the motivation I want to hear from you. Well then, let's go have a brief rundown of things before we grab some quick food. Sounds good?" "Yeah."

...

Park Residences. Evening.

As Mother and I arrive inside the household, we find Father and Jongwon by the living room, Jongwon all snuggled up to Father as he watches his favourite cartoon; Spongebob. "We're home, dear." said Mother, kissing both Father and Jongwon's forehead all together. "Mommy! Mommy! Look, Spongebob!" yells Jongwon with his very excited voice.

Mother can't help but pinch his big round cheeks. "That's nice, sweety. Have you eaten dinner?" "No, mommy. Daddy and I were waiting for you and Noona to come back home." Jongwon, in such a young age of seven, has a big range of knowledge. Not only does he take Father's puffy cheeks, he also takes form his personality; a warm and charming personality.

Aside from the rest of my parents and Baekhyun whom I love, it's only Jongwon who I love the most. At times when I feel like my world is being torn apart by littlest things, it was him who embraces me, cheering me up with his silly ways. He's seven years old, and yet, I feel embarrassed to call myself his older sister, because for me, he is way more mature than me.

"Well, since both of you are back. Let's say we have dinner, hmm?" asked Father, arising from the magnificent couch to land a kiss on my forehead. "Alright. Then I'll ask the maids to prepare the dinner table for us."

During dinner, we talked about a lot of things, most are related to Mother's sales and Father's new business trip in the near future. And some, well, they're the same as what we always talk about during dinner time. It wasn't that I hate communicating with my parents, but seeing their dedication into having the both of us become their heirs makes me die a little inside.

I stare out the tall glass window, reaching almost the very top of the dining room's roof. There I pour all my inconvenient emotions, hoping that one day, when I wake up, I'll be the daughter they've always wanted in me. But for now, before I do take that slumber, I hope that something interesting would happen to my life soon..

--

A/N : HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY TO ME! *^^*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 224 25
Chaeyoung living in a dream where she finally tickles the ivories, strum a guitar, play with a melody all day long. That kind of freedom is Park Chae...
3.4K 554 41
"We're brothers like that. And to think that I almost compromised our relationship, makes me want to cry out in despair. I just want to hug him again...
160K 4.4K 58
[YOU ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER] [KANG SEULGI X READER] (Just letting you know,It's like a Korean drama view.The videos or photos I'm using in the chapt...
90.6K 2.2K 37
Kim JiEun, who is the only daughter of the only millionaire in Seoul, Kim SuRo, decided to run away from Seoul when she turned 17. she was treated b...