Drowning

Door lrhloml

"For the longest time, I've felt as though I'm drowning." (boxer!harry) *smut warning* Meer

One;
Two;
Three;
Four;
Five;
Six;
Seven;
Eight;
Nine;
Ten;
Eleven;
Twelve;
Thirteen;
Fourteen;
Fifteen;
Sixteen;
Seventeen;
Eighteen;
Nineteen;
Twenty;
Twenty One;
Twenty Two;
Twenty Three;
Twenty Four;
Twenty Five;
Twenty Six;
Twenty Seven;
Twenty Eight;
Twenty Nine;
Thirty;
Thirty One;
Thirty Two;
Thirty Three;
Thirty Four;
Thirty Five;
Thirty Six;
Thirty Seven;
Thirty Eight;
Thirty Nine;
Forty;
Forty One;
Forty Two;
Forty Three;
Forty Five;
Forty Six;
Forty Seven;
Forty Eight;
Forty Nine;
Fifty;
Fifty One;
Fifty Two;
Fifty Three;
Fifty Four;
Fifty Five;
Fifty Six;
Fifty Seven;
Fifty Eight;
Fifty Nine;
Sixty;
Sixty One;
Sixty Two;
Sixty Three;
Sixty Four;
Sixty Five;
Sixty Six; Epilogue
Little Author's Note
(shameful) plug

Forty Four;

1.6K 37 10
Door lrhloml

I dropped Zahara to the hospital; her nerves filling the car as we hit, what seemed like, every single red light in London. Red lights always seemed to hit when you least needed them; possessive no sense of urgency whatsoever at the worst of times.
She had been there for a little over an hour now, but I was yet to hear from her. The service in hospitals was terrible, so she wouldn't be able to contact me even if she wanted to. I was, admittedly, a little nervous for her. She hadn't seen her sister in a while and I wasn't certain how things were left between them. Besides, the whole birth thing seemed daunting in itself, and I knew Zahara well enough to know that witnessing birth was never a part of her plan.

I also hadn't heard from Luke yet, though with any luck, he getting a well-deserved apology from Lauren. So, with not much else to do, I decided to flick on the news. But, as I did so, my phone buzzed by my side, signalling a notification. Curious, I picked the phone up.

Gina:

Hey, Harry. It's G. Can we talk?

My heart began to race. Gina? Fucking Gina? If I was being entirely honest, I regularly forgot about her existence. It was as though, in my mind, we never once knew one another- which, admittedly, was somewhat cruel of me and showed the extent in which I used her, but still. My point is, I forgot that she existed, again.

What could she possibly want with me? Why would she want to talk? My mind began to reel; possibility after possibility clouding every single inch of my mind. Pregnant? No, she would've known by now, given that she'd be close to birthing it. STD? My last check was clear. Possible terminal illness? Surely not- but if so, why confide in me?

Instead of allowing my mind to freestyle different, alarming scenarios, I decided in responding to her perplexing message with a simple, casual, 'what's up?'.

The moments it took her to respond felt like forever. I found myself biting my nails and twiddling my thumbs as I anxiously awaited her explanation. My mind naturally created countless more ideas as to what she could want, but none of which felt right, or suitable.

Gina:

This isn't easy for me to say on text. I just don't know what to do. It's easier to text than to talk though. But I've just found out that the guy I've been seeing for the last couple of months is Zahara's sister's partner. Daniel? I'm sure you're aware of who he is. Anyway, I've just found out that he's married with a baby on the way. I don't have much luck with men so it seems, but it sounds as though Zahara's sister has even less luck. His phone kept buzzing with missed calls. He eventually broke down and told me after an argument. I just don't know who else to talk to, to get ahold of Zahara or her sister. I'm so sorry to spring this on you, I am aware of how incredibly awkward and weird this will feel for you. Just know I had no idea he was a married man. If I had known, I never would've done all of this. Again, really sorry to spring this on you. I just feel like I should talk to his wife. Hope you're recovering well & that this doesn't add too much stress. X

If my heart was racing before, it had sped up considerably by now. My palms were sweating as I reread the message, over and over again. I sat still for moments, trying to piece together what the fuck I had just read, in spite of Gina being detailed and thorough in her explanation.

It wasn't that this was beyond expectations of Daniel. It wasn't that this came as a huge shock- but also, it did. It was Gina. And Salma was in hospital giving birth to Daniel's child. Bewilderment consumed me as the question of 'how the fuck can you do that to your pregnant wife and unborn child?' ran over and over again in my mind until my already-racing heart was pumping 10 beats extra in order to accommodate all of the rage I felt within me.

I should've asked if Gina was okay, if she needed to talk for a bit. But instead, with my anger fuelling me, I asked 'where is he now?'.

-

Being back in a hospital was the last place I felt like being. Even dropping Zahara here earlier today felt like too much. But, needs must.

I received many dirty looks upon arrival. Looks that said 'this boxer just can't keep himself out of trouble, can he?'. But I ignored them all and continued on my mission, until finding exactly where I- we, needed to be.

"I'm looking for Salma Barton-Prifti?" I say to a midwife at the desk. Her eyes filled with confusion, judgement, and perhaps fear, as she looked at me. Us.

"And you are?" the young midwife asks.

"She won't be under Barton-Prifti." Daniel, my little companion for my trip, chimes in.

"Shut the fuck up, Daniel." I seethe. I had dragged him aggressively by the arm through corridors and up stairs, and whenever he made a stupid remark (which, being Daniel, was often), I made sure to dig my nails into his skin as hard as humanly possible. He winced.

"Sir, this is no place for violence. I'm going to have to ask you both to leave." the midwife, name-badge reading 'Scarlett', says.

"Look, Scarlett. This is a daddy-to-be! Or, maybe he's already a daddy by now. I don't know. Anyway, he's already failed in being a good father and husband. But as you can probably tell, he's very eager to change that. Aren't you, Danny?" I explain, cooing the last part at Daniel and making sure to squeeze his arm tighter again. The midwife looked concerned. "I'll leave, there'll be no trouble. Promise. I'm not here to cause trouble. I understand this is a special place for happy memories. Just make sure this cheating piece of shit- oops, sorry, I won't swear again- don't want the babies hearing, stays by Salma, his wife's, side. Can you do that for me, Scarlett?"

"What's going on here?" another midwife, an older one, chimes in.

"I think we need to call security," Scarlett says quietly to the other lady. Daniel groans in frustration.

"No need for that," I interject. "Just make sure this man goes and witnesses the birth of his child and makes sure his wife is healthy before he leaves, okay? It's the very least he could do, and will probably be the last thing he ever has to do for either of them." I say.

"What, you're gonna kill me?" Daniel scoffs, shaking his head.

"Unfortunately not. Though, I wish that I could, I actually want a future with my fiancée, unlike you. And that future doesn't involve prison. Yours, however, involves a whole lot of sadness, loneliness, emptiness and disgrace. You will rot, all alone; your mind plagued by your irreversible mistakes."

"She'll forgive me. Stop embarrassing yourself." Daniel snickers.

"It always astounds me how brain dead you are, Daniel. How cocky you are for such a poor, excuse of a man," I say.

"Right, I'm calling security." the older midwife- who's name I read to be 'Catherine'- says.

Before I could protest, I saw the face that always made everything feel better.

"Harry? What're you doing here?" Zahara asks breathlessly, rushing over to where I stood, with Daniel. "You're with Daniel?"

"He's come to witness the birth of his baby." I inform her.

"Well, then he's half hour too late," Zahara says, unable to stop the beam from coating her delicate features.

"What?" I gasp. "She's had the baby?" I ask. "Is she okay? Is the baby okay?"

"They're both perfect." Zahara gushes.

"Right. Looks I don't need to be here then." Daniel says.

"Oh, no. You're staying." Catherine says sternly. "You go in there and you apologise for not being there. It won't mean anything to her but you do it anyway. You go and look at your beautiful daughter, who by the way, I just delivered, and tell her that you're sorry you never matured past the age of 8. Look at her and just hope to god she'll become even half of the woman your wife is. To be half as independent, strong, and powerful. And know that when she does grow up to be that way, that she got none of that from you."

We all stood in shock as Catherine just continued talking. It felt as though it wasn't just Daniel she was speaking to, but years worth of Daniel's she'd witnessed, too.

"What's going on?" Zahara asks me, looking somewhat confused but mainly full of dread; the dread of knowing exactly what was going on.

"Go and see Salma. Now." I instruct, shoving Daniel into the direction of her room. With the help of Catherine, Daniel was escorted into Salma's suite.

"Cheating piece of shit," I say in a low-tone.

"W-what? How do you know?"

"I got a text from Gina-"

"From Gina?" Zahara repeats.

"I know," I sigh. "Here, read the message." I say, handing her my phone.

I placed my hand on the small of her back, rubbing gentle circles, as she read the message. I could hear her breathing change.

"He- he shouldn't be in there." Zahara says, her voice cracking as tears brimmed her eyes. "He shouldn't be anywhere near Salma or the baby- he should be writhing in a fucking parking lot somewhere! Harry, why didn't you hurt him? Why? You've always wanted to hurt him! Why didn't you do it? Why couldn't you have just hurt him instead of bringing him here? He doesn't deserve to meet his baby. He doesn't deserve to see Salma-"

"Hey, baby. I know. I know I should've hurt him. Believe me, I want to. So badly. But he needs to see them. It's the birth of his child. We just got here a little too late."

"But he doesn't deserve to witness that, Harry!" Zahara cries, her voice raising ever so slightly.

"No, but it's the least he could do for Salma. For the baby. And with any luck, the moment he lays eyes on his child, he'll realise what he's done and he'll spend the rest of his life in pain, living with knowing what he did."

"I don't want him here." she whimpers.

"I know, Zar. But he needed to be here. It was the right thing for him to do." I say, my hand no longer on her back, but on her cheek, stroking softly there.

"He missed out." Zahara says. "It was magical. Disgusting, scary, and horrifying, but magical, nonetheless." she tells me, a small smile tugging at her lips. I couldn't help but smile back at her.

"Yeah? Is Salma okay?"

"She's good. She lost a little blood but apparently that's normal." Zahara sighs. "I'm still a little shaky, to be honest. It all happened so fast. But she's so perfect, Harry. She has the tiniest little nose and full lips- and you won't even believe how much hair she has! It's so thick and black, too. Just like mine and Sam's as babies. She's a healthy weight, as well. 7lb5. Oh, she's just so perfect. I can't believe I have a niece!" Zahara gushes, her eyes so full of love and warmth as she spoke of her sister and her the new addition. It was funny, because just hours ago that same face wore dread over the whole scenario. But now, it couldn't be further from that.

"I'm glad they're both healthy, baby." I smile. "I'm very proud of you for being here for Salma, and witnessing a birth. That must've been quite scary,"

"It was scary in the moment, but now it's just like, exhilarating, somehow." she beams. "Maybe I should become a midwife." she teases.

"Alright, alright. Don't get too ahead of yourself," I joke. "Has Salma chosen a name yet?" I ask.

"She has," she nods.

"What is it?"

"Maya Zahara." Zahara states proudly. I choke on the air for a moment. 

"You got a dedication?" I gasp.

"She said that she was probably just high on all of the drugs, but that it seemed best fitting. It was going to be Maya Ellie, Ellie being Daniel's grandmothers name, but she said it didn't feel right. She even told me that she hopes Maya will be as strong as I am. I know it was just the drugs talking; she doesn't actually like me. But still. The sentiment. I cried."

"That's beautiful, baby. All of it. It sounds really amazing for the both of you. I'm so proud of you for being here. I think Salma will appreciate that even more than she'll ever let on."

"How was Gina?" Zahara asks, concern now evident in her tone.

"Meh. Dunno, really. Shocked and upset, I guess. Didn't really talk to her. I'm sure she'll overcome it. It's not like Daniel's a big catch."

"Still, though. Can't be easy," Zahara sighs. "I just don't know what to do about Salma. Will he tell her? Do I? It's just so hard,"

"I think she probably already knows deep down," I say.

"What will she do? How will she raise a baby by herself?"

"You'll be there. Your parents will be there. Heck, I can be there. She'll have a support bubble. The baby will know love and only love. I promise."

"Pinky promise?" she says softly, holding up her little finger.

"Pinky promise." I repeat, looping my little finger around hers.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.1K 41 9
Larry one shots. Is there anything more to say? Some of these are older, so my writing sucks. I mean it sucks normally as well, but in some of those...
26.8K 876 34
Sometimes you can't let go of what is making you sad because it is the only thing making you happy. โœจ WARNINGS: PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABUSE, MENTIONS OF...
13.4K 188 20
(แดษด สœแดสŸแด…) ๊œฑษชแด„แด‹๊œฐษชแด„๊œฑ/สœแดœส€แด›๊œฐษชแด„๊œฑ แด€ส™แดแดœแด› สœแด€ส€ส€ส :) โ€–โ€–โ€– **ษช แด…แด ษดแดแด› แด€แด„แด„แด‡แด˜แด› ส€แด‡Qแดœแด‡๊œฑแด›๊œฑ แด›สœแด€แด› ษชษดแด„สŸแดœแด…แด‡ ส/ษด แดส€ ๊œฑแดแดœแด›!
24.7K 754 55
gruesome parts like: self-harm, drug use, abuse, suicidal content. please read the non-triggering parts if easily triggered. COMPLETED all rights g...