Playing With The Bad Boy

Av roadiet3

They say endings are the best part, for the lucky ones, they are, but for the rest of us, they aren't. Meet C... Mer

did I hurt your pride?
he knows
duck face
"competition"
care bear
new neighbor
i've been duffed
star gazing
nutty fudge ball
but I don't have diarrhea
good grief
vandalizing
don't look down
in love with me
snitch
quinton's biggest fan
breaking and entering
valentine's day
that's one way to eat a pizza
death of me
truth hurts
slaughtered
i could use a burger
don't cha
cat got your tongue?
sugar honey iced tea
me and you
an old friend
sexually active everybody
so hot i could pop popcorn on his abs
die happy
is dylan o'brien a type?
you're dead
i ate all of your fries
i'd rather heat stroke
a splendorous time
he direct messaged me....
but hey who could I possibly run into at a back road hispanic bakery at 4pm.
good game f@ck you good game
kickback
how am i going to survive this spring break?
room of impending doom
down bad
never falling in love again
nervous habit
water is not wet
if it smells like vicks and newspaper, you know why
in another life
leave me alone
all girls are the same
i might just go hit your car or something
eat the turtles and save the rich
dead to me

what happens on break stays on break

1.8K 60 22
Av roadiet3

Chapter 51. What happens on break stays on break

I didn't see Axel for the rest of the trip. 

"Do you know what's wrong with Axel?" Cooper curiously asks me as Amber and I lay by the pool.

I didn't want to do anything except lay in bed for the rest of the time. But Amber somehow got me to go outside.

"No, I'm sorry Coop I wish I did," lying to Cooper hurt so much more than it should have.

"He's been out all day and night with Nolan and Grayson, he's really off, like more than usual," Cooper shrugs as he takes a seat next to me.

Amber changes the subject and diverts Cooper's attention to something else.

Before I knew it, it was our last day and we were all driving back.

I sat with Amber in the back seat while Axel and Cooper sat together in the middle.

We arrive at Axel's house somewhere in the early evening. We were supposed to arrive much later so my grandma, Miguel, and Jack were across town to bring me my favorite pozole.

"Want me to come over? We can watch movies all night and be sad," Amber whispers to me as the boys exit the car to unload the bags.

I shake my head, "Maybe tomorrow? I just want to be alone right now."

Amber nods, "I understand, let me know if you need anything."

We slip out of the car and I wave goodbye to everyone and they all wave back besides Axel who's leaning on the other side of the car. 

I walk to my house with my bag in hand and unlock my front door. I walk into my room without turning any of the lights on. I throw my bags on the floor and enjoy the familiar comfort of my own bed and blankets.

I glance out of my window to see Axel's open window and I feel the urge to cry.

Before I can, I flip the other way and within minutes I'm in a deep sleep.

-*-*-

I'm startled out of my nap by the sound of a slam. I turn over to see Axel's window now closed with the curtains down.

He hates me now.

-*-*-

It's been days and Axel and I have spoken. It was now our first day back at school and I wasn't looking forward to seeing him.

"So what did ms. mom say about the hair?" Olly asks Amber causing her to grin from ear to ear, "Well just as expected, she bought color remover, which was unintelligent on her end." Amber notes.

"How so?" Olly wonders and Amber giggles, "If I take this out I'll just do another color."

They both snicker as I stare into space at lunch.

"Let's go to Olly's house or something and watch movies tonight," Amber suggests.

"Yeah, we need to cheer this one up," Olly claims as he pokes my forehead with a cold celery stick.

"You look horrible, have you slept?" Olly asks and I nod, "It's all I do lately."

Olly's usually squinted eyes widen like a Tim Burton character as he looks at Amber then back at me.

"Alright, I'll pretend like that's not the most depressing thing I've heard today," Olly says before downing a chocolate milk carton.

 "I'm sure Axel is sad too," Amber adds and I fold my hands together to rest my chin on them, "Has Cooper said anything to you about it?"

"I haven't seen Cooper since Florida, I just know all of the guys have been inseparable since then," Amber explains.

"That's depressing," Olly bluntly states, and Amber nods, "They aren't even at lunch."

"Our project is due today for last hour," I comment as I poke at the mushy broccoli on my tray, "We haven't even practiced presenting together."

"Is it finished?" Amber asks and I press my lips into a thin line as I nod, "Mine are at least."

Classes drone on and soon it's the last class of the day. I take a seat at my desk and immediately pull out my notes for the project. 

My heart was thudding in my chest anxiously as I dread the sight of Axel walking into class. My mind begins pooling with the many scenarios of what would happen when he enters.

Is he going to talk about our last conversation? 

Is he going to pretend like it never happened and we're okay?

As usual, the tardy bell rings and Axel swiftly walks in.

I'm not sure what I expected him to look like, but all I know is this is completely not what I had in mind.

He wasn't sad or upset looking.

He looked happier than I had ever seen him as wears that signature smirk.

He seemed more like himself than he was when I first met him.

And it hurt.

He takes a seat in front of me not even glancing my way before he and Ben from baseball start cracking jokes. 

Or pretend like I don't exist.

"So how was your break bro?" Ben asks Axel and I turn stiff, "Nothing too crazy, just a road trip," Axel responds nonchalantly as if I'm not there.

"C'mon man, how were those Florida girls?" Ben pries and I feel ill to my stomach.

Axel cooly chuckles as he leans back in his chair, "What happens on break stays on break."

My blood begins to boil at his words. Is he serious?

"Carolina, how was your break?" Ben asks and my eyes widen in surprise from the question. I feel my heart tighten as Axel looks at me blankly as if he doesn't even know who I am.

"Nothing eventful honestly," I murmur boredly and he chuckles, "Really? Nothing at all."

"Nothing at all," I confirm forcing a smile on my face before Mr. Srisuk clears his throat gaining the attention of everyone in the class.

"Alright, I hope everyone had a restful break. Considering most of you probably forgot about the project this week I decided to move it to Wednesday," Mr. Srisuk announces which causes cheers to erupt across the class.

"Since your project for the most part should be done, I'm going to lecture you all on sections 7.2 through 7.5 in your textbooks," He informs now causing most of the class to groan.

"Yeah yeah, you graduate soon I don't want to hear it, pull out your notes..." and he begins droning on until the bell rings.

-*-*-

Eli's Point of View. 

Man, I hated school. Cyclic AMP? What is that?

In times like this, I missed the facility.

Just kidding.

But right now, two things were currently on my mind. on my mind.

1. Is Dr. Pepper really coke and root beer mixed?

2. I have never seen my brother this sad in my life.

He's pretending like he's fine but I know him well enough by now. I still had no idea why though, when I asked him he was an asshole about it and pretended like he had no idea what I was talking about.

I had a few ideas of possible reasons and I had a strong feeling about one of them. But there was only one way to know for sure.

The bell rings and exit class to see Jack Garcia at Daisy's locker.

"My boy, what's up," Jack greets me and we shake up before he says bye to Daisy.

"That a thing?" I ask out of curiosity and Jack shrugs, "If I can not fuck it up this time."

We both crack a laugh, "How's Carolina doing?"

"You know Carolina?" Jack asks and I nod, "Your sister and my brother kind of got something going."

"Oh... well now that you mention it she doesn't really seem like herself lately," He presumes, "She's kinda just been like the walking dead lately, only comes out of her room when its dinner time."

Interesting.

"Well, I'll see you, bro." We shake up one more time before going our separate ways.

Theory: possibly confirmed.

The cool wind hurt my face as I skateboarded to the high school. It was about to be 5:00 which meant baseball practice is coming to an end.

I stop boarding once I hit the gravel road. I grab my board and hide behind Carolina's blue minivan.

Man did this need some work to it.

I almost fall asleep before I hear footsteps and car engines beginning to run.

Conveniently for me, Carolina was all the way in the back of the lot but I couldn't risk being seen by anyone besides her so I slide under her van.

I hear her cleats as she walks around to the car to open her door.

Hope this works.

______

Vote and comment :)

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1.7M 59.5K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
18.2K 1.7K 40
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...
831K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
155K 4.1K 35
"So here I am, bawling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like...