When The Camellia Wilts | The...

De AlecxMaeGallego

Mother Nature has always been extremely generous and loving. But, as every organism that exists, when taken a... Mai multe

Disclaimer
When The Veil Lifted
When One's Strength is Tested
When The Only Way Is To Adapt
When The Bond Gets Stronger
When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part I
When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part II
When Two Worlds Collide
When One Escapes Death
When One Can Start Over
When Justice is Vengeance Part I
When Justice Is Vengeance Part II
When Justice Is Vengeance Part III
The Captain and The Governor
The Walls Can Talk
The Rescue
The Acceptance
The Tombs
The Meeting
The Mourning
The Return To Woodbury
The Accident
The Illness
The Quartz
The Fall of the Prison
The Sign
The Wrong People
Don't Let Loose The Man With Loose Screws
The Type to Have a Pity Party
All The Good Ones Die
You Gotta Die First In Order To Live
Carol's Kick Ass Casserole
Pretty Serious Spaghetti
Just A "Little More"
A Selfless Cigarette Thief
Classic Pot Calling The Kettle Black
Come Back Or Die Trying
Spin Around and Go Back
Not Enough Bandages
Nibble On That, Hot Stuff
Bisquick and Pancakes
Ugging Bumplies
Something To Talk About
Your Brand-New Beginning

Who Are You Really Doing This For

23 1 0
De AlecxMaeGallego

"Almost losing one person you love shines a bright spotlight on life, and suddenly strips you of everything but your real feelings." 

- Annie Flagg 

They were surrounded. 

Dead leaves danced freely on the ground before them while they all stayed rooted in their place, unable to move a muscle. They held a common fear that one small step will push the saviours over the edge, leading to them harming Maggie and Carol. And after everything that had just went down, they wouldn't let it pass the saviours to do so. 

After all, they'd do the same if the roles were reversed. 

Their hearts dropped when the radio spat Carol and Maggie's voices. Carol's voice wavered as if swallowed by terror while Maggie's was strong and stubborn. Aliya could tell that Maggie wanted Glenn to know that she could handle herself. That Maggie refuses to give the saviours what they want - a sign of fear. 

Aliya tried to fight it. Tried to stop herself from looking over at Glenn. Scared to see the look on his face as he listened to his pregnant wife under the hands of the saviours. Glenn's face was hardened by pain and heartache while his body rigid with fear for Maggie's safety. Aliya's heart hurt just by looking at him. She quickly looked away, knowing that if Glenn notices her looking at him like that, it would just pain him more. 

On the other side of the radio, the saviours argued back and forth about how smug Rick was acting. How infuriating it was that Rick wasn't begging or surrendering but rather negotiating a trade. "Do we have a deal?" Rick asked into the radio, further frustrating the receivers. 

While waiting for a response, they let their eyes wander around, searching for hairline clues about where the remaining saviours were. The voice on the other side answered a few seconds later that they would be getting back with their answer. Aliya spat a curse on the ground, her eyes focusing on the dried up soil. 

Aliya smiled as she softly bumped her shoulder against Maggie who chuckled. "You're in an awfully good mood." Maggie teased. Everybody knew that Aliya was a very serious person. Very rarely would you see her cheesing and grinning this hard. Maggie couldn't help but be excited about what her friend is about to spill. 

"He said he loves me." 

Maggie's eyes widened at the same time as her lips did. "Took you guys long enough!" she gushed, opening her arms wide for Aliya. Aliya giggled as she leaned towards Maggie to reciprocate the hug. When they pulled away from each other, Aliya held her own face, caressing her cheekbones. "Shit, Maggie. I haven't stopped smiling since I woke up." 

A loud snort escaped Maggie's throat, making both of them double in laughter. 

When Aliya finally came to, she realised that Daryl has been pulling her by her arm. They have started moving just a few minutes after the voice's answer. 

After a while, Daryl dropped her arm much more roughly as he intended to as they rushed for cover. He has been trying to call out for her for a minute now, unbeknownst to Aliya. Daryl looked over her worriedly, "Stay with me, 'Liya." he whispered, his hand gently caressing her cheek. Aliya nodded and pushed his hand down softly, blinking rapidly, "I'm with you." she reassured, swallowing the tense lump in her throat. 

She has been too focused on thinking of ways to make sense of all of these. It has been established that the saviours they have killed in that compound and back at the road were just a faction of their whole group. Just how big are the saviours in numbers? 

How much shit have they just dipped their knees in? 

With her hands in her pockets, Aliya slowly approached an unaware Carol. Ever since they came here in Alexandria, she would always find Carol in the kitchen if not in the armoury. Hearing her nearing footsteps, Carol lifted her head up from the oven to look at Aliya. 

"Hey, Aliya." Carol greeted her cheerfully. Aliya smiled softly as she tiptoed to take a look at her freshly baked cookies. She nodded her head and pointed at the tray with her lips, "Those look delicious." she complimented. Carol chuckled, "I'll save you one." 

"You're the best!" 

Aliya has taken it upon herself to check up on the others every time she rounds the grounds. One of her main stops is Carol and the kitchen. It was a bit of a treat to come into the kitchen and be greeted by the delicious smell of Carol's meals. Not to mention their rich conversations that helped develop their friendship day by day. 

"Asshole, are you there?" 

The radio went off clearly, demanding the whole group's attention. From her anxious picking of her fingers, Aliya whipped her head up and looked at Rick who hasn't let go of the radio ever since. His eyes moved around, looking each of them in their eyes, silently communicating the need to be ready. 

They have been following their trail, noticing the slight drag on one of their feet. It was obviously an attempt to help guide them to wherever the saviours took the two women. Aliya has been watching Daryl work his magic the whole way through, silently picking up some tips on how she can do the same. 

After a while, they have managed to reach a warehouse of some sort and according to Daryl, this was where the saviours took the two. It wouldn't take the saviours too long to notice or realise that they were already there based on the clarity of their voices. The only difference was who would be making the first move. 

They briefly separated into three groups, surveying the surrounding area, analysing what they're going up against. Once they were done, they carefully but quickly entered the building until they came up to a sliding gate where they could hear a commotion on the other side. Before they could say anything, it suddenly slid open. 

Aliya aimed her gun, eye-level, ready to shoot when the door revealed Maggie and Carol. It took all of them a few seconds to recover from their shock and when they did, Glenn hugged Maggie immediately while Aliya pulled Carol in her arms. "You're okay." she whispered in relief, caressing Carol's back tenderly. Carol hugged her tightly in response. 

After a few seconds, the two pulled away from each other, glad to see each other alive. Daryl jogged towards Carol and engulfed her in his arms while Aliya marched towards Maggie and held her tight. Pulling back, Aliya sighed, "Oh God." as she fixed Maggie's hair away from her face. Maggie's eyes moistened with fresh tears as she looked at Aliya whose eyes shone with worry. 

Blinking away her tears, Aliya smiled at Maggie, "It's time to go home." she muttered before letting Maggie and Glenn talk more. She felt Daryl's rough hand on her wrist pulling her towards him. Light came back to Aliya's face as she raised Daryl's hand to her lips to kiss it wordlessly. Daryl stared at Aliya lovingly before he slightly dipped down and placed a chaste kiss on the crown of her head. 

"Your friends are dead." Rick's voice thundered around the room. Primo's face was pale as he stayed rooted in his place, visibly in shock. The whole building was full of his dead friends and he's surrounded by the very people who did it. Daryl squeezed Aliya's hand before he stepped closer to Rick, "Let him burn." he growled in anger. Aliya licked her lips as she focused on Primo's reaction. 

When asked about Daryl's bike and where they got it, Primo insisted that they just found it. Understandably, Daryl refused to believe that as well as the others. Aliya's mind immediately went to Dwight and Sherry. Rick and Daryl exchanged knowing glances with each other, Negan's name resonating in their minds. 

Rick glowered over Primo, staring him down, "Was Negan in that building last night or was he here?" 

It was like Negan's name was a trigger point for Primo as once Negan's name left Rick's lips, Primo's expression changed. Gone was the shocked and upset saviour as he lifted his head to face Rick, "I'm Negan, shithead." he gritted his teeth as he stared Rick down. Aliya's eyes turned into slits in suspicion. 

He couldn't be Negan. His men would've fought harder for him. 

Rick pulled back calmly, "Sorry it had to come to this." he muttered, ignoring whatever Primo was still saying. He raised his gun and without hesitation, pulled the trigger on him. 

==+==

"If you don't wake up-" Denise' breath got caught in her throat as a rogue arrow embedded itself from behind her, directly into her right eye socket. Daryl's face fell into a shocked frowned as he scrambled to catch Denise' body. Rosita immediately raised her gun towards the direction that the arrow came from. 

Caught off guard, Daryl couldn't hold up Denise and instead laid her body down on the ground gently before raising his gun as well. But on the other side of the tracks, a group of armed men spilled from the forest, marching towards them. 

"You drop 'em now!" Dwight's familiar voice sent an angry shiver in Daryl's body. 

Dwight held Eugene by his collar, dropping him to the ground once he was a few steps away from the two. Half of his face was burned and his expression permanently angry. Daryl said nothing as Dwight stared straight into his eyes, probing him for a reaction or a response. Rosita looked back and forth between the two, overwhelmed by the situation. 

Dissatisfied by Daryl's lack of reaction, Dwight smirked and raised Daryl's crossbow, "Still getting the hang of her." he mockingly shrugged. Daryl's eyes never left Dwight's even as the saviours roughly searched him up and down. "Kicks like a bitch." Dwight added. 

Daryl still said nothing. 

Pissed off, Dwight looked between the three before his mind came to an idea. Chuckling, he nodded towards Daryl, "Your girl Aliya finally dead?" he provoked, smirking smugly. Daryl's mind flashed with images of Aliya that morning, just before they left. She stood on her tippy toes to press a chaste kiss on his lips, hugging him tight to say goodbye before bidding her goodbyes to Denise and Rosita as well. 

Raw anger radiated from Daryl's eyes as he muttered, "Should've done it." 

Dwight turned his head as if to push his ear closer in order to hear Daryl better. He too, stared right into Daryl's eyes with an unwavering expression of distaste, "Seriously, I didn't hear what you said." he shook his head. "I should've killed you." Daryl stated, almost as if he was telling it to himself. He had the chance before, Dwight knew that but Daryl and Aliya still chose to spare the two. 

The way Dwight didn't hesitate in agreeing with Daryl's statement felt ominous. His tone suggested that it wasn't a malicious remark but rather an honest one. 

"What do you want?" Rosita snapped, cutting Dwight off. Dwight smiled as he introduced himself as 'D' or 'Dwight' and grinned wider when Rosita unwillingly told him her name. 

"You're going to let us into your little complex." 

==+==

Aliya

My heart dropped when Daryl and Rosita came back holding an unconscious Eugene. "Open the gate!" I called to Sasha on the ground who immediately opened the gate for them, helping them carry Eugene in. 

That was yesterday. 

Now I'm running after Daryl, barefooted, half asleep while he barrels through Alexandria towards the gate. I just finished skimming through Carol's note to know that she decided to exile herself and had left Alexandria last night in the dark. My heart ached for Carol and everything she has been through. 

I could feel the pad of my feet hit the ground painfully as I threw myself towards the gate, "Daryl, don't do this on your own." I pleaded but he was too focused on getting Carol back to safety. He stopped briefly to look at me, "We can't leave her alone again." he pleaded, his frown deep. "She can't be out there." I nodded in agreement, catching his eyes, "I'll come with you." 

We know how much being exiled broke Carol before. Her mind is in shambles and her spirit is too broken for her to survive on her own. Daryl and I noticed the note in the middle of our morning routine where he makes our food while I fight to stay awake. 

I was just starting to read the note when he immediately rushed out of the room. 

Daryl put his hand on my nape, pulling me towards him. "It's not safe." he whispered before pressing his lips against mine. His expression reminded me of our talk last night. How Dwight was looking for me specifically as well. 

"Stay here." he muttered against my lips. 

My heart hammered against my chest as he pulled away from me, his eyes never leaving mine as he mounted his bike. There was no point in stopping him so I just opened the gate further, watching him as he passed me by. Each minute we let pass is more distance that Carol would cover. 

We have to go after them both. 

I turned from the gate and marched towards Michonne and Glenn, snatching a weapon from the barrel before turning towards the car. I could feel the others following behind me as I opened the car door, my knuckles turning white from the grip I had on the steering wheel. 

Glenn reluctantly put his hand on mine, "I'll drive." he offered softly. I must've looked crazy by the way he looked at me worriedly so I conceded immediately, not wanting to waste any more time. 

Daryl told me what had happened. How they were ambushed by Dwight and the saviours while they were on the tracks. Dwight had his crossbow but dropped it when they exchanged gunfire. He said Dwight had half of his face burnt. That Dwight seethed with rage and hatred towards us. 

He wanted me to stay in Alexandria no matter what. 

But how can I when he's out there?

----

"This the same railroad?" 

Rosita nodded at me silently before craning her neck to look around. There were multiple bodies on the ground while a female walker munched on a fresh body. There was fog all round us and a dark red spot in the middle of the track. Rosita stared hard at the spot, "That's where she died." 

My eyes fluttered as I looked away from Rosita towards the spot. Denise and I weren't that close but I liked her. She's one of the people that made me feel comfortable at Alexandria and I could never repay her for that. "He had to have started from here." I whispered, looking around the area. 

Hearing rustling of leaves from behind me, I turned around to see Michonne revealing Daryl's bike. He's on foot. 

I swallowed the painful lump in my throat as I wiped my face in frustration. Glenn and Michonne exchanged glances before Michonne confirmed my suspicions. My eyes caught Glenn's who looked at me with empathy before walking towards Rosita, asking her which direction Dwight ran off to. 

"We should let him do this." 

My ears pinged at Rosita's words as my face contorted in anger. Daryl is one man. No matter how capable he is, the saviours play dirty. He can't take them all. 

"Maybe he's gonna get himself killed." Glenn's words were like a stab right through my heart. My head whipped up to face him but he avoided my gaze. He's not gonna die. He can't. He won't. 

He's not gonna die. 

I felt something wet slide down my chin which I immediately wiped away. From the side of my eye, I could see Glenn turn towards me, regret etched in his face but I just glared at Daryl's bike. 

That damn bike. 

"Hey." Glenn called out softly, his hand reaching out to me carefully. I looked up at him silently. He then nodded towards the direction of Daryl's bike, "That way." he muttered. Without waiting for any of them, I marched towards the forest, hot on my heels. 

They tried to talk to me multiple times but all I could think of is Daryl. That stubborn asshole. Does he think me staying in Alexandria meant that I would be safe? Did he really think I would stay back and sit back while he's out here all by himself? 

Frustrated tears spilled from my eyes continuously, blurring my vision. I could see a clearing in front of me when an arrow swooshed pass me, embedding itself into the tree. I jumped in shock and followed the direction of the arrow. 

Found you. 

I snatched the arrow harshly while I marched towards Daryl, meeting him halfway. He too, marched towards me angrily, "Thought I told you to stay home?" he barked, snatching his arrow from me. My fists balled up tight as I glared up at him, "Fuck what you said." I bumped my shoulder against his, passing him. 

I could hear them exchange a few heated words from behind me which I promptly ignored. My ears burned in frustration as I poured all of my annoyance on whacking wild grass away from our path. 

"He tied Aliya up, beat her senseless!" Daryl's voice echoed through the forest. 

"Then he put a gun to my head, promised to kill her, and tied me up." 

"I even tried to help him." he murmured regretfully. 

Daryl's feet thumped from behind me as he marched towards me, grabbing me by my forearm. I glared at his hand before I lifted my eyes up at him. Frustration caked his face a darker tone while his eyes glistened with worry. He towered over me tenderly, "I don't want you anywhere near him, Aliya." 

"I don't want you anywhere near him either." 

He blinked at me I backed away from him when Glenn marched in between us, facing Daryl, "It ain't your fault, man. Carol's gone. You're not doing this for her. You're doing this for you. For what he did to Aliya." he shook his head disappointingly. 

"Just come back." 

Daryl avoided Glenn's gaze and shook his head, "I can't." he grounded out before walking away from Glenn. He then caught my eyes, making me stand up straight as he made his way towards me. Only stopping at an arm's length, silently reaching his hand out for me to take. 

"Come with me?" 

I nodded, taking his hand in mine. 

Always. 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

4.5K 159 12
THE DIXON TWINS KNEW DISAPPOINTMENT. It greets them like an old friend. A welcomed intruder into their lives in which they have learned to live. So w...
125K 3.6K 79
'𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚...' *** H...
65.1K 1.5K 48
Romance should be the last thing on her mind once the world ended- and it was... until she met Daryl Dixon. While trying to adapt to the way the new...
1M 26.6K 121
"You lose everyone, that's just the way it is now. Get used to it." The new world, where blood and dirt stained your body like it was your favourite...