To Love in Full

By AnneAshAuthor

The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a trag... More

Author's Note: Scripturient
Character and Story Mood Boards
Dedication
Epigraph
Chapter 1: Duende
Chapter 2: Appetence
Chapter 3: Dépaysement
Chapter 4: Hiraeth
Chapter 5: Sanguine
Chapter 6: Peripeteia
Chapter 7: Aplomb
Chapter 8: Nepenthe
Chapter 9: Mulligrubs
Chapter 10: Nefarious
Chapter 11: Inure
Chapter 12: Oniochalasia
Chapter 13: Balter
Chapter 14: Euphoria
Chapter 15: Mamihlapinatapai
Chapter 16: Sankofa
Chapter 17: Ambivalence
Chapter 18: Nemesism
Chapter 19: Metanoia
Chapter 20: Palinoia
Chapter 21: Resfeber
Chapter 22: Natsukashii
Chapter 23: Sobremesa
Chapter 24: Weiji
Chapter 25: Gibigianna
Chapter 26: Cromulent Part: 1
Chapter 27: Cromulent Part: 2
Chapter 28: Phthartic Part: 1
Chapter 29: Phthartic Part: 2
Chapter 30: Cynosure
Chapter 31: Ohana
Chapter 32: Arcadian
Chapter 33: Aeipathy
Chapter 34: Meliorism
Chapter 35: Capernoited Part: 1
Chapter 36: Capernoited Part: 2
Chapter 37: Smultronstalle
Chapter 38: Gotong-royong Part: 1
Chapter 39: Gotong-royong Part: 2
Chapter 40: Forelsket
Chapter 42: Soigne
Chapter 43: Torpe
Chapter 44: Epiphany
Chapter 45: Saudade
Chapter 46: Apricity
Chapter 47: Ya'aburnee
Chapter 48: Ukiyo: Part 1
Chapter 49: Ukiyo: Part 2
Chapter 50: Fanaa: Part 1
Chapter 51: Fanaa: Part 2
Chapter 52: Piggesnye
Chapter 53: Novaturient
The End

Chapter 41: Aspectabund

5.9K 89 24
By AnneAshAuthor

Aspectabund (adj.) Letting or being able to let expressive emotion show easily through one's face and eyes.

Arabella's P.O.V.

Hot steam drifted towards my face as I held out my palm to feel the warm water patter against my skin. I began to remove my clothes for the shower Nicolo had started for me, but a light knock sounded at the door as I slipped off my sweater.

"I brought you towels," he said as I slightly opened the door.

"Thank you," I said softly as I opened the door wider.

I reached out for the towels and quickly held them against my waist to hide the injuries that formed on my body. I began to close the door, but winced in pain when I applied pressure against the bruises. I stumbled back when Nicolo pushed the door open against me and shivered when my bare skin met the coldness of the counter.

I wrapped my arms around my body as I was starting to feel self conscious while Nicolo stared at me blankly. My skin began to rise with small bumps as my underwear was the only fabric keeping his observant eyes from seeing me naked, exposed, and vulnerable.

I looked away from him and gazed at the floor while we stood there in silence. My cheeks began to redden as I could feel the uneasy tension between us. He remained silent while he searched for the right words to say in his clouded mind, but he seemed troubled.

"May I see?" he asked as he gazed at my body with concern, finally breaking the silence between us. I looked up at him, our eyes meeting, and I watched as he swallowed his angst while he clenched his jaw and held his breath.

I slowly brought my arms away from my waist and placed the towels on the counter. His eyes widened at the purple and blue marks on my skin as he took a step closer to me.

"Cazzo, Arabella. I'm so fucking sorry," he whispered as he brought his fingertips to my waist.

"Your ribs are bruised," he said softly as he looked down at me.

"I know," I said, my voice slightly cracking as I held back my tears. My eyes trailed back down to the floor as I couldn't stand to look at my own skin. The bruise was a dreadful reminder of what Romano did to me and what I have done to him. I let him get away. The blood on my hands and arms stained me with grief as I stood here alive and breathing, while the men that I shot were dead. I am angry at myself for being weak, for becoming a liability; I felt disgusted with my own body.

"Arabella..." Nicolo whispered as he brought his finger under my chin.

"...please, do not feel ashamed," he said. His gaze was gentle and kind as he stared into my eyes, completely melting me under his touch.

"Don't hide yourself from me..." he said as he caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"...come sei bella," he whispered as I didn't quite fully understand.

A sad smile came across my face and I placed my palm over his fingers as I brought his hand back down. He gave me a slight nod and pressed his lips into a line before leaving me to wash off in the shower.

I believe a few minutes had gone by since Nicolo left, but I was starting to lose track of time as all I could focus on were the droplets of water collecting the dried blood as it streamed down my body. The sound of the bathroom door opening caught my attention as I stared at a blurry figure through the translucent frosted shower glass.

"Nicolo?" I called out as I turned off the water.

"I brought your clothes," he said as I slightly opened the shower door and peeked through.

"Thank you," I said.

He smiled at me sheepishly as he held out his arms to show me the clothes that he gathered in his hands. I smiled and nodded as I waited for him to set the clothes down, but he continued to stare at me.

"Turn around?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Yes, sorry," he mumbled as he placed my clothes on the counter and turned towards the wall.

I stepped out of the shower and grabbed the towel off of the hook as I began to dry myself. I watched Nicolo's back attentively while I clothed my naked body, making sure he didn't turn around.

"I also got you some medicine," he said and I smiled as it seemed like he was talking to the wall.

My smile began to fade away as my eyes looked down at his forearm and saw splatters of dried blood on his skin. I slowly reached for his hand and slightly stepped back as I saw him flinch against my touch. He turned around and gave me a confused look while I looked up at him sadly.

"You still have blood on yourself," I said softly as I held his hand and guided him towards the sink.

I grabbed a clean hand-towel and soaked it in water before lightly dabbing it against his skin. I patted the towel against his cheek to wipe off the dried blood, but he stopped me once he placed his hand over my wrist. His longing eyes were filled with desire as he continued to stare at me, as if he was looking into my soul; a soul that he wanted to claim.

He brought my hand down and I dropped the towel onto the counter as I anxiously watched him. The sound of my heart beating filled my ears, but we stood in silence as he began to interlace his fingers with mine. His thumb rubbed circles on the back of my hand as his grip became tighter; he looked at me and searched my eyes for any signs of uneasiness, but I wanted more from him.

He began to lean in closer and I closed my eyes as our faces were inches away from each other. I felt his hot breath against my lips and I held his hand tighter, hoping to tell him to close the gap between us. I wanted to feel him, I needed him to kiss me, I-.

"Nico!" Emersyn called out from the bedroom door.

I gasped and stood back down on the heels of my foot as I was standing on the tips of my toes, waiting to feel Nicolo's lips against my own. Nicolo refused to let me go as he let his hands rest on my hips to pull me closer to him. I laughed as he placed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes while he let out a frustrated sigh.

"We should probably answer the door," I whispered as I placed my hands onto his chest and lightly pushed him away.

He looked up at me with a slight pout to his face and suddenly grabbed my fingers as he brought them towards his lips, kissing the back of my hand. I followed him towards the door with a reddened face as I could still feel his affectionate kiss against my hand.

"Here's the ice for Arabella, and the maids are here to clean," Emersyn said as she looked at me with sympathy.

"Thank you, mamma," Nicolo said as he guided me out the room to let the maids in.

"You'll be sleeping in my bedroom tonight," he said to me as we began to walk down the hallway. I happily followed him to his room, but I stopped in my tracks as my imagination brought forward a frightening sight.

"Nicolo," I gasped out in fear as I stumbled back into him, but he held my hand to keep me steady.

My eyes widened at the two men who stood in front of me. I had shot them, I thought to myself as I tried to recall my memories from earlier. Their wounds leaked of blood when I last saw them in the warehouse, but now they stand before me with stitches and bandages across their injuries. They took a step towards us, but Nicolo stood in front of me to keep them from coming closer.

"V-volevamo solo dire grazie," a man stuttered as he looked at Nicolo (We just wanted to say thank you).

"Hai salvato le nostre vite," the other guard said as he looked at me (You saved our lives).

The man nodded and pressed his lips into a line before leaving us. Their footsteps faded throughout the hallway as they began to make their way downstairs, but I looked up to find Manny walking towards us.

"Nico, we've questioned them and they know nothing about the mole. They don't want to work for Romano anymore, so they'll be on their own," Manny said as he looked at Nicolo.

"Keep tabs on them for the next few months. If they're true to their words, then we can use men like them to gather more information about Romano," Nicolo said sternly.

Manny nodded his head and I watched as his eyes trailed down Nicolo's face and towards our hands that were still interlocked together. He looked up at me and his eyes brightened as he grinned.

"I see you've gotten better, Bella," Manny said with a smirk.

"I'm fine, Manny. Just a bruise," I said as I quickly let go of Nicolo's hand and crossed my arms over my chest.

Manny wiggled his brows at Nicolo before walking down the hallway to follow the men down the stairs. Nicolo sighed and placed his hand on my back as we began to walk towards his bedroom.

"We'll have to apply some ice on your ribs," Nicolo said as he gestured me to sit on the bed.

I slowly lifted up my shirt to expose my bruises and bit my lip as Nicolo sat down beside me. He looked at me for approval before bringing the ice pack to my body and I nodded my head. I suddenly flinched once the coldness from the ice met my skin and I gripped his bicep as I tried to pull his arm away.

"Am I hurting you?" he asked worriedly as his eyes widened with panic.

"No, I'm sorry, it's just very cold," I chuckled as he continued to glare at me. I smiled sheepishly at him, but he sighed and shook his head.

"Here, hold it yourself," he said as he handed me the ice pack and walked towards his bathroom.

The ice pack began to melt in my hands as I held it against my body for a few minutes. Nicolo had started his shower not too long ago as I continued to sit on his bed. My eyes began to feel heavy as my mind drifted away from the cold ice and to the comforts of the warm silk sheets beneath me. I placed the pack onto the dresser and crawled into bed as I let my body sink into the firm mattress.

"Buona notte, Arabella," I heard whispered into my ear before I let sleep overtake me (Good night).

Author's Note:

Hello People,

This was a cute filler chapter, but I promise they'll have their first kiss eventually... some day!

What do you guys think?

-Love, A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 58.7K 81
Mia Fiore has been running from dangerous men for half her life. Now that she's focused on a fashion career and finally reuniting with her brother, i...
582K 8.8K 40
''I hate the way I'm a slut for you'' Him? A heartless member of the Italian mafia known for loving attention from women. Rumored to have never slept...
80.9K 1.2K 52
The ordinary and innocent life of Arabella Aetos takes a startling turn as she uncovers the truth about her past and is unveiled as the secret daught...
5.3M 30.9K 7
[ PREVIEW ONLY ] He's a criminal. She's hasn't broken a rule in her life. He's Italian. She's American. He's mean. She's nice. He's like coffee, dark...