Claws and Talons [Kyo Sohma]

By CrystalDove27

Ami was a part of the Sohma family because of her mother but her mother never liked her family and left home... More

Characters
The Dove's story
Chapter 1 - See You After School
Chapter 2 - They're All Animals
Chapter 3 - Let's Play Rich Man-Poor Man!
Chapter 4 - What Year Is She?
Chapter 5 - I've Been Fooling Myself
Chapter 6 - Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over
Chapter 7 - Spring Comes
Chapter 8 - See You When You Get Back
Chapter 9 - Yuki Was My First Love
Chapter 10 - It's Valentines, After All
Chapter 11 - This Is a Wonderful Inn
Chapter 12 - You Look Like You're Having Fun
Chapter 13 - How Have You Been, My Brother?
Chapter 14 - That's a Secret
Chapter 15 - I Wouldn't Say That
Chapter 16 - She Said Don't Step On Them
Chapter 17 - What's Important Is...
Chapter 18 - I'm So Sorry
Chapter 19 - I Can't Belive You Picked It Up
Chapter 20 - You Look Well...
Chapter 21 - Let's Go Home
Chapter 22 - Summer Will Be Here Soon
Season 2 - New Characters
Chapter 23 - Everything Is Red
Chapter 24 - Eat Somen With Your Friends
Chapter 25 - I Got Dumped
Chapter 26 - Wait For Me, Tororo Soba!
Chapter 27 - Are You Really This Stupid?
Chapter 28 - Let's Start The Watermelon Splitting Contest!
Chapter 30 - My Precious...
Chapter 31 - Fireworks
Chapter 32 - All Mine
Chapter 33 - Parent Teacher Conference
Chapter 34 - How Long Have You Known?
Chapter 35 - You Will, I'm Sure Of It
Chapter 36 - There's Just No Way!
Chapter 37 - This Isn't What I Want
Chapter 38 - Something Like Cinderella!
Chapter 39 - I'm Different Now
Season 3
Chapter 40 - Let's Have A Feast Again
Chapter 41 - That's An Unwavering Truth
Chapter 42 - I Was So Foolish
Chapter 43 - I'm Disappointed In You
Chapter 44 - What's Your Name?
Chapter 45 - I Just Love Her
Chapter 46 - See You Again Soon
Chapter 47 - Epilogue
The End

Chapter 29 - Dog

702 30 2
By CrystalDove27

Word Count :  1516

After a while of waiting everyone else returned. Tohru came back from her walk accompanied by Yuki. So we made the rest of the pancakes so everyone else could enjoy them as well. Everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun. Hatori even joined us, having arrived with Akito. Tohru and I stood next to each other enjoying the food. Tohru wasn't starting off lost in thought.

"Honda-kun?" Hatori calls out.

"Huh?" She snaps out of her thoughts and looks up at Hatori. "Wh- H-Hatori-san?!"

"You were spacing out." I told her.

"What's wrong? Do you have a headache?" He questions, being the doctor he was.

"Oh, no, that's not it! I was just... uh, er... I-I mean, Hatori-san, what brings you here?" Tohru asks.

"I came with Akito yesterday. This is the first chance I had to stop by."

"Oh, you came all the way here..."

"Sorry." Hatori apologises. "I know you came to have fun with everyone. I feel bad leaving you on your own."

"P-Please, you don't have to apologise! I have Kyo-kun and Ami, as well as time to do housework. I'm truly having fun!"

"Speaking of which. Ami." Hatori said, looking at me. I felt a small chill go up my spine. "Akito was asking about you."

"I figured as much." I sigh.

"Oh no! Did I cause problems by staying here with me?!" Tohru panics.

"Tohru! Don't panic, you did nothing wrong!" I told her worriedly.

"Calm down." Kyo mumbles from the couch.

"Thank you very much. I feel so blessed, so please don't worry." Hatori says, patting Tohru on the head. "I'll be leaving now. Kyo, don't leave them alone." he says and heads out. I was scared to see Akito. I normally wasn't scared, nervous sure but never scared. I wonder if I will see Akito on the trip. Would I get in trouble for not visiting? Did something happen when the others went to visit? Out of the corner of my eye I see Tohru walking into the kitchen to do the dishes. Everyone had already headed back to where Akito was staying but us three.

"Hey. Are you okay? You don't look so good." Kyo asks, walks over to me.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking about something." I smile.

Am I making him worry again?

He walks past me and goes looking through the cabinets.

"Kyo! Would you like to go to the beach?" I suggest.

"Huh?"

"We don't have to swim. We can play in the sand."

"And... that would be fun?"

"Yes! I'm sure it will be fun! I'll go ask Tohru if she wants to join." I head over to the kitchen and stick my head in the doorway. "Tohru, Kyo and I were going to head down to the beach. Do you want to join us?"

"Uh... I don't want to intrude."

"What would you be intruding on?"

"N-Never mind! I was going to do some cleaning anyway." She responds.

"Are you sure?"

"Yup."

"Alright, have fun then." I smile

---

We made our way to the beach and Kyo was watching me try and make a sand castle.

"Hey, what... is that?" He asks. I look at the pile of sand.

"It's supposed to be a sand castle."

"It looks like a sand mountain to me." He states.

"I guess. I thought I had mentioned it before that when I made them with my mom they either got destroyed by the waves or they turned out like a sand mountain because neither of us knew how to make one." I told him.

"Well, I never made one before so what do I know?"

"This is your first time building a sand castle?" I asked.

"Well, yeah."

"Then... that would make me your senpai then." I point out.

"Senpai, you really suck at this." Kyo says.

"Ami!" Momiji shouts running over. He jumps and I quickly dodge out of the way of Momiji.

"Sheesh, Momiji, watch where you're going!" Kyo shouts at him.

"Huh? Where's Tohru?" Momiji asks, looking around not seeing her.

"She stayed behind saying she wanted to do some cleaning. I do feel bad for leaving her behind though." I answer.

"I'm hungry." Haru states.

"Yeah." Yuki agrees. Yuki walks over to Kyo and grabs him by the shirt. "You... If you happen to see Akito, you better not lash out like an idiot. I don't care how much you get mocked. I can't have you do anything to send Akito's wrath after her." Yuki told him. I could only guess he was talking about Tohru.

"Why should I hear that coming from you? Don't talk down to me! Who the hell do you think you are? I have my own reasons why I wouldn't do that!" kyo shouts back. I could have sworn that he looked at me for a second but it was so quick I wasn't sure.

"You better."

"I'll kill you!" Kyo shouts.

"Please don't start fighting now." I say.

"Yuki's so cool." Momiji mentions.

"Like hell he is!" Kyo argues.

"Let's just head back to the house so Tohru's no longer alone." I suggested.

---

The next day we spent once more on the beach. I was trying again at making a sand castle and Kyo was over by the water but not going in. This time Tohru had joined us and went looking for seashells for Kisa and everyone else.

"Ami." kyo calls out walking over. In his hand it looked like a hermit crab. "For you."

"A hermit crab! How cute." I smiled, and he placed it on the top of the sand castle.

"It's starting to look better. Still doesn't look like a castle though." Kyo mentions. It was starting to look more like squares and not just a mountain.

"And here I thought it did."

"You don't want to swim? No need to be considerate." Kyo says.

"That's not it. It's more fun with others. Tohru is walking along the beach and if I went swimming we would all be alone. And that's not fun. If we stay together Torhu can join us when she gets back and we can all have fun. Besides, I want to make such a good castle that it shocks everyone."

"That's a large goal to get to."

"But why do you dislike the water so much?" I asked.

"They say it's because the cat spirit doesn't like the water."

"I heard the previous cat didn't like the water, either." Kyo mentions.

That was Master's grandfather.

"Did the previous cat wear the rosary?" I questioned. I wanted to know more.

"Yeah."

"They're unusual beads, aren't they? What are they made from?" I asked. I look at the rosary with its white and red beads.

"Human bone." I freeze at his answer. It was definitely not what I thought the answer was."From some great monk or something. It's supposed to be a really old story. The red ones are lacquered with blood. No idea how much of it is true, but they say it's an amulet that was made by sacrificing the lives of others, at the very least. I thought that was wrong, ever since I was a kid. " I don't know why but I grabbed his wrist with the rosary. He smiles at me. At that moment the sound of a large wave arrived. In a second we were drenched in the water and the sand castle was now a lump of sand again.

"The water's cold! That scared me! I thought we were going to get swept away!" I yell in surprise. Kyo stands up and looks over at the ocean.

"Damn ocean! I'll kill you! Don't mess with me, bastard!" He looked so serious I had to laugh.

"Don't be silly. You have no chance at beating the ocean!" I laughed. He walks over and grabs my face.

"Don't laugh at me." Kyo ordered.

"Okay!"

"Ami, Kyo-kun! I saw the wave appear. Are you okay?" Tohru calls out running over.

"Yeah we're fine. Did you find any shells?"

"Oh no! I dropped them when running over here!" She panics and runs back to where she probably left them.

"Hey, where's your hat and the hermit crab?" Kyo questions. I touch my head and realise he was right. My sun hat was no longer on my head.

"Ah, they're gone. They must have gotten swept away!" I see Kyo walk off and come back with my hat in hand. He places it on my head for me. "Thank you."

---

"Kyo. Thank you for letting me use the bath first." We had gotten back to the house. I took a bath to clean myself of the salt water from when the wave had hit us.

"It's my turn then?" He asks.

"Yes, I believe Tohru said she was going to do the laundry first." I told him.

"Okay." and with that he walks past me waving. I stare at his hand with the bracelet. It must be hard having to wear that bracelet all the time. I wonder how that burden must feel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 290 27
Her name is Mizuki Sohma, the twin sister of Hatsuharu. She isn't a part of the zodiac, but growing up around them has given her a vague idea of thei...
26.2K 686 64
Fruits basket X reader Akitos sibling Your Akitos sibling and you love the zodiacs with all your heart. They love you just as much as the next perso...
41K 1.2K 27
All she wanted was happiness. And he? He hated it and wanted nothing from it. Yuihiso Sohma, an outside family member, and former nursing student. Sh...
96 7 5
"Foxes travel alone right?" 7 years ago, Kitsune and Yuki were Best Friends that could never be separated. But that soon comes to an end when somethi...