𝗶𝗱𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘆𝗲𝘁 ♡ dotae

By laviverse

❝how can you miss someone you've never met?❞ ╰┈➤ idk you yet, alexander ¹²³ taeyong needed someone. so, he... More

« one »
« two »
« four »
« five »
« six »
« seven »
« eight »
« nine »
« ten »
« eleven »
« twelve »

« three »

186 18 16
By laviverse

When Taeyong told himself that Doyoung was going to be his imaginary friend, he was telling himself a lie. At first, he'd have small dreams or scenes play on his head, where he and Doyoung would do fun things together. However, after some time, he noticed how the things he dreamt of weren't things normal friends did with each other.

Since when was carrying one another bridal style a friendly gesture? How about the back hugs where Doyoung cradled his waist? Let's not get started on the never-ending dreams he had of Doyoung peppering him with kisses. After imagining something so harmless, Taeyong's heart would beat loudly as he felt his cheeks flush rosy-red. All his senses would tingle as the warm thought of Doyoung kissing him invaded his mind.

Taeyong wasn't dumb. He knew that he managed to fall in love with a non-existent being, and he hated it.

"For once I wish I was clueless about my feelings. This is so stupid. Taeyong, how the fuck did you fall in love with Doyoung in less than a month?" he scolded himself.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

After arriving home from university, he decided to hop in the shower before settling down on his bed, texting Johnny and Taeil in their group chat. It was mainly the older two bickerings, but Taeyong didn't mind as he giggled at their messages. The duvet kept him warm as he coiled it around himself, covering his whole body, only his arms and head stuck out. Later on, he received a private text, which he quickly checked out.

"Goddamn it, I have to get ready for work," mumbled Taeyong to himself. He texted his friends that he was leaving and got out of his warm duvet cocoon, feeling cold straight after. He stood in front of his closet, picking what to wear.

After missing work once again, Taeyong had to work a little later than the rest. He groaned as he re-read the text and got ready to leave for his job at the local bookstore. Despite most people using their phones, it surprised Taeyong to see how many people still entered the store to buy books along with stationery, magazines, or albums from the back. Despite disliking the need to interact with other people, the job was enjoyable since most customers were polite and sometimes conversed with him.

Autumn air bit at his skin and nipped at his clothes as he walked along the barren streets. His hair danced in the wind. Clutching onto his side bag, he headed into the bookstore, where the warmth of the store greeted him. Taking off his trench coat, he placed it behind the chair at the till and fixed his turtleneck before helping out customers and scanning items they bought.

Although Taeyong's mom and dad had money and were willing to pay for Taeyong's apartment or any necessities, the male decided to at least work a bit instead of leaving everything to them. Besides, it was a way of communicating and developing socializing skills, so he didn't mind working. Taeyong sat at the front desk with a new novel he found as he read through it. Not many customers arrived that day, which gave Taeyong some time to think about Doyoung.

"If Doyoung were real, he'd joke around and entertain me so I wouldn't be lonely."

Suddenly, an idea came to mind as he quickly pulled out his new notebook and a pen. He left the first page blank to draw something and started writing on the second page. As he wrote in the third person, the scenario he was writing about played in his mind like a movie.

.

──────

Scenario #1: The Bookstore

"Tyongie~ when are you done with work?" whined Doyoung as he looked at the focused male, who was placing a new batch of books on their shelves.

"Almost done. Just sit and wait," replied Taeyong as he tried putting away the last book on the top shelf.

Doyoung giggled as he walked over to the struggling male, his hands in his pockets. "Can't reach, shorty?"

"Hey! I'm not that short," huffed Taeyong as he went on his tiptoe. "You're just tall."

"Well, to me, you are short, tiny and very adorable," Doyoung commented, making the latter blush.

"I still can't do it. I'll go grab the ladder-"

"Let me do it for you." He took the book from the elder and leaned forward to put it away, his body pressed against Taeyong's. The latter turned to face him.

"Thank you."

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" asked Doyoung before wrapping his arms around Taeyong's waist, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. He looked Taeyong in the eye.

"My angel."

──────

.

A gentle knock at the desk snapped Taeyong out of his writing trance as he faced the young customer. She had a cute face and her hair was in a ponytail with a ribbon added. She passed Taeyong a bunny smile as she placed the books at the till.

"I'm sorry, did I keep you waiting for long?" asked Taeyong as he started scanning the books.

"No, don't worry. I saw how happy and focused you were, so I decided not to disturb you and let you finish," the girl replied. "What were you writing? If you don't mind me asking."

"It's just this scene I thought of in my head about a friend," answered Taeyong with a soft smile.

"Do you like this friend, by any chance?" she queried.

"Even if I did like him, it's not like we could be together," sadly revealed Taeyong. "He isn't even real."

"Oh, it's an imaginary friend?" She received a nod.

"You probably think I'm crazy. A grown man, having an imaginary friend..."

"No, I think that's completely fine," the girl said. "Some people don't feel content with their friends in real life since they lack in things you want. That's why people have imaginary friends, who have the qualities you want and are ideal for you."

"Well, isn't it weird to like and miss someone who isn't real?"

"Even if it seems weird or ludicrous, it isn't. When your imaginary friend is ideally suited to your taste, you start developing a relationship with them since they understand you, and over time you can't help but fall in love."

"You seem to know quite a lot," commented Taeyong. He never expected a girl who looked around 16 to be able to explain such things.

"My older brother is like that. He has an imaginary friend, and like you, he's in love with him. He said that he wants to try and see if he can find this person in real life."

"Well, tell him I said good luck. Here are your books," said Taeyong as he handed her the bag, receiving a thank you. "It was nice speaking to you."

"My name's Kim Sora. It was nice speaking to you too, Taeyong Oppa," she responded as she read his name on his name tag. "Have a good night!"

With that, Sora left, and Taeyong was left to think about their conversation as he was ready to return home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 15.7K 29
✧"You don't want them to hear us,do you?."✧ Jisung works at McDonalds and lives in his own house,spending every night of his young life in front of h...
24.5K 645 21
In which, Mark has a wet dream about his best friend, Donghyuck, and struggles to cope with his newly developed feelings. *Please be warned, there ar...
117K 5.3K 40
┊fetus writing┊ ↬ kim sassy taehyung has to live with his father at their family friend's place due to unexpected problems ☕︎ ┊ ✎ a taekook fanfi...
19.6K 1.1K 29
"as soon as we made eye contact, I somehow felt the connection" - [𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗛𝗢] I thought you loved me, but I guess you're just like everyone else. a...