Claws and Talons [Kyo Sohma]

By CrystalDove27

Ami was a part of the Sohma family because of her mother but her mother never liked her family and left home... More

Characters
The Dove's story
Chapter 1 - See You After School
Chapter 2 - They're All Animals
Chapter 3 - Let's Play Rich Man-Poor Man!
Chapter 4 - What Year Is She?
Chapter 5 - I've Been Fooling Myself
Chapter 6 - Perhaps We Should Invite Ourselves Over
Chapter 7 - Spring Comes
Chapter 8 - See You When You Get Back
Chapter 9 - Yuki Was My First Love
Chapter 10 - It's Valentines, After All
Chapter 11 - This Is a Wonderful Inn
Chapter 12 - You Look Like You're Having Fun
Chapter 13 - How Have You Been, My Brother?
Chapter 14 - That's a Secret
Chapter 15 - I Wouldn't Say That
Chapter 16 - She Said Don't Step On Them
Chapter 17 - What's Important Is...
Chapter 18 - I'm So Sorry
Chapter 19 - I Can't Belive You Picked It Up
Chapter 20 - You Look Well...
Chapter 21 - Let's Go Home
Chapter 22 - Summer Will Be Here Soon
Season 2 - New Characters
Chapter 23 - Everything Is Red
Chapter 24 - Eat Somen With Your Friends
Chapter 26 - Wait For Me, Tororo Soba!
Chapter 27 - Are You Really This Stupid?
Chapter 28 - Let's Start The Watermelon Splitting Contest!
Chapter 29 - Dog
Chapter 30 - My Precious...
Chapter 31 - Fireworks
Chapter 32 - All Mine
Chapter 33 - Parent Teacher Conference
Chapter 34 - How Long Have You Known?
Chapter 35 - You Will, I'm Sure Of It
Chapter 36 - There's Just No Way!
Chapter 37 - This Isn't What I Want
Chapter 38 - Something Like Cinderella!
Chapter 39 - I'm Different Now
Season 3
Chapter 40 - Let's Have A Feast Again
Chapter 41 - That's An Unwavering Truth
Chapter 42 - I Was So Foolish
Chapter 43 - I'm Disappointed In You
Chapter 44 - What's Your Name?
Chapter 45 - I Just Love Her
Chapter 46 - See You Again Soon
Chapter 47 - Epilogue
The End

Chapter 25 - I Got Dumped

1.2K 25 6
By CrystalDove27

Word Count : 2557

He had once more decided to come over unannounced and he ended up bothering Yuki and accidentally ripped Yuki's shirt. Tohru and I were peeling the peaches that Ayame had brought over for everyone. While we were peeling them Ayame was sewing Yuki's shirt from the damage that was caused.

"I thought a gift of peaches today would be a suitable follow-up to the crab I brought previously. Go on! Savour the flavour while flashing your gratitude upon me!"

"Thank you so much!"

"Peel mine while you're at it." Ayame orders.

"Okay!" Tohru agrees.

"I've told you not to boss Honda-san around like that!" Yuki yells at his brother.

"But what can I do? My fingers will become sticky with peach juice if I peel it myself." Ayame explained.

"Enough of your self-centred-nonsense."

"Aya, worry not. You can eat the peach that I peeled." Shigure flirts.

"Gure-san, how can I accept when my heart is already filled with your love" Ayame flirts back.

"Not this again." I complain.

"I'm going to kick you out!" Yuki shouts.

"Oh, come now, Yuki-kun. Don't you get tired of criticising every little thing?"

"Yes, completely exhausting." He admits.

"I've finished! Go on and try it one." Ayame cheers. He shows Yuki his shirt but on it was now sewn 'Brotherly Love' in an elegant script.

"What the heck did you do to it?" Yuki shouts, as Shigure takes it and starts laughing his head off at it.

"What's this? What's with this embroidery?!" Shigure laughed.

"It's a representation of my solemn oath to never leave Yuki's side."

"You didn't have to embroidery weird words into my clothes!" Yuki tells him.

"Your brother poured his overflowing love into that embroidery, treasure it." Shigure says, stopping his laughing fit.

"Don't give me that when you were laughing your head off seconds ago."

"Not three people exist in the world who can embroider this well given such a brief time. Should you not believe me, come visit my shop someday." Ayame says.

"I'll go."

"Huh?"

"I said.. If it's all right, I'd like to visit your shop... sometime. Maybe I could start to understand you a little better." Yuki repeats.

"Did you hear that, Gure-san?"

"Yeah!"

"Yuki! My brother, Yuki, is tearfully begging to come to my shop."

"I think you're imagining the tearfully begging part." I say.

"There are no tears involved." Yuki confirms.

"Today is the best of all days! Surely none can compare!"

"Hang on!"

"I must share this joyous news at once." He cheers picking up his phone. "Listen to this, Tori-san! Yuki, my brother, Yuki-"

"Cut it out!" Yuki shouts, grabbing the phone from Ayame.

"Yes of course! You are welcome! I would be honoured! You may come as early as this Sunday. Tohru-kun, you must come along as well. A princess must always be by her prince's side." Ayame says, looking at Tohru.

"Huh? What?!"

"That said, it would be perfectly fine if you did not come, Kyonkichi!" Ayame tells him, bursting into his room.

"I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. Get outta here, perv." Kyo shouts getting Ayame out of his room.

"It's decided, so I must make haste to prepare for your arrival! Farewell to all!" He says before running off and out of the house.

"Was I just forgotten?" I ask

"Looks like it." Shigure confirms.

"Sorry Honda-san. You don't have to come if you don't want to."

"Don't worry. If it's no trouble, I'd like to accompany you."

"Of course."

"To tell you the truth I've actually been wanting to check it out for a while. I've been wondering what a shop that sells nurses and maid outfits is like!" Tohru tells him. The look on Yuki's face looked terrified and in shock.

"Yuki, by the look on your face it seems like you didn't know exactly what your brother sells." I told him.

---

Over the weekend, Tohru and Yuki did go visit Ayame's shop. While I wasn't there it seemed like things might slowly be getting better between Yuki and his brother. Now school was in session and we were planning our school trip.

"Tohru, Yuki, Kyo Ami! Oh no! This is bad!" Momiji shouts running into our classroom.

"Things are bad here, too." Uotani says.

"Why's that?"

"We're talking about what our groups should do on the class trip."

"Class trip? Where are you going?" Momiji asks.

"It's not until the fall but the teacher told us that we are going to Kyoto and Nara." I answer.

"The usual."

"Pretty standard."

"Aw, no fair. I wanna go, too." Momiji complains.

"You probably could, but you would have to pay your own way." Hanajima tells him.

"I'll pay my own way!"

"Cut it out!"

"Hey, why are you mad, Kyo?" Momiji asks.

"He's pissed about the members of our group."

"Yuki's in the group, then?" Momiji guesses.

"Not gonna happen! Stop trying to force me to do everything with damn Yuki! Group activities aren't even mandatory!" Kyo shouts.

"True, but it's more fun with you around. That way I can mess with you." Uotani tells him.

"What am I, your toy?" Both Hanajima and Uotani nod to Kyo's question. "I've had it! Screw you guys!"

"Kyo you dummy!" Momiji says waving a duo-tang in Kyo's face. "You should just be happy you get to go on a trip with Ami! I want to go on one with Tohru! I want to eat deer crackers with her!"

"You shouldn't eat those."

"Kyo don't you wanna? Don't you wanna do cool stuff like that with Ami."

"Why do I always get dragged into these fights?" I mumble.

"Idio- Of course I-" He stops yelling and his face goes red.

"Of course you... ?" Hanajima repeats.

"Of course you... ?" Uotani adds.

"Of course you... ?" Momiji finishes.

"Yeah! You guys are always messing with me just like this!"

"It's out of love I tell ya." Uotani teases.

"Well stop!"

"Oh, it's Yuki!"

"Hello, Yuki-kun. Did you have student council duties?" Momiji asks.

"Oh, yeah."

"Thanks for the hard work."

"Momiji, is your homeroom over?" Yuki asks

"Huh?"

"That's right, Momiji-kun. Didn't you come in here running saying something was wrong?"

"Oh yeah! It's bad! Haru's turned Dark and is tearing the classroom apart!"

"Why didn't you tell us that sooner?!"

---

All of us rush over to Momiji's and Haru's class.

"What's happened to Hatsuharu-kun?"

"I dunno. But it looks pretty serious."

"Let me through." Yuki tells them.

"Oh, Sohma-senpai!"

"You shouldn't go in there."

"It's alright. Everybody, including you Sensei, please move away from the classroom." Yuki, Kyo, Tohru, Momiji and I enter the class and see the mess that Haru had made. All the desks were pushed to the wall making a clearing in the centre of the room. Some of the desks were turned over completely or on their sides. Pencils and other school supplies were on the floor, some of the windows were shattered and glass was on the floor. Haru was standing in the middle of the room with his back to us.

"At least he hasn't screwed up and turned into an ox yet. Yo Haru!" Kyo says, walking towards him.

"What?!" Haru yells, he looks at us. He looked mad and upset, it was so clear in his eyes that he had gone dark.

"What are you doing, Haru?"

"I'm blowing off some steam. What does it look like? If you wanna stop me, come at me ready to kill." Haru answers, kicking one of the desks closest to him.

"Hatsuharu-san..."

"What should we do?"

"It's been a while since he's been this Dark." Yuki mentioned.

"What? Is it more serious than the other times he's done this?"

"Something must have really set him off." I guess.

"You better cut the crap, Haru! Your rampaging causes problems for us, too." Kyo tells him.

"Shut it, you stupid cat! Your very existence causes trouble for us all, stupid cat!"

"Huh? Damn brat. Try saying that again!" Kyo shouts.

"Kyo! Please stop the fighting." I say.

"Don't rise to the bait, stupid cat." Yuki mumbles.

"Then you quit standing there and do something!"

"Haru, I don't know what's wrong, but school isn't the place for this." Yuki tells him.

"Always the worry wart, Princess Yuki.Afraid I'll lose control and transform? Then we'll all go down together."

"Yes Haru, that is one of the reasons but there is more to it than that. It's-" I try to talk but he cuts me off.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! So damn stupid! You're all sucky cowards! You'd all feel a lot better if we just told the truth about us!"

"Haru! Please-" I tried to get him to stop but he walked over and grabbed my arm. I panic because if he got any closer to me the Sohma secret would be exposed. I tried to pull myself away but I was unable to break from Haru's grasp.

"Why don't you agree with me!" The next thing I knew Kyo had punched Haru across the class and he landed against some of the desks.

"I dunno what you're so pissed about, but don't drag Ami into your dumb tantrum."

"Stop showing off, stupid cat."

"I'm not trying to, moron."

"Yeah you are. You've gotta show your good side in front of her, right? Come on then! Wanna snap my head off? Well?"

"Now you're talking!. I'll bust up every bone in your body!" Haru yells. Kyo grabs Haru by his shirt.

"Kyo-kun! Hatsuharu-san!" Tohru calls out but they aren't listening.

"Stop fighting!" Water was poured onto Haru and Kyo. Next to them was now standing Mayu-sensei. The two boys were drenched in water.

"That's quiet though, you idiots."

"Sensei... "

"Did that cool your heads a bit?" She asks.

"You stupid teacher! Why'd you dunk me too?!" Kyo yells at her.

"You were about to go berserk yourself." She explains.

"Ah, that's refreshing." Haru says back to his normal self.

"Bastard." Kyo curses.

"Yeah? Then march your refreshed self down to the faculty room."

---

We were in the hallway chatting about what had happened while Haru was getting talked to by the teachers.

"Will Hatsuharu-san be okay?" Tohru asks.

"No doubt he's getting chewed out." Kyo answers.

"What on earth happened to make him snap like that?"

"Hmmm... Well, I wasn't watching him the whole time. I thought everything was normal. But maybe something happened recently. He's been a little down." Momiji explains.

"Oh, Hatsuharu-san!" Tohru calls out. We look around and see Haru walking towards us.

"Haru, did you get yelled at?"

"Yeah, and they called my mom. Gotta wait for her to come and get me. Sorry, Ami. I was rough with you." Haru apologises.

"Don't worry about it. You don't always have control when you go Dark." I responded to him.

"Kyo, nice fight."

"Hey... "

"Kay, bye, bye." Haru says walking off.

"Where are you going Haru?"

"It'll take my mom over an hour to get here putting on her makeup and stuff. Gonna go kill some time." He answers.

"Um... "

"He does what he wants, as usual."

"Will he be okay by himself?"

"I'll go after him. You guys can go home without me." Yuki says, and goes after Haru.

"Leave him be. I'm going home, too. I'll be late getting to the dojo."

"Out of all of us, Yuki's the best one to go."

"Yes, you're right... "

Even if Yuki goes after him, I am still worried about what got him so upset.

"Hey you. Next time Haru goes Dark, stay away from him. He's dangerous, you could get hurt." Kyo tells me.

"Right... " I agree. I know he was talking about Haru accidentally coming too close to me, and transforming.

"Tohru, you too."

"O-Oh, but that would be rude to Hatsuharu-san-"

"He's the one who's rude. Sheesh you don't get it at all."

"Tohru, Kyo's just trying to tell you to be careful because if you aren't you might get too close and Haru will transform."

"Oh, alright."

---

"If we're going to Kyoto, eating Arasiyama tofu is a must." Uotani says looking at the magazines. We were now back on the topic of what we were going to do on the school trip.

"Sounds good. Make that lunch, then." Hanajima says flipping the pages.

"Okonomiyaki? Western Japan is all about the carbs. I can't pick between the two." Uotani complains.

"Wait. What if we make the tofu our afternoon snack?" Hanajima suggested.

"Ooh, now that's a good idea. But we'll keep it light so we can get some mitarashi dango and yatsuhashi too." She agrees.

"How much food do you guys plan on eating?" I questioned.

"We could eat all that, easily." Hanajima responded.

"Um. food aside, we are going to visit some temples, right?" Yuki asks.

"Can't we just go between meals?"

"Yes, they'd be perfect for walking off our food."

"Hey, you gonna chime in or else we'll decide for you?" Uotani asks Kyo.

"Just decided whatever."

"Tohru, Yuki, Ami, Kyo!" Momiji yells, opening the door and running into our classroom. "Oh no! This is bad!"

"Is it Hatsuharu-san?" Tohru guesses.

"Yeah! They said he can't come to school anymore! He's been apprehended!" Momiji shouts.

"Oh no! That's terrible!"

"That seems a little harsh for what happened." I mumble.

"I told them that apprehending him was to mean..." Momiji cries.

"Wait, are you sure it was apprehended and not suspended?" Yuki asks.

"Maybe it was that."

"That would make more sense." I sigh.

"Is that different? Will Haru be able to come back to school?" Momiji wonders.

"Yeah. He didn't hurt anyone, so it probably won't be for long." Yuki responds.

"It'll give him time to calm down at home."

"I hope he can come back soon."

---

"Do you think Hatsuharu-san is okay?" Yuki, Tohru and I were walking home from school. Kyo had gone in the other direction to the dojo.

"I hope so."

"Are you worried about him?" Yuki asks her.

"Yes, Momiji did mention that he has been down recently. So it worried me."

"Tohru, you really are such a caring person." I smile.

"R-Really?" I nod in response. Yuki stops walking and we stop as well to make sure he is alright.

"Is something the matter?"

"Well... I think I'll go see how he's doing." Yuki answered.

"Go? To the Sohma estate?"

"Yuki, are you sure about this?" I questioned. For the few years I have known Yuki, he only ever went to the Sohma estate for New Years.

"Yeah... I'm not really looking forward to going there, though."

"I can go with you if you want." I offer.

"No. I'll go by myself today."

"Huh?"

"It's something I need to do. And not just for Haru's sake." He explains. The look in his eyes was clear, he was determined to go and visit Haru alone.

"Okay. Please give him my regards, then."

"Mine as well."

"Sure, I'll be back before dinner." Yuki smiles and heads off in the direction of the estate.

---

"We're home!"

"Welcome back!" Shigure says, greeting us. He looks between the two, of us confused. "Oh? Yuki's not with you?"

"No. Hatsuharu-san was absent today, so Yuki went to go check on him."

"He went to visit him at the Sohma estate?"

"Yes!" Tohru smiles and I lie on the floor tired from the events of today.

"Well, how about that?"

"I had the same reaction you did."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 147 25
This story is about the troubled life of Tohru. She is never happy and is constantly abused by her aunt and uncle. She constantly wonders if she'll e...
33.5K 1.4K 52
||COMPLETED|| The Sohma's are a very mysterious family. They live under the zodiac curse and only Tohru Honda knows about their secret. She currently...
25.5K 686 64
Fruits basket X reader Akitos sibling Your Akitos sibling and you love the zodiacs with all your heart. They love you just as much as the next perso...
37.1K 818 23
The Zodiac curse returns to the next young Sohmas with a vengeance, and Akito descends once again into the old order. New challenges are made and met...