The Killers' Nightmare (A Fem...

By VeryClapped

This tale follows (Y/N) (L/N), an 18 year old high schooler. To call his life up until now 'subpar' would be... More

Slenda's Mansion
Zalga's Mansion
Chapter 1 | The New Girl, and a new start
Chapter 2 | Demons of the night
Chapter 3 | News spreads fast
Chapter 4 | First patrol
Chapter 5 | Vigilante work
Chapter 6 | The chase and the Gamer
Chapter 7 | New day, same Vigilante
Chapter 8 | Exchanging pleasantries
Chapter 9 | Meeting the Residents
Chapter 10 | A warm-ish welcome
Chapter 11 | First day
Chapter 12 | A bit of renovation
Chapter 13 | Tale of the Past and a problem for Today
Chapter 14 | The after-show and the others
Chapter 15 | A Nightmare come true
Chapter 16 | A rude awakening
Chapter 17 | Recovery and meeting the other Residents
Chapter 18 | From an Angel to a Devil
Chapter 19 | Taking some control...
Chapter 20 | Introducing Someone
Chapter 21 | Helping out and an interrogation
Chapter 22 | A fight, a fix up and an odd situation
Chapter 23 | A strange turn of events
Chapter 24 | Something that nobody could've guessed (Lemon)
Chapter 25 | What now?
Chapter 26 | Kidnapped
Chapter 27 | Showtime!
Chapter 28 | Escape and relocation
Chapter 29 | Confusion
Chapter 30 | Escaping once more!
Chapter 31 | Time skipping on a whole new level
Chapter 32 | Plot Hooks gone wild
Chapter 33 | Chronal Shift
Chapter 34 | Happy Holidays?
Chapter 35 | On the First Day of Christmas...
Chapter 36 | Twas the Night of Christmas...
Chapter 37 | A very Happy New Year
Chapter 38 | Sleeping Beauty awakens
Chapter 39 | Casual home life
Chapter 40 | An odd series of events
Chapter 41 | A deal made and a promise kept (Lemon)
Chapter 42 | Calm day at home
Chapter 43 | The beginning of War
Chapter 44 | A Warrior does not waver
Chapter 45 | Crossing the line
Chapter 46 | Like Father like Son
Chapter 47 | Clean slate
Chapter 48 | 'Normal' life returns
Chapter 49 | Living with a new housemate
Chapter 50 | Almost a debut
Chapter 51 | Not-so-friendly reunion
Chapter 52 | Fusion of confusion
Chapter 54 | Autopilot antics
Chapter 55 | Cat and Mouse
Chapter 56 | The Boss
Chapter 57 | Rekindling something lost
Chapter 58 | Diplomacy
Chapter 59 | Rhythms of the heart
Chapter 60 | Upper levels
Chapter 61 | A change of attitude
Chapter 62 | Murder on the dance floor
Chapter 63 | New revelations
Chapter 64 | Average school morning
Chapter 65 | School days
Chapter 66 | Mental meetup
Chapter 67 | Old yet new
Chapter 68 | Dishonourable mention
Chapter 69 | A Mother's love
Chapter 70 | Medical emergency
Chapter 71 | New information
Chapter 72 | Conflict
Chapter 73 | Under the radar
Chapter 74 | A developing plan
Chapter 75 | Altercation-Provocation

Chapter 53 | Clearing things up

3.6K 80 38
By VeryClapped

Still (Y/N)'s POV
"What the fuck is going on?" Jane asked, her look of bewilderment barely masking her attempt to keep herself calm.
"I feel like I'm gonna hear that one a lot..." I groaned, still hunched over and catching my breath after my surprising energy usage. "Okay, Jane, before I can answer that I need you to answer something first" I said, now standing up straight as my breathing slowed to a normal pace once again.
"What? Why?" She responded, putting her hands on her hips while a hint of irritation made its way onto her face.
"Oh god, just throw her off the building. I'm so bored" Nightmare groaned, being as friendly and helpful as ever.
"Then I'll know how to tailor my answers to your understanding" I explained simply. "Alternatively, I could just carry on with my patrol and leave you confused" I added, hoping to present myself as having the upper hand in this situation.
"I'm caught up enough to know you're not like that" she scoffed, smiling smugly a little after she spoke.
"Well, that's a good enough place to start then" I responded, smiling under my mask as we conversed. "But seriously, I'm gonna need to know how far you're caught up so I can explain... well, everything" I explained, now picking up my weapons that I conveniently landed next to.
"I guess that's fair" she said, taking a deep breath before speaking up again. "I can't really say I'm caught up in detail, but I have a rough recollection of everything up until Slenda announced Liu joined our house. Then I saw us making out, and also me dead" she recollected, a sullen look replacing the smile she had moments before. "So yeah, bit of a mix up in the whole memory department" she added.
'This is gonna suck...' I thought, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath before beginning my explanation.

"Well, for starters, the reason there's a jumble up is..." I began, not knowing how much I should water down this tale. "It's uhh..." I continued, rubbing the back of my head in thought.
"It's okay, (Y/N)" Jane reassured, most likely noticing my distress. "I've seen so much today that, even now, I can't tell if I'm dreaming or not" she explained, a calm smile resting upon her face.
"Might as well give her the whole shabang" Nightmare suggested. "The fact that this happened means that we've really got nothin' to lose here" he added, probably in a first attempt to be supportive.
'Well we do know where a time-travelling dimension tear is...' I thought, wanting to keep a backup plan handy. 'Ah fuck it, what've we got to lose?' I asked.
"Well now you're just repeatin' me!" Nightmare exclaimed joyfully.
"Well, going from the first time we met..." I began.

From there, I proceeded to give my best summary of the events since. And dear god was it tedious. I did my best to be detailed, but I was also doing my best to not drag it on for too long. Jane politely listened for the seemingly endless amount of minutes I was speaking for, and she even asked a few questions which I appreciated. And eventually, I finished the tale up until the point I was at. 'Jesus Christ, I could make this shit into a book' I mentally groaned.
"Heheh, irony" Nightmare chuckled.
"And that's about it, sorry if that took a while" I said to Jane, ignoring Nightmare entirely. "Any other questions?" I asked, not wanting to leave her in the dark.
"Well, does anyone else know? If you know everything that you do, did you actually contact Benny? Or anyone else?" She questioned, still keeping her composure despite the bizarre nature of our conversation.
"Nope. Like I said, my plan is to let everything take its natural course. The only reason I tried Benny was because I'm confident that she stalks me in her free time" I said with a light chuckle.
"Well I knew there was someone that she liked, but I never knew you were so close" she responded, smiling a little as she spoke.

"But I do have... one other question..." Jane added shyly.
"Ask away, I think I'll head back on patrol when we're done either way" I said casually, stretching out my back.
"It's uh... how do I put this?" She mumbled, putting a hand on her chin whilst she stood still in thought. "Is it really true that everyone at home is 'interested' in you?" She asked.
"Apparently. Do you want me to show you the proposition Slenda gave me as incentive to join?" I asked, holding out my hand. "I feel like if you 'hear' it from her, the harem proposition sounds less like me trying to lie to you" I added.
"I assume if I grab that, I'll see the situation?" She asked skeptically.
"Basically, yeah" I confirmed, giving a small nod as well. "You don't have to, and I can understand your scepticism, but this really is the only way I can prove I'm telling the truth" I added, hoping context would ease the current distrust on her face. She stared at my open palm for a moment, and after a deep breath she spoke up.
"I'll give that a pass. I've had enough memory encounters for one day, and I'm caught up enough to know I can trust what you tell me" she stated warmly, flashing a cute smile upon finishing her sentence.

"But did Slenda propose a harem, or was that your idea?" Jane asked, arcing an eyebrow.
"Slenda introduced it as that, and don't forget the glimpse you got when everyone kissed me" I stated, putting my hands in my pockets and giving a shrug. "And I did show you that family meeting, right?" I asked, realising that that would be a pretty key bit of information within the current context.
"Yeah, I got that" she confirmed, her eyes seemingly unfocused. "This... is so strange..." she mumbled, blinking a few times before re-focusing on the current situation.
"Yeah, and that's putting it lightly" I confirmed. "Maybe you should head back home, I can imagine that you'd want to lie down after getting hit by this semi-truck of information" I suggested, giving a nervous laugh afterwards whilst I rubbed the back of my head.

Jane's POV
"You know... that's probably for the better" I agreed, giving a small nod. "I trust I can leave my vigilante patrol in your hands tonight?" I asked, remembering that he mentioned a 'patrol' of his own not long ago.
"Of course!" (Y/N) reassured confidently, even standing up straight and holding a salute. "I'll be out for maybe another hour or two, I get the feeling that a holiday high-street is gonna be a hub of criminal activities" he added, doing some light stenches for his arms and legs.
"And you intend to stop them all in under two hours?" I asked, folding my arms and arching an eyebrow.
"That's the plan, I've got a math test tomorrow morning after all" he said smugly, and even from behind his mask I could tell he was smiling.

"Maybe we should work together then" I suggested, taking a step forward. "We'll get things done faster if there's two of u-"
"No can do" (Y/N) interrupted, standing up and holding a finger to his lips. "Don't get me wrong, you're strong as hell and you'd be a great teammate" he stated sweetly.
"But...?" I asked, slightly offended despite his compliments.
"But, given the situation, you'd focus more on me then helping people in need. Plus I'd get distracted, I don't think I'd be able to take my eyes off you if I tried" he said with a wink, making me blush a deep red. "God that was corny, I'm sorry" he groaned, swiftly smacking himself on the forehead. "I'm a lot smoother in my timeline, I swear" he added, now talking through his palm.
"N-no problem..." I mumbled, doing my best to stay composed and yet failing miserably. "I think I'll see myself out" I added, pointing at the door behind me.
"Y-yeah, it's cold out here so you should probably get home soon" he said, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "Be safe on your way back, 'kay?" He said sweetly.
"I will" I responded, smiling at him as he turned and walked over to the edge of the building. "Good luck on patrol, and thanks for the save earlier!" I called, making him turn around to look at me.
"Anytime" he said smugly. "And by the way, just call me if you need me, alright? I'll be wherever you need me whenever you ask for me" he added, the tone in his voice suggesting something more serious than playful.
"But I don't have your-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before I watched him lean back and jump off of the building, with his hands in his pockets no less.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, immediately running over. I cleared the surface of the roof almost instantly, but as I got to the other side I was astonished to see that (Y/N) had just landed on a lower building across the street. He gave me a wave as he crossed between some more, and then he pointed to what I assumed was just below me whilst he made the gesture for a phone call with his left hand. Confused, I took a look around me before peeking over the edge of the building to see a sticky note pinned to the wall with my knife. I crouched down to grab them both and, surprise surprise, the note had some writing on it.

"The name's (Y/N), but you can call me anytime. Winky face" I read aloud, not noticing the smile creeping its way onto my face. "That smug idiot..." I mumbled, still watching him vanish into the night. 'Be safe out there, (Y/N)' I thought, clutching the paper tight against my chest after I read the phone number underneath. 'Well then, better leave the rest of the night to him. I'm getting cold anyway' I thought, slipping my knife into its sheathe (and the paper into my bra) before making my way home. As I turned to leave, I looked at the centre of the roof and saw that (Y/N) had forgotten his knives. I quickly recovered them and crammed them into my sheathe, smiling at his forgetfulness. 'If we're destined to meet again, I'll give these back to him then' I thought, a warm feeling in my heart as I imagined our next encounter.

(Time skip, because I think Jane could do with some more screen time for now)

'Alright, back to the forest and no one saw me' I thought to myself, double checking my surroundings before hopping the fence into Devil's Woods. "Ugh, I've still got such a headache..." I mumbled, holding my head as I walked. As leaves crunched beneath my feet, and the lights of the city faded behind the trees, I felt myself getting lost in thought. 'Just who is (Y/N)?' I pondered. I had met him and he shared the memories of us together, but... 'how could I take that as fact?' I wondered, not even focusing on where I was headed at this point. I pulled out the piece of paper I was 'given' and I stared at it as I walked. It was just a standard, pink sticky note, and yet looking at it filled my heart and soul with both nostalgia and sorrow. 'Am I... are we... all fated to die?' I thought, my heart sinking at the idea. I stopped dead in my tracks as I stared at the pink paper, it contrasting heavily against my porcelain skin and the light frost that coated the grass. "Just dead in front of the porch... piled up like common trash?" I questioned aloud, the image burning itself into my mind as I felt tears well up.

"I... I don't want to di-"
"Oh hey, Jane!" A voice called out in front of me, pulling me from my thoughts. Quickly wiping my eyes and hiding the paper behind my back, I looked up to see Jill walking over and waving. "What's up, buttercup?" She greeted, in her friendly tone as usual.
"What's going down, clown?" I responded, hoping she didn't catch me nearly breaking down.
"Hehe, nice one" she praised, now stood in front of me. "You headin' back home?" She asked as we began walking together.
"Yeah, I think I'm done for the night. It feels like I've been out here forever" I lied, trying to ignore the image of a dead Jill that kept flashing in my mind.
"Oh, for real? Cuz you've only been out for like..." she stopped to look at her wrist, probably pretending there was a watch there. "An hour and a half maybe?" She concluded.
"Oh really?" I wondered, checking my phone to see she was actually correct. "Must be the cold, it's freezing and I'm in a dress" I noted, gesturing to my attire.

"Do you... keep your phone in your coochie?" Jill inquired as I put my phone away.
"What? No!" I exclaimed, feeling my face heat up. "There's a small pouch attached to my stockings and-"
"Hey, whatcha got there!?" Jill exclaimed, snatching the note from (Y/N) and reading aloud. "Oh ho! Jane you little go-getter! So you got a man now?" She asked teasingly as she skipped away.
"I-it's not like that!" I exclaimed, chasing after her.
"Oh really? So you wouldn't mind if I called this guy and asked to hook up?" She called from over her shoulder. "(Y/N) happens to be my favourite name for a boy toy~" she added, licking her lips greedily.
"Jill! Ew!" I called out, slowly catching up.
"Awwwh, what wrong, Jane? Can't handle sex talk?" She teased, still skipping away from me.

I felt my face heat up at the mention, admittedly I had enjoyed the moment where (Y/N) held me close to his chest and I may or may not have had a couple dirty thoughts on the way home. It certainly didn't help that I could still feel his kiss on my lips, so I didn't think I was at fault for my imagination - especially since (Y/N) did some flirting of his own during our time together. Jill realised my embarrassment and her cockiness caused her to slow down, so I took my chance and dove for the sticky note. I latched onto Jill's forearm and, as she began trying to shake me off, I snatched the paper from her hand. 'I got it!' I mentally exclaimed, springing off of Jill's arm and bolting off towards the house.
"Oooooo, guuurl, you've done it now!" Jill exclaimed, using a sassy tone for comedic effect.

We were basically playing Tag for the next minute, and as we reached the front of the house, I made it onto the porch and went straight for the door. I grabbed the handle and... 'It's locked!?' I mentally exclaimed, looking over my shoulder and seeing Jill bolt towards me like an animated cat chasing after a cunning mouse. I tried reaching for my keys, but my laughter meant I couldn't focus properly so by the time I'd grabbed them...

*WHAM!*

Jill had football tackled me into the door, snapping the latch and sending us sliding along the freshly-waxed, hardwood floor. We were both giggling like idiots, however all laughter ceased when we realised what stopped us from sliding. We both slowly looked up to see that we were stopped by the shins of an irritated Slenda, who was now tapping her foot impatiently as she looked down at us. "The house feels a bit more breezy than earlier, can either of you tell me why that is?" She asked, her brow furrowed in annoyance.
"Well, funny story actually-"
"Jane's got a boyfriend!" Jill called out, quickly getting up and sprinting off to her room. Slenda tried to catch her, but somehow Jill was able to dodge every tentacle that was launched in her direction.
"Jane, is she telling the truth?" Slenda inquired, now more curious than annoyed.
"You know what? Just read my mind, I'm too tired to speak anymore" I groaned, now mad at Jill for tossing me under the bus.

"T-tired? As in, from having... y-you know..." Slenda stuttered, given her reaction she was most likely assuming something entirely different.
"Having what? I haven't fought anyone today" I clarified.
"N-no, Jane. I meant to ask if you're tired from doing... well, it with this boyfriend of yours..." she mumbled, her white face now flushed a pretty pink.
"It? What do you me-" I stopped speaking when the realisation of what she meant sunk in. "OH MY GOD! NO!" I yelled, my own face now surely as red as a tomato. "Slenda, just-" I grabbed her by the wrist and placed her massive palm on my forehead. "Just read, you'll understand then" I clarified, now calming down despite people now coming downstairs in response to the commotion. 'Fuck my life...'

Back at (Y/N)'s POV
"And just like that" I began, knocking out the last of this small group of criminals. "The bad guys are all out of gas" I joked, looking around to see confused faces among the now ex-hostages. "You know, cuz they were robbing here?" I asked, only to receive no response. "And since we're in a gas station..." I trailed off at the end, realising my joke was wasted. "Yeesh, tough crowd..." I sighed.
"In their defence, that was the worst delivery of an attempt at a joke I've ever heard. And I've been around longer than your species unironically used the phrase 'unga bunga'" Nightmare chimed in.
'Hey, fuck you, that was gold' I responded, admittedly a little upset.

"Have any of you called the cops?" I asked the crowd.
"Yeah, they should be here soo-" the store clerk was immediately interrupted by the wees and the woos of police sirens closing in.
"Splendid timing" I said with a snicker. "Is it cool if I duck out the back?" I asked, pointing to the door I snuck in from.
"S-sure thing, dude" the clerk said, clearly still stunned by the situation.
"Thanks" I said politely before peeking through the glass door. I watched as officers cautiously made their way past the gas pumps, with their guns raised with the car lights flashing behind them. "Stay safe, folks. Hopefully I won't have to rescue any of you again anytime soon" I said playfully before darting out the back. As I exited the back door, I heard numerous footsteps surrounding the building. 'Well shit' was my immediate thought, realising that if I were to harm an officer then I would end up in more trouble than I would've hoped for.

The sound of radio chatter told me that officers were approaching from both ways into this alleyway, meaning that any way out would have to be the result of me going up or... 'down?' I wondered, scanning the floor in hopes of an out.
"When in doubt, become a sewer rat" Nightmare suggested, my eyes being drawn towards a closed manhole.
'Ew, I'm gonna smell like shi-'
"*radio static* Be advised, units approaching back alley" a voice over a radio interrupted my conversation, and made me realise I really didn't have a lot of options.
'Gah! Alright, fine!' I groaned, darting forwards before sliding along the ground and slamming the manhole with my foot as I approached. With a quiet thunk, the manhole cover tipped in such a way that, while it wasn't detached, there was a way in for me. The circular surface was now pointed up, and as I barely fit through the new opening I reached up and, with the assistance of a shadow arm, rolled the manhole cover shut once again. I quickly grabbed onto the ladder by my side, and as I swayed just above the floor I heard the cops walk over the manhole and into the store. "Phew..." I sighed, feeling a small weight of stress being lifted off of my shoulders as I touched down on the sidewalk-like lip of the sewer.

'And now to find the exit...'
"Looks like I'm takin' a nap"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 12 7
Hello and welcome to my little cute story. I have been a huge fan of creepypasta during the great amount of my teen years, that also infected my adul...
133 8 5
β€’ π‘³π’–π’“π’Œ β€’ Meaning; ᡛᡉʳᡇ 𝑩𝒆 𝒐𝒓 π’“π’†π’Žπ’‚π’Šπ’ π’‰π’Šπ’…π’…π’†π’ 𝒔𝒐 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒐 π’˜π’‚π’Šπ’• π’Šπ’ π’‚π’Žπ’ƒπ’–π’”π’‰ 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† 𝒐𝒓 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’•π’‰π’Šπ’οΏ½...
495K 16.2K 41
[COMPLETED] "There's something I just have to do. Remember that incident with BEN?" I frowned and slowly nodded my head. "Well, I need to make sure...
573 22 13
TRIGGER- Blood, Sexual Assault, Sadism, masochism, violence, etc. That is definitely not all but I am NOT responsible for your reaction to MY story...